Feh Channel on the 7th 7:30pm PT

Jingle Jangle

Even with low expectations, this could be a very interesting FEH channel:

• The new toys of Florina, Shanna and Bartre. And Saber I think. (sorry, I don't know the guy)
  • The units behind the next banner.
  • Starting Book 3. Possibly new feature.
  • Balance changes like before
  • Something about upcoming Tempest Trial

I think I'll stick to this checklist.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I just dislike how some people have made a competition out of who is the most sick of the game, who is the most pessimistic about thursday and, most importantly, who is going to quit the hardest. 

Well, that phenomenon is not feh-exclusive. 

47 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Here's my bingo card

Hide contents

s

Oh, yesss, demotions please!!! But skill refinery... I mean, it could work out great, in fact it could be real good, but I just can't really see how it should be to not be broken... Abyssal maps are all no for me, I'm not whale enough to do them easily, and not patient enough to come up with a working strategy. Anything my Leon can't handle, is just another thing that I'm going to skip. Except if the rewards are orbs. One can never have too many orbs.

But even if we do get a Book 3 preview, I don't expect it to be a cinematic, or trailer or anything like that. It will be just a big "COMING SOON", with maybe a date for when new information will be released imho. I do hope I'm not rigth tho...

I only hopw for TMS#FE units to be announced or teased or whatever, but I don't think they are going to come anytime soon...

2 hours ago, Nanima said:

I swear there is just no pleasing some people. I am rather sick of being regaled with tales of how people will quit the game as if it's some kind of grand statement against capitalism or whatever. You don't like the way things are in the game right now? Good for you, I don't much either in many areas (arena esp.). But it feels like it's become fashionable to exaggerate the flaws and moan about it all day. Maybe the next direct will fix some things. Maybe it won't. Maybe it will make it worse. But can we stop it with this doom and gloom athmosphere when it's not even out yet? Being always pessimistic might save you from the huge disappointments, but it ultimately just leaves you miserable for the most part.

Honestly... you seem unreasonable here. I do agree with some points, like it's pointless for people to announce that they're quitting in response to their disappointment or frustration towards the game, but I don't see why it's something to get upset over, especially if their reasons for feeling disappointed, frustrated or bored are justified.

I understand that it's upsetting to see a new (potentially exciting) announcement and be taken aback by general user pessimism and negativity towards Intelligent Systems, but to dismiss these as comments as 'exaggerated flaws' is very narrow-minded. Fire Emblem: Heroes serious lack of content, the developers manhandling of Arena, the continued support for poorly designed or boring modes (Relay Defense, Voting Gauntlet, Tap Battle), character representation across the series and so on are all -- for some people, not necessarily you -- critical flaws that need to be addressed.

The general negativity towards the game has been growing over the past few months now. It doesn't help that the last few FEH channels have been divisive and is (understandably) priming players to set-up preemptive disappointment. People aren't moaning for no reason, it's not an "exaggeration" to feel that the game has been going downhill and needs a big update to keep player interest, in fact I think the opinion has become relatively commonplace. What I'm trying to say is, people aren't pessimistic for no reason and it's hardly fair to blame them considering Intelligent System's disappointing track record over the past few months. 

Although to be honest... this place is easily one of the more forgiving and positive forums in relation to Fire Emblem Heroes. Even the comments complaining prior to yours seem very understandable. 

38 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Really?

Yeah. Someone on reddit posted a screenshot of the Feh channel image not loading and got text with 2.11 instead. Another user researched the validity of this finding and found that only the Spanish notification has that text when using inspect. Looks like someone on the European localisation's end messed up

Edited by silveraura25

@TheWill I am very much aware if all the points you listed. It's hard not to be at this point. What I don't agree on is that I am not allowed to find these complaints somewhat exagerrated. It's my own opinion that these flaws aren't terrible enough to raise up in every single conversation about the game. Because that's what 99% of the discussion has boiled down to at this point. I admit that I should have allowed from the beginning that others find these worse than I do. But so should you accept my viewpoint on it.

This forum may not be as bad as others, but that doesn't mean it's not annoying to have everyone complain ad nauseum and then not even allow for the chance that things might improve. Even in a threat about some potential changes, you immediately have people talking about how they plan on quitting anyway, because everything sucks and is bad. Don't blame me for getting fed up at some point. 

I don't think I'll change anyone's opinions, nor do I plan to. But I am well within my rights to express my frustrations, just as you are in complaining.

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

Yeah. Someone on reddit posted a screenshot of the Feh channel image not loading and got text with 2.11 instead. Another user researched the validity of this finding and found that only the Spanish notification has that text when using inspect. Looks like someone on the European localisation's end messed up

My ingame notification board showed this morning Banner v02011 or something like that, but they’ve fixed it

I guess I'll try to predict how the skill refinery works if it comes. Skills like brazens require you to have two different defiant skills learned at level 2. Same applies for Fortress Def/Res, but good luck getting Fortress Res. Maybe Innes will be demoted in a possible mass demotion. You need to use arena coins and shards/badges to refine new skills

I'm hoping for something on beasts. Even a comment like "next year's RD banner will have beasts" will be something to look forward to.

3 hours ago, TheWill said:

I understand that it's upsetting to see a new (potentially exciting) announcement and be taken aback by general user pessimism and negativity towards Intelligent Systems, but to dismiss these as comments as 'exaggerated flaws' is very narrow-minded. Fire Emblem: Heroes serious lack of content, the developers manhandling of Arena, the continued support for poorly designed or boring modes (Relay Defense, Voting Gauntlet, Tap Battle), character representation across the series and so on are all -- for some people, not necessarily you -- critical flaws that need to be addressed.

But those flaws are not relevant to the topic of an upcoming FEH channel. Only when it's passed can one say it didn't address flaws X, Y and Z. And even then, it's better to offer constructive criticism instead of soapboxing about how you're going to quit.

Although to be honest... this place is easily one of the more forgiving and positive forums in relation to Fire Emblem Heroes. Even the comments complaining prior to yours seem very understandable.

All the more reason to keep it that way.

13 minutes is too short to be anything big. I'm guessing Book 3 isn't until next year. If it's mentioned here then it might just be a trailer with "coming in 2019" to tease it and 2 or 3 smaller immediate updates to talk about. More likely it'll just be those smaller updates and a banner announcement. 

15 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

But those flaws are not relevant to the topic of an upcoming FEH channel. Only when it's passed can one say it didn't address flaws X, Y and Z. And even then, it's better to offer constructive criticism instead of soapboxing about how you're going to quit.

They are relevant to the topic of an upcoming FEH channel, because most players actually hope these issues (especially in regards to lack of content) are fixed with the upcoming FEH channel. Just as they have for what... the past three FEH Channels? 

As for the whole "soapboxing quitting"... As I said, it's unnecessary, but it's absolutely not a big deal. People have legitimate complaints about the game and feel that these issues makes them want to quit. This is becoming a more common opinion and people have every right to express this. 

15 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

All the more reason to keep it that way.

What kind of hivemind logic is this? People shouldn't complain about the state of the game because "negativity"...? Seriously?? 

Hopefully it's Book 3. 13 minutes doesn't seem like enough time to introduce a new book though, and it's more likely that they'll talk about demotions or skill refinery. But hey, who knows, maybe Book 3 will be covered.

Edited by RisingSynth

1 hour ago, Book Bro said:

13 minutes is too short to be anything big. I'm guessing Book 3 isn't until next year. If it's mentioned here then it might just be a trailer with "coming in 2019" to tease it and 2 or 3 smaller immediate updates to talk about. More likely it'll just be those smaller updates and a banner announcement. 

They said it was coming at the end of this year already. Last year when they said that it was end of Nov/early Dec timeframe. It was a 17 minute direct last year when Book 2 was announced and that video also included talking about CYL stuff.

Its not too short to be anything big. Reddit post makes it look like 3.0 is not coming out with the video but it could be where they still talk about Book 3, and 2.11 is a patch to get things ready for the 3.0 update + releasing the next banner. 

Well... the FEH Channel that introduced Book II was on November 14th 2017, and it was a 17 minutes video. Feh spent like 3 minutes talking about the Farfetched Heroes banner, 3 minutes about about the version update (staves boost, countdown trigget reduced, barracks expansion), almost 5 minutes about the Weapon refinery, 1 minute explaning about the legendary hero, and the final 3-4 minutes introducing Book II. It was a "5 orbs" direct, so if the next FEH Channel has "4 orbs", 13 minutes is enough time.

My predictions if it's Book 3:

-Beast units

-PoR banner to introduce beast units (we got an Awakening and Fates banner not too long ago, so I think it would make sense if we got a PoR banner to introduce them since the laguz came first and it would tie into the RD banner in January)

-Tempest Trial

-Mass demotions

-Beast ocs

Edited by Gregster101

I feel like we should focus on Positivity over negativity, because if you only focus on complaining about everything, you're going to get disappointed by everything, that's how it works.

What I'd like to see in the FEH Channel:

- Book 3 preview

- Either a mass demotion or a mass injection

- Skill shop / manuals shop

- Next banner (because it has to be)

What I think we'll see:

- Next banner

- New refines

- Minor QoL upgrades

Accessories shop would be nice :)

1 hour ago, Michelaar said:

I feel like we should focus on Positivity over negativity, because if you only focus on complaining about everything, you're going to get disappointed by everything, that's how it works.

I agree with this for the most part.

Edited by daisy jane

13 minutes sounds about right considering I imagine there are a few things we dont have. For example Book 2's Feh Channel focused on Farfetched Heroes some, but this year we already had our "farfetched heroes" banner, so that is out. Plus I imagine we probably wont get a CYL recap, etc. So 13 minutes doesnt sound wrong at all if some of the extras from last year are cut. That and introducing a new book doesnt take 8 minutes. I would say at most 4 minutes. 2-3 minute trailer, 1 minute worth of actually showing a few maps. That is really all they need.

Im not holding any expectations for this. But considering last year we had skill cooldown reductions, we could be getting a significant gameplay update this year as well. Hopefully Beast Units with this, but that could wait for Anniversary as well, we dont really know. But, I do think now is the best time. Show of beast units, have a beast unit banner sometime this month, then show off Book 3, probably a few Beast OCs too. Thats how I think it might go, if we get beasts.

I also think a peak at the January RD banner is likely. BB is a bit far out, but we could see something, at the very least if they show some of RD's they might mention BB's banner in March, maybe with a namedrop or two.

I would like to see a new game mode, but I am not exactly holding my breath either. I think part of it will be focused on the weapon refines that are incoming, would be nice if that came with some demotions as well, especially since Saber is extremely hard to get atm.

Also a banner reveal of whatever the 9th is. Could be a beast unit banner if they announce that, could be something entirely separate. No way of really knowing.

Edited by Tolvir

Darnit, was really hoping for this to be book 3 and the next banner to be beast units :(

At least give us some 5* demotions then, that'll make summoning and building units more fun and that would already be a huge improvement for me. Especially hoping for Jaffar, so I can +10 him, and Takumi, so Close Counter becomes more available. Swift Sparrow in the 4* pool would be nice too, maybe Katarina since I think she's the oldest unit with that skill?

And if the next banner isn't beast units then I'm hoping for a Louise/Pent/Nils/Rath banner + TT. Though I definitely wouldn't have enough orbs for that heh.

And just something new would be nice, not really looking forward of a whole month of just the same old content again really.