Feh Channel on the 7th 7:30pm PT

Jingle Jangle

3 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

Wow, Japan really didn't like it? Is it because of Aether Raids and all the new currencies it brought in?

I mean, objectively, they spent over half the FEH Channel talking about just the Raids like attacking and defending (which, if you played Fates, is hardly something that needs that much explanation towards) which was pretty underwhelming considering they only talked about 2 things not counting the Book 3 snippet~ I personally don't think they needed to spend that much time on it~

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Except it's not farmable, which is still a problem. The game mode having a stamina bar with no apparent way to restore it at will means this is still time-gated, i.e. waiting rather than playing.

My thoughts exactly. Instead of something to keep us invested, it will just be another thing to do once a day before closing the game. And to touch on your point about even more currencies, they didn't say anything about the purpose of the green divine dew we saw beside the aether stones, though my first guess is that it will probably be needed to upgrade your building above level 1.

5 minutes ago, Florete said:

Askr trio now the only units unable to merge to +10.

I can only hope Book 3 will bring a way to merge them up. 

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

They wanted a lot more, like mass demotions, maybe something about tier 4 skills, basically more content than literally just one new mode and one new feature.

I'd say their expectations were a bit high. I'd expect things like that from update 3.0 and there several hints before the channel that this was 2.11, so expecting massive changes like that is setting yourself up for disappointment. 

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

I'd say their expectations were a bit high. I'd expect things like that from update 3.0 and there several hints before the channel that this was 2.11, so expecting massive changes like that is setting yourself up for disappointment. 

After a whole year of... mostly nothing, it's easy to get impatient I guess.

+10 GHB units is nice, but you still have to spend 200k feathers for it. 

Raids are basically Arena 2.0 that people were discussing in another thread. It looks like it will have the same bonus unit problem as Arena 1.0

Looking at the rewards, it seems the average player might expect something in the order of 50 Grails a week, which means it'll be a fairly hard slog to +10 anyone other than Marthed Mask. Xander, for example, would take 1750 Grails, or 35 weeks worth. Aversa (only F2P-viable +10 flying mage) and Bride Marth (best mergeable axe cavalry) seem the best projects for investment, even though I'm personally a bit eh on their overall presentation.

Aether Raids don't excite me, but credit where it's due, it looks to have some real effort put into its development rather than being some old thing in a new wrapper (like GC, FB and BG). It's good that the rewards are mostly self-contained so there's no huge obligation to do it.

My biggest concern I suppose is that there mightn't be any more new stuff (other than Book 3, but that's just maps) until the 2nd anniversary stuff comes around. That said, that's only three months away ....god, where did the time go?

P.S. 100% expecting Askrian parents have just one month left to live. Will we even see what they look like I wonder?

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

We got Combat Manuals... and then they completely dropped the ball by doing nothing with them.

21 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

unknown.png

Post-stream rating on Niconico. 1 is "Great", and 5 is "Not good at all".

Is it okay if I post the screenshot on reddit

WE GOT SUPER MARIO MAKER KIND OF YES

This new mode looks very fun and my challenge is to make the most obnoxious palace ever. I also dont feel bad for foddering Joshua anymore yey

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

We got Combat Manuals... and then they completely dropped the ball by doing nothing with them.

Yeah, I sincerely hope they expand on those in book 3, maybe kinda like how they held off on the seal refinery for a while after coins were introduced. Otherwise, hey let's take possibly our best idea in the last year and do nothing with it!

Still a bit disappointed that limited units don't have IVs, but at least we're closer.

Edited by bottlegnomes

1 minute ago, Eilanzer said:

looking at people theorycrafting ghb tt already...and oh god

tKwYjzg_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

JESUS save us all ~~~~~~~~/o/

Arden is the one unit I'm really dreading...

All the more reason to build one up.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I guess I can understand people hoping for more after all the questionable moves IS pulled in the past year, though for my part it just made me pretty much apathetic toward this game. Though me now having another gacha experience to compare and contrast Feh with probably helped me develop that apathy.

1 minute ago, Baldrick said:

+10 GHB units is nice, but you still have to spend 200k feathers for it. 

Raids are basically Arena 2.0 that people were discussing in another thread. It looks like it will have the same bonus unit problem as Arena 1.0

Unless they give out grails in events other than Aether Raids, people will probably get 200k feathers way before they get enough grail to +10 a unit.

26 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

unknown.png

Post-stream rating on Niconico. 1 is "Great", and 5 is "Not good at all".

One thing of note is that a rating system like this is going to be skewed unless they also show us the number of people who didn't vote.

People who don't vote typically have either positive or not-horribly-negative opinions, meaning there's actually a lot more people in 2 to 4 range than these results let on, but we'll never know how many unless they show the percentage of viewers that didn't bother to vote.

3 minutes ago, Eilanzer said:

JESUS save us all ~~~~~~~~/o/

Too bad his Res is still kind of bad.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

One thing of note is that a rating system like this is going to be skewed unless they also show us the number of people who didn't vote.

People who don't vote typically have either positive or not-horribly-negative opinions, meaning there's actually a lot more people in 2 to 4 range than these results let on, but we'll never know how many unless they show the percentage of viewers that didn't bother to vote.

True, they're not gonna be perfect. But it did piss enough people off that they feel strong enough negativity to press 5, I guess.

6 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I guess I can understand people hoping for more after all the questionable moves IS pulled in the past year, though for my part it just made me pretty much apathetic toward this game. Though me now having another gacha experience to compare and contrast Feh with probably helped me develop that apathy.

Unless they give out grails in events other than Aether Raids, people will probably get 200k feathers way before they get enough grail to +10 a unit.

True, but there’s lots of things I want to spend feathers on.

1 minute ago, Eilanzer said:

@Ice Dragon with barrier blade + res....at enemy phase he will get to 47 res O_o

i dont want to find something like that in arena Ç_Ç

hell +10 Black knight will be all over arena too Ç_Ç

He only reaches 43 Res and only on his enemy phase.

I can just let Tiki sit there and watch Arden do nothing to her.

2 minutes ago, Eilanzer said:

hell +10 Black knight will be all over arena too Ç_Ç

Black Knight is just an inferior Zelgius and we've had him at +10 for a good time now, just use a PP blue (V!Eliwood with BF if you want to focus on scoring) and kill him in one round.

First of all - 
omg - i can murder my Robins and not feel bad/sad for a bit. 
I can finally have Finn, Joshua and Arden. 

y.a.y. 

What i don't like. 
Aether Keeps is arena to get the GHB/TT. it sucks that you still have to use bonus kills. so it seems for those who suck (raises hand) it's gonna take forever to get lots and lots of grails. but whatever. hopefully i can earn enough to start getting a lot of them. (It would have been interesting to actually have two modes. Silver Variety (for cheaper), or Gold for like 500. +++ this saves on feathers since it's still hard as crap to get feathers. 

bummer that there wasn't anything on skills, demotions or accessories shop. 

Oh god they better not screw up Aether Raids, it's probably the feature I wanted most before this update dropped and I'm so excited for it. If they use the same BST scoring as regular arena I will be so pissed off.

But yeah IMO this update looks great overall. Also Feh is a scrub and should leave the fighting to the summoner. :B):