Questions about how Constitution effects rescues

SMEDIA

Despite playing all three GBA games, I still don’t know if the Speed/Skill penalty from rescuing is worsened by how high the constitution of the rescued unit is. In other words, does rescuing a “light” unit incur a less severe penalty than rescuing a “heavy” unit?

While we’re at it, do Body Rings have only positive effects (no rescuing penalties or making a character unrescuable by more units) or do they have negative effects for rescuing?

4 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Rescuing any unit, regardless of weight, incurs the same penalties, halved speed and skill.

Furthermore, Body Rings can indeed make you unrescuable or reduce mounted aid, just the promotion bonus to constitution does.

Thanks for the answer, but the second part is a little unclear.

• 2 weeks later...

If I remember correctly, I think the rescuing capacity for mounted is the following:

Male mounted units (Allan, Lance, Shin etc) - Rescue Capacity = 25 - Constitution

Female mounted units (Shanna, Clarine etc) - Rescue Capacity = 20 - Constitution

So the constitution can end up being a double-edged sword in this respect, and the mounted unit with the Body Ring may not be able to rescue units s/he could have without the Body Ring. I ended up catching myself off-footed once in Chapter 21 of FE6 as I wanted Douglas MacArthur (who had 17 Constitution) transported quicker, and I brought Milady (Con was around 10?) over. Welp, turned out, the General was too much for Milady.

• 2 weeks later...