New Heroes Appear: Adrift (November 9 ~)

Coolmanio

So that's how they fix Bold Fighter, ey? Another hard-to-get skill on a shiny new unit, punishing fair skills like Quick Riposte, because they already dug themselves way too deep into the ground; all in one neat package. At this point I dont even know what to say. Thankfully, I can wait until the FEH channel before I think about what I should do, but man, can't say this is going anywhere I want it to.

As for the units, I'm not that angry or whatever about another Camilla/Corrin. It's sad that I have become so unmoved by the low number of new characters, but it's just whatever. Mikoto is nice, but beyond that, I just shrug, as with most of the game atm (except for the Gacha, which returned to the "You want stuff? Screw you, lol!" state).

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I'm not even sure what to say at this point.

If the Corrins had been literally anyone else, I think that could have cushioned the Azura and Camilla alt blow. I was pretty excited when I saw Mikoto since I wasn't expecting her to get in. I would have loved to see Scarlett as well. (And Yukimura is the dream, but I know he'll never get in, so I'm fine with that.)  I suppose thematically all of the characters make sense for what the writers probably want to go for... 

But wow. This FEH channel NEEDS to be good now.

What on earth was IS smoking when they came up with idea of a 3 alt banner!?  At least my orbs are safe since I want no one from this banner.  Is there any chance the Azura TT unit is a flying dancer, please?  I am really sad with this and I will be send feedback about this, because this is too much and they should have known this will not go over very well.  

Are they serious? They can't be serious. Are they FREAKING serious. FOUR alts and only one single new character. And it's Fates again. Are. They. Serious. Ya know, I've never really truly hated a banner or any characters added, but this? Screw this SO hard. This is just asinine. And ya know, I'd be totally okay with this banner if they had four new characters to go with Mikoto instead of four alts, even if it is Fates. Shura, Izana, Mozu, Rinkah, Orochi, Hayato, Reina, Scarlet, Yukimura, Nyx, Benny, Charlotte...they had so many choices. This is disgusting.

3 minutes ago, Lord_Grima said:

Sure.

Corrin (F) - Dream Princess [Infantry - Green Dragon]

Reveal hidden contents

Draconic Rage - Accelerates Special Trigger (cooldown count -1).
If the number of allies within 2 spaces (excluding unit) > the number of foes within 2 spaces (excluding target), grants Atk/Spd+5 during combat. [Damage lower of def/res if foe range = 2]

Rally Atk/Spd+ - Grants Atk/Spd+6 to target ally for 1 turn.

Draconic Aura

Atk/Spd Bond 3

Fortify Dragons

Corrin (M) - Dream Prince [Infantry - Blue Dragon]

Reveal hidden contents

Draconic Rage - (Same as Corrin (F))

Dragon Fang

Atk/Def Bond 3

Null Follow-Up 3 - Disables foe's skills that guarantee foe's follow-up attack and foe's skills that prevent unit's follow-up attack.

Hone Dragons

Mikoto - Caring Mother [Infantry - Staff]

Reveal hidden contents

Flash+ - After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts status on target and foes within 2 spaces of target preventing counterattacks through their next actions.

Martyr+

Miracle

Brazen Atk/Res 3

Infantry Rush 3

Camilla - Flower of Fantasy [Flying - Red Tome]

Reveal hidden contents

Book of Dreams - Grants Atk+3. If Unit is adjacent to an ally, inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res -4 on foe during combat.

Draw Back

Atk/Res Bond 3

Atk/Res Link 3

Goad Fliers

Corrin (M)'s Null Follow-up is such a powerful skill. Negates all of the fighter skills, including Wary Fighter!

Ew, as a Roy user I find Null Followup an affront to humanity. Knew a Dragon Protag would be a bad idea one day.

Just a reminder to the rest of you guys, there is still the Feedback thing in-game, so be sure to let them know your thoughts!

Mikoto is pretty. A version of Candlelight in the standard pool is nice.

Both dragons are infantry, which means I don't need to +10 them particularly urgently (well, I already have a full team, so I wouldn't need to pull for them even if they were armor). Null Follow-Up is interesting, though, and finally provides a decent answer for dealing with Bold Fighter and Wary Fighter.

Camilla is cute. Atk/Res Bond is finally in the standard summoning pool, but seeing as it's unlikely she'll be demoted, it doesn't matter to me. Especially because I finally got my Atk/Res Bond for Innes from a spare Halloween Nowi.

The skills are decent, but I'm probably not pulling more than 1 or 2 copies of each of them since they're going to end up in the standard pool anyways. Well, I'll probably pull for one of them if their Arena bonus set isn't to my favor. Mikoto will probably be my target.

Camilla is literally a cash cow. You can't have a special banner without Camilla.

Next up is: Camilla with a MAGA hat, Casual Wear Camilla, Camilla dressed up as a cow, Gender-bent Camilla, Camilla dressed up as one of her retainers (which will be a middle finger to Beruka and Selena/Severa fans), Xmas Camilla (90% Guaranteed for this December), etc. 

I'm surprised Lyn wasn't in this banner. 

Edited by Smog

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Mikoto is pretty. A version of Candlelight in the standard pool is nice.

Woah, hey, she does have Disguised Candlelight, I didn't notice because Null Followup ew. Guess I'll spend my free pull on Grey again...cuz that always works...

Edited by SoulWeaver

Considering we're still missing 15 first gen char and 13 second gen characters from Fates, having a Fates banner with 3 alts and a NPC is really dumb. 

Easy skip for me, which is fine by me since I'll be able to save more orbs for the Tellius banner.

15 minutes ago, Florete said:

Mikoto demotion? She's the only one I'd want so I hope so.

Seeming like her or F!Corrin since M!Corrin has null follow-up which would be insanely generous to drop into the 4* pool immediately.

Well, at least I can stockpile orbs. Mikoto is nice, but everything else is just so eh. At least free dancer, hopefully.

The most positive thing I can say about this banner is that it has equal Birthright/Conquest distribution (Not that it makes up for Conquest's headway in characters, but oh well). And I do like Mikoto for some reason. The rest though..

Dear god so many alts. Camilla was unnecessary, although this may soften the blowback if Takumi ends up with another alt (not that I desire even more of him right now. I just imagine Intsys pulling that and don't want the hate for him). Tge Corrins were definitely getting another alt at some point, as was Azura. The timing though.. is horrible.

I only want to pull for Mikoto, but she might end up demoted anyway, and I don't have any desperate need for another healer..

While the units are unoriginal and lame, damn (M) Corrin is going to be some good fodder. That B Skill is basically IS trying to combat the armor meta hard. Every unit seems decent, and I kinda want a few of them, but I know I won't be summoning beyond my free summon here. IS really backed themselves into a corner here by trying to sure up Dragon emblem with some of the dragon buff skills while insisting upon Fates. This could've legit been a good Binding Blade banner. Picture it, one Fae alt for blue dragon, we then get Idunn as the green dragon, Ellen as staff unit, and Lugh as flying spellcaster. Lalum or Elphin could easily be the TT unit. If they want more alts, easy fix. Make Ellen's spot Clarine's and Lugh's Raigh. No idea for dancers, I suppose Ninian could work with a bit of a stretch. They had other routes they could go with this banner.

Also, did the video feel incredibly clumsy to anyone else? They showed the banners of what game they were from between each unit, THEY'RE ALL FROM THE SAME GAME YOU DON'T NEED TO DO THAT IS! This is a new thing as far as I can remember, and it's holey unnecessary.

16 minutes ago, Florete said:

Mikoto demotion? She's the only one I'd want so I hope so.

I want, but I doubt. But let's hope. Nobody else could really drop (they don't drop alts, so it's Mikoto or nothing), and I dunno if Mikoto really has anything worth keeping at 5-Star (maybe Infantry Rush?).

18 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

She's Azura, he's Azura, you're Azura, I'm Azura!!!...Is there any other Azura I should know about?

Well, there's regular Azura, New Year's Azura, and Performing Arts Azura, and now we're getting F!Corrin Azura, M!Corrin Azura, Mikoto Azura, Camilla Azura, and soon Tempest Trial+ Reward Azura. I think that's all of them, unless you count Shigure as half of an Azura, in which case we have one more Azura since we have two Shigures.

So in total, either 8 or 9 Azuras, depending on whether you count the Shigures as an Azura or not.

Personally, the units interest me. M!Corrin's Null Follow-Up seems like it could be a neat skill, though I dunno who I would use it on myself, Camilla's tome looks like a better version of Loptous (it combat-debuffs all of the stats, doesn't fail against anti-Dragon weapons, and only requires being next to someone, so Camilla can take extra advantage of Bond skills and ally-equipped Spurs), and Mikoto looks like a nice healer (bringing Candlelight+, Brazen ATK/RES and Infantry Rush to the general pool) and I kinda hope she'll fall to 4-Star (with Brazen ATK/RES 3 at 4-Star). F!Corrin also exists.

I don't think I'll bother with this banner though, I'm gonna take whatever I get on the free pull and then save up for whatever comes next instead.

Also, since everyone has 5 skills, either no one's getting demoted (more likely) or they're going to demote a character with 5 skills for the first time (less likely).

I wonder what the inheritance restrictions on Null Follow-Up are.

Also very sad that they didn't translate it consistently with the skill in the main game. The word translated as "null" is the same as the name of the skill "Nihil".

I also think it's kind of bullshit that Null Follow-Up has no HP restriction. There's literally no way to disable the skill. This would be the arrival of the Spd meta if it weren't for the fact that the skill is going to be 5-star locked.

1 minute ago, DarthR0xas said:

Also, did the video feel incredibly clumsy to anyone else? They showed the banners of what game they were from between each unit, THEY'RE ALL FROM THE SAME GAME YOU DON'T NEED TO DO THAT IS! This is a new thing as far as I can remember, and it's holey unnecessary.

Mikoto only has the Birthright logo and Camilla only has the Conquest logo.

8 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Does anyone realize that Camilla now has all the colored tomes?

Bunny!Camilla has Green Tome

Summer!Camilla has Blue Tome

And Azura!Camilla has Red Tome

You can literally create a Camilla team with Bladetome users of each color.

And all of them are flying.

1 minute ago, bottlegnomes said:

Seeming like her or F!Corrin since M!Corrin has null follow-up which would be insanely generous to drop into the 4* pool immediately.

I'm gonna say Mikoto or no one. It seems like a weird banner to not have any demotions but the banner's existence is already baffling enough.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Also, since everyone has 5 skills, either no one's getting demoted (more likely) or they're going to demote a character with 5 skills for the first time (less likely).

Nanna.

10 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Just a reminder to the rest of you guys, there is still the Feedback thing in-game, so be sure to let them know your thoughts!

I know that my Feedback goes straight to the bin, considering they still haven't fixed the description of Ares' weapon in German, even though I've told them twice. So I don't even bother anymore.

What the actual fuck. This sets a new record for most useless New Heroes banner.

Mikoto and Null Follow-Up are nice, but everything else is so bad.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Nanna demoted with 5 skills, which I think is due to being a healer. Ethlin is also available at 4*, due to being a TT unit. But no non-healers have done so.

So Mikoto is a possibility, but who knows. This feels Fallen Heroes-like, so it's entirely possible than none of them will.

3 minutes ago, Florete said:

Nanna.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Nanna demoted with 5 skills, which I think is due to being a healer. Ethlin is also available at 4*, due to being a TT unit. But no non-healers have done so.

Right. Staffies are weird.