New Heroes Appear: Adrift (November 9 ~)

Coolmanio

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Mikoto only has the Birthright logo and Camilla only has the Conquest logo.

They're still from the same game, Fire Emblem Fates. They could just put up one logo for Fates, like they have in literally every other trailer, and make this trailer way better.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great. More Fates alts. WHY CAMILLA AGAIN AGGGHHHHH

The only thing I care about this banner is Mikoto, and even then, not by much. EZ-skip. At least Flash+ is nice fodder for Natasha when she finally gets released, and I don't have to sac a Bride!Lyn for it.

M!Corrin in a dress is pretty cool though. Strange, but cool.

Oh yeah, daylight savings time ended two days ago. This would have appeared an hour later. Why the hell is daylight savings time still a thing?

Still, I would have figured this banner would have been shown off tomorrow as part of the FEH channel, but whatever. Regardless, with the FEH channel being tomorrow and the speculation of stuff like Book 3 and another mass demotion, I could see nobody from the new banner being demoted because of the mass demotion let alone the fact that everyone on the banner has three passives.

Azura as a TT unit and her title has "young" in it. Is she going to be a mini version of Azura? That'd be adorable. Also, a missed change for Arete to be a GHB unit or even on the banner as her pre-brainwashed self. Imagine being able to reunite Arete with Azura and Shigure and also a kid Azura.

3 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I know that my Feedback goes straight to the bin, considering they still haven't fixed the description of Ares' weapon in German, even though I've told them twice. So I don't even bother anymore.

I'm sorry, man. As a devout fan of Legendary Hero Anri and Voting Gauntlet: Elibe's Eight Legends, I too stopped actually trying a while back. I send one in from time to time, but...

A banner with Corrins number 5 and 6, and a 5th Camilla... all three just wearing Azura's garb.  At least we finally have Mikoto... who's not even in her original outfit?

Going off the skills, none of them are even that interesting, other than M!Corrin's B Skill, especially since my Micaiah was using a follow up skill, which ruins my Sacrifice strategy.

This looks like a banner that's scrapping the bottom of the barrel, which makes it really stupid that FE6 has to wait 2 years to even get its first banner, and Radiant Dawn getting its second banner near the 2 year make as well.  Totally more important to shove Camilla into another banner she doesn't really fit into.  Probably the most skippable banner, with the previous banners we just got and the FE6 and FE10 banners that we know that are coming.

At least Azura's going to be free.

6 minutes ago, Florete said:

I'm gonna say Mikoto or no one. It seems like a weird banner to not have any demotions but the banner's existence is already baffling enough.

Yeah, upon thinking about it more, Mikoto definitely or no one. Corrin has that sexy dual rally+, and as people have said, staffies have been available at 4* with 5 skills, and on top of that, staffie without wrathful or dazzling staff already. On the upside of all this nonsense, at least maybe brazen attack/res, candlelight, and infantry rush in the 4* pool ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hmm... this banner is looking to be a pass for me. I'd probably just pull red and colorless for first session.

Null Follow-ups is interesting at first glance but all it really does is turn an encounter into a basic Spd check. It's basically IS's attempt at making the Speed stat great again thanks to all of the BS from stuff like Quick Riposte and weaponbreakers to Bold Fighter and Vengeful Fighter.

None of the banner units really brought anything that overly changes the game in a significant and meaningful way. Maybe Flash+ is obnoxious to fight against but it's basically a non-seasonal reskin of Candlelight+, which have been in the game for about a year now and it isn't anymore obnoxious compared to Gravity+, Pain+, or Veronica's prf staff.

Probably the most interesting part of the update is Azura being a TT reward unit. As a dancer, she doesn't really need merges which is great as she wouldn't be burdened by being IV-locked and merge-locked unless she's somebody's waifu or something. Also, it's refreshing to see a new F2P dancer.

I'm having a hard time seeing ANY of the units being demoted since every banner unit has 5 skillslots filled by default. It's a safe guess for me to say that none of the units would be demoted and would remain 5*-locked.

I actually really like this banner. The art is all lovely, and m!Corrin finally has a dragonstone. Even though Radiant Dawn is my favorite game, I don't actually mind that this banner came first. After all, the main characters I wanted are already in (Micaiah/Sothe). Also, it's great now that we finally have permanent pool Candlelight as well as a new way to fight Fighter skills. 

6 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

They're still from the same game, Fire Emblem Fates. They could just put up one logo for Fates, like they have in literally every other trailer, and make this trailer way better.

Nohrian Dusk only had Conquest characters and only needed the Conquest logo.

Wings of Fate was weird and didn't have any logos.

Children of Fate had logos in front of every character except Rhajat, who wasn't on the banner itself: Conquest for Soleil, Birthright for Shiro, and Conquest again for Siegbert.

Seasonal banners don't use logos at all.

I feel as tho the idea of the banner is supposed to be Vallite theme, and by extension servants to Anankos, given the eerie manner of speech from both Corrins, along with Mikoto accompanying them. With that in mind, a more appropriate candidate would have been either Arete or Sumeragi; maybe even Lilith if they wanted, instead of the odd one Camilla here who seemingly gets thrown in just because. Using Azura's clothes as a base is.... interesting(?), yet somewhat(?) understandable if only cause the nation never had any other visible aesthetic before. I still want Mikoto tho 

Also that Null Follow-up pretty much renders Binding Shield usesless. Sounds like trouble, if his Spd aint nothing to scoff at

Edited by Motendra

Ugh! IS what are you doing?!?! Like ok unlike most here I'm not too upset about the many alts on this banner cause I've personally been wanting a revelations banner for some time now and the corrins look great and so does mikoto but by naga why is Camilla here?! Like there's no thematic reason for her to be ON this banner at all. I mean it's one thing that it's another fates banner after we just got one literally a month ago(I know it's november) and I'm willing to forgive that cause we're getting something pretty cool with the corrin's dressed up as Vallite royals which I like but really another Camilla. I don't hate camilla or fates it's just putting Camilla here just feels exploitative. Honestly I wouldn't be so mad about this if A. there was some way she could fit thematically or B. Hinoka was on this banner as well cause at least then it would make some semblance of thematic sense.

30 minutes ago, Smog said:

Next up is: Camilla with a MAGA hat, Casual Wear Camilla, Camilla dressed up as a cow, Gender-bent Camilla, Camilla dressed up as one of her retainers (which will be a middle finger to Beruka and Selena/Severa fans), Xmas Camilla (90% Guaranteed for this December), etc. 

*sigh* gotta sell those orbs somehow and as a Severa fan myself I can safely say you're right.

16 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

At least there's a silver lining to this. This means it'll likely not be in tomorrow's Feh Channel.

Imagine how much more disappointing it would have been had they wasted time on this.

My thoughts exactly.  More time to hopefully show-off new content.  As much as Fates is over-represented, there are still so many solid picks to chose from.  Easily one of the most disappointing banners they've ever released.  

I will say though, they chose one of the best Fates tracks to go with it.  I'll be turning my volume up playing through the paralogue.   

10 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

None of the banner units really brought anything that overly changes the game in a significant and meaningful way. Maybe Flash+ is obnoxious to fight against but it's basically a non-seasonal reskin of Candlelight+, which have been in the game for about a year now and it isn't anymore obnoxious compared to Gravity+, Pain+, or Veronica's prf staff.

I can definitely see more plentiful candlelight being useful for AA teams. It's not going to shake things up, but being able to get a few units that can completely nullify enemy counters would be nice for certain situations where you may have used all of your hard counters already. Then again, maybe that's just me because I'm too lazy to actually bother investing in enough hard counters for AA.

-Makes the majority of the banner alts of previously introduced characters

-Adds a fifth variation to a character that's already controversial. 

-Does another Fates banner even though other games like Binding Blade and Shadows of Valentia have been waiting for over a year.

Yeah, I'm not surprised that this is getting so much vitriol, you might as well have plastered 'this is every trend you hated' on this banner and it would've fit perfectly. For me, the only thing I kind of like are the designs, otherwise it's a complete pass. 

18 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I'm having a hard time seeing ANY of the units being demoted since every banner unit has 5 skillslots filled by default. It's a safe guess for me to say that none of the units would be demoted and would remain 5*-locked.

Nana got demoted with 5 skills, so it appears that IS is willing to make an exception for staff units, probably because staff units not having any level three skills unlocked at level 40 makes colorless painfull to pull in. (i should know given that i have just spent the last month trying to pull a H! mia. Coincidently, this means that I am free to save my orbs up, having depleated all posible sources.) Also, i suspect they will demote mikoto, because normal pool versions of special weapons tend to be end up avalible at lower rarities.

4 minutes ago, Medeus said:

-Makes the majority of the banner alts of previously introduced characters

-Adds a fifth variation to a character that's already controversial. 

-Does another Fates banner even though other games like Binding Blade and Shadows of Valentia have been waiting for over a year.

Yeah, I'm not surprised that this is getting so much vitriol, you might as well have plastered 'this is every trend you hated' on this banner and it would've fit perfectly. For me, the only thing I kind of like are the designs, otherwise it's a complete pass. 

Also, i suspect that IS realised tht this banner was not going to go over well but it was too late to change anything, which is why they let everyone know that unit from less repersented gamess were coming.

Edited by sirmola

I wish we got Arete instead of Camilla. Nothing against Cam at all, I like her even, but cmon IS. Perfect timing for Arete.

Gonna try pulling for FCorn. She has great art and Satou Satomi. I hope she drops, but Mikoto is probably dropping.

I just realized that Levn would love to have Null Follow-Up. Corrin might want to keep an eye out in the shadows and winding corridors...

Assuming ranged units can learn it.

Also, Null Follow-Up = NFU = No, fuck you.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Florete said:

I know everyone hates the banner but the art is pretty nice. Imo this is the best-looking FCorrin and Camilla yet.

I think the same honestly. But sadly this banner is just a perfect storm of all the most disliked trends regarding banners.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I wish we got Arete instead of Camilla. Nothing against Cam at all, I like her even, but cmon IS. Perfect timing for Arete.

Gonna try pulling for FCorn. She has great art and Satou Satomi. I hope she drops, but Mikoto is probably dropping.

Pretty much my thoughts on who should of had Camilla's spot.  With the Corrin's dressed up as Azura, Mikoto being on the banner, and Azura being a TT unit, Arete would be perfect for the banner.