New Heroes Appear: Adrift (November 9 ~)

Coolmanio

4 minutes ago, Florete said:

I know everyone hates the banner but the art is pretty nice. Imo this is the best-looking FCorrin and Camilla yet.

This, Summer Corrin is disgusting, and all Camilla's except vanilla are boobs thrown at you. I find these ones pretty.

MCorrin on the other hand

( ͡ಠ ʖ̯ ͡ಠ)

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Mikoto, with a staff? Not a bow like she always has on her model, but a staff? 

Also 3/4 alts on a normal banner + another alt on the TT... sweet Naga.

that's the thing that caught me.
She should have a bow. She had Mikoto's Bow in the game like she was Priestess class - give the woman a bow. 

anyway. I'd want Camilla (i love flying mages) - but #LegendaryOnly. 
But SQUEE for a free Azura!. 
(i would die of happy if she were flying)

1 minute ago, Florete said:

I know everyone hates the banner but the art is pretty nice. Imo this is the best-looking FCorrin and Camilla yet.

Eh, I don't really mind it tbh. I always figured Corrin was bound to get an alt at some point; just surprised to see that it's like this and not with Blazing/Shadow Yatos. 

Like @SatsumaFSoysoy and  were saying, the only grievance I could have is the missed opportunity

Everyone hating on another Camilla, but I'm ready to pull. Legendary, Christmas, and CYL Camillas soon, right IS?

Only disappointment is seeing Mikoto but no Arete to match her. They were both non-playables I wanted to see get in.

On one hand, this is the last banner I'm pulling all four on for completion (New Power featuring Saber is next) and of course it's four Fates heroes. Very high risk of being a no-drop.

On the other hand, this is some of the best art I've seen, and Mikoto brings three formerly seasonal skills into the permanent pool (Candlelight as Flash, Brazen Atk/Res, Infantry Rush).

People complaining about more Fates in general, just because Intsys is unwilling to add the right units. We are still missing some key members of the Birthright cast, like Rinkah, Orochi and Scarlet that would have looked great on a banner. But now even if they are added somewhere down the line, people will just complain about more Fates, because they've been drowned in a bunch of unnecessary alts before that. ugh

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Everyone hating on another Camilla, but I'm ready to pull. Legendary, Christmas, and CYL Camillas soon, right IS?

Only disappointment is seeing Mikoto but no Arete to match her. They were both non-playables I wanted to see get in.

I've been meaning to say this for a while now, but I just wanna say that you devotion to Camilla despite everything thrown at her at ever turn is honestly really admirable. Kudos to you, good sir

17 minutes ago, Motendra said:

I feel as tho the idea of the banner is supposed to be Vallite theme, and by extension servants to Anankos, given the eerie manner of speech from both Corrins, along with Mikoto accompanying them. With that in mind, a more appropriate candidate would have been either Arete or Sumeragi; maybe even Lilith if they wanted, instead of the odd one Camilla here who seemingly gets thrown in just because. Using Azura's clothes as a base is.... interesting(?), yet somewhat(?) understandable if only cause the nation never had any other visible aesthetic before. I still want Mikoto tho 

Also that Null Follow-up pretty much renders Binding Shield usesless. Sounds like trouble, if his Spd aint nothing to scoff at

yeah and I think the theme here is really cool cause the way they speak is very monotone and trance like as if they're hypnotized or something and I really like that but then you have camilla there for no real reason other than to sell orbs like come on why couldn't we have gotten like arete, or lilith or hell I would've even taken anthony! cause at least THAT would've fit with the theme.

So Mikoto finally got in... Too bad Loki and Veronica basically outclass her in my party... It would've been nice if she came with wrathful staff, too... I mean, healer makes sense considering her personality, but she was only ever seen attacking in her home game... Fact, she could've had a new bow that healed... I'll be summoning her for the novelty, but that's about it... Also, pity Arete didn't make it in, but I'm not sure what that would do with her, considering she doesn't have much of a personality in her own game other than when she's being mind controlled...

I seriously can't tell if this banner is the product of a hidden self-sabotage fetish that IS should really get checked out or a white flag from IS, who are readily aware that they're probably going to lose a sizable amount of player traffic and just general interest in the game once Smash Ultimate arrives and aren't even going to try and fight it.

Regardless, I see this banner as conclusive proof that IS doesn't give the slightest shit about giving the less popular games their due and never has.

Edited by Tybrosion

Doorway Destiny, Nohrian Dusk, Muspell Generals.  Three new hero banners in a row without any alts, I thought it may be start of a trend.  I guess they are trying to make up for lost time, uh lost alts.  This is the worst banner in the history of the game, I would say in my opinion, but it goes beyond alts.  Let's start with that though.

ALTS

3 of the 4 units are alts

We are getting our 5th version of Camilla

We are getting our 5th and 6th Corrin.  Or our 3rd Female and 3rd Male Corrin.  

GAME REPRESENTED

Is Fates, who just had a new heroes banner.  Not counting Brave Heroes redux which is essentially Farfetched 2 based on our votes, Muspell generals was before that and then Nohrian Dusk (Fates).  In addition Fates is the most represented game in Heroes already, that lead will only widen further.  

UNDERWHELMING UNITS AND SKILLS

Now forget the faces, the game, alts whatever.  These units don't have much draw power.  We get another blue infantry and green infantry dragon which their are already numerous choices including cheap options like Nowi and Fae.  They seem especially underwhelming since we've been getting flying and armor dragons recently.  Fortify dragons is on a free unit already.  I will admit the new skill that cancels out follow up skills is welcome and attractive, that is about it though in terms of skills.  Then we get an infantry healer, there are a ton of those btw, without dazzling or wrath skill, without a PRF staff.  Horse healers are much better, and flier healers even moreso.  Mia is still on Halloween banner, and Loki is still there too both much better choices.  Finally we have a red tome flier!  Nice, but we just got Aversa for free and Summer Tana is there on the Eirika banner with her killer stat spread.   

In the words of comic book guy.  "Worst banner ever!"

I feel bad for Mikoto who is a lovely character and a nice addition being another woman over 30 (over 40 even maybe?).  Anyways...boo (in Myrrh).

14 minutes ago, Motendra said:

I've been meaning to say this for a while now, but I just wanna say that you devotion to Camilla despite everything thrown at her at ever turn is honestly really admirable. Kudos to you, good sir

I'm surprised I got positive replies from that post, thank you.  I like who I like and no amount of shitflinging over alts will change that. As much as I agree to spacing things out so everyone can get stuff they want, I'm not going to turn down more of favorites if that's what IS is going to do. Unlike most of the forum, I just happen to be in the group IS seems to be catering to often.

At least the shitstorm's not as bad as the one Lyn fans had to weather before, since this isn't a legendary alt.

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

This one has really cute, fluffy hair.

Indeed, I really like the art on this one. The white wyvern is pretty cool too.

Edited by Alkaid

Welp, IS is doing the Fates love again.

At least it's nice to know that Marisha Ray can still do FE lines while fist-fighting snake people in D&D. :P That said, not necessarily interested in the banner though I'm glad to hear the music.

This entire banner is off, and no this isn't another post bitching about this banner, It seems like every character here is possessed and and unlike the fallen hero banner where their is actual precedent for that in canon we have never seen something like this before, I wonder if this has to do with a new mode or story beat or something

1 minute ago, Mackc2 said:

This entire banner is off, and no this isn't another post bitching about this banner, It seems like every character here is possessed and and unlike the fallen hero banner where their is actual precedent for that in canon we have never seen something like this before, I wonder if this has to do with a new mode or story beat or something

probably and that really intrigues probably my favorite part about this banner honestly

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I'm surprised I got positive replies from that post, thank you.  I like who I like and no amount of shitflinging over alts will change that. As much as I agree to spacing things out so everyone can get stuff they want, I'm not going to turn down more of favorites if that's what IS is going to do.

At least the shitstorm's not as bad as the one Lyn fans had to weather before, since this isn't a legendary alt.

Indeed, I really like the art on this one. The white wyvern is pretty cool too.

I think it's more your vocality about it, it makes people go dang, that guy ain't afraid of no one on here. I like Camilla too, and I don't really care about her getting more alts, I just prefer to stay quiet about it because I've been blasted elsewhere for not hating her fanservice guts.

Well, after getting over those Spongebob vibes I can talk about this banner seriously.

For starters it is alt land, which I don't really mind because I'm pro-alt despite the hate they get but IS really went overboard with this one. Every single unit is an alt (even Mikoto because that's not her original class so she's in the same position as Inigo/Charlotte). 

Then the units, each one has at least 1 good skill for fodder with Azura!M!Corrin having the most interesting one because it kills QR/Bold Fighter/Vengeful Fighter/etc. Azura!Mikoto has the worst skillset but the Candlelight effect is very powerful making her very valuable even if she's not at the same level as the other 3. 

And last, but not least the art. Everyone here has very good art (although I don't really like Azura!Mikoto's that much) which makes the banner quite appealing if you like good looking units. 

So...I'll see if I can get Azura!F!Corrin with my free summon but I won't pull for this banner, after all I only have ~2 months to save orbs for L!Eirika's return and get a trillion of L!Ikes..

7 minutes ago, Florete said:

Candlelight? Are you sure? I don't see or hear about that one much.

Probably because it's a seasonal-exclusive weapon and the AI isn't particularly good at making use of it.

It's an absolutely brutal support weapon for a team of fast, but squishy, units in the player's hands, though, speaking from my own experience fielding Legendary Lucina and Legendary Lyn in the armor-infested high Arena.

Edited by Ice Dragon

IS: A lot of work goes into making new heroes. That's why Binding Blade doesn't get any banners for nearly two years. Also, Thracia needs more alts. Let's add masked Marth. Oo, and another Reinhardt alt.

Yeah. This was damage control as well as hilarious. Welp, RIP CYL Camilla.

I'm not the biggest fan of this banner is putting it mildly. Funnily enough they had 4 Fates banners in the span of 1 year. Meanwhile, Thracia, RD, PoR and Binding Blade cry in a corner