New Heroes Appear: Adrift (November 9 ~)

Coolmanio

2 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

I think it's more your vocality about it, it makes people go dang, that guy ain't afraid of no one on here. I like Camilla too, and I don't really care about her getting more alts, I just prefer to stay quiet about it because I've been blasted elsewhere for not hating her fanservice guts.

So have I, but if anyone's going to shit on people for the characters they like they're the ones with the problem anyway. Can't let that get to you.

I like Peri too and hope she gets an alt some day, and you can imagine how well that would go over with most in the community.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Female Corrin has Rally Atk/Spd+.

Male Corrin has Null Follow-Up.

Mikoto has a non-seasonal version of Candlelight+.

These are all top-tier skills.

Rally Atk/Spd+ is a top tier whale skill.  People not in tier 21 are going to use a much more practical movement skill most likely.  

Null follow up is also a whale skill.  When you face almost all armors this is finally a good answer to bold fighter.

I have bride lyn and yes candlelight+ is pretty good, getting to safely attack enemies.  However do you really think this is going to draw a bunch of people?  Many can do great with pain+ or gravity.  Even though candlelight allows some different shenanigans, I don't think it will be a huge draw.

I guess whales run the economy so if they spend a ton to put null follow up on units and put rally atk/spd on anything I guess it could be profitable still.  However since tier 21 is only like the top 1% or whatever, I think most people aren't going to be wowed by the skills here.

Oh yeah another thing in general.  Remember with the "Thracia is coming!" I think right after that we got the Morgans/Horse Chrom banner.  Maybe we got the BB/RD announcement so early so the backlash wouldn't be so bad for this alt heavy Fates banner.  

13 minutes ago, Florete said:

Candlelight? Are you sure? I don't see or hear about that one much.

It turns your entire team to Firesweep Attackers.
That can go snowball very fast if you PC your units.

AI does nothing with it though.

So it's FE: Revelation (for the most part) on this one. 

But boy, that notification on the FE10/FE6 banners certainly makes more sense in hindsight. It really was the Awakening/Thracia banner deal again.

Anyway, on my part, I'm not one to be bothered by the when/what/who regarding banners, so I'll just oogle the pretty art (Because damn that's some really nice art - can't wait to see what Azura looks like) and throw my orbs at it once it hits, because wouldn't you know it, I like all of these characters and the trippy theme of "Dreams in Valla" (the concept has "Elysium" written all over it). Also Valla. I have soft spot for that underdeveloped place so the theme ticks two boxes. That said, I'll posit that Arete would've made for a better fit for the theme than Camilla, because while I do love Camilla - seriously, poor Arete you know?

Anyway it's an obvious Book 3 set-up with this Paralogue/Xenologue (whatever they'll call it) - considering Loki is looking for like-minded Dragons to manipulate play with for her own gain (as she hinted she would at he Hoshidan Festival), her saying hi to Anankos is not surprising. Hey if it means we'll see more big bads showing up in Book 3 then I'll look forward to it.

24 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Everyone hating on another Camilla, but I'm ready to pull. Legendary, Christmas, and CYL Camillas soon, right IS?

Only disappointment is seeing Mikoto but no Arete to match her. They were both non-playables I wanted to see get in.

Heh, you and me both then. I won't lie and say I'd preferred Arete to be on this banner, but I'm still pulling - it's still Camilla after all. I just wonder how funny it's going to be to have her say a trippy "Sweet Dreams" when wiping things off maps. Bunches I'll bet.

2 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

This entire banner is off, and no this isn't another post bitching about this banner, It seems like every character here is possessed and and unlike the fallen hero banner where their is actual precedent for that in canon we have never seen something like this before, I wonder if this has to do with a new mode or story beat or something

It's to my belief that supplementary media can add substance to untapped concepts, potential and/or ideas that honestly would really be cool had they been actualized in the home game somehow. That it's not canon shouldn't be a reason to discount it imo. A lot of examples can be found via FE Cipher, though my favorite one is Risen King Chrom

1 minute ago, Lewyn said:

I have bride lyn and yes candlelight+ is pretty good, getting to safely attack enemies.  However do you really think this is going to draw a bunch of people?  Many can do great with pain+ or gravity.  Even though candlelight allows some different shenanigans, I don't think it will be a huge draw.

I mean, Candlelight's been on the top of my list of Staves to get for my Uber Combat Sakura, so...I think anyone trying to make a power Staff would say yeah, they'll go for this.

1 hour ago, Smog said:

Gender-bent Camilla

Oh man I actually want to see this. Like...what would he even look like? What sort of direction would they take with the design? At least the name is easy. He could be Camillo.

As for the rest, I thought F!Corrin was being Azura while M!Corrin was being Shigure. 'Course I'm not as familiar with the characters since I've never played Fates. That said, I actually kind of like this banner. Part of the minority, it looks like... I think it's pretty. I like the music, the outfits are all pretty, and it's nice to see Camilla covering up more than usual. Just because you have large breasts doesn't mean you can't cover them (even though she still shows a bit near her arms.) I think she looks a lot classier than usual here, and that makes me respect the designers for her/other large-chested women more. M!Corrin's robe is so flowy, too. I want him...but I already have M!Kana as my main blue dragon. Why do I like so many blue dragons? x_x I want more balance to the colors in the designs/characters I like... Also, Camilla's wyvern is very pretty. Like...glowy or something. I'm happy about Corrin's new skill, too. :)

If these characters (who actually look like seasonals to me, even more so than the Performing Arts ones) are going into the regular summoning pool, I'll continue to save my orbs, though. Seasonals are only available for a short time, but these guys will have a lot of chances to be summoned, being in the regular pool.

...They are going into the regular pool, right?

7 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I like Peri too and hope she gets an alt some day, and you can imagine how well that would go over with most in the community.

I will +10 a Peri alt as fast as my wallet will let me.

3 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

...They are going into the regular pool, right?

Yes.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Does... does anyone like this banner at all? I'm partial to it...

Draconic Rage looks okay. slap Moonbow/Glimmer and Distant Counter on one of those two, and you'll be popping powerful strikes every turn.

Rally Atk/Spd+ is insane. Basically a Hone Movement buff on literally any unit so long as you put it on someone willing to give up their turn. Corrin herself looks to have some pretty raw power and speed, so long as they don't both her like they did her base form.

Corrin... um... no, please put on something a little more masculine. Don't care what, anything is fine, just take off Azura's dress please, it looks so wrong. But on the bright side, we finally have a skill that will directly counter Armor units! Otherwise he looks to be powerful and bulky.

Camilla... I dunno, she looks to focus on Attack and Res mostly, but I don't know if Book of Dreams is gonna be all that great. It'd be nice to have to ensure the enemy is slow and weak enough for her to attack safely, and Flier specific passives may help meet the conditions, but... I dunno, it doesn't feel like it'll be that game-changing...

Mikoto introduced 3 Seasonal-exclusive skills to the regular summoning pool in one go, which is insane. She herself may be someone to look out for, depending on just how much Attack she has to work with. A small shame she doesn't come with Wrathful or Dazzling Staff like Lyn does, but... well, whatever, she should do fine.

Azura I wonder about... is she going to be a free dancer for everyone, or will she try to emulate one of the Corrins or even Arete and lose Dancer status finally?

Edited by Xenomata

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Female Corrin has Rally Atk/Spd+.

Male Corrin has Null Follow-Up.

Mikoto has a non-seasonal version of Candlelight+.

These are all top-tier skills.

meh in the age of cheerleading, Null Follow up isnt that hot unless it were a sacred seal and for PVE its not needed. The skill comes too late to matter. It sure has its uses but the Meta wont shift much. Its a desperate attempt of them to make SPD matter again in the land of waves of Armorers where noone gives a damm about spd because you have to cheerlead anyway.

If cheerleading wasnt a thing i would totally agree that the skill would be the right answer to the current meta.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I would have loved to get Mikoto BUT WHY THE FUCK IS SHE COSPLAYING AZURA

Same reason everyone on the Fallen Heroes banner glows purple.

2 minutes ago, Hilda said:

meh in the age of cheerleading, Null Follow up isnt that hot unless it were a sacred seal and for PVE its not needed. The skill comes too late to matter. It sure has its uses but the Meta wont shift much. Its a desperate attempt of them to make SPD matter again in the land of waves of Armorers where noone gives a damm about spd because you have to cheerlead anyway.

If cheerleading wasnt a thing i would totally agree that the skill would be the right answer to the current meta.

You're completely ignoring the fact that Arena defense teams exist and don't care about cheerleading their team. The point of an Arena defense team is to be a dick, and this is a very good skill for being a dick.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Hmm... Can't help but wonder who Azura's going to be dressed up as. I can't see base Azura being the TT reward...unless she is? Hmm... Will she be...wearing some sort of combination of the Corrins', Camilla's, and Mikoto's regular outfits? I'm curious.

2 minutes ago, Tactician_Iris said:

Heh, you and me both then. I won't lie and say I'd preferred Arete to be on this banner, but I'm still pulling - it's still Camilla after all. I just wonder how funny it's going to be to have her say a trippy "Sweet Dreams" when wiping things off maps. Bunches I'll bet.

I was hoping Arete would get in as a GHB some day, so since Aversa made it in that way at least she still has some hope. This would be a pretty good set of characters to include her with, though, so I hope IS doesn't just forget her if she's not here now. It's going to be weird having one Camilla with a white wyvern as well, but at least it matches her nice dress. I thought she had some Nifl-inspired thing going on at first.

I like this banner just for the gorgeous art. F!Corrin is a total babe. <3 Not sure how useful she'll be as a unit though, I think she'll have Attack and Speed stacked with mediocre defenses, in which case she just seems like she'll be a crappier Ishtar.

This thread and the Reddit page of people sending e-mails to IS could give r/gamingcirclejerk a plentiful amount of content. Maybe it's because my attitude with the game is me pretty much saying; "whatever man". I like Fates and I like the art, I'm happy.

4 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Hmm... Can't help but wonder who Azura's going to be dressed up as. I can't see base Azura being the TT reward...unless she is? Hmm... Will she be...wearing some sort of combination of the Corrins', Camilla's, and Mikoto's regular outfits? I'm curious.

If her title is anything to go by it may be a loli Azura. Then again I don't know her title in Japanese so maybe she'll be something different.

I’m not even mad or angry.
I don’t have any emotions about this banner at all.
Except maybe WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY ALL COSPLAYING AZURA

I would have loved to have Mikoto but come on, she’s already had a perfect outfit.

This is the most disappointing banner this game has ever had. Two Morgans + unnecessary Chrom now moved to #2.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Okay, why the fuck are they all cosplaying Azura?

I would have loved to get Mikoto BUT WHY THE FUCK IS SHE COSPLAYING AZURA

"BECAUSE ANANKOS WILLS IT" probably. At least that's what Garon keeps telling us I hear.

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I was hoping Arete would get in as a GHB some day, so since Aversa made it in that way at least she still has some hope. This would be a pretty good set of characters to include her with, though, so I hope IS doesn't just forget her if she's not here now. It's going to be weird having one Camilla with a white wyvern as well, but at least it matches her nice dress. I thought she had some Nifl-inspired thing going on at first.

Yeah, she makes sense as a GHB. I could also see (in the far future) her showing up if/whenever Anankos and Sumeragi does.

My first thought was "Oh hey a ghost wyvern. Cool." I think the white wyvern adds an extra touch to the sort of eerie theme they seem to be going for it's sort of pretty on it's own even.

3 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

If her title is anything to go by it may be a loli Azura. Then again I don't know her title in Japanese so maybe she'll be something different.

"幼き歌姫" (osanaki utahime), "Young Songstress". So probably a tiny Azura.

IS has 9000 IQ to make that FE6 and FE10 banner announcement with everything they said about effort and such. And then announce this banner.

I feel like there's a trend going in gaming. Blizzard, then IS

6 minutes ago, Tactician_Iris said:

Yeah, she makes sense as a GHB. I could also see (in the far future) her showing up if/whenever Anankos and Sumeragi does.

My first thought was "Oh hey a ghost wyvern. Cool." I think the white wyvern adds an extra touch to the sort of eerie theme they seem to be going for it's sort of pretty on it's own even.

The theme on this one is weird. I guess it's like they've been lost into Valla (who Azura represents outfit-wise) or something?

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

"幼き歌姫" (osanaki utahime), "Young Songstress". So probably a tiny Azura.

I wonder where this is coming from with her. If we ever got a young version of a character I would have expected somebody like Celica that had their child self appear in their game.