New Heroes Appear: Adrift (November 9 ~)

Coolmanio

That's a lot of alts. I don't mind alts but they went just a bit too far with this one. Aside from that the girls are really pretty and I'm a sucker for gorgeous art. I've wanted Mikoto to somehow end up in the game since the beginning and now she's here. It always bugged me that a gorgeous design was designated to the "I love peace. Kill me." role. Camilla doesn't fit but idc, Camilla somehow looks good in just about anything. 

As much as I love Camilla and the art, I've got to pass on this banner. I'll try to pick them up when they appear again. At least a free dancer :D I love dancers.

Edited by ChickenBits

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Because IS forgot April Fool’s was seven months ago.

Nah, I got another theory.

They saw all the unnecessary vitriol last week's Smash Direct caused and told Sakurai and his crew: "Hold my beer. You guys haven't seen anything yet compared to what we're about to reveal."

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Because IS forgot April Fool’s was seven months ago.

It's no surprise they forgot since it's not really a thing in Japan.

6 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

IS has 9000 IQ to make that FE6 and FE10 banner announcement with everything they said about effort and such. And then announce this banner.

Not over 9000. Does not impress.

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

They saw all the unnecessary vitriol last week's Smash Direct caused and told Sakurai and his crew: "Hold my beer. You guys haven't seen anything yet compared to what we're about to reveal."

Sakurai just told people to knock it off about requesting more characters since the DLC ones are already locked in. Now IS is telling people to get out until January/March if they want non-3DS banners, I guess.  (and that the alt train will never end)

Edited by Alkaid

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I’m struggling to find any emotions at all.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's no surprise they forgot since it's not really a thing in Japan.

I didn’t really ask for you to be condescending but thanks for the effort regardless.

Is this....a joke?

Alts is one things but....everyone dressed as Azura? Seriously? Even Mikoto in her first appearance?

I'm actually 50% sure it actually is a joke, cause this is beyond ridiculous and it's really weird they're showing this trailer now while there's a FEH channel happening later today/tomorrow.

Mikoto's attack art is pretty though so I'd like to have her but ain't spending orbs on another healer. Hoping she gets a demote. If this actually is real.

3k dislikes against 2,4k likes right now, damn.

5 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

The theme on this one is weird. I guess it's like they've been lost into Valla (who Azura represents outfit-wise) or something?

I was thinking it's a version of Valla where Anankos won akin to Heirs of Fate's premise. With Loki looking for him it fits in a sense - it would be hard for her to find a Silent Dragon in a realm when he's already dead. The young Azura is still odd even in that context though. Guess we'll see how the mystery will unfold soon.

4 minutes ago, Mau said:

3k dislikes against 2,4k likes right now, damn.

Well 5th Lyn and 5th Lucina got a lot of dislikes so it isn't surprising 5th Camilla would as well.  However I think it is likely more a general dissatisfaction with the units as a whole rather than just Camilla.

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Sakurai just told people to knock it off about requesting more characters since the DLC ones are already locked in. Now IS is telling people to get out until January/March if they want non-3DS banners, I guess.  (and that the alt train will never end)

Yeah except there's a good chance those people aren't even going to come back at all if IS keeps this up. In other words, that channel tomorrow better be good for IS's sake.

7 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Mikoto being introduced with an "alt" outfit didn't even phase me. I'm far too used to IS just doing random shit sometimes by this point.

I honestly and sincerely wanted Mikoto to make it into the game. Naga knows she needs characterisation no less than Grima did. And yet when we got this, I don’t even have any emothions about it. Maybe faint disappointment? I just can’t care.

4 minutes ago, Tactician_Iris said:

I was thinking it's a version of Valla where Anankos won akin to Heirs of Fate's premise. With Loki looking for him it fits in a sense - it would be hard for her to find a Silent Dragon in a realm when he's already dead. The young Azura is still odd even in that context though. Guess we'll see how the mystery will unfold soon.

That's honestly pretty cool if so. Valla was pretty neglected in Fates so it's cool if they're doing something revolving around it here.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah except there's a good chance those people aren't even going to come back at all if IS keeps this up. In other words, that channel tomorrow better be good for IS's sake.

I guess we'll see. I'd expect IS has numbers to know whether they should keep pushing with alts or not, so maybe plenty of whales are just fine whaling for the latest waifu alts, even if a bunch of other people are upset by it. Either way, they might also just have a ton of alts in the pipeline made forever ago that they don't want to waste, so any turn away from alts could take a while yet. I'm no whale, but I'm pretty delighted with this banner. (I only dislike how MCorrin is literally wearing Azura's dress rather than having it reworked to fit him better)

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I honestly and sincerely wanted Mikoto to make it into the game. Naga knows she needs characterisation no less than Grima did. And yet when we got this, I don’t even have any emothions about it. Maybe faint disappointment? I just can’t care.

I would have preferred her regular self too, but I don't find this one is offensive enough to be bothered by it. Still better than no Mikoto. Sadly I wouldn't be pulling for her either way since what few orbs I have are stuck sniping for Camilla. I regret trying to fix my Loki's IVs.

14 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

They should not advertise it as a new heroes banner if it's to be everything like a seasonal one.

This I agree with, even though I like the banner on the whole. I also was a little disappointed initially to see that it was another Fates banner and not even a parallel Hoshidan one to the Nhorian one prior to it. But still, it's pretty and I do like it. 'Course, I'm one of those who will gladly accept just about whatever IS chooses to throw out since I see them as having the right to do so and the playerbase as not really having a right to complain.

40 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Clearly this is IS lowkey highkey influencing everyone to save their Orbs because they intend to provide the goods on the the Christmas and New Years Banners.

7 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Clearly this is IS lowkey highkey influencing everyone to save their Orbs because they intend to provide the goods on the the Christmas and New Years Banners.

I doubt the Christmas/New Years' banners will have what I want, but I can only speak for myself. Apparently, I hold uncommon opinions. So, saving up to try to get L!Robin again. If I have orbs by the time those holiday banners come out, and they have units I want, then all the better!

It's another Fates banner. With three Alts. Three. IT'S NOT SEASONAL!!!

This is a steaming pile of garbage if I have seen one.
My conspiracy theory is that IS is working together with Blizzard for worst disappointments of the year. *takes tin hat off and throws it into hell*

Alright, let's say having another Fates banner this soon is ... okay. *chokes*
I would have understood if the banner would have Hoshidan units. Like Nohrian Dusk gave us 4 new OCs with Garon as GHB. It would only be fair if they try to equalize these numbers, right?
Nope. Birthright only gets Shiro and Kaze as actual OCs. The rest? A Hinoka Alt and Rhajat who is a Tharja alt for all intent and purposes. Great. *slow claps* Helps that Nohr eclipses them in Seasonal Alts.

God, this is a joke. FEH channel might as well be the introduction of 6* to screw over anyone with +10 5*s.

The last new heroes banner themed after a game was also Fates considering the new hero banners that came after were either original characters or Brave Redux. Furthermore, considering that Fates is already very over represented in both alts and first versions, who at "Intelligent" Systems came up with this banner? 

8 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

That kinda won't work too well if half their current player base is knee-deep in Ultimate and as a result barely cares about FEH by then. Well, they might be wondering where my money I went after December 7th at least.