New Heroes Appear: Adrift (November 9 ~)

Coolmanio

Wasn't expecting the banner reveal tonight but wow I seriously thought this was a seasonal banner at first. Are we also getting Legendary Xander dressed as Azura this month for the legendary banner?

Joke is on them though because Azura is the only one I care about and we are getting her for free. Normally I would be excited about a new Fates banner but since Silas and Flora got put in recently all my favorites from that game are here now. I will just take my free summon and rejoice that I can start saving orbs again.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Birthright only gets Shiro and Kaze as actual OCs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Kaze one of those shared between Birthright and Conquest? And what about Hana, Oboro, Subaki, Saizo, Azama, Setsuna, Hinata, the various Kageros, the various Ryoumas, the various Sakuras, the various Hinokas, and the various Takumis? Or did you mean "added recently" as opposed to "in total?"

>IS adds Lyn #5
>mass downvoted trailer and community outcry
>IS doesn't care, adds Lucina #5
>downvoted and outcry
>IS doesn't care and adds Camilla #5
>downvoted and outcry

Barring some massive player hemorrhaging directly due to it, which doesn't seem to actually happen despite all the complaints, I don't think they'll stop any time soon with this pattern. Their closest thing to a reaction has been just letting people know other banners aren't totally forgotten about, but they're a ways off. I guess Xander is next to hit #5 since he's got a fair chance at a legendary alt.

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That kinda won't work too well if half their current player base is knee-deep in Ultimate and as a result barely cares about FEH by then. Well, they might be wondering where my money I went after December 7th at least.

Fortunately for them I can multitask if they come through with quality~

1 minute ago, Mercakete said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Kaze one of those shared between Birthright and Conquest? And what about Hana, Oboro, Subaki, Saizo, Azama, Setsuna, Hinata, the various Kageros, the various Ryoumas, the various Sakuras, the various Hinokas, and the various Takumis? Or did you mean "added recently" as opposed to "in total?"

I forgot Kaze is a shared unit. Obviously I mean added recently (as if the wording wasn't clear enough with Nohrian Dusk).
Doesn't make things any better because Conquest has the same number at launch (because the Royals need all their retainers) so Conquest still has a massive lead in representation compared to Birthright.

So, the players are already fighting evil by moonlight (Nhor), IS could be winning love by daylight (Hoshido), and neither ever runs from a real fight. We just need one called Sailor Moon (I'm guessing this would go to Niles since apparently he loves the moon or something.)

5 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

>IS doesn't care and adds Camilla #5
>downvoted and outcry

Well, based purely on likes/dislikes: this one takes the cake in terms of outcry.
The trailer has more dislikes than likes. The only one coming close to this negative reaction is Lucina who sits around 50:50 with slightly more likes.

The Banner is interesting in concept, hell I dont even mind the 2 Corrin alts. The entire theme of them being puppets in Valla leaves a creepy vibe to it all and would be a fun banner.

Problem is, as was the same with Fates itself, great concept. Bad execution. Again, the two Corrin arent bad, but Camilla was definitely not needed, and I am honestly iffy on Mikoto. Arete was a good option for this banner, as was a Gunter alt if they wanted to go for 3 alts. Sumeragi could have also worked. Scarlet as some have brought up. There were several good options here, unfortunately we got another Camilla. Which sucks, because I dont mind the idea of another Camilla alt, she just needs to be on alt banners that make sense, not stuff like this.

My other issues are the designs themselves. Corrin using Azura's dress wasnt bad or anything, but everyone is wearing it. I guess they are trying to use it as an example of Vallite clothing, but that doesnt make any sense given Azura was raised in Hoshido and her dress was likely Hoshidan. But that isnt the issue. The issue is that everyone is wearing the same outfit. I think if they changed Male Corrin's outfit to something different, maybe more of a proper robe, and if we absolutely had to have Camilla maybe somekind of other type of dress or maybe even Vallite armor of somekind. Would have been far more interesting.

Overall, great concept. Bad execution. Also, filler as all hell. This is definitely just buying them some time for something else. Considering this was something that seemingly would have normally been announced during the Feh channel tomorrow, leaves an interesting situation.

8 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Well, based purely on likes/dislikes: this one takes the cake in terms of outcry.
The trailer has more dislikes than likes. The only one coming close to this negative reaction is Lucina who sits around 50:50 with slightly more likes.

We'll have to see how this banner does in sales. If plenty of people still whale for waifu alts then the dislikes alone won't be enough to change things. It hasn't stopped them yet.

When I saw that Male Corrin alt unit, it was so hilarious that I forgot to laugh.  Wtf??!! Who thought that was a good idea??? I'm still really tempted to pull on this banner though...for the messed up art...

Is it bad to think that they all pull off Azura's dress better than herself?

Also, Azura for our new TT unit! A free refresher is always a great refresher in my book, especially since I do not have any of the previous Azuras. Now there is enough Azura's for Azura Emblem. This makes 4/14 refreshers Azura.

"Young Songstress" has me worried that she will be a loli, which would kill my hype for a free TT dancer. I just hope she stays the same age but gets a cool, Arete-inspired revamp.

Just now, Xenomata said:

Wait... if they're revealing the characters today, then what in gods name will be revealed tomorrow on Feh Channel?

How much do you want to bet Feh still devotes time to talking about them?

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Wait... if they're revealing the characters today, then what in gods name will be revealed tomorrow on Feh Channel?

I imagine they'll show off Book 3, unless they plan on having yet another Feh Channel soon enough to show that.

I must shamefully admit  I didn't see this coming even though they had to tone down any potential backlash by saying Radiant Dawn and Binding Blade were coming next year. I mean, didn't Fates already get not only a proper content banner but also alts for Halloween? And now we get the world's creepiest slumber party. 

7 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

If plenty of people still whale for waifu alts then the dislikes alone won't be enough to change things.

Admit it, you want that to happen to get your 180 BST Camilla Armor of doom and boobs.

10 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

but that doesnt make any sense given Azura was raised in Hoshido and her dress was likely Hoshidan.

Hoshido is clearly Japan by another name and Azura's outfit (1) has zero semblance of being Japanese and (2) looks nothing like anything else worn by a Hoshidan.

2 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I imagine they'll show off Book 3, unless they plan on having yet another Feh Channel soon enough to show that.

Spoiler

A recent datamine showed that ver 2.11 was in the works, so it is unlikely to be Book 3. I think they'll add Book 3 after the holidays, since the holidays is paralogue central.

Still hoping for Book 3 though. It may alleviate the salt for some time and put the whole "DAE THINK FEH IS DYING?!" discussion to rest for the time being.

2 minutes ago, Granny said:

Huh. I probably would have bought some orbs to get M!Corrin, but I won't. IS will think any profit is due to Camilla.

If they have any auditing in place, which they probably do, they can probably at least see what colors are being pulled at what frequency.

Also, it's plainly obvious that the big spenders are going to be aiming for the two Corrins for their premium skills.

OHOHO, this is a bit of a twist. We expected this to be a channel reveal. I guess it won't be. So many alts though, I guess you can't spell salt without alts. I would say the same about Fates but.....

Seems to be a Valla theme for everyone. F!Corrin has Atk/Spd bond, Fortify Dragons and Rally Atk/Spd. M!Corrin, has Hone Dragons, Atk/Def bond and Null Followup. What? It stops enemies' Guaranteed followups and skills preventing the unit from doubling, holy crap that's worth a lot. They also have Draconic Rage, which gives Atk/Spd when there's more allies nearby, which is alright I guess and a counter to the focus on isolation skills. Mikoto's now in though and she's got Infantry Rush, Brazen Atk'Res and a new staff: Flash+, which is Candlelight but in the regular pool (It took, what, 17 months?). AND THEN WE HAVE CAMILLA NO. 5. (I already got three of them by accident and the one I wanted got away.). She's got a white Wyvern (Cool) she got Atk/Red Link and Atk/Res Bond and her weapon has 17 Atk and if she's next to someone she hits the enemy with -4 to all stats. There's also Young Azura apparently, let's hope she's red..

So, M!Corrin might be 10/10 fodder (Man that sounds wrong), Mikoto could be neat too and holy crap this is not the new Fates banner people wanted. I guess if this was announced in the Fehs channel it would have left too much of a salty taste in the mouth. I am not pulling by the way, this was a mistake.

Edited by Dayni

Uh...no thank you.

Male Corrin doesn't look good at all, which is disappointing. Female Corrin looks good, but I've always preferred a male Corrin, so no thanks. I don't like Mikoto - the fact that she got in before Emmeryn is very upsetting. I adore Camilla, but I don't like her artwork here.

For the first time during my time playing this game...this is an easy skip.

They could have had Lilith, or Arete, or even Sumeragi, but nope. Another Corrin and Camilla alt. I don't usually mind alts but three on a banner? We sure this isn't an obscure seasonal reference?

I know that everyone will complain about this banner. Sometimes when I like a banner, seeing people complaining make me sad. Not this time. It is my dream banner, and the first banner ever where I'm going to summon every orbs, every time. The art is amazing, and this Camilla is just pure perfection (she's my main target because I found her so beautiful that I really was about to cry, she's my favorite character). I wanted Mikoto for a long time. This banner really is perfection to me.