New Heroes Appear: Adrift (November 9 ~)

Coolmanio

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

Firesweep bow is 100% guaranteed to be 5* locked barring some major change. Flash isn't.

I guess we can see after the Focus then. I am not confident that it would drop, but it would be nice if it did.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

And Flash+ effects all foes in 2 spaces, so basically all your allies get the sweep effect.

Yeah, but compressing the role of nuke and Firesweep unit into one unit is much better than separating it. You generally want more role compression than less.

For example, say you keep them separate, then you basically have Dazzling Staff Flash healer, nuke, Dancer/Singer, and bonus unit with no more free space. That team will score pretty low. If you combine the Flash healer and nuke, you get an extra slot for more score potential.

If you role compress the nuke into the Flash healer via Wrathful Staff, you are missing out on the Dance/Sing-Reposition tactic that is so vital Player Phase ranged teams.

If you role compress the Dazzling Staff into the nuke, you will basically be running Firesweep Bow, but you can run also utilize the Dance/Sing-Reposition tactic if you need it and also be able to utilize Poison Strike-Poison Strike, which is much quicker at weakening a single enemy allowing your bonus unit to land a kill more easily.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I'm curious. What game series do you mean?

Persona, Persona franchise in a whole has big theme about butterflies (because it's a form of the big good) , when P4 specifcially is big about fog, and people's desire to escape bitter reality is also a  big theme , the  true final boss even asked "Why? Why do you fight back? Don't mankind prefer pleasant illusion over the bitter reality?" 

The only thing Persona 1 and 2 fans get for the 20th anniversary is one poster, and compared to that, older FE fans already got so much.

5 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Are you talking about Persona? Because you're not wrong.

Hell yes.

6 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Persona, Persona franchise in a whole has big theme about butterflies (because it's a form of the big good) , when P4 specifcially is big about fog, and people's desire to escape bitter reality is also a  big theme , the  true final boss even asked "Why? Why do you fight back? Don't mankind prefer pleasant illusion over the bitter reality?" 

The only thing Persona 1 and 2 fans get for the 20th anniversary is one poster, and compared to that, older FE fans already got so much.

Hell yes.

Ah makes sense. I remember talk of people being disappointed that 1 and 2 don't seem to be included in anything (like PQ, etc). I have played some of the Personas, including 2, but I'm not the biggest fan so a bit out of the loop. I'm more into SMT :)

Sucks, though. I know FE isn't that bad, but sometimes it's hard to be a fan of certain games and feel like they get nearly nothing in comparison to the shiny new ones >.<

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

I guess we can see after the Focus then. I am not confident that it would drop, but it would be nice if it did.

Yeah, but compressing the role of nuke and Firesweep unit into one unit is much better than separating it. You generally want more role compression than less.

For example, say you keep them separate, then you basically have Dazzling Staff Flash healer, nuke, Dancer/Singer, and bonus unit with no more free space. That team will score pretty low. If you combine the Flash healer and nuke, you get an extra slot for more score potential.

If you role compress the nuke into the Flash healer via Wrathful Staff, you are missing out on the Dance/Sing-Reposition tactic that is so vital Player Phase ranged teams.

If you role compress the Dazzling Staff into the nuke, you will basically be running Firesweep Bow, but you can run also utilize the Dance/Sing-Reposition tactic if you need it and also be able to utilize Poison Strike-Poison Strike, which is much quicker at weakening a single enemy allowing your bonus unit to land a kill more easily.

I still prefer to use a Candlelight/Flash unit than a Firesweep Archer, although I recognize that the bow is more efficient, since the user has access to damage special skills and skills like blows and smokes.

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Ah makes sense. I remember talk of people being disappointed that 1 and 2 don't seem to be included in anything (like PQ, etc). I have played some of the Personas, including 2, but I'm not the biggest fan so a bit out of the loop. I'm more into SMT :)

Sucks, though. I know FE isn't that bad, but sometimes it's hard to be a fan of certain games and feel like they get nearly nothing in comparison to the shiny new ones >.<

That was my point. FEH is bad in so many things that is fact, such as the representation or alts, but if you mingle with a lot of other fandoms, FEH's level was pretty tame. Underrepresentation? Persona fandoms has it worse. Alts? Literally 90% gacha out there have more alts then FEH will ever dream of. It's just people in FE fandom is way, way more vocal that makes it sounds they have it the worst. 

44 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I was originally going to ignore this thanks to that last part but I think Silveraura25 actually made a very good point. Invested would certainly have been the better word and would have came off as less provocative.

But I do stand by my words. As an NPC who dies incredibly early she makes a lot less sense than characters like Forrest, base Charlotte or even Sumeragi who's a fairly prominent NPC. Even the disproportionately represented Fates still has gaps left to fill and to me that takes priority.

Sumeragi is no more prominent than Mikoto though, with the latter being the more prominent one. Both are NPCs and both are dead too early for what you call a lasting investment in the base game. At least in Mikoto's case, she has significance in both Birthright (which her death and memory is the driving force for Hoshido to end the war) and Conquest (where she makes another appearance), followed by supplementary supports from various others regarding her, where as Sumeragi is only actually a thing in Revelation and  is otherwise brought up only by Yukimura's support and maybe Saizo, if memory serves. And this is before factoring in Heirs of Fate.

Ideally, Sumeragi should have been the Hoshidan counterpart to Nohr's Garon, but with him biting the dust before the game even starts, that role goes to Mikoto, whose barrier was the only thing preventing the Nohrian invasion for so long, and a more accurate comparison for Sumeragi would be equal to Arete from what we are given

Edited by Motendra

1 minute ago, DraceEmpressa said:

That was my point. FEH is bad in so many things that is fact, such as the representation or alts, but if you mingle with a lot of other fandoms, FEH's level was pretty tame. Underrepresentation? Persona fandoms has it worse. Alts? Literally 90% gacha out there have more alts then FEH will ever dream of. It's just people in FE fandom is way, way more vocal that makes it sounds they have it the worst. 

I play Valkyrie Connect (or at least used to... sort of given it up). It has almost no new males added and the guys only get alts at Halloween (not summer, etc). I'm still vocal about how FEH is not because I think it's worse than VC (or any others) but because I don't want it to become that way. I care about this game and my investment in it so I'm going to be vocal. Just because people are complaining doesn't mean they think they have it worse, or that they have any less right to complain :/

I don't know why Camilla has so many alts same with Lyn, also why does Camilla have the title of "Flower of Fantasy" when I first saw it I though it was going to be Elise since her normal form is "Budding flower" and her summer alt is "Tropical flower." Looks like i'm only going for male Corrin. Also more child units from awakening and fates please. 

I think the big issue with Feh is that FE has already a bunch of characters unlike other gachas that make them

When I saw Camilla's title I honestly thought it was that singer from Cyrkensia

Edited by silveraura25

Oh yeah, I guess I should say what I think about the banner. I'm mostly indifferent. It has things I like: Mikoto, M!Corrin as a Dragon, Camilla in a pretty dress.

But I can't say I really enjoy it when there are also things I dislike. Like, why is F!Corrin still a Dragon? Give her the damn Omega Yato IS!!!! Why 4 alts? This is too much, and depending on how you see it Mikoto is an alt too. And as much as I love Camilla, this is really bad timing. This will hurt her chances for CYL3 a lot...

I guess Micaiah has already won, unless IS manages to make people mad at her too. They still have 2 months to do that.

Also, another Fates banner, another disappointment over Axe!Charlotte. She's never coming...

7 minutes ago, TheWildestCat said:

I don't know why Camilla has so many alts same with Lyn, also why does Camilla have the title of "Flower of Fantasy" when I first saw it I though it was going to be Elise since her normal form is "Budding flower" and her summer alt is "Tropical flower." Looks like i'm only going for male Corrin. Also more child units from awakening and fates please. 

Nohr generally seems to have a flower theme going on, at least with the two princesses. Camilla's personal skill is even called ''Rose's thorns''

10 minutes ago, TheWildestCat said:

I know about the flower theme but Camilla normally has Bewitching in her title. All i'm saying is that i'm disappointed that Elise still only has her cleric form. 

No, she also has her summer version.

Edited by GrandeRampel

Personally, I wouldn't find any of the alts particularly troublesome in a vacuum, what really bugs me is the combination of them all together blocking out new characters. Also the timing. I was open to the idea of a Birthright banner this month to add Selkie and Kaden as part of Book 3 beasts, but any other Fates right now is just silly.

Mikoto is a good addition, and some sort of dragon m!Corrin makes perfect sense to add. And I certainly wouldn't complain about a seasonal banner along these lines. But a New Heroes banner should have more new characters than this.

19 minutes ago, TheWildestCat said:

I know about the flower theme but Camilla has never had flower until now. All i'm saying is that i'm disappointed that Elise still only has her cleric form. 

Camilla’s persona skill icon has a flower in it.

1 minute ago, TheWildestCat said:

I'm really talking about heroes here, but whatever. I just think Camilla has too many alts. i'm ending this about the titles. so carry on with the opinions. :)

When you refine Camilla’s weapon in Heroes, it also gets a flower icon. Camilla always had a flower theme.

This banner is certainly something. I'm not feeling angry, but I am feeling underwhelmed and a little bit confused too.

The Corrin's are fine in my eyes. They look good and they only had one alt each before this. its fine. Not exiting and certainly not fate units that i'd add on a banner, but its fine.

I don't find Mikoto to be very interesting. She's a new character, but she's also one of the most boring characters Fate has to offer. Not the worst, but there's really not much to her.

Camilla is the worst problem on this banner and the character that confuses me the most. I wasn't a fan of all of her alts, but I at least thought she always had a reason to be there. A foreigner celebrating a exotic holiday is a good reason for her new year alt and she has her place on the fanservice banners. Here she just feels tacked on.

Edited by Sasori