New Heroes Appear: Adrift (November 9 ~)

Coolmanio

Since everyone is a little unhappy about Camilla, let's make a small game. you don't have to do it. If you could change one of the heroes who and why and who would you replace it with and why. limited to fates since that is where everyone is from. I'm not doing it but the idea is out there.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Midnox said:

What’s the theme of this banner anyway?

At first I thought they were doing Azura cosplay, but it is Vallite theme since they are all dressed in Vallite attire.

8 hours ago, Dayni said:

Sorry for posting so quick again, but someone's been theorising (Big Fates Spoilers, mainly Revelations):

Hide contents

Based on this, of course I hate it, Anankos in involved. I have some doubt that'll be the case for the Paralogue (I mean, why bring the worst villain in) because Loki's there, but still.

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Considering this is effectively a Fallen Heroes banner, there are likely no demotions.

Arete has a Vallite outfit in one of her Cipher cards.

EDIT: So does Anankos.

I wonder if Camilla is becoming a Wolverine syndrome where she appears in banners that don't relate to her or make sense at all. At this point, I'm expecting her to appear in the other games' banners because why not. Oh look, Camilla is a protagonist of book 3 and inexplicably appears in Three Houses as an OP, end-game sage with convoluted recruitment requirements as you have to save 26 orphans placed sporadically throughout the game. Also, she's only available for the last level of the game starting on turn 14.

6 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Maybe I'm doing my math wrong but the Japanese banner videos shows the women having their 3rd alts having more dislikes than Marth & Hector.

Honestly, the double standard treatment is pretty much the reason why I don't consider myself a Fire Emblem fan anymore

Last time I checked, the numbers were close enough that the difference is statistically insignificant. Exactly which videos are you referring to?

5 hours ago, XRay said:

I personally prefer Firesweep Bow in that scenario for role compression. With Poison Strike-Poison Strike, babysitting Firesweep archers got enough nuking power to finish weakened enemies off quickly if the bonus unit still fails to kill them. For Flash healer, while they can completely shutdown counter attacks, they are not exactly great at killing things quickly without Poison Strike, and Savage Blow feels a bit risky for Arena.

It probably does not matter once the player is past pony meta score range, as infantry, fliers, and especially armors are slow enough to abuse Dance/Sing-Reposition repeatedly.

Not everyone prefers that play style for regular Arena (especially because it's worse for scoring) and not everyone has seven teams of the exact same thing for Arena Assault.

Whether or not you find it useful is irrelevant to whether or not it is useful to the general player base.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

and Savage Blow feels a bit risky for Arena.

Vantage doesn't activate if the opponent cannot counterattack.

1 hour ago, Sarracenia said:

Corrin's clothing looks like it was made by Azura.~

Everyone's clothes on this banner are Vallite in design. Azura's clothes are Vallite in design.

12 minutes ago, Midnox said:

What’s the theme of this banner anyway?

This is the second "Fallen Heroes" banner. Everyone is in Vallite clothing because they're puppets controlled by Anankos.

6 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I wouldn't call it Fallen Heroes. Fallen Heroes are canon evil versions of characters. I'd call it meat puppet banner

We have exactly one previous Fallen Heroes-type banner. "Characters that have been possessed or brainwashed, etc." is just as accurate of a description.

I’m pretty late here, though that was by choice. Knew better than to arrive when the fire was at its hottest. 

Personally interested in female Corrin the most. I also like Mikoto but I think she might drop so I won’t really persue her. 

14 minutes ago, TheWildestCat said:

Since everyone is a little unhappy about Camilla, let's make a small game. you don't have to do it. If you could change one of the heroes who and why and who would you replace it with and why. limited to fates since that is where everyone is from. I'm not doing it but the idea is out there.

So, I think I'll try this (Revelations spoilers, I guess):

Spoiler

For just switching out Camilla, the new red has to fit the theme and Sumeragi's just screaming at the chance imo. I also have two more villainous options, either Arete who would be a possible option for a red cav instead or Gunther, who could be a mounted dragon (that's a bit of a jokey one, but let's be real everyone would have flipped on that). As for a less villainous option, we're a bit more stuck there. I'm going to suggest either Nyx (who hasn't really had much of a chance so far and could be stretched to the theme as much as Camilla to be fair) or Scarlet (though what weapon she'd have is one question I'd debate).

Another one I'm thinking of is changing Mikoto to a red bow and bringing Lilith in as a colourless dragon. Another argument could be F!Corrin with a Yato and the new green could be her as well, but I wanted to give Mikoto a weapon in particular.

25 minutes ago, TheWildestCat said:

Charlotte replaced by Idunn Or Legendary Ryoma by Anankos. All other fates characters/alts are good in my opinion.

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

We have exactly one previous Fallen Heroes-type banner. "Characters that have been possessed or brainwashed, etc." is just as accurate of a description.

canon evil versions

7 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

canon evil versions

That's just being unnecessarily specific. Has someone at IS told you that a follow-up Fallen Heroes banner necessarily has to be canon versions?

It's like being given a pattern of "1, 2, 3, ..." and saying that the next number absolutely cannot be "4" because none of the given numbers is larger than 3.

The absolute minimum criteria to set apart Fallen Heroes from "regular" banners was the fact that its characters are no longer acting of their original agency.

Edited by Ice Dragon

19 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I’m pretty late here, though that was by choice. Knew better than to arrive when the fire was at its hottest. 

Personally interested in female Corrin the most. I also like Mikoto but I think she might drop so I won’t really persue her. 

if she did.. wow. yes please
here's my take. I want Azura to be a Calvary unit. first Singer on a Horse.

19 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

canon evil versions

Mikoto was possessed by Anankos in both Rev and Heirs of Fate. That's as canon as you can get I'd say.

As for Corrin well, by his own words Anankos supposedly kept Corrin "alive" in Heirs of Fate:

Spoiler

Kana (F): Are you Anankos? Give me back my papa! Now!

Anankos: I cannot. Avatar already belongs to me.

Kana (M): Is Mama alive?!

Shigure: What did you do to them?!

Anankos: Nothing. Avatar is the only human I suffered to live. That child...is all I have now... It is a pity, Cadros. I thought that we could come to an understanding. But I see that you have failed me, just as this realm did...

Mind, we never got to see them but considering the children face all of their canonical parents (sans Azura) Corrin is suspiciously absent - taking Anankos at his word is as good as any explaination as to what happened to them in HoF. There's also no reason to not assume that the rest of Gen 1 is dead when HoF takes place - Camilla included.

Edited by Tactician_Iris
Found the quote from HoF

33 minutes ago, Tactician_Iris said:

There's also no reason to not assume that the rest of Gen 1 is dead when HoF takes place - Camilla included.

Mikoto is definitely dead when possessed though, since she died all the way in chapter 5. Why she (and both Arete and Sumeragi) isn't as ... damaged as Takumi is in Conquest's Endgame is anyone's guess. HoF has all the fathers show up as similar corpse puppets though, so there is no reason to assume Anankos wouldn't do the same to the moms, including Camilla. I guess Anankos puppets run on either eery serenity or visceral horror depending on the demands of the plot.

29 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's just being unnecessarily specific. Has someone at IS told you that a follow-up Fallen Heroes banner necessarily has to be canon versions?

It's like being given a pattern of "1, 2, 3, ..." and saying that the next number absolutely cannot be "4" because none of the given numbers is larger than 3.

The absolute minimum criteria to set apart Fallen Heroes from "regular" banners is the fact that its characters are no longer acting of their original agency.

Both of our arguments are flimsy if going off of "has someone at IS told you...". Let's assume were both wrong. Let's speculate until February comes with a possible Fallen Heroes banner. For now I'm basing my thoughts on the Fallen Heroes banner that happened in what was it. February? So far IS has tried to keep the schedule of some banners with the same theme happen around the same time. CYL2 occured about 2ish weeks earlier. Brave Redux about 2-3ish weeks earlier. If Fallen Heroes doesn't happen in January/February then you're right about this banner being Fallen Heroes and I'm wrong. If Fallen Heroes happens in January/February, but none of them are considered canon then you're right, I'm wrong. If Fallen Heroes happens in January/February and all of them are canon then I'm right and you're wrong. I gave you an addition chance to be right so I could curry your favor. Now of course you could make the argument that Fallen Heroes didn't occur during Heroes's first year, but that could be attributed as IS's lack of creativity when it comes to banners when they were starting out

29 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The absolute minimum criteria to set apart Fallen Heroes from "regular" banners is the fact that its characters are no longer acting of their original agency.

You're being too literal by only looking at the name of the banner and not the contents.

28 minutes ago, Tactician_Iris said:

Mikoto was possessed by Anankos in both Rev and Heirs of Fate. That's as canon as you can get I'd say.

As for Corrin well, by his own words Anankos supposedly kept Corrin "alive" in Heirs of Fate:

Hide contents

Anankos: Nothing. Avatar is the only human I suffered to live. That child...is all I have now... It is a pity, Cadros. I thought that we could come to an understanding. But I see that you have failed me, just as this realm did...

Mind, we never got to see them but considering the children face all of their canonical parents (sans Azura) Corrin is suspiciously absent - taking Anankos at his word is as good as any explaination as to what happened to them in HoF. There's also no reason to not assume that the rest of Gen 1 is dead when HoF takes place - Camilla included.

One character, I'll give you. Camilla, maybe. But Corrin, nah. Anankos mentioned keeping Corrin alive and he can't really do any brainwashing to the extent we see in Revelations without outright causing the person to die. He can plant suggestions and cause pain, but these Corrins seem so calm and serene as if they were meat puppets already. I do wonder what happened to him. Maybe thrown into a void or something. Even then, Anankos's meat puppets aren't wearing any Vallite clothing in HoF, but that might because of budgets they had for models/art. I think this is something IS cooked up for Heroes. Something like the negative side of the multiverse of DC where you have Joker Batman, Reverse-Flash Batman, Doomsday Batman, evil Green Lantern Batman, etc.

4 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Mikoto is definitely dead when possessed though, since she died all the way in chapter 5. Why she (and both Arete and Sumeragi) isn't as ... damaged as Takumi is in Conquest's Endgame is anyone's guess. HoF has all the fathers show up as similar corpse puppets though, so there is no reason to assume Anankos wouldn't do the same to the moms, including Camilla. I guess Anankos puppets run on either eery serenity or visceral horror depending on the demands of the plot.

My hot take. Fujin Yumi when corrupted magnified Anankos's evil power planted inside Takumi

50 minutes ago, Tactician_Iris said:

Hide contents

They are, especially since Azura was also seen as dead. And since Anankos states that Corrins were the only ones he let live, it can be concluded that the other Gen 1 characters are dead. This Camilla is probably in a similar state as to what Arete, Mikoto, and the others were in. It also explains the ethereal wyvern she's on. I'm really curious to see where they go with the storyline on this.

1 hour ago, TheWildestCat said:

Scarlet. 
boom. 
new hero (even if fates),  is a flyer, and she was all caught up in the Valite stuff. 

10 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

My hot take. Fujin Yumi when corrupted magnified Anankos's evil power planted inside Takumi

Could be. Alternately, Anankos just had trouble animating a corpse full of broken bones.

On another note M!Corrin's line in Japanese is: "If you are in pain, it's fine to run away. Running away isn't a bad thing.". So yeah, it's basically confirmed that they are possessed in some way. 

10 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Perhaps that, along with the sheer hate Takumi had for Nohr and/or Corrin led to him becoming a much more outwardly violent puppet than the others.

1 minute ago, Nanima said:

Could be. Alternately, Anankos just had trouble animating a corpse full of broken bones.

On another note M!Corrin's line in Japanese is: "If you are in pain, it's fine to run away. Running away isn't a bad thing.". So yeah, it's basically confirmed that they are possessed in some way. 

Sumeragi had bunch of holes in him tho

Animosity for the win then

14 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Perhaps that, along with the sheer hate Takumi had for Nohr and/or Corrin led to him becoming a much more outwardly violent puppet than the others.

Not that I blame him That might be what the writer's were going for, thogh it's hard to tell with them. 

12 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Sumeragi had bunch of holes in him tho

Sumeragi was possessed for years though, whereas Takumi was a patch job of a couple days tops. Though showing all the corpse puppets with realistic wounds for their deaths may have pushed the rating up. (I'm still surprised they let Ryouma's death slip by the way they did) 

Edited by Nanima

1 hour ago, TheWildestCat said:

Nah, they can put all the alts for Camilla all they want, in fact, make all banners have at least one Camilla from now on :D: