New Heroes Appear: Adrift (November 9 ~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Azuris said:

I am new here and my opinion probably won't count as much, but

I have to second this. Alkaid staying calm and supporting his favorite character, despite all the shit thrown at her, is really commendable.

I actually feared, that he will get bashed and insulted from all sides for this. Not only wasn't that the case, but he even got a positive reply. That was a pleasant surprise, thank you for that, Motendra.

I have to say, I've been really surprised at all the positive responses I got in this thread. I'm really glad to have not just instead been the odd man out and be flamed for my minority opinion here, so thanks to you and the others. I get all the people who are unhappy, but I can't help but look forward to this banner and it's nice to know I'm not alone.

33 minutes ago, Azuris said:

I am glad about the TT Azura though. Azura is one of my favorites and while I don't think we need another alt for her, I'll take it.
Yet I do agree with the people saying it would have been a great opportunity for Arete and would even trade the new Azura for her. I am especially curious what they would do for her art, because I don't remember there being a lot of art for her

I wish we were getting a second GHB this month, then I could hope for that to be Arete to round out this Valla theme, but I guess we might have to wait and hope for another time. I know she's not even as popular as Mikoto, but her design's pretty cool and more unplayable characters is always nice.

I'm also going to guess this will be like the Fallen banner and nobody demotes. IF one were to, maybe Mikoto, but she's still pretty loaded with rare fodder so I'd be surprised.

(And welcome to the forum!)

Edited by Alkaid

3 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Everyone freaking out about Camilla getting a fifth alt and we don't even have the inevitable Brave and Legendary versions yet. It's gonna be real bad once that happens, isn't it?

very very. 
I will totally be ready with popcorn as the internet burns

22 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I have to say, I've been really surprised at all the positive responses I got in this thread. I'm really glad to have not just instead been the odd man out and be flamed for my minority opinion here, so thanks to you and the others. I get all the people who are unhappy, but I can't help but look forward to this banner and it's nice to know I'm not alone.

That’s how it should be, you didn’t design this banner. Unless  you’re an incognito IS executive.

15 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Everyone freaking out about Camilla getting a fifth alt and we don't even have the inevitable Brave and Legendary versions yet. It's gonna be real bad once that happens, isn't it?

If anything, I think her presence, along with the Corrins on this banner, increases the chance that the 2nd Fates (Nohr) legend could be Xander instead, although I guess it's still possible they choose Camilla to represent Conquest instead.

21 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Personally I think you're in the majority, it only looks like the minority because the actual (vocal) minority is extremely loud, whether in forums or youtube video votes. Definitely nice to see other people take such things in a non-serious manner.

1 minute ago, Azuni said:

If anything, I think her presence, along with the Corrins on this banner, increases the chance that the 2nd Fates (Nohr) legend could be Xander instead, although I guess it's still possible they choose Camilla to represent Conquest instead.

Personally I think you're in the majority, it only looks like the minority because the actual (vocal) minority is extremely loud, whether in forums or youtube video votes. Definitely nice to see other people take such things in a non-serious manner.

you'd think it would be Xander. 
I mean his main personal is a GHB. and then 2 alts, right? (dancer + the lance guy). 
He needs some form of Epic Legendary true form or something

10 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

you'd think it would be Xander. 
I mean his main personal is a GHB. and then 2 alts, right? (dancer + the lance guy). 
He needs some form of Epic Legendary true form or something

Swimmer Xander, too~

I've heard this banner be called "boring" or "uninspired" but I don't think either of those things are the problem here. Maybe the character selection is, but I find the Vallite theme and characters involved to be interesting, even if Camilla is here... just because. I would have liked Arete instead, but it's not anything to get worked up over.

Considering that I'm interested in at least three units, I'm not sure how I'll spend my orbs. I suppose I'll come up with something later, but at least Azura is free.

Now I want to see an edit of Smash Ultimate's banner, except everyone is dressed as Azura.

4 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I've heard this banner be called "boring" or "uninspired" but I don't think either of those things are the problem here. Maybe the character selection is, but I find the Vallite theme and characters involved to be interesting, even if Camilla is here... just because. I would have liked Arete instead, but it's not anything to get worked up over.

Considering that I'm interested in at least three units, I'm not sure how I'll spend my orbs. I suppose I'll come up with something later, but at least Azura is free.

Now I want to see an edit of Smash Ultimate's banner, except everyone is dressed as Azura.

Honestly this is the happiest thing for me that Azura is free, which means my orbs are safe. 
actually if this TT is like the Halloween one it would stand to reason that these units + the normal Corrins, Camila etc, are gonna be the Bonus units for TT. (thankfully i have Camilla at 4 star rarity all trained up). 

7 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

The theme itself is mostly weird and uncanny.

But the uninspired comments are pretty much about having Fates so close to the previous Fates Banner (in fact; it was pretty much the previos Normal Banner)... specially because it has another Camilla (she is the first character to get 5 Version without having Legendary/Brave Alts in her side).

I'm happy Azura is free though; she is one of the characters I actually kind of like from Fates.

Edited by Troykv

22 hours ago, Alexmender said:

She's Azura, he's Azura, you're Azura, I'm Azura!!!...Is there any other Azura I should know about?

Shigure: You are the ocean's gray waves, destined to seek...

51 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I wish we were getting a second GHB this month, then I could hope for that to be Arete to round out this Valla theme, but I guess we might have to wait and hope for another time. I know she's not even as popular as Mikoto, but her design's pretty cool and more unplayable characters is always nice.

I'm also going to guess this will be like the Fallen banner and nobody demotes. IF one were to, maybe Mikoto, but she's still pretty loaded with rare fodder so I'd be surprised.

(And welcome to the forum!)

Wait, what's the first GHB?

Really hope they have Arete as an unannounced GHB- have we ever gotten a New Heroes banner this year without a new GHB to go along with them? Besides the special new heroes banners like Muspell/Brave Heroes/Brave Redux?

Also I have to say, I like Camilla's golden horns/crown thing. It really goes well with the purple hair and white dress, I really like the outfit overall and I think it's her best one.

5 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

That’s how it should be, you didn’t design this banner. Unless  you’re an incognito IS executive.

If I was, we'd have gotten Arete on this banner instead and next month gotten this:

Spoiler

FxbR5Jk.png

11 minutes ago, Azuni said:

Overall I feel that's probably true, but having the popular opinion still seems to be the minority one on most dedicated fan sites and that can be rougher on some of them(at least Serenes stays pretty civil, like I said before) As invested as I am in this game I try not to treat it like such a serious matter, for better or worse. (barring when bad pulls make me salty)

38 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Really hope they have Arete as an unannounced GHB- have we ever gotten a New Heroes banner this year without a new GHB to go along with them? Besides the special new heroes banners like Muspell/Brave Heroes/Brave Redux?

Also I have to say, I like Camilla's golden horns/crown thing. It really goes well with the purple hair and white dress, I really like the outfit overall and I think it's her best one.

ooh my goodness. imagine
What would she be i wonder. Hopefully axe. 

oh i double checked. she's magic. 
hopefully flying mage.

Edited by daisy jane

5 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

My bad, I should have said this current schedule, not month(though Aversa's straddles both Oct and Nov). They could possible slide another one in later in the month when the new schedule hits, but that would be kind of late to coincide with this banner. I'd sure like for her to be an unannounced one too, but I probably shouldn't get my hopes. This is such a perfect banner to introduce her alongside of, though, if they ever plan to add her.

Yeah, it's a very nice look, and a pretty different one being so light in color. The matching white wyvern is a really nice touch too. Aesthetically this banner is really nice. (I still find MCorrin's outfit a bit clunky, but still good art)

22 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

If I was, we'd have gotten Arete on this banner instead and next month gotten this:

Haven’t played Rev, what would Arete’s skill set look like?

7 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

A lot of skills that she had either wouldn’t translate well into Heroes or would turn out underwhelming, so she likely would have gotten some new toys from the ground up. She doesn’t even have a unique weapon. 

30 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Honestly, after noticing the theme behind this banner, it's far from being uninspired. The biggest reason I have a problem with this banner is its timing. If we had gotten it next year after adding a good portion of the Fates characters currently missing from the game, I would have understood them adding 3 alts and a NPC since they would have less options for new additions to the roster. But considering that there's still a lot of Fates character missing from the roster, including a lot of units I like, I can't help but feel disappointed seeing a banner comprising mostly of alts, even if the art is amazing and I like the idea behind the banner. It also doesn't help that we had a Fates banner just 1.5 months ago while some other games haven't had banners for nearly a year if not more. At least the RD banner is coming and this banner will give me a chance to hoard orbs.

3 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

I believe she was a strategist in Rev, so either a healer or tome cav would be nice. (first makes more sense for her, but we already have 2 freebie healers by now, if Veronica can count) Something realistic could be like Atk/Res Bond, Live to Serve and Def Tactic(or limited free Speed Tactic if IS were generous). I'm not really sure what a fitting weapon could be, if she'd get a prf at all.

11 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I believe she was a strategist in Rev, so either a healer or tome cav would be nice. (first makes more sense for her, but we already have 2 freebie healers by now, if Veronica can count) Something realistic could be like Atk/Res Bond, Live to Serve and Def Tactic(or limited free Speed Tactic if IS were generous). I'm not really sure what a fitting weapon could be, if she'd get a prf at all.

i just checked the wiki
in Rev. she had Ragnarok/Enfeeble/Fortify
so they could  (if they made her a healer) an infantry version of LB!Mia? 

26 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I'm not really sure what a fitting weapon could be, if she'd get a prf at all.

30 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

She doesn’t even have a unique weapon. 

You can never have enough horse healers imo. Based on what Daisy Jane said, I’d say Fear or Slow for a free unit, a variant on Veronica’s weapon for a banner unit.

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

Honestly this is the happiest thing for me that Azura is free, which means my orbs are safe. 
actually if this TT is like the Halloween one it would stand to reason that these units + the normal Corrins, Camila etc, are gonna be the Bonus units for TT. (thankfully i have Camilla at 4 star rarity all trained up). 

Yeah, no wan in hell I’d say no to a free dancer