New Heroes Appear: Adrift (November 9 ~)

Coolmanio

2 hours ago, Alkaid said:

I'm also going to guess this will be like the Fallen banner and nobody demotes. IF one were to, maybe Mikoto, but she's still pretty loaded with rare fodder so I'd be surprised.

I have to agree that it is likely nobody will be demoted. I also read what Ice Dragon said about that banner being a new Fallen Heroes banner. But I still think there is a chance Mikoto might actually demote, although I acknowledge, that it might be just wishful thinking at that point.

I guess it is just really unfortunate that this banner comes in the wake of the Muspell banner that didn't demote and the Brave Redux one that most likely won't demote either.

2 hours ago, Alkaid said:

(And welcome to the forum!)

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Azuni said:

If anything, I think her presence, along with the Corrins on this banner, increases the chance that the 2nd Fates (Nohr) legend could be Xander instead, although I guess it's still possible they choose Camilla to represent Conquest instead.

I feel kind of bad for it, but I would actually like a legendary version of Xander. I like Xander and it is kind of sad, that he is the only fates royal sibling, that doesn't even have his base version in the permanent pool. The seasonal variants are cute and all, but I'd rather have less of them and a mergeable permanent one instead. I would also take it, if they make the ghb version somehow available.

But now I hope the Feh Channel will bring us all something to be happy and excited about.

Edited by Azuris
Avoid double post, add something

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad some people are getting some enjoyment out of this banner, but...

There are still just under 400 playable characters from the franchise not yet in the game. As someone whose ideal Heroes scenario is proper representation of the whole series, seeing so many alts like this on a regular banner gives me a feeling akin to watching someone take my computer and run over it with their car. Why are we waiting two years for Binding Blade reps when 48 characters aren't in? I know most people aren't going to care whether someone like Macellan gets in or not, but there are still a considerable number of characters who could easily be someone's favorite missing. It's just so disheartening to fans of multiple titles.

At least the art is nice.

AZURA: YOUNG SONGSTRESS (ART + SKILLS)

Spoiler

n8bzztsig1x11.png?width=640&auto=webp&s=

Mage Dancer.

MSID_泡影の書: Book of Shadows

MSID_H_泡影の書: Grants Spd+3. If unit is adjacent to an ally, inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res-4 on foe during combat.

MSID_静水の舞い2: Torrent Dance 2

MSID_静水の舞い3: Torrent Dance 3

Azura hat accessories coming as well.

39 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

Hide contents

Mage Dancer.

MSID_H_泡影の書: Grants Spd+3. If unit is adjacent to an ally, inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res-4 on foe during combat.

Is she listed without Sing for any special reason? That feels... a little concerning to me...

But otherwise, I wasn't sure what to expect when hearing Young Songstress, but this I am okay with. uguuuu so kawaii desu~nya it's a lil Azuraaaaa~

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Is she listed without Sing for any special reason? That feels... a little concerning to me...

Those are just the new skill descriptions added in this update. Sing isn't a new skill, so it doesn't need new text.

34 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

OH MY GOD MALE CORRIN'S ABS AND PECS. His damaged art is wonderful.

Hide contents

CeI4ErY.png

HE IS GLORIOUS. I don't even have the orbs, but seeing his damaged art MAKES me want to pull for him.Those sweat droplets. That pose. *drools*

Well, now that the banner is here, here's my usual early review.

Corrin: Dream Princess - Dream Corrin(F) turns out to be a trainee dragon, and comes with a nice speed stat, which is superboon too. Base attack is not very strong, but with her weapon and Bond skill she comes with, she goes up to 57 attack and 47 speed. Looks solid, Rally Atk/Spd+ is a good support skill, but no outstanding theme that comes with her. Comes with Res superbane.

Corrin: Dream Prince - What I said to Dream Corrin(F) pretty much applies to Dream Corrin(M) too, the difference between them is minimalistic. His interesting skill is Null Follow-Up 3, which prevents follow up attacks by enemy skills. His Spd is not much, but his weapon is pretty much guarantees a 40 Spd base. He feels a bit more defensive than Dream Corrin(F), and while his Res is low, it's a superboon.

Mikoto: Caring Mother - Mikoto is a more offensive version of Bride Lyn - her weapon is pretty much the same. Comes with HP superbane and Res superboon. With this we can see her upside is her Atk and Res, especially with the Brazen skill she has. Miracle might be a weird choice for her, there's little room for her to trigger it. If you don't have Bride Lyn, she'd be a great utility character for you.

Camilla: Flower of Fantasy - All she has is attack and Res. Superboon is HP, superbane is Spd and Def. Her Spd is already terrible, Def is non-existent. She is designed to one-shot with magic and to tank mage attacks. Her skillset is reasonable, but she can be extremely fragile, and I'd believe even with her high Res she still dies to the Rein. Still, 65 possible attack with 4 debuff is nothing to look over. Flying Lilina?

Green > Colorless > Red > Blue - tough call, there's just these little things where they stand out from the others. I probably summon colorless for free and call quits.

5 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

So much for us saying it's Azura cosplay. From what I heard Valla clothing is based off of Indian culture

There were a lot of Indian (and Chinese) referances in the original Japanese in both desing and naming scheme, which the localization scrubbed out for the most part. 

22 hours ago, XRay said:

I like Camilla's curves and her doting personality. While I am not always vocal about my love for fan service, I do not feel I have to ever hide my love for it either. If there people who dislike that you like something that they dislike, just ignore them and find a crowd that can connect with you.

In my opinion, there are far more important things to be feel bad about in life than one's hobby.

That is just the internet being the internet. I made Lucina my waifu because of who she is, and I think most of my friends in real life who played Awakening did the same.

Can't help it, this is community that makes you feel bad about enjoying anything really. I appreciate the advice but I'm long pass that.

19 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Persona, Persona franchise in a whole has big theme about butterflies (because it's a form of the big good) , when P4 specifcially is big about fog, and people's desire to escape bitter reality is also a  big theme , the  true final boss even asked "Why? Why do you fight back? Don't mankind prefer pleasant illusion over the bitter reality?" 

The only thing Persona 1 and 2 fans get for the 20th anniversary is one poster, and compared to that, older FE fans already got so much.

More or less why I started with P4 & ended on P4. I don't need people telling me how over rated like they do with FF7 & Awakening.

19 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Ah makes sense. I remember talk of people being disappointed that 1 and 2 don't seem to be included in anything (like PQ, etc). I have played some of the Personas, including 2, but I'm not the biggest fan so a bit out of the loop. I'm more into SMT :)

I wonder how many people even know about SMT even with that Dante meme.

19 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Sucks, though. I know FE isn't that bad, but sometimes it's hard to be a fan of certain games and feel like they get nearly nothing in comparison to the shiny new ones >.<

After the Binding Blade banner, would you happy if you got nothing but the Kaga & GBA era banner? Other than a hand full of Fates characters & few of Awakening, I don't need anymore 3DS era banners.

19 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Oh yeah, I guess I should say what I think about the banner. I'm mostly indifferent. It has things I like: Mikoto, M!Corrin as a Dragon, Camilla in a pretty dress.

But I can't say I really enjoy it when there are also things I dislike. Like, why is F!Corrin still a Dragon? Give her the damn Omega Yato IS!!!! Why 4 alts? This is too much, and depending on how you see it Mikoto is an alt too. And as much as I love Camilla, this is really bad timing. This will hurt her chances for CYL3 a lot...

I guess Micaiah has already won, unless IS manages to make people mad at her too. They still have 2 months to do that.

Also, another Fates banner, another disappointment over Axe!Charlotte. She's never coming...

I somewhat echo these sentiments.

There was never going to be a good timing for anything related to Camilla ever. And people are going to crap Micaiah because she's always been a controversial apparently.

18 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Last time I checked, the numbers were close enough that the difference is statistically insignificant. Exactly which videos are you referring to?

Eirika: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHXkGsXZlTI

Y!Tiki: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6B0g-BfqtM

Hector: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDWhCQLvpzQ

So feel free to tell I'm doing my math wrong, because they both have more dislikes than Hector does.

18 hours ago, Othin said:

Personally, I wouldn't find any of the alts particularly troublesome in a vacuum, what really bugs me is the combination of them all together blocking out new characters. Also the timing. I was open to the idea of a Birthright banner this month to add Selkie and Kaden as part of Book 3 beasts, but any other Fates right now is just silly.

Mikoto is a good addition, and some sort of dragon m!Corrin makes perfect sense to add. And I certainly wouldn't complain about a seasonal banner along these lines. But a New Heroes banner should have more new characters than this.

There was never going an appropriate timing period. Lucina didn't get alt for nearly 10 months & now she's one of the most hated character now because of it. 

15 hours ago, Astellius said:

I actually really like the art for this banner, and I don't really have a hangup about alts, so the main downside for me is that I spent all my orbs on the Legendary Banner. Still no S. Tana. Oh well! That's just how it goes sometimes.

Still, reading through the salt can be amusing...

I think we're in the minority here! But, yeah, the art is really nice, although I do think m!Corrin cosplaying as Azura is a bit strange looking.

They do look quite nice! I'll probably do what little pulling I can in hopes of grabbing either of those.

I agree! I like it when people are unabashed fans of the characters they like, even when the community around them tends not to be so fond of the character. Of course, there's also the benefit of Camilla being an IS favorite, since now she's up to 5 alts. Meanwhile, Minerva and the Whitewings only have Spring Catria as an alt. But, as is the theme in this banner, one can dream!

Peri happens to be one of my favorite characters from Fates. I know how that tends to go!

What are you talking about? The art is consider the part of this banner besides Mikoto.

Also nice to see a fellow Peri fan.

15 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Ha, yeah, the track record of previous months banners compared to this one definitely feels like a relapse of some kind. I guess you could say Owain is an alt of Odin, but let's not bully Fates/Awakening any more than necessary.

Yea, because no Fire Emblem fan ever stop crapping on the 3DS era than the necessary quota.

14 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Yup.  Did you know we have 4 Xanders and 4 Takumi?  Oh yeah and none of those are CYL, so really IS is responsible for the same amount of versions of those characters as Lyn and Lucina.  However was there even one complaint about them?  Can't recall, no one cared.  I'd like to also point out another bias is in old vs new characters, the 3rd Hector was complained about a lot even though one of his versions is CYL.  Hey he's from a pre 3ds game though so those aren't allowed alts I guess.  

Now the problem is with female characters it isn't just the number of alts that are complained about, it goes into character bashing as well as bashing people who like the character.  There is a lot of discussion as to 'is this character worthy'.  I mean just with Legendary Eirika the main character of FE8, even moreso than Ephraim who did get a legendary version, there was a big thing about her being dumb naive and not doing anything legendary.  However with Ryoma who is just one of the many royals in the game, not a main character, who didn't do any legendary feats there was not a single comment of his 'worthiness'.  There was no character bashing either.  There is no equivalent as to what Camilla gets or was it Kagero with 'walking sack of tits' ever thrown towards any male character.  Oh yeah Kagero, remember all the complaints about her getting her 3rd version, oh why does this bland insignificant character get another alt?  So yeah definitely a ton of bias going on which is pretty disgusting. 

Yes, this is why I don't consider myself a Fire Emblem fan anymore.

14 hours ago, Hilda said:

I dont mind alts for seaonsals (even though some are getting way to many), but if you got 3 alts for a seasonal and then get another alt on a regular banner thats just lazy and clear sign that they want to "milk" money.

A gacha trying to milk money. Who could've know they would do such a dastardly thing?

9 hours ago, XRay said:

I just had a really disturbing thought. You remember Garon moaning over his step daughter dancing? I get a feeling that people will update the meme with him doing that over loli Azura.

Oh damn it, you're probably right about that.

9 hours ago, Azuris said:

I am new here and my opinion probably won't count as much, but

I have to second this. Alkaid staying calm and supporting his favorite character, despite all the shit thrown at her, is really commendable.

I actually feared, that he will get bashed and insulted from all sides for this. Not only wasn't that the case, but he even got a positive reply. That was a pleasant surprise, thank you for that, Motendra.

I'm really shy even in an internet forum, but seeing this positivity and that there are people that are genuinely happy with the banner, made me smile. In addition to eclipse, giving her best to keep everything civil here, which I greatly appreciate, I decided to finally create an account here, maybe only to get that off me.

But as I'm here now, might as well give my opinion on that banner.

None of the characters or skills are something I feel I need to absolutely have right now. This, coupled with the fact that I try to avoid 4 unit focus banners, makes it an easy skip.
But that's fine, as I will have more orbs when something I want gets released or returns. I just hope something gets demoted this time, because we had so many banners without demotes lately.

I am glad about the TT Azura though. Azura is one of my favorites and while I don't think we need another alt for her, I'll take it.
Yet I do agree with the people saying it would have been a great opportunity for Arete and would even trade the new Azura for her. I am especially curious what they would do for her art, because I don't remember there being a lot of art for her.

So I wish everyone that likes that banner the best of luck, may you all get what you hope for.

For everyone else, I hope you get something soon, that you can use the orbs you save here on. And don't let that banner ruin your day, that's not worth it.

Glad someone is happy. Also welcome, hope your experience is better than mine.

9 hours ago, Book Bro said:

Everyone freaking out about Camilla getting a fifth alt and we don't even have the inevitable Brave and Legendary versions yet. It's gonna be real bad once that happens, isn't it?

This community will certainly make it their personal mission.

8 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Wait, what's the first GHB?

Really hope they have Arete as an unannounced GHB- have we ever gotten a New Heroes banner this year without a new GHB to go along with them? Besides the special new heroes banners like Muspell/Brave Heroes/Brave Redux?

Also I have to say, I like Camilla's golden horns/crown thing. It really goes well with the purple hair and white dress, I really like the outfit overall and I think it's her best one.

Is it weird that every time I read your post I hear it in Anthony Del Rio's voice?

4 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Image_11080027.png

Aurora Borealis! At this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the country, localized entirely within your Aether Keep!

https://youtu.be/Y4lnZr022M8?t=143

Mikoto's stats are interesting. My current infantry Staff unit is Lucius, which only has higher Res compared to Mikoto. If Mikoto gets demoted, I will invest on her! I already have a C Duel Infantry ready for her, if she gets demoted. If not, the Duel Skill will goes to Lucius.

I hope to get a +Atk, +Spd, or a +Res Mikoto someday, and I will target -Def for her bane. Even a -HP, which is a super bane, will works for her.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

@Zangetsu

I'm a fan of all the games - new and old. What I want is new characters. I'm someone who would love to see all the playable characters and many of the major villains make it in, even though I know it's not feasible (unless they finally decide to add 3-4*). I would like to see the other Fates and Awakening characters added... but I don't want to see banners like this - 'New' Heroes with only one original character and all the others not only being alts, but already having at least one other alt themselves >.<

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

So Loli Azura after all. What a strange, strange banner. 

Now everything makes sense: This Azura is the Azura in her dreams, the old pure one. Camilla makes sense more than Arete now. When she arrived in Nohr, she wanted to interact with Camilla, but Camilla's mother said no. She dreamed to have her as her big sister.

Spoiler

Mikoto was a great mother for her, and Arete wasn't (because of Anankos) and because she died, leading Azura to never smile again, so Mikoto is justified too.

7 hours ago, Coolmanio said:

Hide contents

Mage Dancer.

OOOOHHHH!!! She looks so precious!

Actually Camilla makes a lot of sense for this banner, she’s meant to be Mikoto’s counterpart. The descriptions for the characters implies that the characters are all dreams of Azura, die to her wanting to escape the bullying she suffered in Nohr. So her having dreamed up a Nohrian sister dedicated to her makes sense. She’s Azura’s mother in Nohr, making Camilla a counterpart to Mikoto, Azura’s mother in Hoshido.