New Heroes Appear: Adrift (November 9 ~)

Coolmanio

4 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Actually Camilla makes a lot of sense for this banner, she’s meant to be Mikoto’s counterpart. The descriptions for the characters implies that the characters are all dreams of Azura, die to her wanting to escape the bullying she suffered in Nohr. So her having dreamed up a Nohrian sister dedicated to her makes sense. She’s Azura’s mother in Nohr, making Camilla a counterpart to Mikoto, Azura’s mother in Hoshido.

Finally someone sees the symbolism. 

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Actually Camilla makes a lot of sense for this banner, she’s meant to be Mikoto’s counterpart. The descriptions for the characters implies that the characters are all dreams of Azura, die to her wanting to escape the bullying she suffered in Nohr. So her having dreamed up a Nohrian sister dedicated to her makes sense. She’s Azura’s mother in Nohr, making Camilla a counterpart to Mikoto, Azura’s mother in Hoshido.

How is Camilla Azura's mother in Nohr when Camilla's own mother forbade Camilla from ever interacting with Azura? If they had no interaction I can't see how that could be the case unless Azura saw how Camilla doted on the others post-Concubine War and pre-Azura's Kidnapping and decided Camilla would be the best fit for such a role.

Azura is so adorable. I am glad she is free, because otherwise I might have skipped her for now.

10 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Can't help it, this is community that makes you feel bad about enjoying anything really. I appreciate the advice but I'm long pass that.

I read this forum for some time before finally getting myself to create an account, and I remember you mentioning, you came here very optimistic, enjoying Fire Emblem, but this community turned you bitter and you even renounced your status as a Fire Emblem fan. I can't help but find that quite tragic.

Glad someone is happy. Also welcome, hope your experience is better than mine.

Thank you! But do you know what would make me even more happy? If you could get your positive outlook and hope back. In the end we are all here, because we enjoy Fire Emblem and can discuss and help each other, so the Fire Emblem experience gets better for everyone. I don't think, it is too late for you to have a good experience here.

This community will certainly make it their personal mission.

Are you sure? I can promise you, I certainly won't. Not with this character or any other. And maybe the community will pleasantly surprise you.

11 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Yea, because no Fire Emblem fan ever stop crapping on the 3DS era than the necessary quota.

I did enjoy Awakening pretty much, but I also played some older ones. I would like the over representation of the first two 3DS ones to be toned down though. This is one of mostly alts of Fates, and most seasonals have at least two of these games, Fates specially. Hell, considering how Smash brought the franchise, I’d expected more Archaneia, Elibe, and Tellius by now

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

How is Camilla Azura's mother in Nohr when Camilla's own mother forbade Camilla from ever interacting with Azura? If they had no interaction I can't see how that could be the case unless Azura saw how Camilla doted on the others post-Concubine War and pre-Azura's Kidnapping and decided Camilla would be the best fit for such a role.

This version of Azura comes from an alternate version of Fateslandia where different things happened, it seems. The in-game character descriptions for the characters on this banner are... interesting.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

This version of Azura comes from an alternate version of Fateslandia where different things happened, it seems. The in-game character descriptions for the characters on this banner are... interesting.

Her quotes are also very un-Camilla like. She is still doting, but in a very modest/normal way. She is like the opposite of regular Camilla.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Her quotes are also very un-Camilla like. She is still doting, but in a very modest/normal way. She is like the opposite of regular Camilla.

Yeah, her English and JP voices sound less sexy, and more concern about Azura. Maybe this is now kid Azura sees Camilla in the dream world?

26 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

Yeah, her English and JP voices sound less sexy, and more concern about Azura. Maybe this is now kid Azura sees Camilla in the dream world?

Yeah. I wonder if normal Camilla was like this too in the past, but then she got more intimate as she met Corrin or grew older.

13 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

@Zangetsu

I'm a fan of all the games - new and old. What I want is new characters. I'm someone who would love to see all the playable characters and many of the major villains make it in, even though I know it's not feasible (unless they finally decide to add 3-4*). I would like to see the other Fates and Awakening characters added... but I don't want to see banners like this - 'New' Heroes with only one original character and all the others not only being alts, but already having at least one other alt themselves >.<

See, I get that. Hell, I still don't know why they don't just advertise as "New Seasonal/Alt Banner" instead. There's a lot of hopeful people out there that just get crush every time it's not their character being in the game.

9 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Wow, I didn't even think about that. All this Camilla hate made me forget a pivotal aspect of Camilla.

2 hours ago, Midnox said:

I did enjoy Awakening pretty much, but I also played some older ones. I would like the over representation of the first two 3DS ones to be toned down though. This is one of mostly alts of Fates, and most seasonals have at least two of these games, Fates specially. Hell, considering how Smash brought the franchise, I’d expected more Archaneia, Elibe, and Tellius by now

I can empathize if not sympathize with this sentiment. It doesn't detract the complaint & it is valid one at that, but I do get tire of hearing the same complaint. I don't even know why it's took nearly 2 years to release another Tellius or Binding Blade banner, yet here we are. That being said, until tells me why a valid reason Seliph & Leif having 4 more alts is a bad thing I'm never going to hate any alts banner either.

2 hours ago, Azuris said:

I read this forum for some time before finally getting myself to create an account, and I remember you mentioning, you came here very optimistic, enjoying Fire Emblem, but this community turned you bitter and you even renounced your status as a Fire Emblem fan. I can't help but find that quite tragic.

As eerie & flattering as that is, I was never optimistic guy to begin with. If  there's anything you should know about me I've always been cynical & bitter about a lot of things. And when you have a community that keeps giving you crap about things you like it's hard to interact with any of them.

Thank you! But do you know what would make me even more happy? If you could get your positive outlook and hope back. In the end we are all here, because we enjoy Fire Emblem and can discuss and help each other, so the Fire Emblem experience gets better for everyone. I don't think, it is too late for you to have a good experience here.

I admire any person who can "see the glass half full" but that just not me, I never had that begin with. I never had any positive experience when it comes any community not just Fire Emblem.

Are you sure? I can promise you, I certainly won't. Not with this character or any other. And maybe the community will pleasantly surprise you.

I want 100% clear, I'm talking about the Fire Emblem community as a whole not Serene Forest. I've met a lot of decent people here that's been helping me with the game & Serene Forest is eons better than most forums I've been to. I just don't faith in the community as a whole. Not that I ever had any to begin with.

10 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

As eerie & flattering as that is, I was never optimistic guy to begin with. If  there's anything you should know about me I've always been cynical & bitter about a lot of things. And when you have a community that keeps giving you crap about things you like it's hard to interact with any of them.

honestly same though. This is something I hate about the FE community is that you can't say one good thing about fates or awakening without getting hounded. I mean they're not the best FE games out there but they still have good things about them that people can enjoy. Thankfully most people on serenesforest aren't really like that and I've had many a good conversation with the people here but man you jump onto other FE forums or youtube and it's a shitshow. eh what can you do.

49 minutes ago, Otts486 said:

honestly same though. This is something I hate about the FE community is that you can't say one good thing about fates or awakening without getting hounded. I mean they're not the best FE games out there but they still have good things about them that people can enjoy. Thankfully most people on serenesforest aren't really like that and I've had many a good conversation with the people here but man you jump onto other FE forums or youtube and it's a shitshow. eh what can you do.

Well I think it's because you have a lot of people who blindly like both games, without recognizing the many flaws. I personally hated Fates because it's absolute trash, and sometimes I find people reaching REALLY hard to justify the game, instead of just admitting the flaws and still pointing out things they like.

Same with Awakening (which I loved!), and I see the same sorta blind defense of the entire game, which imo is kinda silly because it also had flaws. I think people (on both ends) get so personally offended that people can have differences of opinions that they take one or the other extreme side, which I agree with you, sucks.

Though, on topic, I do really appreciate the idea that it's all from a dream standpoint and it makes it a little creepier almost which I love. But the whole thing seems really thought out, so I'm excited to see the paralogue and how they write it (probably not going to be amazing, but hopefully it's something!)

8 minutes ago, Sunsurge said:

Well I think it's because you have a lot of people who blindly like both games, without recognizing the many flaws. I personally hated Fates because it's absolute trash, and sometimes I find people reaching REALLY hard to justify the game, instead of just admitting the flaws and still pointing out things they like.

I completely agree with this. In every franchise of any game there's always the overzealous fans that will never admit that their games have flaws and will try to bash all the other games.

I'm currently playing awakening for the first time, even when I had a lot of problems with the direction that they took with the new 3DS games, and I have to admit that if I ignore all the problematic topics, the game is actually good. 

So, what I really recommend to the people that are getting annoyed by the constant bashing of the new games is to try to ignore those comments, just read the first sentence and if there is hate, just jump to the next post. You can even remember certain users and just ignore all of their comments.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

That’s the worst part about Camilla, and my beef with her. Had that been the direction they would have taken with her from the start, or at least with the fanservice toned down, I wouldn’t mind her support in CYL

2 minutes ago, Midnox said:

That’s the worst part about Camilla, and my beef with her. Had that been the direction they would have taken with her from the start, or at least with the fanservice toned down, I wouldn’t mind her support in CYL

I guess everyone is different. I personally prefer her regular personality more.

42 minutes ago, XRay said:

I guess everyone is different. I personally prefer her regular personality more.

I like both, but i'm those people who think canon is better unless the spin off/alt /fanwork is so greatly better, so I'll take canon her. Back in 2016-2017 I actually don't find problem with her doting - in the fanservicey way, personality. What annoys me is that she's more doting on Corrin than to her actual siblings  , if she smother her actual siblings the same way she treats corrin I wouldn't find any problem with it because it makes sense, she's broken because the concubine war , but now I think back about it and it's more dev's problem than her problem to let her smother her actual siblings. 

3 hours ago, Sunsurge said:

Though, on topic, I do really appreciate the idea that it's all from a dream standpoint and it makes it a little creepier almost which I love. But the whole thing seems really thought out, so I'm excited to see the paralogue and how they write it (probably not going to be amazing, but hopefully it's something!)

Guys wait. I'm having an Off-Topic thought.

On that day, the Light died...

And Sharena's crying...

...Book 3 will all turn out to be just a nightmare had by Sharena. During Adrift, Dream Alphonse realizes what's going on, but he's captured/killed before he can tell Sharena to wake up. You must help Sharena as she slowly sinks deeper into the nightmare, trying desperately to wake her, only for her to watch as you, too, are cut down by Loki. Right as she herself is about to die, she wakes...

...only for it to happen all over again.

...Shut up, I'm tired.

This made think, what if Mikoto was Camilla’s rival instead of Hinoka? It feels much more fitting ina way. Corrin’s birth mother and the mother who raised Corrin. I mean Camilla was the closest thing Corrin had to a mother in Nohr. 

I might make a thread about this later.

57 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

So Loki might not just be a dragon but the Askrian dragon. This banner she says she knows more about Askr's special power than Askr itself does.

Maybe a child of the Askrian dragon. Sibling of that person who was mentioned in the Aether Raids dialogue

7 hours ago, XRay said:

Same as you! I'm hoping this time she will win cyl3. I don't know for the first cyl, because I did not have voted, but for cyl2 they were too many people who voted AGAINST her and not voted for their favorite character, and I find it sad.

1 hour ago, Drakhis said:

Same as you! I'm hoping this time she will win cyl3. I don't know for the first cyl, because I did not have voted, but for cyl2 they were too many people who voted AGAINST her and not voted for their favorite character, and I find it sad.

Not to start another war, but why? She already has 5 variants, two of them in the regular pool; what more could you ask for? Not to mention her winning now would just make the hate worse.

1 hour ago, Drakhis said:

definitly not. She has allready 5 characters. Just look what happened to Eirika in the last CYL. There is a higher chance for Alfonse or Sharena to win CYL then for Camilla from my point of view. you can thank IS for including Camilla in this Banner.

I am definitly not voting for Camilla on the next CYL there are more deserving characters. And if we go by CYL Veronica, i am rather excited to vote for her Brother Bruno and watch how he turns out as a CYL unit.

Edited by Hilda

I've never been a fan of actively rooting against a character unless that character failing ensures your most desirable character gets the spot. I was not so much rooting against Ephraim as I was rooting for Alm.

But with Camilla we would have a pretty unique situation if she wins. It means a character who already has tons of alts would get yet another one. I like Camilla but five versions of her is already far more than she or any character deserves and a sixth would just be too much. I wouldn't be voting against her because I'd rather vote for who I like but I'd definitely root against her to avoid yet another Camilla alt. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Not only did they introduce 3 Alts in a single banner, 2 of them have Gen 1 Armor BST? Are you kidding me?
How is it okay that this Corrin(F) 100% powercreeps Kana(F)? She wasn't even released that long ago, she is a Gen 2 Infantry unit and we've already hit Gen 3 BST.

This is disgusting.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Not to start another war, but why? She already has 5 variants, two of them in the regular pool; what more could you ask for? Not to mention her winning now would just make the hate worse.

Do you think her fans care? If this thread showed anything, they want even more alts of her and every opposition must be silenced.
This is how diversity dies ... with thunderous applause.

@Alkaid nothing personal, buddy.

Edited by The Priest