New Heroes Appear: Adrift (November 9 ~)

Coolmanio

4 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Not only did they introduce 3 Alts in a single banner, 2 of them have Gen 1 Armor BST? Are you kidding me?
How is it okay that this Corrin(F) 100% powercreeps Kana(F)? She wasn't even released that long ago, she is a Gen 2 Infantry unit and we've already hit Gen 3 BST.

This is disgusting.

Do you think her fans care? If this thread showed anything, they want even more alts of her and every opposition must be silenced.
This is how diversity dies ... with thunderous applause.

@Alkaid nothing against you, buddy.

Apparently trainee BST because low lvl 1 stats, but still bullshit

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

So Loki might not just be a dragon but the Askrian dragon. This banner she says she knows more about Askr's special power than Askr itself does.

All I know is that the whole talk of dreams really gave me some Final Fantasy X vibes.

This whole paralogue was a trip, I'll say that much.

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

definitly not. She has allready 5 characters. Just look what happened to Eirika in the last CYL.

I'm still salty about this. At least now she has a chance to get first place?

1 hour ago, The Priest said:

Do you think her fans care? If this thread showed anything, they want even more alts of her and every opposition must be silenced.

Harsh, but...I see what you mean. Something I've seen, both here and on reddit, is that Camilla fans can be pretty tone deaf when it comes to her. Not only does she have five versions, they all have different weapons and playstyles, so you can't even use "we want variety" as a reason to want more (compare this to Celica or Eirika who are all Red). 

And I may as well get it off my chest: while you're free to like who you like, I get upset whenever I see someone say they only like Camilla for her looks - and it's this more than anything that really bugs me about her placing third in both CYLs thus far (same goes for the other fanservice character designs over the past few years).

Edited by DefyingFates

2 minutes ago, Smog said:

So how good is Mikoto in battle? Has anyone trained her yet?

I doubt that she will be good as in a Veronica or Elise level, but is she decent as many other healers. 

Probably at Nanna/Ethlyn/Clarine/ Priscilla level because of her offensive stats making up for not being a horse healer. She's basically Maribelle statwise, but with actual bulk

You know, up until the end, I was a big fan of the story in this chapter. It actually made Loki seem conniving and malevolent instead of flighty, and I liked the eerie atmosphere. The ending was a bit "everything's okay because I'm you from the future" but I suppose that's what happens when you have a grand total of about a page in which to write a story.

My only kind of concern is the whole talk of death will just be Loki is doing all this so she can be immortal and screw with people for eternity. I know it's mostly personal preference, but it'd be more interesting to me if it were something more philosophical, like the transience of life.

2 hours ago, The Priest said:

Not only did they introduce 3 Alts in a single banner, 2 of them have Gen 1 Armor BST? Are you kidding me?
How is it okay that this Corrin(F) 100% powercreeps Kana(F)? She wasn't even released that long ago, she is a Gen 2 Infantry unit and we've already hit Gen 3 BST.

This is disgusting.

@Alkaid nothing personal, buddy.

I don't want diversity to die, never said that. It's just that I want to have a brave version for her because it will show that she deserved that alt. You can hate Camilla and I'm okay with it, I'm saying it every time. I just don't want people to complain ALL THE TIME. I will vote for Idunn or Lilith if Camilla can't win.

You're really pessimistic, aren't you? And you're saying something false, it's this kind of thing that I don't like. :

2 hours ago, The Priest said:

Yes, I want ONE more alt for her because this alt is a trophy. We don't want to silence opposition, I will say the same thing for every character. Diversity will not be killed because of that.

4 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Not to start another war, but why? She already has 5 variants, two of them in the regular pool; what more could you ask for? Not to mention her winning now would just make the hate worse.

Like I said it's because this alt, in particular, is a trophy in my opinion. I want her brave version for that, and if it happens I will stop to try to stop the hate if there is another alt for her after, because 7 alts will cause a war. If she wins it will prove that she's popular enough and deserved all of her alts (winning with 5 version of you is a great proof). More than that, I think that she will be at the top of every Cyl if she doesn't win, and you will get more alt of her in that case.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

is that Camilla fans can be pretty tone deaf when it comes to her.

I think that this is because even with 2 alts people complain about her because in their mind it's just her body that makes it and nothing else. In my opinion, it's not because Kagero, Orochi or even the more fan service character of all (Her design) Charlotte aren't that popular. People complain too much about Camilla, more than Xander when they had the same alts number.

Edited by Drakhis

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I've never been a fan of actively rooting against a character unless that character failing ensures your most desirable character gets the spot. I was not so much rooting against Ephraim as I was rooting for Alm.

But with Camilla we would have a pretty unique situation if she wins. It means a character who already has tons of alts would get yet another one. I like Camilla but five versions of her is already far more than she or any character deserves and a sixth would just be too much. I wouldn't be voting against her because I'd rather vote for who I like but I'd definitely root against her to avoid yet another Camilla alt. 

If Ephraim were to lose, Marth would be the winner, not Alm. 

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

I'm still salty about this. At least now she has a chance to get first place?

Harsh, but...I see what you mean. Something I've seen, both here and on reddit, is that Camilla fans can be pretty tone deaf when it comes to her. Not only does she have five versions, they all have different weapons and playstyles, so you can't even use "we want variety" as a reason to want more (compare this to Celica or Eirika who are all Red). 

And I may as well get it off my chest: while you're free to like who you like, I get upset whenever I see someone say they only like Camilla for her looks - and it's this more than anything that really bugs me about her placing third in both CYLs thus far (same goes for the other fanservice character designs over the past few years).

I think Eirika fans are more likely to be fans of the older games compared to Camilla fans who are more likely to be fan of the newer games. Since Camilla's game is doing well in terms of representation, I doubt they'd care too much about representation of past games which they have little to no experience with so they probably don't mind her alts and may actually want more. Eirika fans, on the other hand, might be concerned about the lack of characters from older games so they might end up voting for some niche choices to make it possible to add some more characters from the older games instead. 

2 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

If Ephraim were to lose, Marth would be the winner, not Alm. 

I think Eirika fans are more likely to be fans of the older games compared to Camilla fans who are more likely to be fan of the newer games. Since Camilla's game is doing well in terms of representation, I doubt they'd care too much about representation of past games which they have little to no experience with so they probably don't mind her alts and may actually want more. Eirika fans, on the other hand, might be concerned about the lack of characters from older games so they might end up voting for some niche choices to make it possible to add some more characters from the older games instead. 

I love Camilla, but I know that there are many characters from older games that I want. Like I said I want Idunn, some Laguz, Brigid, and Linoan. And both Kris. I didn't vote for Camilla (Or one time I think) but rather for Oc and Beast units.

I finished the paralogue, but still have no idea how young azura and normal azura fit in to all this. and if Loki was somehow related to the Akirian dragon(sorry for botching the names) why did she try and help Surtr. I think the real mystery is why did things take a dark turn in this game.

3 hours ago, The Priest said:

@Alkaid nothing personal, buddy.

Now that part I have to disagree with. People can dislike her, her alts and whatever they want and are free to discuss that. What's gone on in this thread is talking how about nasty and caustic people can get over these alts to the point the community can become an unwelcome environment for people who do like those things. "If you don't agree alts stink then you're a problem." There's more silencing of the opposition in community in that respect than the other way around. As I've mentioned, outside of Serenes's relative civility you're likely to be told to fuck off and die for the most part if you don't hate this banner, and I'm not exaggerating. And even here you've seen the replies to me basically saying "I'm surprised and glad nobody's personally attacked you for your opinion yet," because it's pretty much expected from the fanbase lately.

I think it's important to remember nobody's knocking on IS's door about putting in more alts of any character, but it's unfair to shame anyone who enjoys the pandering IS may be providing them. When we got Lyn #5 I similarly held no malice for anybody enjoying more of their favorite character, while the community's reaction almost wanted to drive Lyn fans out of town since them making her popular and causing IS to pander to their demographic was "ruining the game." That issue has often applied to Awakening/Fates as a whole when it comes to this game too. It's partly just how popularity works, and it seems people get awfully spiteful about it or aim their dissatisfaction about that at the wrong place. That's why I said previously there's a feedback button if people dislike this situation so much, even if it's not guaranteed that will change anything. Not to silence anyone, but that's a productive means of complaining.

I personally hope they DO add more variety, and even for Fates itself I've got a lot of characters left I'm still wishing would get in. I could say these alts are keeping me from Charlotte, Benny, Mozu, etc. as well. But yes, I will also be happy and enjoy getting more versions of my favorites if that's what they choose to do too. If it makes anyone feel any better, I got my new Camilla in 15 orbs, so I didn't end up needing to spend money to "support this practice" anyway.

Edited by Alkaid

41 minutes ago, TheWildestCat said:

I finished the paralogue, but still have no idea how young azura and normal azura fit in to all this. and if Loki was somehow related to the Akirian dragon(sorry for botching the names) why did she try and help Surtr. I think the real mystery is why did things take a dark turn in this game.

My take is, This is the Young Azura that was ignored and miserable in Nohr before she was taken to Hoshido. This is her dream of having friends and being cared for. Camilla is the closest thing Azura has to a Nohrian mother, especially since I think Arete died at this point. Why else would Camilla talk so motherly and not suggestive in her conversations? Mikoto and the Corrins she obviously knows from Valla, and are also very important to her. I'm pretty sure Loki wants to get to Anankos for some reason, we simply don't know much about Loki or her motivations yet, I think we will learn more about her in Book 3. The Askr heroes and Adult Azura somehow went into Young Azura's dreams, and Adult Azura was able to tell Young azura that it was going to be okay.

I feel like I worded all that HORRIBLY. Anyway this is one of the better paralogue stories yet in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Jingle Bells said:

I know Loki is a villain but manipulating a vulnerable young Azura is scummy. I wonder what's her endgame?

In defense of the choice, it is pretty in character. She basically spent all of book 1 doing that with Veronica.

29 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

You're really pessimistic, aren't you? And you're saying something false, it's this kind of thing that I don't like. :

You're the perfect specimen of what I just described.

It's just that I want to have a brave version for her because it will show that she deserved that alt.

Yes, I want ONE more alt for her because this alt is a trophy.

This is the one of the most ridicilous things I have heard so far. Do you even understand how ungrateful this sounds? And you blame others to be just that?

Consider this: Camilla reaches Top 10 in both pools but it just so happens that some other people are more popular and she ends up short (doesn't even reach Top 5 in overall votes). So clearly there are characters that have a bigger claim on this privilege, right?
Yet most of these people have at best 3 variants. Meanwhile Camilla got 5 different versions and 2 each per year. Celica, Hector and Ephraim got all of their alts only this year in comparision. That's an absurd ratio right here.
So certainly someone is not listening to the masses and the whole topic of deserving alts based on popularity is already ridicilous.

I just don't want people to complain ALL THE TIME.

You really think you have the moral high ground here because me and others are complaining? Give me a break.
People have expectations and if they are dragged down into the dirt like this telling to them to shut up and accept it is one of the most self-righteous things I have ever heard.

I want to make 1 thing clear. If this banner had another Lucina, Lyn or Xander Alt I would have spewn fire either way. This alt pandering from IS has gone past stupid and the most insulting part here is that this pollutes the summoning pool with 3! more alts. If they at least would be seasonal I would have just shrugged it off but that isn't the case.

When it comes to Carmilla I don't care either way. Whatever personality and character traits she has doesn't matter if people start thinking with their groins and that's what makes people pullng their wallet. That's an unfortunate fact.
Besides your kids in puberty (I mean all of you, not only the Camilla fans) haven't seen anything until you witness Raikou.

@Alkaid
It's one thing to enjoy the alt despite getting heavy flak from it. But I have problem with people who try to shove their bliss into my face when I'm clearly being bothered by it. Your kin here pretty much tells every critic to shut up and it has the complete opposite effect on them. It just incites people to hate your group even more and do you want that?
Compared to him your posts don't bother me at any way, so clearly something must be wrong here.

The way things going I wouldn't be surprised if most of the old fans just abandon the boat because especially this year the Fates pandering has reached a new level and the fact this banner has only 1 original character only makes it worse. I'm pretty sure the backlash would've been much less now and for the future if they kept the track record with no alts (or regular Charlotte) but of course IS always messes up something.
Expecting us to wait until March is a tall order after this slap in the face.

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

I got my new Camilla

Cool. I wonder what her best builds are with her tome. She could actually even run CC with her tome and Atk Ploy, but I'm thinking owltome might be better for this playstyle with a defensive refinement as it also adds some hp and defense. Bladetome might be the best weapon for flier mages, but still curious at what else she can do

9 minutes ago, The Priest said:

This is the one of the most ridicilous things I have heard so far. Do you even understand how ungrateful this sounds? And you blame others to be just that?

Consider this: Camilla reaches Top 10 in both pools but it just so happens that some other people are more popular and she ends up short (doesn't even reach Top 5 in overall votes). So clearly there are characters that have a bigger claim on this privilege, right?
Yet most of these people have at best 3 variants. Meanwhile Camilla got 5 different versions and 2 each per year. Celica, Hector and Ephraim got all of their alts only this year in comparision. That's an absurd ratio right here.
So certainly someone is not listening to the masses and the whole topic of deserving alts based on popularity is already ridicilous.

You really think you have the moral high ground here because me and others are complaining? Give me a break.
People have expectations and if they are dragged down into the dirt like this telling to them to shut up and accept it is one of the most self-righteous things I have ever heard.

I want to make 1 thing clear. If this banner had another Lucina, Lyn or Xander Alt I would have spewn fire either way. This alt pandering from IS has gone past stupid and the most insulting part here is that this pollutes the summoning pool with 3! more alts. If they at least would be seasonal I would have just shrugged it off but that isn't the case.

When it comes to Carmilla I don't care either way. Whatever personality and character traits she has doesn't matter if people start thinking with their groins and that's what makes people pullng their wallet. That's an unfortunate fact.
Besides your kids in puberty (I mean all of you, not only the Camilla fans) haven't seen anything until you witness Raikou.

@Alkaid
It's one thing to enjoy the alt despite getting heavy flak from it. But I have problem with people who try to shove their bliss into my face when I'm clearly being bothered by it. Your kin here pretty much tells every critic to shut up and it has the complete opposite effect on them. It just incites people to hate your group even more and do you want that?
Compared to him your posts don't bother me at any way, so clearly something must be wrong here.

The way things going I wouldn't be surprised if most of the old fans just abandon the boat because especially this year the Fates pandering has reached a new level and the fact this banner has only 1 original character only makes it worse. I'm pretty sure the backlash would've been much less now and for the future if they kept the track record with no alts (or regular Charlotte) but of course IS always messes up something.

I'm not going to answer every time, because I find it very childish, some I'm doing it for the last time:

10 minutes ago, The Priest said:

You're still wrong for this: "every opposition must be silenced." The only thing you're right is that I want ONE more alt, and just one, so you're not really right on this too.

13 minutes ago, The Priest said:

One : I blame nobody, so again you're lying. The only thing that I can blame is that you don't even try to understand the others, you see only your point of view, and don't want to be sympathetic.

Two: Ungrateful? You want me to be grateful to someone? I'm grateful for Is because I like this game and Serenes Forest because I like many people in this community. And I just want that people that said that she didn't deserve even one alts see that she's popular. A trophy isn't something bad in France, it's something great because it is a reward for the popularity of character here. So strictly the purpose of Cyl: They are the winner of a popularity poll. I don't know for English people sorry if it is something bad

20 minutes ago, The Priest said:

If this banner had another Lucina, Lyn or Xander Alt I would have spewn fire either way.

You're coherent, it's good, but others complain about female characters only, and they are many.

21 minutes ago, The Priest said:

No, I don't, I just want this place to stay at peace. A thing that you don't seems to want because you're really harsh with your answers

23 minutes ago, The Priest said:

I'm french so I don't understand this well, but if you want to know I'm an adult, and I don't see if it has something to do with the conversation. You can be a child and have something smart to say.

25 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Okay if you want. I'm okay with it. But I think you're taking my answers as an attack, and again I just want peace.

27 minutes ago, The Priest said:

It just incites people to hate your group even more and do you want that?

I think this is just you, sorry. I always have the same speech, and it's really not the case if you see it as what it is: You can be unhappy, you can say that you're not okay with this. Just don't say : "Camilla's fan are stupid" or that kind of thing. I respect your point of view, but you don't want to respect mine, okay. But please the thing I'm saying is that you're just making angry some Camilla's fan, and they can answer stupidly.

20 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

This version of Azura comes from an alternate version of Fateslandia where different things happened, it seems. The in-game character descriptions for the characters on this banner are... interesting.

After I read the descriptions, played the paralogue and everything you said about it's meaning, I'll say the banner became quite a bit more interesting as I would have thought.

I might actually try to get some of the units, if they return on a more favorable banner (or might even get demoted).

17 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

As eerie & flattering as that is, I was never optimistic guy to begin with. If  there's anything you should know about me I've always been cynical & bitter about a lot of things. And when you have a community that keeps giving you crap about things you like it's hard to interact with any of them.

OK, then I might have misremembered it. If that is how you are and not how you became through bad experiences, then it's fine and I don't need to be sad about it anymore.

I admire any person who can "see the glass half full" but that just not me, I never had that begin with.

I have no problem with that at all. Now I just hope, I didn't sound like I would rather have you force yourself to be optimistic, than just being yourself. That wasn't my intention at all.

I want 100% clear, I'm talking about the Fire Emblem community as a whole not Serene Forest.

I see. After you said you hope my experience here is better than yours, I assumed you were also talking about this site.

I've met a lot of decent people here that's been helping me with the game & Serene Forest is eons better than most forums I've been to.

That's good. Seeing it wasn't all bad for you makes me happy.

17 hours ago, Otts486 said:

honestly same though. This is something I hate about the FE community is that you can't say one good thing about fates or awakening without getting hounded. I mean they're not the best FE games out there but they still have good things about them that people can enjoy. Thankfully most people on serenesforest aren't really like that and I've had many a good conversation with the people here but man you jump onto other FE forums or youtube and it's a shitshow. eh what can you do.

Yes this is definitely something that shouldn't happen.

I started Fire Emblem back when Blazing Blade was released or just "Fire Emblem" as it was called here and Sacred Stones after, and it makes me still look back at these games fondly. I only had the handheld consoles, so no Tellius games for me, which means I only played Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates since then.

That is quite few games for all these years, so part of it may be just me being happy to get another Fire Emblem, but yes I enjoyed these games. The games had their flaws, but I still had fun and like quite a few of the characters.

That fun is something no one can take from me and nobody here should feel bad for enjoying these games.

16 hours ago, Sunsurge said:

Well I think it's because you have a lot of people who blindly like both games, without recognizing the many flaws. I personally hated Fates because it's absolute trash, and sometimes I find people reaching REALLY hard to justify the game, instead of just admitting the flaws and still pointing out things they like.

Same with Awakening (which I loved!), and I see the same sorta blind defense of the entire game, which imo is kinda silly because it also had flaws. I think people (on both ends) get so personally offended that people can have differences of opinions that they take one or the other extreme side, which I agree with you, sucks.

Yes, sadly these extreme cases are also so vocal about it, that it overshadows all the people in the middle, that have their own opinion but still respect other ones.

7 hours ago, Drakhis said:

Same as you! I'm hoping this time she will win cyl3. I don't know for the first cyl, because I did not have voted, but for cyl2 they were too many people who voted AGAINST her and not voted for their favorite character, and I find it sad.

I agree so much. I wasn't around at that time but I keep hearing about it.

This event is something that should make people happy. Everyone gets to vote which character they like and then we get to have the characters, that the majority should be happy with. Even if the character I want didn't make it, I can just be content knowing there are a lot of happy people out there now. Nothing against the people who really wanted Veronica, but that some may actually vote for a character they don't even care about just to disappoint others is something I just can't comprehend, no matter how hard I try.

In the end, we still got Camilla alts because the result showed the demand. And if we get another cyl and Camilla scores really high without winning again we will get even more because the demand would be still there. I don't think we need another Camilla, but if enough people do and she wins I'll accept that.

35 minutes ago, The Priest said:

No, THIS is one of the most ridiculous thing ever said. Do you understand that the Brave Alts are just consequences? They are what we get but the goal of CYL is to decide the most popular characters. We didn't even know what exactly we would have gotten during the first CYL and even if we know now it doesn't change the fact that this SHOULD be just a friendly competition. Asking people to not vote for their favorite in a friendly competition is absurd.

It's like when people complain about Tharja winning too many voting gauntlets. It's one thing to attack IS for not making a rule about no past winners partecipating again, it's another to demand people stop supporting who they want to support if the rules allow it. Hate the rules, don't hate the players.

I heard @Alkaid say that they are glad they got their Camilla without spending, so they didn't give IS the information that they wanted the new Camilla. WTF????

Have we reached the point of insanity? People must feel bad about how they spend their money now?

So what if there is a large portions of players who only spend for Camilla? What's wrong with liking only 1 character? I know a lot of DBZ fans that only love Vegeta. I have a friend that only picks Captain Falcon when we play Smash, and wouldn't play the game without him. This is a thing that always happened.

I repeat, hating IS is one thing, they are at fault if they choose to milk Camilla's fans more than it's necessary. But Camilla's fans aren't at fault for existing, they aren't at fault for supporting their favorite when they are asked "who do you support?" 

I think you are only saying this, because the wound of 4 alts is still hurting, but please count to ten before you say again to someone that they should "feel bad" for doing something they want to do and doesn't hurt anyone.

58 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

I'm not going to answer every time, because I find it very childish, some I'm doing it for the last time:

Funny because if I'm not mistaken you were the one who quoted me and started this discussion.

One : I blame nobody, so again you're lying. The only thing that I can blame is that you don't even try to understand the others, you see only your point of view, and don't want to be sympathetic.

You're still wrong for this: "every opposition must be silenced." The only thing you're right is that I want ONE more alt, and just one, so you're not really right on this too.

No, I don't, I just want this place to stay at peace. A thing that you don't seems to want because you're really harsh with your answers

Alright, I have heard enough of your assumptions.
Not only do you have the audacity to keep preaching your so-called pace, now you're putting words into my mouth. Just how entitled can you get?
Guess some Camilla fans aren't just deaf, no, they have to defend her like some white knight. You could have just ignored everyone who critizes her but, no, you just have to keep telling everyone to be quiet.

Never mind that you keep telling that Camilla will win CYL3. That's literally the best petrol to make the place burn even more. Do you even realize that?

I respect your point of view, but you don't want to respect mine, okay. But please the thing I'm saying is that you're just making angry some Camilla's fan, and they can answer stupidly.

The last time I checked Camilla is burning at the stake because of the backlash, not her critics.

EDIT:

15 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

No, THIS is one of the most ridiculous thing ever said. Do you understand that the Brave Alts are just consequences? They are what we get but the goal of CYL is to decide the most popular characters. We didn't even know what exactly we would have gotten during the first CYL and even if we know now it doesn't change the fact that this SHOULD be just a friendly competition. Asking people to not vote for their favorite in a friendly competition is absurd.

It's like when people complain about Tharja winning too many voting gauntlets. It's one thing to attack IS for not making a rule about no past winners partecipating again, it's another to demand people stop supporting who they want to support if the rules allow it. Hate the rules, don't hate the players.

I heard @Alkaid say that they are glad they got their Camilla without spending, so they didn't give IS the information that they wanted the new Camilla. WTF????

Have we reached the point of insanity? People must feel bad about how they spend their money now?

So what if there is a large portions of players who only spend for Camilla? What's wrong with liking only 1 character? I know a lot of DBZ fans that only love Vegeta. I have a friend that only picks Captain Falcon when we play Smash, and wouldn't play the game without him. This is a thing that always happened.

I repeat, hating IS is one thing, they are at fault if they choose to milk Camilla's fans more than it's necessary. But Camilla's fans aren't at fault for existing, they aren't at fault for supporting their favorite when they are asked "who do you support?" 

I think you are only saying this, because the wound of 4 alts is still hurting, but please count to ten before you say again to someone that they should "feel bad" for doing something they want to do and doesn't hurt anyone.

I will answer the ones I marked.

1. They are the consequence of the most important popularity pool so it doesn't make sense that Camilla outstrips them in presence. Something is fundamentally wrong with that.
2. So we inflate the presence of a singular character so that one fanbase is happy about it. Yes, Vegeta is popular, that's true. Yet DBZ also has characters like Goku, Gohan or Piccolo that are loved and combined outnumber Vegeta fans. Apparently we don't have to care about them and leaving that many of your follwers is going to work out fine. What could possibly go wrong? (RIP Gohan fans btw.)
3. Thank you putting words in my mouth. If you actually read the passage with me answering Alkaid you should have known that I have nothing against people liking Camilla. But I have a problem with her fans trying to build a monopoly around her. At some point it's enough and other characters need to be put on the spotlight, otherwise you can't feasibly keep interest in this game if everything revolves around a single character or game.

Edited by The Priest

16 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Funny because if I'm not mistaken you were the one who quoted me and started this discussion.

I was talking about me, not you ^^, but I will be childish one more time by answering because I don't understand some things and maybe you will explain to me that I'm wrong on something.

You could have just ignored everyone who critizes her but, no, you just have to keep telling everyone to be quiet.

I answered for the same things on other characters that I hate like Hans. You don't want to see that I'm okay with you criticizes her as much as you want? Or did I miss something?

(It's a real question, I'm not sarcastic)

now you're putting words into my mouth.

I was just quoting you, sorry, I don't see where I'm putting words into your mouth. Again I'm french, maybe I didn't understand everything.

But aren't you putting words into mine? I never said that you can't criticize her, and you've said it so many times. (again it's a real question)

1 hour ago, Azuris said:

This event is something that should make people happy. Everyone gets to vote which character they like and then we get to have the characters, that the majority should be happy with. Even if the character I want didn't make it, I can just be content knowing there are a lot of happy people out there now. Nothing against the people who really wanted Veronica, but that some may actually vote for a character they don't even care about just to disappoint others is something I just can't comprehend, no matter how hard I try.

In the end, we still got Camilla alts because the result showed the demand. And if we get another cyl and Camilla scores really high without winning again we will get even more because the demand would be still there. I don't think we need another Camilla, but if enough people do and she wins I'll accept that.

Yeah, I agree with you. I think that except a brave version, a character with four alts don't need more alts, but I'm fine with it. I'm okay with everyone winning cyl3 because it will be one worthy of it because it will be players choice.

Edited by Drakhis

12 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

I answered for the same things on other characters that I hate like Hans. You don't want to see that I'm okay with you criticizes her as much as you want? Or did I miss something?

On 7.11.2018 at 8:56 PM, Drakhis said:

I'm really okay with everyone getting 5 alts or more. Actually, I prefer that than adding Lugh, or some characters like him.

If you don't want to get these alts, it's good, keep your orbs and wait for characters you want. Be happy when a character you like is added, please don't complain when it make happy someone else. If laugh was added, or even Hans, I will be happy for their fan, and because I will keep my orbs.

Stop preaching that we shouldn't complain because this banner is a real problem for the future.
This wouldn't have changed if Camilla was replaced by Xander or some other character with too many Alts.

12 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

I never said that you can't criticize her, and you've said it so many times. (again it's a real question)

Yet you keep quoting anyone who critizes her inclusion.

1 hour ago, The Priest said:

@Alkaid

My kin? I don't speak for anyone else and I'd say not to group people in such a way, since the us vs. them mentality that's been so prevalent only perpetuates a lot of the issues going on. I wouldn't say there needs to be much inciting since "my group" seems to get hated just for existing regardless. I agree people are allowed to complain, but I can't blame people being tired of the negativity since surely nobody's oblivious to how excessively negative and dramatic the community can be, especially when it comes to Awakening/Fates. This is one of the most divided fanbases I've seen in terms of old vs. new, and it's mostly for no reason other than IS keeps pushing those games over the others because they're popular. I get that sucks for some people, but unfortunately that's just business and popularity at work and shouldn't even be much of a surprise. It's nobody's fault for being a part of IS's apparent target demographic.

Complaints and differing opinions are cool, but it's been going beyond that. When people are saying how they'll use their CYL votes specifically to get revenge or tell you to kill yourself over liking a character you can't tell me there's not a bigger issue with those people than the ones just tired of getting ragged on. Again, I sympathize with people wanting characters like Cord and Bord in the game over this alt and 3DS spam, but some people have been being extremely over-dramatic.

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

Cool. I wonder what her best builds are with her tome. She could actually even run CC with her tome and Atk Ploy, but I'm thinking owltome might be better for this playstyle with a defensive refinement as it also adds some hp and defense. Bladetome might be the best weapon for flier mages, but still curious at what else she can do

Her prf's pretty nice, so I might stick with that for a while. Unfortunately mine's -res, but +spd, so I might not go with the res tank type build she's otherwise geared for. She's basically of a red Spring Camilla with defenses swapped, so one shot nuke blade build will no doubt be very good on her.

21 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Never mind that you keep telling that Camilla will win CYL3. That's literally the best petrol to make the place burn even more. Do you even realize that?

3. Thank you putting words in my mouth. If you actually read the passage with me answering Alkaid you should have known that I have nothing against people liking Camilla. But I have a problem with her fans trying to build a monopoly around her. At some point it's enough and other characters need to be put on the spotlight, otherwise you can't feasibly keep interest in this game if everything revolves around a single character or game.

I'm sorry. I misunderstood. That was my bad. However I think you are exaggerating about CYL3. The Marth problem was because of the split votes, but even if Camilla wins, her main rivals are Elincia, Eirika and the OCs. The competition will be fair, so I think there won't be too much salt. Or at least I HOPE.