New Heroes Appear: Adrift (November 9 ~)

Coolmanio

21 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Stop preaching that we shouldn't complain because this banner is a real problem for the future.
This wouldn't have changed if Camilla was replaced by Xander or some other character with too many Alts.

Yet you keep quoting anyone who critizes her inclusion.

Not all, I'm answering to the one that I find harsh, and the one who said she was out of place (I think she wasn't because of what happened in fates).  Not the one who just don't like Camilla, or the one who just think Arete or Lilith would have been better. Arete makes more sense than Camilla. Lilith isn't linked with Azura, but with Anankos so why not? More than that it' a debate and we can talk about it because it's fun to see a different point of view.

You were the last that I was going to answer because of that:

" Do you think her fans care? If this thread showed anything, they want even more alts of her and every opposition must be silenced.
This is how diversity dies ... with thunderous applause. "

I found it harsh, and in this thread they were many Camilla's fan and people who don't like her who thinked that you can be opposite to her addition without being mean. It's pretty much the only reason. And yes there is some Camilla's fan who can't stand the fact that she's not the most suitable one, and are harsher than you.

I don't hate you at all, and think about that: I really want peace, this is all. I will not answer other people about that subject even if they are harsh.

21 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Stop preaching that we shouldn't complain because this banner is a real problem for the future.

It is just an opinion, not a fact, and again you CAN complain, send feedback and all, I'm saying to do it without being mean, that's all.

I don't think that is is a problem, and you think that it is, so send feedback it's the best way for you to get what you want. You can make a thread about the question of alts if you want and all, I'm perfectly fine with it, and if it makes you feel better then do it.

5 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

My kin? I don't speak for anyone else and I'd say not to group people in such a way, since the us vs. them mentality that's been so prevalent only perpetuates a lot of the issues going on. I wouldn't say there needs to be much inciting since "my group" seems to get hated just for existing regardless. I agree people are allowed to complain, but I can't blame people being tired of the negativity since surely nobody's oblivious to how excessively negative and dramatic the community can be, especially when it comes to Awakening/Fates. This is one of the most divided fanbases I've seen in terms of old vs. new, and it's mostly for no reason other than IS keeps pushing those games over the others because they're popular. I get that sucks for some people, but unfortunately that's just business and popularity at work and shouldn't even be much of a surprise. It's nobody's fault for being a part of IS's apparent target demographic.

Complaints and differing opinions are cool, but it's been going beyond that. When people are saying how they'll use their CYL votes specifically to get revenge or tell you to kill yourself over liking a character you can't tell me there's not a bigger issue with those people than the ones just tired of getting ragged on. Again, I sympathize with people wanting characters like Cord and Bord in the game over this alt and 3DS spam, but some people have been being extremely over-dramatic.

Her prf's pretty nice, so I might stick with that for a while. Unfortunately mine's -res, but +spd, so I might not go with the res tank type build she's otherwise geared for. She's basically of a red Spring Camilla with defenses swapped, so one shot nuke blade build will no doubt be very good on her.

You what will you take as her teammates? I don't have her but If get her I will use S!Y!Tiki and Myrrh, but I don't know for the last one ^^

Edited by Drakhis

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want diversity to die, never said that. It's just that I want to have a brave version for her because it will show that she deserved that alt. You can hate Camilla and I'm okay with it, I'm saying it every time. I just don't want people to complain ALL THE TIME. I will vote for Idunn or Lilith if Camilla can't win.

@DrakhisYou see this is a Forum. Forums are there to share opinions, in that case a complaint about something is an opinion. So i think its feasable if people express their feelings about a 5th Camilla. Just like how you express your love/rooting for Camilla.

Yes, I want ONE more alt for her because this alt is a trophy. We don't want to silence opposition, I will say the same thing for every character. Diversity will not be killed because of that.

As i said previously. I think Camilla was stretched now tooo much by IS to justify a CYL or even a Legendary Version of her. You can turn it around how you want, but most people i hear are really fed up that another Camilla made it into this Banner instead of a missing Hero (or a different banner then fates etc). I think their opinion are justified. They are spending money in this game just like people that like Camilla and because of a 5th Camilla their favourite/likable character didnt make it in maybe.
In that regard this leaves people with a bad taste in their mouth especially considering their announcement of some banners on the next year, that maybe got pushed back because of this banner consistent of alts. Dont worry both Corrins suffered too. Female Corrin more then male. But not to the extend of negativity like Camilla is being viewed as of now.

Like I said it's because this alt, in particular, is a trophy in my opinion. I want her brave version for that, and if it happens I will stop to try to stop the hate if there is another alt for her after, because 7 alts will cause a war. If she wins it will prove that she's popular enough and deserved all of her alts (winning with 5 version of you is a great proof). More than that, I think that she will be at the top of every Cyl if she doesn't win, and you will get more alt of her in that case.

Again i really really really hardly doubt she will win CYL 3 after this debacle. I sure wont vote for her because i think there are more deserving Characters. My favourites would be Bruno, Alfonse, Sharena, Anna, Marth, Hrid (if he doesnt make it into a regular/legendary banner) and Sonya

I think that this is because even with 2 alts people complain about her because in their mind it's just her body that makes it and nothing else. In my opinion, it's not because Kagero, Orochi or even the more fan service character of all (Her design) Charlotte aren't that popular. People complain too much about Camilla, more than Xander when they had the same alts number.

I think we need to make a distinction here. Original Xander was a free GHB unit, this is a HUGE difference compared to Camilla. Also Xanders inclusion in Banners somehow allways made sense with the theme. I am not saying they could have picked someone else. Also the paceing of his releases. He was spread out equaly. Spring 2017, late Summer 2017 and then late Summer 2018. Camilla on the other hand was never a free unit, got in Spring 2017, New Year 2017/2018 Summer 2018 and just now. She got 3 alts in 11 months. while Xander got his 3 alts over the course of 1.5 years.
Lets not ignore the fact that some units would have made immensly more sense in this banner then Camilla. I mean i was baffled when i saw Camilla in the banner. Mikoto Corrins ok... makes sense (though would have rather liked Arete or Sumeragi) and then they show.... Camilla, and i was like "wtf this makes no sense for this banner".
And lets not forget the fact that her inclusion in the new Year banner didnt make much sense either... She basicly replaced Hinoka.

IS decisions to include irrationally Camilla in banners that made no sense (new year + adrif) has hurt Camillas reputation.

Edited by Hilda

9 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

You what will you take as her teammates? I don't have her but If get her I will use S!Y!Tiki and Myrrh, but I don't know for the last one ^^

I'm thinking of making Summer Corrin her buddy! She's got Fortify Fliers and they can cover each other well, whether I give her a blade tome or not. Still thinking of the other two. I might use Myrrh as well.

Good luck getting her! Her lines being pure and reserved is a cute take on her.

20 minutes ago, Hilda said:

You see this is a Forum. Forums are there to share opinions, in that case a complaint about something is an opinion. So i think its feasable if people express their feelings about a 5th Camilla. Just like how you express your love/rooting for Camilla.

My fault I meant that you can say that you hate her and think she's out of place, just don't put your hate on the fans.

As i said previously. I think Camilla was stretched now tooo much by IS to justify a CYL or even a Legendary Version of her. You can turn it around how you want, but most people i hear are really fed up that another Camilla made it into this Banner instead of a missing Hero (or a different banner then fates etc). I think their opinion are justified

As I've said Lilith, Sumeragi or Arete makes more sense, you're right.

Again i really really really hardly doubt she will win CYL 3 after this debacle.

She will not, but until she wins she's going to have more alts, and people wanting her to win, more debate about that, and more hate.

My favourites would be Bruno, Alfonse, Sharena, Anna, Marth, Hrid (if he doesnt make it into a regular/legendary banner) and Sonya

A brave Alfonse, Sharena and Bruno will be perfect, and they are winners, I'm going to be so happy ^^

Original Xander was a free GHB unit, this is a HUGE difference compared to Camilla.

Didn't thought of that huge point thanks.

Camilla, and i was like "wtf this makes no sense for this banner".

I thought that for the Hoshidan new year Camilla, but this time I don't, but I understand why.

10 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I'm thinking of making Summer Corrin her buddy! She's got Fortify Fliers and they can cover each other well, whether I give her a blade tome or not. Still thinking of the other two. I might use Myrrh as well.

Good luck getting her! Her lines being pure and reserved is a cute take on her.

Thank you! Summer Corrin is indeed a good choice.

Edited by Drakhis

I feel like people are ganging up on Drakhis just for trying to say tone down the drama so things don't feel so hostile for anyone who DOES like this banner. He's not silencing anybody's opinions, just saying everyone should try to keep things nicer with each other.

It's no different than when Ana would post about how much every banner that wasn't Tellius SUCKED and people got annoyed with that too. As tired of Fates as some are, others are just as tired of the Fates bashing too.

I agree with Alkaid. This needs to stop. Priest, you are really crossing the line here and going into bullying territory here. It's fine to hate Camilla and Alts and all, but don't call other people entitled just because you don't agree with their opinion and vice versa. Also, you don't like people liking Camilla shoving their bliss in your face, yet you keep bashing Camilla and other things fates/this banner and calling the fans out for being entitled and ungrateful? I'm sorry, but I won't stand for this. Drakhis was only trying to be nice and you completely lash out at him for no reason other than to satisfy yourself.

12 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Priest, you are really crossing the line here and going into bullying territory here.

And I recommend either of two things:
1. Grow a skin and learn what bullying is, even though you just forced yourself into this.
2. There is a report button for a reason, that being crossing a line.

I have no intention to back down on this and it's not even me who started this argument. He would have been perfectly fine ignoring my statement but that didn't happen.

17 minutes ago, The Priest said:

And I recommend either of two things:
1. Grow a skin and learn what bullying is, even though you just forced yourself into this.
2. There is a report button for a reason, that being crossing a line.

I have no intention to back down on this and it's not even me who started this argument. He would have been perfectly fine ignoring my statement but that didn't happen.

1. You are ganging up on Drakhis and calling him names for no good reason. That's bullying.
2. Don't worry I quite know where it is.

If you wish to take this childish nonsense so far, be my guest. I'm going to gracefully step out of this argument and enjoy fire emblem heroes. I suggest others do the same and leave The Priest be.

Edited by Michelaar

22 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

... I have no idea what I just walked into but!

For those that have managed to pull Camilla, how does she play? She was the main one I wanted from the banner since the only red mage flier I have is Aversa and I got a Zelgius instead! xD

She's built play as either a res tank or a one shot nuke. If you have Spring Camilla she's basically a red one with swapped defenses.Similarly with +spd you can save her speed to a degree and run a more standard doubling blade build as well, if the one shot one isn't as appealing. If you like Camilla I'd say she's worth pulling for, but unit-wise Aversa is faster which helps a blade tome set and she has her unique panic/debuff tome set which is great. Camilla's res tank role is more niche, but still good. I've got all the red tome fliers and they're all nice to have.

Edited by Alkaid

4 hours ago, Michelaar said:

My take is, This is the Young Azura that was ignored and miserable in Nohr before she was taken to Hoshido. This is her dream of having friends and being cared for. Camilla is the closest thing Azura has to a Nohrian mother, especially since I think Arete died at this point.

Camilla and Azura never interacted during Azura's time in Nohr (concubines war yo). Azura saw her from afar once and wished they could be friends, which I guess is as good an explanation for her inclusion in the banner as any (we all know it wasn't the main reason, but it's something at least), but she certainly wasn't anything close to a mother for the young Azura in this paralogue.

Edited by Kori

1 minute ago, Kori said:

Camilla and Azura never interacted during Azura's time in Nohr (concubines war yo). Azura saw her from afar once and wished they could be friends, which I guess is as good an explanation for her inclusion as any (we all know it wasn't the main reason, but it's something at least), but she certainly wasn't anything close to a mother for the young Azura in this paralogue.

Oooh I see, thanks for expalining!

1 minute ago, Kori said:

@Michelaar You're welcome, I saw other people suggest it and I didn't mean to single you out or criticize your take, but figured it might be worth saying because this comes from the DLC that wasn't localized (fan translation here if you're interested).

No problem haha, I have never seen that conversation before so this is quite new to me, but I appreciate it! 

4 minutes ago, Kori said:

@Michelaar You're welcome, I saw other people suggest it and I didn't mean to single you out or criticize your take, but figured it might be worth saying because this comes from the DLC that wasn't localized (fan translation here if you're interested).

That convo does add a new take on why  they chose Camilla. It's still a shame that the localization team was too lazy to translate it over.

8 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

That convo does add a new take on why  they chose Camilla. It's still a shame that the localization team was too lazy to translate it over.

I'm still mad we never got that DLC. It seems like we missed the coolest one.

On 11/7/2018 at 7:41 PM, Integrity said:

why is "don't fight about the .pngs that get added to the mobile game" difficult, people.

come on.

good christ guys i love warning people as much as the next mod but that doesn't mean i want to

disagree better

1 hour ago, Kori said:

Camilla and Azura never interacted during Azura's time in Nohr (concubines war yo). Azura saw her from afar once and wished they could be friends, which I guess is as good an explanation for her inclusion in the banner as any (we all know it wasn't the main reason, but it's something at least), but she certainly wasn't anything close to a mother for the young Azura in this paralogue.

Yeah, I've been thinking about this too. This is the dream of a lonely child. Imagining her blood relatives makes sense. Imagining a random Princess she watched from afar yet never spoke to as a mother figure when a normal child would rather reminisce about her actual mother (whether or not she's alive in reality since - again - this is the dream of a lonely child) doesn't. In fact it's bizarre that Mikoto is branded as a Birthright character when she dies before the route split (i.e. she has equal presence in both paths): IS really wanted to justify Camilla being here so they pretended Mikoto was Birthright exclusive to force a parallel. Whether you like Camilla or not you have to admit that much.

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

Again i really really really hardly doubt she will win CYL 3 after this debacle. I sure wont vote for her because i think there are more deserving Characters. My favourites would be Bruno, Alfonse, Sharena, Anna, Marth, Hrid (if he doesnt make it into a regular/legendary banner) and Sonya

I think this thread has shown that this alt has cost Camilla little, if any, support when it comes to CYL.

I think it's obvious from my previous comments that I'm not exactly Camilla's biggest fan, but I think both sides are getting pretty heated right now, despite their intentions.

Edited by DefyingFates

16 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

In fact it's bizarre that Mikoto is branded as a Birthright character when she dies before the route split (i.e. she has equal presence in both paths): IS really wanted to justify Camilla being here so they pretended Mikoto was Birthright exclusive to force a parallel. Whether you like Camilla or not you have to admit that much.

The game logos appear to indicate whether the character is associated with Hoshido or associated with Nohr more than their actual involvement with a specific game.

Then again, I haven't played Fates so I don't know if Mikoto's existence (if not her living, breathing character) played a bigger role in one game or the other.

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The game logos appear to indicate whether the character is associated with Hoshido or associated with Nohr more than their actual involvement with a specific game.

Then again, I haven't played Fates so I don't know if Mikoto's existence (if not her living, breathing character) played a bigger role in one game or the other.

Hmm...I thought Heroes had a neutral "Fire Emblem Fates" logo without either subtitle for these trailers?

Nope, she's as much of a motivator/ plot device in one route as she is in the other. You get more out of her in Revelations, though.

Edited by DefyingFates

30 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ironically, Mikoto actually had more presence in Conquest (just one scene but still) than Birthright. It's more tied to her role as Queen of Hoshido and stepmom to the Broshidos I'd guess.

2 hours ago, Alkaid said:

She's built play as either a res tank or a one shot nuke. If you have Spring Camilla she's basically a red one with swapped defenses.Similarly with +spd you can save her speed to a degree and run a more standard doubling blade build as well, if the one shot one isn't as appealing. If you like Camilla I'd say she's worth pulling for, but unit-wise Aversa is faster which helps a blade tome set and she has her unique panic/debuff tome set which is great. Camilla's res tank role is more niche, but still good. I've got all the red tome fliers and they're all nice to have.

Thank you for letting me know! I'll see if I can get her but Zelgius pity breaking me lost me my orbs xD If I can't I'm sure she'll reappear :)

22 hours ago, Otts486 said:

honestly same though. This is something I hate about the FE community is that you can't say one good thing about fates or awakening without getting hounded. I mean they're not the best FE games out there but they still have good things about them that people can enjoy. Thankfully most people on serenesforest aren't really like that and I've had many a good conversation with the people here but man you jump onto other FE forums or youtube and it's a shitshow. eh what can you do.

Which is why Serene Forest is in my opinion the best forum out there.

21 hours ago, Sunsurge said:

Well I think it's because you have a lot of people who blindly like both games, without recognizing the many flaws. I personally hated Fates because it's absolute trash, and sometimes I find people reaching REALLY hard to justify the game, instead of just admitting the flaws and still pointing out things they like.

Same with Awakening (which I loved!), and I see the same sorta blind defense of the entire game, which imo is kinda silly because it also had flaws. I think people (on both ends) get so personally offended that people can have differences of opinions that they take one or the other extreme side, which I agree with you, sucks.

I agree this, but it's getting harder for me to know what's sounds likes someone being opinionated & someone just being vocal about their opinion.

@Azuris

Just want be clear, you're not being remotely annoying or anything like that.

I just want to say Camilla on this banner was not what annoyed me at all, in fact she was the least annoying alt because I expect her to be an alt on any Fates banner.  What made me very annoyed was that there are 3 alts on this banner and the TT unit is an alt as well and this is a "regular" banner.  All I want is for new banners to bring new units to Heroes and this banner really was like a slap to my face.  I will live with 1 alt per banner as long as the rest of the units are new, but this one was just too much.  

Edited by EricaofRenais