Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee Discussion!

Lau

I noticed that we didn't have a general LGPaE thread, so I decided to make one.

A new trailer showing the final Gym Leaders, Giovanni and three very special characters has been released: https://youtu.be/ulsNuIXES9s

This trailer is flipping gorgeous, I'm gonna put my thoughts into a spoiler just to be safe.

Spoiler

First of all, it's nice to get confirmation that the Fuchsia City Gym Leader is Koga, and not Janine. I was wondering about that tbh. He, Sabrina, and Blaine all look fantastic.

Giovanni looks absolutely incredible. Interesting to note that his undershirt is red, when originally it was white, I believe.

But the main treat for me was seeing Red, Blue and Leaf...all in their original designs! Blue now has a backpack, and his pants are a tad darker, and his boots are different, and from what I can see, he doesn't have a badge on the bottom of his jumper, but other than that, he stays true to his original artwork. His hair actually looks really good in 3D, and that was something I was worried about with this artstyle.

Red looks the exact same as his original artwork, and I think this is the first time we've seen him with black hair since...gen 2? It seems that we get to fight him, so will he be the Champion? I'm betting it will be Trace, so idk.

Leaf! Oh my god, I had the biggest reaction to her. She has the design that the concept art for a female protagonist had back in the original games, and the design that Blue (the girl) from Pokemon Adventures used in the Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Gold, Silver, and Crystal arcs. This is the first time we've seen this design in an actual video game, and they even used the spiky bangs! She also seems to have white wristbands instead of white gloves. I'm just so...thrilled! She's been appearing in quite a bit recently, what, with being an alt for Pokemon Trainer is Smash, and now this! I grew up with the Pokemon Adventures manga and Blue is my favourite female Dex Holder, and it kinda translated over to the games too, so I have such a soft spot for Leaf. I'm ecstatic to see what her role will be in LGPaE!

I was already going to get this game, but this trailer - no, Leaf in particular - has made me want it even more.

So, what do you guys think?

Looking at that trailer, I kind of wish the 2d art was the only style used for this game, I just love it.

Also, huh Green is finally in the games (her OG design that is, that and her and Red can be in the same universe now). It's been 22 years, what the hell?

Well, that was a surprise.

Although, looking closely, she doesn't seem to have her exact original design. Appearance-wise, yes, but she actually has different clothes.

Glad to see Red, Blue and Leaf all in the game and with their original/manga designs as well! Can't wait to find them in the game and hopefully battle all three of them.

Edited by NSSKG151

Spoiler

Nice to see Red's team are back at the levels they should be (all of his mons are Level 85). I didn't like how Sun/Moon lowered his team's levels to the 60s. Also, it good to see Red isn't hogging all the Kanto starters this time though apparently he stole traded for Blue's Machamp and Arcanine. Pikachu is still going to be dead weight on his team though. Blue's team in this game makes me think it is a shout out to Professor Oak's dummied out team from the original Red/Blue with Alakazam and Aerodactyl thrown in and Green's team looks very accurate to how I always imagined what her NPC team would like though I expected her to use Wigglytuff instead of Clefable. I wonder if she will have any dialogue or if she will be silent like Red.

Also, nice to hear Archer will show up in the game presumedly as a boss at some point (maybe at Pokémon Tower and/or Silph CO). Would have been nice to see the other Rocket admins from the Johto games too. Also, makes me wonder if we will see a Silver Cameo in the postgame (I am assuming not though).

I haven't been this excited to play a Pokémon game since HG/SS. I'm ready to for Let's GO even if most people don't care about the game.

Edited by NSSKG151

Can someone tell me, without telling me anything else because I don't want to get spoiled...

What is Leaf/Green being called in the game? I've always tried to keep the anime/manga/game verses separate, so the girl in the games has always been Leaf to me, and Blue in the manga...

55 minutes ago, Lau said:

Can someone tell me, without telling me anything else because I don't want to get spoiled...

What is Leaf/Green being called in the game? I've always tried to keep the anime/manga/game verses separate, so the girl in the games has always been Leaf to me, and Blue in the manga...

She's Green, but she's probably Blue in Japan. Though technically she should be named Yellow in English, since that's the only third version outside Japan.

Edited by Lightchao42

18 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I heard she's named Green, but she's probably Blue in Japan. Though technically she should be named Yellow in English, since that's the only third version outside Japan.

Ah, thank you :)

Now I just need to hide from spoilers. I've played through Kanto before, but I don't want to be spoiled on any new additions.

Wow, Just 6 days left. I'm really hyped and I'm with Lau on avoiding spoilers. I've heard someone got the game already though. Maybe best to make another topic to talk about that.

I don't usually mind spoilers with, say, Smash Bros, but I just want to get through one Pokemon game without getting spoiled, hahah.

I am curious about the guy who's leaking it. Did he get a copy of the game early, or did he somehow datamine the demo/pre-load version?

7 minutes ago, Lau said:

I don't usually mind spoilers with, say, Smash Bros, but I just want to get through one Pokemon game without getting spoiled, hahah.

I am curious about the guy who's leaking it. Did he get a copy of the game early, or did he somehow datamine the demo/pre-load version?

I don't know, my friend said that someone got the game early but apart from that, I don't know! Is it okay to discuss quality of life changes though? My friend told me one thing that is not really a spoiler but I figure it's still best ot ask before saying anything.

44 minutes ago, Lau said:

There's at least 2 leakers datamining early copies of the game. They've been mostly been dumping info on clothes and move changes so far.

3 hours ago, LordOTaco said:

Just to verify these are indeed mainline Pokemon games as in capture and train battle like all the others?  I haven't paid much attention to them.  They also seem to be remasters of the Red/Blue?

Gamefreak has said that they are indeed mainline Pokémon though they are more akin to remakes of Yellow than Red/Blue due to taking elements from that game such as Jessie/James showing up and Giovanni using a Persian instead of Kangaskhan. However, you don't fight any wild Pokémon in this game (besides the legendary birds and Mewtwo) since you catch Pokémon the same way you would in Pokémon GO. Otherwise I believe everything else is the same as you would expect from a remake of Kanto or the other mainline games besides thing like EVs being replaced with Candy Value (it applies the stat boosts immediately instead of waiting till Lv.100 before the mon gains the stat) and from what I heard held items and abilities are removed entirely (though Mega Evolution is still possible somehow).

10 hours ago, Michelaar said:

I don't know, my friend said that someone got the game early but apart from that, I don't know! Is it okay to discuss quality of life changes though? My friend told me one thing that is not really a spoiler but I figure it's still best ot ask before saying anything.

I'd imagine QoL changes would be fine to discuss here, but I'd put them under a spoiler tag just to be on the safe side.

Well, I have my copy of Let's Go Eevee, went to go pick it up from my nearest GAME and they were playing the original Pokemon theme song, and the Pokerap. Idk if they do that with every Pokemon release, but it definitely put me into a good mood.

Well after spending 7 hours with Lets Go Eevee, I can honestly say that it's worth the money.

I've just reached Vermillion City (I've been messing around trying to catch every single Pokemon), and I'm loving it. The graphics, while obviously not as good as some AAA games, are top notch. The soundtrack is beautiful, and the new capture mechanics? Honestly, they aren't that bad. Once you get used to it, it's rather enjoyable.

The lack of abilities is actually a breath of fresh air - I love that Sturdy is gone, it makes battles with Hikers so much quicker.

The only thing that bothers me is the lack of breeding mechanics, but at least the Daycare is still there. Also, the lack of Wonder Trade is disappointing, but I can live with it.

But it's so much more cinematic, especially when you meet Bill, so it more than makes up for it.

Overall, I'm really enjoying it, it's brought at tear to my eye a few times as sad as it sounds, hahah.

Only played for about an hour, but after the first few wild Pokemon my throws started going wild. I do the straight joycon motion and my balls go way off to the left. In fact, it's hard for me to hit anywhere except extreme left, even when I throw as far right as possible. Am I missing something?

6 hours ago, Florete said:

Only played for about an hour, but after the first few wild Pokemon my throws started going wild. I do the straight joycon motion and my balls go way off to the left. In fact, it's hard for me to hit anywhere except extreme left, even when I throw as far right as possible. Am I missing something?

I've never had this problem. Is the Pokemon stationary? If it's moving around, hold the Joycon so that the buttons are facing you, and the shoulder buttons are facing the ceiling. Then, spin the Joycon anticlockwise for it to go left, and clockwise for it to go right, if that makes sense.

You may need to resync your Joycon, just in case, you know, to eliminate possibilities.