Book III Opens: December 2018 (Speculation + Discussion)

Coolmanio

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sharena is crying and it said something about the light dying, so I assume Fjorm dies since she seems sick.

On that day, as the sky fell away, our world came to an end

Even Heroes is not save from Galeem, hopefully Kirby will be summonable to save us. I should be surprised that 1/3 of the important announcements was restricted to the last ten seconds, but somehow I'm not.

Edited by Lightchao42

1 minute ago, ZeManaphy said:

I missed the channel because I was at art class, can anyone fill me in?

Long story short:

New item allows us to recruit past GHB and TT which is called Heroic Grails. There's a new mode called Aether raids where everyone has their own aether keep and they build it up to protect it from other players; kinda runs like the arena, but with different rewards. Also, Book 3 was just teased and that'll be out next month.

That was quite the dramatic tease. No big epic trailer like Book 2. Instead, it's rather solemn. I'm intrigued.

I doubt it's Fjorm dying though, since this "light dying" seems pretty dramatic and I doubt it would be from her "ritual illness".

1 minute ago, Coolmanio said:

I really have a feeling that Anna will be killed off. Her presence in the latter parts of Book II was virtually nonexistent, so this could be the way they are going.

If this happens I will literally delete the app from my phone.

I think I saw some people on Reddit suggesting King Gustav, which I guess could be possible, and explain that look of utter despair on Sharena's face. Also it's an excuse to not give us another free unit :P

5 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

I really have a feeling that Anna will be killed off. Her presence in the latter parts of Book II was virtually nonexistent, so this could be the way they are going.

And here I was with my crack theory that the next free OC would be a Legendary Beast Anna...actually, getting rid of OG!Anna may actually work out for the best in that case!

Seriously though, I assume this is just a "oh no, my friends are in danger!" pose and everyone's fine in the end. Let's not forget that nothing in the previous trailers actually happened in canon, too.

Copying what I posted on Reddit...

That was an awesome teaser and I'm definitely hyped. (I switched tabs to comment on something, and when I switched back I saw Sharena and wondered what the heck is going on.)

However, now I need to apply the breaks. I remember the trailer for Book II looking awesome, and then look at Book II turned out. It had it strong points (Laegjarn, Helbindi, and Alfonse), but overall was still rather meh.

I miss the writing quality of some of the stories, such as...

- Blazing Shadows (Paralogue)
- The Sacred World (Paralogue)
- Detached Princess (Xenologue)

Sure, they aren't super spectacular, but they are better than 90% of the stuff we see. (Most of it is throwaway lines about the contract or fighting. Some of it is just poor storytelling.)

I sincerely hope they do not kill Alfonse off. He gotten some character development and went from being a benchlord to a brazen powerhouse.

I also sincerely hope they improve the writing this time around. Book II had its moments as with Book I, but saying "we noticed the feedback on the story and plan on making it better" when Book II was still meh does not raise confidence.

14 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

I think I saw some people on Reddit suggesting King Gustav, which I guess could be possible, and explain that look of utter despair on Sharena's face. Also it's an excuse to not give us another free unit :P

‘Bsides, what’s a good Fire Emblem without a dead protagonist parent or two ;):

Thanks for the topic, I didn’t think much of the static as soon as FEH slept, but damn, a crying Sharena seems like shit is for real. I hope they improve the story this time

Well, she's clearly in a snowy area, so probably Nifl, since it kinda seems that these kingdoms just don't have seasons. That kinda points to it being Fjorm, and while I can see IS pulling that, she isn't really a "light". Mayhaps a new kingdom gets introduced, yadda yadda, Zacharius dies. Let's be honest, who else has enough story presence to be called a "light", while also not being so critical to the plot that killing them off utterly shatters it and the playerbase by killing a playable unit? That King dude? Didn't even know his name until this forum, but Zacharius, or Bruno, I'll just call him Bruno, has incredible character importance, while basically having no story importance. He's basically a shoe-in for "guy who is going to die". I'll be honest, I already though all parties involved just had dead parents as is, Surtr being the exception. 

I kind of wonder if they're going to do another Feh Channel before Book 3 comes.

Nothing about 3.0 was talked about in this one, so I wonder if there will be another one soon. Plus, I wonder if we'll get another free unit. Fjorm was introduced right off the bat in 2.0, but we don't know with this one.

personally im hoping bruno dies buut if i actually had to place a bet...

someone related to the askr siblings, most likely their mother but it could be some other relative, who is depicted as a peace loving hippie to score cheap sympathy points is killed off by some new villain in a desperate bid to raise the stakes. veronica is again sidelined so we can focus on someone else far less interesting, as we basically bum about in locations with no actual context and little personality as our villain spouts generic evil dialogue well some side villains try to act sympathetic in order to create the illusion of moral complexity when we might as well be in a cartoon. the villains defeat will be an anti climax as we spent all our time basically doing nothing.

or the book could surprise me i suppose and kill off alfonse.

i hope it surprises me.

"The light" likely refers to Kiran.

"Kiran" is a genderless given name meaning "ray of light" in Sanskrit.

The Japanese name for Kiran is "Éclat", which is French for "shine".

Edited by Ice Dragon

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

"The light" likely refers to Kiran.

"Kiran" is a genderless given name meaning "ray of light" in Sanskrit.

The Japanese name for Kiran is "Eclat", which is French for "shine".

This was my thought. Which...how would the story play out if they DO kill off the PC?