Book III Opens: December 2018 (Speculation + Discussion)

Coolmanio

39 minutes ago, Grandosco said:

Hoho! But you see, Hel is a Norse goddess, so there is a greater-than-zero chance that she will be a rather attractive-looking lady. Though given her characterization shown thus far, that shall not stop people from swinging thousands of weapons at her if and when we get the chance.

It’s gonna be Camilla if Camilla wasn’t obsessed with being nothing more than a piece of fanservice. 

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Grandosco said:

Hoho! But you see, Hel is a Norse goddess, so there is a greater-than-zero chance that she will be a rather attractive-looking lady. Though given her characterization shown thus far, that shall not stop people from swinging thousands of weapons at her if and when we get the chance.

If we were going based on Hel's proper look, then it will be a lady with her body divided, half super bealtiful in a spring-festival kind of way and the other half as a frightening undead monster.

Of course, i'm actually expecting FEH to go the most boring route a.k.a. the one almost 100% of Hel's media adaptations take a.k.a. she will be half normal cute, half goth cute, like some Two-Face wannabe.

8 hours ago, ElectiveToast said:

It’s gonna be Camilla if Camilla wasn’t obsessed with being nothing more than a piece of fanservice. 

Yeah...I'm dreading Hel being Camilla 3.0 myself. And she'll just be obsessed with Kiran like Loki is, won't she?

I want to finally see a proper Hel in media. But since they'll be banking on whales and horny dudes (and maybe gals, so long as they give her boobs that don't look like comically inflatable airbags a la Loki) wanting to pull for her, they can't make her properly grotesque. T'is a sad state of affairs.

Edited by Nanima

16 hours ago, Midnox said:

I wonder if they’ll introduce undead and monster units? FEA is no stranger using undead characters

With book 2 they added generic manaketes and wyvern riders, so U think it's possible. It would be so sick if they added Baels, Skeletons, Centaurs and Necrodragons!!

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

With book 2 they added generic manaketes and wyvern riders, so U think it's possible. It would be so sick if they added Baels, Skeletons, Centaurs and Necrodragons!!

Just thought about them since I’ve started FE Echoes three days ago, and stumbled upon a video of this particular Cypher card

latest?cb=20170330172124

It got me thinking: since we are dealing with Hel, deity of death, the Askr siblings will likely lose their parents as any self-respecting FE protagonist (Roy, get in line), deal with undead if Surtr is any indication, undead and monsters being an occasional FE obstacle, there you go. We could have characters with blessed weapons as well. As an additional note of seeing undead characters as enemies like the Morph Black Fang and Vigarde

Edited by Midnox

12 hours ago, Grandosco said:

I mean, even Shin Megami Tensei's Hel looks like this. 

250?cb=20100527201456

The closest you get to accurate Hel's description is arguably Queen Odette from Odin Sphere, who is implied to be reference to Hel: 

260?cb=20150702210228

Not gonna lie, I will take Odette-like design with some spice of dem bones but with more of that tacky dress, but we know IS wouldn't even do that and just drew Hel as a goth. 

I mean, they had the audacity to make Nuibaba hot in Echoes when she's not in the original Gaiden. 

32 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I mean, they had the audacity to make Nuibaba hot in Echoes when she's not in the original Gaiden. 

They had the audacity to make Gharnef hot. I don't think we will ever see an ugly person ever again in this series.

Fire Emblem Heroes Gharnef isn't hot in the slightest.

He's just not extremely repulsive, like he was in all his other incarnations. 

(I do hope Hel will be gorgeous)

Edited by Vince777

I hope Hel is terrifying, and that is hard to do if they just make her drop dead gorgeous.  You should be horrified of going to her realm, rather than looking forward to it.  We have Loki the hot seductress, Hel should be nothing like that and her dialogue thusfar suggests a much more serious character.  Please IS do this right.  

31 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

and her dialogue thusfar suggests a much more serious character

True, but that means nothing for her design. In any case, I've resigned myself to the fact that she'll have another "waifu-design" and I'm just hoping it takes after Laegjarn's and not Loki's...

Edited by DefyingFates

6 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

She doesn't have to be the busty sultry kind to be gorgeous though.

I doubt they will make her just another Loki. The female OC they've made were all pretty different from one another.

They know Camilla sells and Loki scored 5th on CYL after just two months. I wouldn't be surprised if they consider Book 3 a clean slate and repeat body types for the next set of OCs.

I think SMT's Hel would be a neat compromise between having "feminine" and "creepy" design aesthetics, at least.

28 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

True, but that means nothing for her design. In any case, I've resigned myself to the fact that she'll have another "waifu-design" and I'm just hoping it takes after Laegjarn's and not Loki's...

Uh please no waifu design.  The story is weak enough, but the art design of the characters has been good and made sense concerning the characters thusfar.  I'd be cool with SMT Hel design too, cause even though the figure is somewhat that of an attractive woman with everything else she looks really creepy and 'dead' as well.  

Hope she actually has a scythe too

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

I hope Hel is terrifying, and that is hard to do if they just make her drop dead gorgeous.  You should be horrified of going to her realm, rather than looking forward to it.  We have Loki the hot seductress, Hel should be nothing like that and her dialogue thusfar suggests a much more serious character.  Please IS do this right.  

I think it's possible to be both gorgeous and utterly terrifying.  It's also really hard to pull off.

So why did the discussion turn towards whining about women, again?

Just now, Jingle Bells said:

Because of Loki having a high chance of appearing in book 3.

That's a shitty reason IMO.  We don't have anything other than a couple of teasers, and an odd mention in a xenologue.

43 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Uh please no waifu design.  The story is weak enough, but the art design of the characters has been good and made sense concerning the characters thusfar.  I'd be cool with SMT Hel design too, cause even though the figure is somewhat that of an attractive woman with everything else she looks really creepy and 'dead' as well.  

Hope she actually has a scythe too

49 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Let's just say I respect those wishing for originality but wouldn't really mind if Hel was a babe. 

By "waifu-design" I just mean an appealing design. As I said I'd be okay if Hel was made attractive, as long as she wasn't Loki/ Camilla-levels of pandering.

20 minutes ago, eclipse said:

That's a shitty reason IMO.  We don't have anything other than a couple of teasers, and an odd mention in a xenologue.

Yeah, I'm surprised it turned out this way too, but that aside I do think it's apparent that Loki will be in Book 3 because of that "odd mention". Again, that doesn't have anything to do with the turn the conversation has taken, but I just wanted to speak my mind if that's what you meant.

1 minute ago, DefyingFates said:

By "waifu-design" I just mean an appealing design. As I said I'd be okay if Hel was made attractive, as long as she wasn't Loki/ Camilla-levels of pandering.

Yeah, I'm surprised it turned out this way too, but that aside I do think it's apparent that Loki will be in Book 3 because of that "odd mention". Again, that doesn't have anything to do with the turn the conversation has taken, but I just wanted to speak my mind if that's what you meant.

I'm keeping the first part of your quote 'cause it's relevant.

This is talking about Hel.  We have no clue what he/she will look like, yet I see complaints about the specific situation if she's a pretty woman in less-than-modest clothes.  My issue with Loki was her outfit making no sense whatsoever, not that she had a nice set of tits (FTR, Mathilda has a nice rack, too).  For all we know, Hel could be Niime 2.0.

So now that Loki is playable I'm anticipating she'll be a completely different unit in Book 3. She's a shapeshifter for a reason - to make numerous alts. Oh and "it was ME all along" twists in the story too, I guess.

As for the expected connection between Hel and Loki, yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they play that detail straight. I bet Loki would suddenly become much more attractive to the creepos once they learned she's a mom.

30 minutes ago, eclipse said:

For all we know, Hel could be Niime 2.0.

Watch as they shave a good 20-25 years off Niime’s look when they add her to Heroes.

So I have an theory about how Hel and book iii could be, after playing through octopath traveler. Take care as there are some big spoilers for the game.

Spoiler

After you beat all 8 stories and you complete two quest lines daughter of a dark God and something about Kit and his father, you can go to some woods and there unlock a special side quest. In this you explore the ruins of Hornburg and explore the gate of finis. Now what is interesting is the dungeon itself and the character of Lyblac. Prior to this dungeon all you know about her is that she is searching for someone. Now through some diary entries of past bosses you learn about her and how she manipulated the entire thing and she was the villian.

Now we do something similar with Hel-Loki. Loki is like Lyblac, serves a "bad" god and they both controled a big chunk of the events of their respective stories (Loki with the whole Muspel thing and stuff). However that's all about Loki. Now Hel can be similar to galdera (the dark God of the octopath universe). Both are living in the realm of the dead and are sealed in there (well not so sure about Hel but it is implied somehow, I mean she wouldn't send Loki to do her work and wait for people to kick the bucket to come to her realm if she was free), both are evil and have a lady to serve them and pull the strings for their revival (again not sure about Hel). Now this means that possibly hel might not be free at the beginning of book iii. As far as how the chapters are structured they could be about exploring the destroyed worlds and at the end gain a new info about the duo Heloki (Hel-Loki), similar to the boss fights in the gate of finis dungeon of octopath. And the whole Alfonse/Sharena thing could be because the Askran royals opened the gates to Hel's realm (they do have gate opening abilities after all) now it could be either Alfonse's and Sharena's parents or they themselves by accident that opened the door. And either Hel is out or nearly and stuff goes from here).

Now, that theory is just my insight on the matter, I don't know how many have played octopath traveler and will be able to view this but there it is nonetheless.

11 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

So if beast units come wouldn't it be great to add them also into the story and stuff as enemy monsters to show off an enemy version of the class similar to the dark manaketes?.They could be a monster per colour something like red zombie/revenant, green moogals (the echoes eyeballs) and so on. The player ones could work similarly to this system but with animals.

Ohh, I've drained every bit of imagination inside my brain for this giant post (counting the spoiler), I am done.

Edit: Have you people listened to that crazy theme of Hel? It is pretty awesome.

Edited by SuperNova125