Book III Opens: December 2018 (Speculation + Discussion)

Coolmanio

11 minutes ago, AzuraxCorrin(M)4Life said:

Actually, it's not the beloved parents I believe will die SPECULATION!

I think the order of heroes is next while I know that Hel is trying to invade askr, think about it she said in Xenologue 4 that the order was her next task to kill. And the story might not focus on Alfonse it might take the focus of Eir who will fight against her mother and all of Hel, she might just also probably try to find a way to revive them...

But can they use Valhalla twice?

A kingdom of the heavens might be good and a queen who counteracts Hel and Eir but they help them.

I believe that Valhalla will be introduced in book 4, and may actually not be female. Could very well be the father of Eir, actually. But in the xenologue, Hel specifically mentions King Gustav, and the two in the still shot of Alfonse standing over a couple bodies... Well, one looks like his mom. I wouldn't be surprised if Anna died, too, since we don't see her, and it really looks like the direction this is going is that Eir decides she likes Alfonse, Kiran, and Sharena, and so feels bad about betraying them and gets mad at her mom for ruining their lives, and so goes against her, siding with Alfonse who's fighting Hel, himself.

Edit: But can we also talk about Eir's hair? Not a strand overlaps with another, that ponytail looks super heavy (her poor neck/head(headaches)), not to mention the headpiece holding it in place. It also looks super silky. Amazing hair...and again, I feel sorry for her neck/head. (I have very silky hair myself, but obviously not on anime level. It's very hard to keep in a ponytail, especially a high one, and long hair can be very heavy. And if her hair is staying that straight, it must be super heavy. How it moves looks like it's heavy, too. Poor Eir.)

Edited by Mercakete

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

I believe that Valhalla will be introduced in book 4, and may actually not be female. Could very well be the father of Eir, actually.

Valhalla in Norse Mythology is a place, not a person.

Hel is a person. Helheim is a place, but they dropped the "heim" from Niflheim and Muspelheim, so Helheim just gets to also be called "Hel".

And Valhalla already exists in Fire Emblem as the venue for Arvis's summer barbeque.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

Edit: But can we also talk about Eir's hair? Not a strand overlaps with another, that ponytail looks super heavy (her poor neck/head(headaches)), not to mention the headpiece holding it in place. It also looks super silky. Amazing hair...and again, I feel sorry for her neck/head. (I have very silky hair myself, but obviously not on anime level. It's very hard to keep in a ponytail, especially a high one, and long hair can be very heavy. And if her hair is staying that straight, it must be super heavy. How it moves looks like it's heavy, too. Poor Eir.)

My sister's hair is only about a foot shorter than Eir's (maybe less than a foot). She can't do a high ponytail with it due to always keeping it in a low ponytail (thus the hair in the back grows out pointing downward instead of straight out or upward, which is the wrong way).

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

My sister's hair is only about a foot shorter than Eir's (maybe less than a foot). She can't do a high ponytail with it due to always keeping it in a low ponytail (thus the hair in the back grows out pointing downward instead of straight out or upward, which is the wrong way).

Also @Mercakete

I've got hair that, when straight, falls about a foot shorter than Eir's as well.  My hair is also thicker, but it's naturally curly.  It's never felt particularly heavy to me, and I can do a high or low pony tail as I want.  However...  Hers does look extremely thick.  It probably would, if real, be a different type than mine.

(So few characters have naturally wavy hair...  Especially in the anime style.  I can't quickly find anyone in FEH with naturally wavy hair.  One of the reasons I really like Hermione... Her hair actually was described like mine.  Anyway, enough off topic for me.)

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Valhalla in Norse Mythology is a place, not a person.

Hel is a person. Helheim is a place, but they dropped the "heim" from Niflheim and Muspelheim, so Helheim just gets to also be called "Hel".

And Valhalla already exists in Fire Emblem as the venue for Arvis's summer barbeque.

Hel is a place and a person in the series, so I figured it wouldn't be a stretch to speculate that Valhalla would be the same. FEH is also drawing inspiration from Norse mythology, not retelling it. I don't expect them to be very true to it.

And...

2 hours ago, Venmi said:

Also @Mercakete

I've got hair that, when straight, falls about a foot shorter than Eir's as well.  My hair is also thicker, but it's naturally curly.  It's never felt particularly heavy to me, and I can do a high or low pony tail as I want.  However...  Hers does look extremely thick.  It probably would, if real, be a different type than mine.

(So few characters have naturally wavy hair...  Especially in the anime style.  I can't quickly find anyone in FEH with naturally wavy hair.  One of the reasons I really like Hermione... Her hair actually was described like mine.  Anyway, enough off topic for me.)

My hair used to go past the back of my knees, so it's not like I don't know what I'm talking about, but even then, the length is only a small factor as to why it looks heavy. It's mostly how the hair responds to motion, which is more similar to a thick curtain than to soothing lighter. But when I was talking about the difficulty of having it in a ponytail, the real difficulty was in the hair texture, not really in anything else. Because mine's so silky, everything I put into it to keep it in place slides out instead of staying put, even with rubber grips.

1 minute ago, Mercakete said:

My hair used to go past the back of my knees, so it's not like I don't know what I'm talking about, but even then, the length is only a small factor as to why it looks heavy. It's mostly how the hair responds to motion, which is more similar to a thick curtain than to soothing lighter. But when I was talking about the difficulty of having it in a ponytail, the real difficulty was in the hair texture, not really in anything else. Because mine's so silky, everything I put into it to keep it in place slides out instead of staying put, even with rubber grips.

Ah, that makes sense.  My hair texture is extremely different.  If strands escape, it's because there are shorter strands.  I've never had silky hair, so your experience is much more relevant than mine.

2 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Hel is a place and a person in the series, so I figured it wouldn't be a stretch to speculate that Valhalla would be the same.

You're reversing the logic here, which is what I was pointing out. Hel is both a person and a place in Heroes because there is a person named Hel and a place named Helheim in Norse mythology and that they've been chopping off the "heim" from the ends of place names. Not the other way around.

12 hours ago, Venmi said:

They really do. Arvis is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. At least I think it's supposed to be curly. Kinda hard to tell since it's still not super curly.

Edited by bottlegnomes

19 hours ago, Mercakete said:

And the theories continue! Weird as it is, I'm finding this particular tangent quite interesting :P

25 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

And the theories continue! Weird as it is, I'm finding this particular tangent quite interesting :P

Heheh! I don't think it's actually that heavy as far as the characters perceive it. I was just talking about what the visuals told me.

5 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

They really do. Arvis is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. At least I think it's supposed to be curly. Kinda hard to tell since it's still not super curly.

Arvis seems to have distinctly wavy hair. Kyle from FE8, however...I think he might have curly hair. Same with Artur from the same game, and Makalov from FE9/10 (though his might just be tight waves.) Valtome might, too (also from 10.) The main issue with characters having curly hair is that it's hard to draw (due to the many, small details. That is, all the shading and lighting you have to do on each curl, especially if the curls are tight.) There are probably tips and tricks to drawing curly hair that I don't know, but I know that I find it very difficult, personally. Waves and straight hair are the easier ones. Ah, Lewen from FE7 might have curly hair, too. … All these are guys. I can't think of any females with curly-- Ah! NotBirdYune, I think.

12 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Arvis seems to have distinctly wavy hair. Kyle from FE8, however...I think he might have curly hair. Same with Artur from the same game, and Makalov from FE9/10 (though his might just be tight waves.) Valtome might, too (also from 10.) The main issue with characters having curly hair is that it's hard to draw (due to the many, small details. That is, all the shading and lighting you have to do on each curl, especially if the curls are tight.) There are probably tips and tricks to drawing curly hair that I don't know, but I know that I find it very difficult, personally. Waves and straight hair are the easier ones. Ah, Lewen from FE7 might have curly hair, too. … All these are guys. I can't think of any females with curly-- Ah! NotBirdYune, I think.

Curly hair is also rare to have (naturally) in Japan, which gives it a distinctive "foreign" feel when someone has curly hair.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Curly hair is also rare to have (naturally) in Japan, which gives it a distinctive "foreign" feel when someone has curly hair.

Good point. I didn't think of that.

On 11/12/2018 at 11:58 PM, wheelsonfire said:

Is anyone else also kind of annoyed that Hel is evil here? It seems like every single depiction based off of Norse mythology has her be completely evil, but in the original Norse mythology, she was a neutral character (unless I'm not remembering correctly)...

Same reason why in like 90%  Greek myth referencing/based on works Hades is always evil when he's the most chill and reasonable Greek God in his original myth. Because the stereotype death is evil and scary, it's even its own trope, everybody hates Hades. 

My friend notes that the relationship of Hel and Eir is like Castlevania Dracula and Alucard before Alucard met Trevor before the reboots. Lol. 

• 4 weeks later...

Oh man so I just finished the latest bit of story and I am loving it! How unexpected that Alfonse would be in such danger! Everyone was thinking about his parents and sister, but then BAM! Man, I love this stuff. X3

1 minute ago, Mercakete said:

Oh man so I just finished the latest bit of story and I am loving it! How unexpected that Alfonse would be in such danger! Everyone was thinking about his parents and sister, but then BAM! Man, I love this stuff. X3

I couldn't get myself into Book 1, and discouraged me to read Book 2, but so far I'm following Book 3.

Pretty nice cliffhanger right there.

10 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

I couldn't get myself into Book 1, and discouraged me to read Book 2, but so far I'm following Book 3.

Pretty nice cliffhanger right there.

My only complaint is that I wish there was more dialogue in the in-between parts (parts 2-4 of ch3 book 3.) The beginning seemed a bit scant, too, but not bad. And then that ending... Eee! X3

I feel Alfonse time limit will be pretty temporary. The trailer, Loki and the new opening screen already make it pretty clear that Alfonse isn't the one in danger. 

Is it me or is Gustav a bit of a hypocrite. His stance on royals being too important to throw their life away on the battlefield is valid but he's doing the exact same thing he criticizes Alfonse for. He's said to fought Muspel and now he's personally fighting the invading zombie army. Yet when Alfonse does it its TERRIBLE. 

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Is it me or is Gustav a bit of a hypocrite. His stance on royals being too important to throw their life away on the battlefield is valid but he's doing the exact same thing he criticizes Alfonse for. He's said to fought Muspel and now he's personally fighting the invading zombie army. Yet when Alfonse does it its TERRIBLE. 

I think he's just being a tsundere. You know, "anger born of worry" and all that.

I knew we'd end up fighting Hel despite Gustav's warning, but I'm disappointed they didn't even try justifying it in-story by having the characters remember the warning and at least try to get away. Just fight her because she's standing in front of you and that's how the gameplay works.

Not surprised, but disappointed.

1 hour ago, NoNameAtAll said:

You had one job Alfonse. Don't pursue Lu Bu--I mean Hel. But you didn't run. You moron.

It’s probably because I’ve been watching someone stream Mother 3, but you specifically calling Alfonse a moron now makes me hope Gustav blows up on Alf like Wess did to Duster.