Book III Opens: December 2018 (Speculation + Discussion)

Coolmanio

On 1/11/2019 at 4:13 PM, Mercakete said:

Loki makes them. Pretty sure that's already been said.

Pretty sure this is what either more paralogues or book 4 will be about (if it's not covered somewhere in book 3; Thrasir is a thing, after all, and she's the one who made the pact with Embla (the dragon) in the first place, if my understanding is correct.) I also suspect that this will lead into (that is, book 4 will be about) plot involving the four dragons (Embla, Askr, Nifl, and Muspell) and Valhalla (again, who I suspect is a light deity.)

Super Paper Mario spoilers (not too major):

Spoiler

I think they are borrowing pieces from the worlds in Super Paper Mario (which was also made by Intelligent Systems). In that game, Luvbi is the angelic daughter of Grambi and Queen Jaydes. Grambi governs the bright land in the clouds called "The Overthere." Queen Jaydes lives separate and rules the dark world called "The Underwhere" (which is the ultimate resting place of "bad" characters after their gameover). She isn't evil in particular, just doing her job (as a sort of judge). I think Eir's father will be from a "light" world. I imagine that all the dragons (Embla, Askr, Nifl, and Muspell) will become mythic heroes too.

Edited by Tree

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be curious to see how this all plays out. I mean, for all we know, the trailer could just be premonition/tone setter or something to that effect.

However, Book 3's main art piece really teases something happening to Sharena rather than Alfonse. Be curious to see what happens. Too bad it'll be a slog to find out as we're getting another seasonal instead of a new chapter next.

54 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

However, Book 3's main art piece really teases something happening to Sharena rather than Alfonse. Be curious to see what happens.

I was thinking about that this morning, actually. Could be that Sharena somehow winds up with the curse instead, and it's because Alfonse was the one initially cursed that he can find a way to bring her back/save her within the time limit she gets. Would also match with the song lyrics, to a degree. "Sacrifice another self," as well as all the references to choosing between two potential futures. But there's also the bits about rescuing a whole world.

Ah, another thing I thought of earlier, but never got around to saying: there may be a hidden joke or reference in having Reyson and Leanne appear here. "Life Returns."

3 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I was thinking about that this morning, actually. Could be that Sharena somehow winds up with the curse instead, and it's because Alfonse was the one initially cursed that he can find a way to bring her back/save her within the time limit she gets. Would also match with the song lyrics, to a degree. "Sacrifice another self," as well as all the references to choosing between two potential futures. But there's also the bits about rescuing a whole world.

Ah, another thing I thought of earlier, but never got around to saying: there may be a hidden joke or reference in having Reyson and Leanne appear here. "Life Returns."

I really do get a feeling that someone is going to take Alfonse's place in regards to the whole curse thing. 

On 1/12/2019 at 11:31 PM, Tree said:
Spoiler

I think they are borrowing pieces from the worlds in Super Paper Mario (which was also made by Intelligent Systems). In that game, Luvbi is the angelic daughter of Grambi and Queen Jaydes. Grambi governs the bright land in the clouds called "The Overthere." Queen Jaydes lives separate and rules the dark world called "The Underwhere" (which is the ultimate resting place of "bad" characters after their gameover). She isn't evil in particular, just doing her job (as a sort of judge). I think Eir's father will be from a "light" world. I imagine that all the dragons (Embla, Askr, Nifl, and Muspell) will become mythic heroes too.

I actually had a theory myself that Eir isn't really Hel's child at all, not biologically anyway. Eir looks like a normal human while the other Hel characters have their bones showing in places. And this would fit with the idea that IS was inspired by Super Paper Mario because

Spoiler

Luvbi wasn't really Grambi and Jaydes's child either. She's actually the final Pure Heart in a disguised form.

2 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

what do you mean? We all know that one minute there equals thirty minutes our time? 

Edited the OP to hopefully make the joke a little clearer. But basically, it was that I wish the story in Heroes progressed as quickly as Frieza time.

On 1/19/2019 at 6:19 PM, Anacybele said:

I actually had a theory myself that Eir isn't really Hel's child at all, not biologically anyway. Eir looks like a normal human while the other Hel characters have their bones showing in places. And this would fit with the idea that IS was inspired by Super Paper Mario because...

Spoiler

I still think they will give Eir a father from a light world. Whether it will be her actual father or not, that I don't know. Also, Dimentio and Loki seem to have a lot of similarities.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at that poster-esque artwork for Book 3 (and specifically Sharena) I'm noticing some design elements for the Askran princess here. There's her black lace choker and semi-transparent gloves, for starters. She also appears to be wearing a black dress (seen as the backdrop behind Thrasir, Hel, and Eir), and is holding 2 white feathers, one in each hand. Could this be an indicator of some sort of ritual where she trades her life for Alfonse's? It'd explain why she's not running from Hel in the preview, while Alfonse is desperately trying to get to his sister while bogged down in the black goop. All the white roses around and how pale she looks also makes it look like she's resting in a coffin or something. Alfonse could totally blame himself for her death, too, since she would have traded her life for his own when he shouldn't have gone after Hel in the first place, like his father (who, along with his mother, would likely be dead by that point too) said. It's easy to see how this would distress him to the degree as is shown in the trailer and ignite the animated desperation with which he takes the fight to Hel herself in her home world. It also matches his expression in the artwork as he fights Lif. There's another design element I noticed with Sharena, though... This could just be artistic, but the further away from her head her hair gets, the whiter it gets. Could it be that she's on some sort of timer herself, with her life draining away, rather than being fully lost? Maybe Hel gives Alfonse a challenge to save Sharena in some vain attempt to spark emotion within herself?

Also, I hope we get an alt of Sharena in this form. I bet her full funeral design is beautiful.

9 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Looking at that poster-esque artwork for Book 3 (and specifically Sharena) I'm noticing some design elements for the Askran princess here. There's her black lace choker and semi-transparent gloves, for starters. She also appears to be wearing a black dress (seen as the backdrop behind Thrasir, Hel, and Eir), and is holding 2 white feathers, one in each hand. Could this be an indicator of some sort of ritual where she trades her life for Alfonse's? It'd explain why she's not running from Hel in the preview, while Alfonse is desperately trying to get to his sister while bogged down in the black goop. All the white roses around and how pale she looks also makes it look like she's resting in a coffin or something. Alfonse could totally blame himself for her death, too, since she would have traded her life for his own when he shouldn't have gone after Hel in the first place, like his father (who, along with his mother, would likely be dead by that point too) said. It's easy to see how this would distress him to the degree as is shown in the trailer and ignite the animated desperation with which he takes the fight to Hel herself in her home world. It also matches his expression in the artwork as he fights Lif. There's another design element I noticed with Sharena, though... This could just be artistic, but the further away from her head her hair gets, the whiter it gets. Could it be that she's on some sort of timer herself, with her life draining away, rather than being fully lost? Maybe Hel gives Alfonse a challenge to save Sharena in some vain attempt to spark emotion within herself?

Also, I hope we get an alt of Sharena in this form. I bet her full funeral design is beautiful.

Yeah, Sharena's appearance in the Book 3 artwork is perhaps the thing I find most intriguing so far, and I really want to see how that particular aspect unfolds.

Agreed. I expected Black!Sharena to be a Mythic Hero down the line but Duma throws that theory into wack with the whole "Mythic Heroes really are godlike" implication he brings (I'm still expecting them to drop the ball on that sooner than later, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it). I love the design already though, just as you all seem to.

10 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Agreed. I expected Black!Sharena to be a Mythic Hero down the line but Duma throws that theory into wack with the whole "Mythic Heroes really are godlike" implication he brings (I'm still expecting them to drop the ball on that sooner than later, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it). I love the design already though, just as you all seem to.

Well, who knows. Could happen.

Makes me wonder who they might potentially use if any more Book 3 characters become Mythic Heroes. 3 of our Legendary Heroes are Book 2 OC's.

• 1 month later...

Ouch; darnit. I generally try to avoid spoilers in the new heroes videos, but it was hard not to be smacked in the face with that purple pit and a very familiar NPC. Looks like we're finally going to Hel, and we'll have to fight someone we once knew... Poor Alfonse. I love how this story's going, though.

21 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

In the Trailer, Hel appears scything Sharena... If this happens, will Sharena become a enemy unit?

Perhaps. It's within Hel's power, and I don't see why she wouldn't. Psychological warfare and all that. I imagine Alfonse will eventually have to defeat his mom, too, at least. But the promo art may indicate that Sharena's body will be protected against this, probably after Alfonse has to off his mom's corpse, which would be after the coming events in this next chapter. Things are even worse for poor Alfonse than we thought...

5 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

In the Trailer, Hel appears scything Sharena... If this happens, will Sharena become a enemy unit?

Good question.

I'm not sure whether to take the Book 3 trailer at face value, as Book 2's trailer really didn't hint at any plot points. All we can say for sure is that Book 3's art piece does imply SOMETHING happening to Sharena.

And if she does become an enemy, I wonder if she would have that same appearance from the artwork, because that would actually be pretty awesome.

5 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Good question.

I'm not sure whether to take the Book 3 trailer at face value, as Book 2's trailer really didn't hint at any plot points. All we can say for sure is that Book 3's art piece does imply SOMETHING happening to Sharena.

And if she does become an enemy, I wonder if she would have that same appearance from the artwork, because that would actually be pretty awesome.

Sharena is so cheerful and optimistic that... having a Fallen Sharera would be amazing! Fallen Sharena would be the opposite of her normal version. Seeing a dark version of such happy character like Sharena would be so interesting.

The two alts that I want to see are: King Alfonse and Fallen Sharena.

5 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Sharena is so cheerful and optimistic that... having a Fallen Sharera would be amazing! Fallen Sharena would be the opposite of her normal version. Seeing a dark version of such happy character like Sharena would be so interesting.

Why does Sharena have to get all glummy? If you're undead, well you already got past the saddest thing of all and can enjoy eternity, if a little rotten in the flesh. Of course, in this particular context, she'd be doing the Danse Macabre to Hel's strings, but if she somehow broke free and remained undead, it wouldn't be a terribly terrible thing. Some flaws I can see, but it has its bright side.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why does Sharena have to get all glummy? If you're undead, well you already got past the saddest thing of all and can enjoy eternity, if a little rotten in the flesh. Of course, in this particular context, she'd be doing the Danse Macabre to Hel's strings, but if she somehow broke free and remained undead, it wouldn't be a terribly terrible thing. Some flaws I can see, but it has its bright side.

Yes... Fallen Sharena would be controller by Hel and forced to fight her brother and friends. She would be sad. And yes, it's possible to Fallen Sharena to be free from Hel's control and return to be herself, even in dead version... But I prefer Sad Dead Sharena then "Hey Summoner, it's your old pal, but dead, Sharena! Let's do something fun! I mean... I don't feel my heartbeat, but that's ok, it's not a huge problem. Let's go!"

If IntSys did Fallen Celica with a moment that last for a minute or two in Echoes, Sad and Depressed Sharena is the one I want.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Well, it looks like the dead branch wasn't anything too spectacular, though it was a little nice touch to Alfonse and Gustav's story. Also got some possible answers on how Hel's powers work.

So now I guess we have the Order of Heroes entering Hel while Henriette holds the fort at home.