Book III Opens: December 2018 (Speculation + Discussion)

Coolmanio

8 hours ago, Yukiko said:

So... Now that Hel has been killed, will Eir replace her? Probably she won't appear in Book 4 story, just like Fjorm didn't appear in Book 3. It would be a nice way to justify her absence. Also, Hel is the death itself, if nobody took her place, would that mean nobody would die anymore?

I don't think Eir is taking over since the implication is that Alfonse is giving her a home in Askr.

Plus, Eir might not even be qualified given her lack of any true relation to the world of the dead.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Yukiko said:

At first I thought this too, but when Hel is killed in chapter 13, she says something like "Can death itself... actually perish?", so I thought that meant she was more than a personification... It's something they left very ambiguous...

It could also be an egotistical thing on her part, but you're right; it is ambiguous...

10 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Plus, Eir might not even be qualified given her lack of any true relation to the world of the dead.

Yeah, this is what's stopping me from thinking Eir can take over too. Unless she can rule in the traditional sense of the word, but can't interact with any of the "deathly" stuff.

8 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I figured Hel was a personification/ aspect of death, not death itself...otherwise the multiverse is about to get much more crowded and Thanos would have an aneurysm. I was certain this was the last we'd see of Eir, but with that hint of her true parentage she may pop up later down the line (or at least get mentioned). Even if not she'll probably show up in future Forging Bonds like Fjorm is right now, so there's that too.

Speaking of Book 4 though, it occured to me this morning that Book 3 started in early-ish December so we're probably due for a reveal any day now. Granted I'm pretty sure we got that Sharena teaser much earlier, so Book 4 may be coming out in January instead (which means each "era" of FEH) will last 13 months, not 12.

P.S. Should we start a Book 4 thread, or are we all waiting for official news about it to come out first?

I don't think they're following any real pattern for Book reveals. Book 2 was revealed not too long before it came out.

Could simply be a matter that they're not doing as many previews as before, kind of like how they've barely even advertised FEH Channels this year, as most of them have just been dropped without prior warning. I see no reason for Book 4 to be held off since we just got its transitional chapter this week (like how the Surtr/Ylgr banner was the transition chapter between Book 2 and 3).

27 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I don't think they're following any real pattern for Book reveals. Book 2 was revealed not too long before it came out.

Could simply be a matter that they're not doing as many previews as before, kind of like how they've barely even advertised FEH Channels this year, as most of them have just been dropped without prior warning. I see no reason for Book 4 to be held off since we just got its transitional chapter this week (like how the Surtr/Ylgr banner was the transition chapter between Book 2 and 3).

in regards of FEH Channels: its better to be surprised then to announce/hype one and then be dissapointed. The ones we had this year by surprised would have been very dissapointing for the content they announced if they would have been announced. I mean usually they go 15 min long and that dumb owl manages to squeeze in maybe 2 things in that time...

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

Huh. Does anyone remember when the Surtr/ Ylgr banner came out? I know you're right that we shouldn't put too much stock in patterns, but it'd be nice to have a rough idea at the very least. I also wonder if the two Book 3 cutscenes we got took up some of the resources they could have spent on FEH Channels...probably just paranoia...

30 minutes ago, Hilda said:

in regards of FEH Channels: its better to be surprised then to announce/hype one and then be dissapointed. The ones we had this year by surprised would have been very dissapointing for the content they announced if they would have been announced. I mean usually they go 15 min long and that dumb owl manages to squeeze in maybe 2 things in that time...

Hmm, there could be something to that. Then again, live events also feel more "special", so I'd be surprised if the Book 4 reveal didn't get a livestream even if nothing else this year does.

22 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Huh. Does anyone remember when the Surtr/ Ylgr banner came out? I know you're right that we shouldn't put too much stock in patterns, but it'd be nice to have a rough idea at the very least. I also wonder if the two Book 3 cutscenes we got took up some of the resources they could have spent on FEH Channels...probably just paranoia...

Hmm, there could be something to that. Then again, live events also feel more "special", so I'd be surprised if the Book 4 reveal didn't get a livestream even if nothing else this year does.

Fire and Ice banner came on November 21. 

Book 3 debuted on December 10th (with no associated banner). Winter's Envoy came afterwards.

11 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Fire and Ice banner came on November 21. 

Book 3 debuted on December 10th (with no associated banner). Winter's Envoy came afterwards.

Thank you very much! I should have looked it up myself, but it was getting really late for me, I apologise!

The Surtr/ Hel Xenologue also came out with that banner, didn't it? If so, we're still on track for an early December Book 4 release considering we got another Xenologue earlier this week. Pattern or no, the lack of teaser still makes me a bit curious. Though the Book 4 Achievements have been added to Google Play, so it can't be that far away, right?

9 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Thank you very much! I should have looked it up myself, but it was getting really late for me, I apologise!

The Surtr/ Hel Xenologue also came out with that banner, didn't it? If so, we're still on track for an early December Book 4 release considering we got another Xenologue earlier this week. Pattern or no, the lack of teaser still makes me a bit curious. Though the Book 4 Achievements have been added to Google Play, so it can't be that far away, right?

Oh, I didn't know about the Book 4 Archievements... Interesting... The next New Heroes Banner will be on Decembers 5th, which will probably have the next version update that can be Ver. 4.0, so I expect the FEH Channel to be early next week.

Ugh, I really hope I can continue playing the game... My phone has pretty much 0 space on it, and Heroes is one of only 2 apps I've installed on it. The other takes up pretty much no space, too... Ugh, I really need a new one...

Anyway, that tap battle's turning out to be pretty cool! Because of the title, I went with my Duma team (including Duma, Fallen Berkut, Fallen Celica, and Fallen Delthea) but it seems to be describing Lif's fall into madness, which I appreciate getting a look into.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Oh, I didn't know about the Book 4 Archievements... Interesting... The next New Heroes Banner will be on Decembers 5th, which will probably have the next version update that can be Ver. 4.0, so I expect the FEH Channel to be early next week.

I totally forgot about that! Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the start of Book 4, thank you so much!

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

Ugh, I really hope I can continue playing the game... My phone has pretty much 0 space on it, and Heroes is one of only 2 apps I've installed on it. The other takes up pretty much no space, too... Ugh, I really need a new one...

That always sucks 😕 Have you considered switching to the lite version of either of those games? Or if you have a lot of files (pictures, documents, etc.) on your phone, maybe you could move them to your PC?

Yeah... Like DefyinhFates said, you can move photos and others documents to the PC, or to a drive. I remember I was having a similar problem last year, but I got a new phone because the one I was using was getting old, so this is not a good advice. lol

it seems to be describing Lif's fall into madness, which I appreciate getting a look into.

If I am not wrong, Líf is the final boss in this Tap Battle... which will be in the same day we get the Mythic Banner... Maybe these two things are related?

Anyway, that tap battle's turning out to be pretty cool! Because of the title, I went with my Duma team (including Duma, Fallen Berkut, Fallen Celica, and Fallen Delthea) but it seems to be describing Lif's fall into madness, which I appreciate getting a look into.

the lite version might be  the answer you need!

There could also be potentially gigabytes worth of cached data in Chrome or whatever browser you run, so do clean up temporary stuff like that.

Failing that, you can also go the emulator route if desperate I guess. I was emulator-only for the first half year or so of this game's life.

@DefyingFates @daisy jane @Diovani Bressan @Humanoid

Already using the lite version, I don't use my phone for browsing but regularly clear it anyway, and all my photos are already stored separately. My phone just sucks storage-wise and has since I got it. Planned on expanding it, but it would require an update that never got released to the US (from a US-based company... What?) and so it's actually impossible to give it any more storage space. It's getting kind of old anyway.

In short, I need a new phone.

Edited by Mercakete

Just now, Mercakete said:

@DefyingFates @daisy jane @Diovani Bressan @Humanoid

Already using the lite version, I don't use my phone for browsing but regularly clear it anyway, and all my photos are already stored separately. My phone just sucks storage-wise and has since I got it. Planned on expanding it, but it would require an update that never got released to the US (from a US-based company... What?) and so it's actually impossible to give it any more storage space. It's getting kind of old anyway.

In short, I need a new phone.

Does it accept (micro)SD cards? You can get the smaller ones (2GB, 4GB) fairly cheaply.

@DefyingFates

Not for expanded storage. I have one in there, but it can't merge with my phone's main storage due to lack of previously-mentioned update. Currently, it's where all my phone photos are, but I'm afraid to take pictures anymore.

Edit: Well, I didn't mean for the topic of discussion to warp to tech issues from an offhanded comment I made. I know what I have to do already, so that's that. If I must, I'll see about the PC version, though I'd prefer to go through intended channels for playing the game.

Edited by Mercakete

45 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

@DefyingFates

Not for expanded storage. I have one in there, but it can't merge with my phone's main storage due to lack of previously-mentioned update. Currently, it's where all my phone photos are, but I'm afraid to take pictures anymore.

Edit: Well, I didn't mean for the topic of discussion to warp to tech issues from an offhanded comment I made. I know what I have to do already, so that's that. If I must, I'll see about the PC version, though I'd prefer to go through intended channels for playing the game.

Huh...happy phone hunting! Heroes' updates come in pretty small chunks, so you should be fine for the near future at least. Hopefully.

11 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Correct, that Xenologue came with the Surtr/Ylgr banner. :)

12 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Huh...happy phone hunting! Heroes' updates come in pretty small chunks, so you should be fine for the near future at least. Hopefully.

Thanks! I appreciate the encouragement, too.

*staying on topic* Well! I sure enjoyed book 3. The story, the music, the character delving... Very nice!

Argh, man, I KNEW Hel would be the next Tap Battle boss after Thrasir!! It says that the next song is "Tragedy of Askr." If that's what we've kind of considered "Hel's theme" (not her battle theme) then it's the music I predicted, too! =D

This time I ran through it with my Berkut team (all 3 Berkuts, + 1 Rinea.) Berkut actually went through a similar (different events, though) downward spiral to Lif. Guess I just love those sorts of tragedies, heheh. My heart goes out to the poor guys, but I appreciate the depth of emotion the such stories bare. It was interesting hearing the various Berkuts' lines right next to each other. You could hear exactly where he was in his timeline... It was incredible.

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Xenomata said:

THROW IT AWAY THROW IT AWAY

THROW IT ALL AWAAAAAY

Throw WHAT away?!

(I know this isn't in the thread you commended in, but this is the more appropriate place to address it.)

There's a lyric in the song that says "throw away the world that you do not need." The song is Lif trying to force himself down the path he's on while his heart writhes in agony. This is both from the losses he's suffered (which have crushed him to the point of an almost all-consuming madness) and from his conscience, as he's acting in direct opposition to what he believes in. So, it's basically what he's telling himself again and again - his mental mantra.

"Only one future, only one world. Only need one answer - let this be it."

He's desperately hoping that he's on the right path to restore his version of Askr, as this is basically his last resort to do so.

"Have to give everything to bring a dead world back to life."

He has to go through Hel's destruction of Askr yet again, clinging to the hope that his own version will be restored as a result. Only this time, he's not only allowing this to happen, but playing a very active role in it: being the one to destroy the land he loves, filled with the people he loves.

"Sacrifice another self."

This more literally means that he intends to kill the Alfonse from the other Askr in order to restore himself and his home. However, it could also mean everything that's important to him, too. Sacrificing another Askr, another Askr's people, another Sharena...

"Life and death must balance in the end."

Basically, the deal Hel gave him. In order for his Askr to be restored, another Askr needs to be destroyed.

"Throw away the world that you do not need."

The conclusion he came to, but still struggles to swallow. He desperately wants his Askr to be restored, to the point where he would do anything to see it happen. However, having such a heart for his country, his family, his friends, and his people, and being such a natural protector, it's extremely difficult for him to intentionally destroy mirrors of those things. In the end, though, they're other versions of those things, and he's doing it to try to get his own people, country, etc. back. So, he's trapped in a moral dilemma, but desperate enough to follow through with it.

"Throw it away, throw it away, throw it all away."

He has a constant internal battle to stick with his choice, but sees no other way to restore his Askr.

"Only one future, only one world."

Again, he's telling himself this. Being a prince of Askr, he knows full well about all the worlds out there. In his truest state, he wants all of them to flourish and live happily. Each one of them and every person within is important to him. However, he's trying not to think that way. What he's telling himself is that it's okay to destroy a mirror of his own world if it's for the sake of his world, even as though the other wasn't real. However, deep inside, he knows it's a lie he's telling himself in a desperate attempt to soothe his conscience and keep pushing forward.

"Only need one answer - return to life."

He's doing everything within his power to restore his Askr to life. That is his only motivation and his desperate goal.

I love tragic heroes. This is why I love Lif's story so much. =D