Coolmanio

Book III Opens: December 2018 (Speculation + Discussion)

On 1/11/2019 at 4:13 PM, Mercakete said:

Loki makes them. Pretty sure that's already been said.

Pretty sure this is what either more paralogues or book 4 will be about (if it's not covered somewhere in book 3; Thrasir is a thing, after all, and she's the one who made the pact with Embla (the dragon) in the first place, if my understanding is correct.) I also suspect that this will lead into (that is, book 4 will be about) plot involving the four dragons (Embla, Askr, Nifl, and Muspell) and Valhalla (again, who I suspect is a light deity.)

Super Paper Mario spoilers (not too major):

Spoiler

I think they are borrowing pieces from the worlds in Super Paper Mario (which was also made by Intelligent Systems). In that game, Luvbi is the angelic daughter of Grambi and Queen Jaydes. Grambi governs the bright land in the clouds called "The Overthere." Queen Jaydes lives separate and rules the dark world called "The Underwhere" (which is the ultimate resting place of "bad" characters after their gameover). She isn't evil in particular, just doing her job (as a sort of judge). I think Eir's father will be from a "light" world. I imagine that all the dragons (Embla, Askr, Nifl, and Muspell) will become mythic heroes too.

Edited by Tree

I'll be curious to see how this all plays out. I mean, for all we know, the trailer could just be premonition/tone setter or something to that effect.

However, Book 3's main art piece really teases something happening to Sharena rather than Alfonse. Be curious to see what happens. Too bad it'll be a slog to find out as we're getting another seasonal instead of a new chapter next.

54 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

However, Book 3's main art piece really teases something happening to Sharena rather than Alfonse. Be curious to see what happens.

I was thinking about that this morning, actually. Could be that Sharena somehow winds up with the curse instead, and it's because Alfonse was the one initially cursed that he can find a way to bring her back/save her within the time limit she gets. Would also match with the song lyrics, to a degree. "Sacrifice another self," as well as all the references to choosing between two potential futures. But there's also the bits about rescuing a whole world.

Ah, another thing I thought of earlier, but never got around to saying: there may be a hidden joke or reference in having Reyson and Leanne appear here. "Life Returns."

3 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I was thinking about that this morning, actually. Could be that Sharena somehow winds up with the curse instead, and it's because Alfonse was the one initially cursed that he can find a way to bring her back/save her within the time limit she gets. Would also match with the song lyrics, to a degree. "Sacrifice another self," as well as all the references to choosing between two potential futures. But there's also the bits about rescuing a whole world.

Ah, another thing I thought of earlier, but never got around to saying: there may be a hidden joke or reference in having Reyson and Leanne appear here. "Life Returns."

I really do get a feeling that someone is going to take Alfonse's place in regards to the whole curse thing. 

On 1/12/2019 at 11:31 PM, Tree said:
Spoiler

I think they are borrowing pieces from the worlds in Super Paper Mario (which was also made by Intelligent Systems). In that game, Luvbi is the angelic daughter of Grambi and Queen Jaydes. Grambi governs the bright land in the clouds called "The Overthere." Queen Jaydes lives separate and rules the dark world called "The Underwhere" (which is the ultimate resting place of "bad" characters after their gameover). She isn't evil in particular, just doing her job (as a sort of judge). I think Eir's father will be from a "light" world. I imagine that all the dragons (Embla, Askr, Nifl, and Muspell) will become mythic heroes too.

I actually had a theory myself that Eir isn't really Hel's child at all, not biologically anyway. Eir looks like a normal human while the other Hel characters have their bones showing in places. And this would fit with the idea that IS was inspired by Super Paper Mario because

Spoiler

Luvbi wasn't really Grambi and Jaydes's child either. She's actually the final Pure Heart in a disguised form.

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Alfonse has one day left to live. I wonder if Hel is going to use Frieza time?

If only the game moved that quickly.

Edited by bottlegnomes

12 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

If only the game moved that quickly.

what do you mean? We all know that one minute there equals thirty minutes our time? 

2 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

what do you mean? We all know that one minute there equals thirty minutes our time? 

Edited the OP to hopefully make the joke a little clearer. But basically, it was that I wish the story in Heroes progressed as quickly as Frieza time.

1 minute ago, bottlegnomes said:

Edited the OP to hopefully make the joke a little clearer. But basically, it was that I wish the story in Heroes progressed as quickly as Frieza time.

i know, i got the joke 🤣 i was just being repetitive.

1 minute ago, silverserpent said:

i know, i got the joke 🤣 i was just being repetitive.

Well, I certainly have egg on my face. :>_<: