Book III Opens: December 2018 (Speculation + Discussion)

Coolmanio

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're probably just referring to us, the summoner, and obviously, we won't die. Maybe we'll be separated story-wise for a little while, with Sharena crying as we fall down into an abyss. 

Is this Revelation 2.0, Electric Boogaloo? 

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

"The light" likely refers to Kiran.

"Kiran" is a genderless given name meaning "ray of light" in Sanskrit.

The Japanese name for Kiran is "Éclat", which is French for "shine".

So we'll be forced to use auto-mode until the next plot twist. 

I'm guessing there will be another Feh Channel in a month. They've been just a month apart in the past, like the August/September 2017 ones.

I stand by my beasts prediction. Fates and Tellius now both look unlikely for December, so perhaps Awakening as the launch banner?

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

"The light" likely refers to Kiran.

"Kiran" is a genderless given name meaning "ray of light" in Sanskrit.

The Japanese name for Kiran is "Éclat", which is French for "shine".

This also fits the way the scene seems to be in first person.

That day, the light died. And Sharena's face gives you troubled feelings.

Could Heroes take a darker theme with Book 3?

Don't worry Sharena, I'm trained for these things.

A couple of things are possible.

It is Fire Emblem so its very possible that king Gustav dies on account of being the father of a lord.

Alfonse getting killed/wounded/kidnapped is possible since Alfonse getting hurt would definitely trigger such a reaction from Sharena, but its not very likely. Alfonse is the closest thing they have to a main character and while his reputation has improved he's still not in a position where his death would tug on many heartstrings. 

Its probably not Fjorm. Sharena seems damaged so there was probably an attack and Fjorm is more likely to die on a sickbed. 

Maybe Kiran? Sharena likes him a whole bunch and while the player avatar isn't going to die he can get warped away which fits with the image of Sharena trying to reach out to something. Because Sharena is reaching out to someone I think Kiran is the likeliest option. 

19 hours ago, Thane said:

They're probably just referring to us, the summoner, and obviously, we won't die. Maybe we'll be separated story-wise for a little while, with Sharena crying as we fall down into an abyss.

11 hours ago, Hilda said:

considering the video. We as a summoner will fall into something or so? Otherwise the first person view makes no sense

9 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

A couple of things are possible.

It is Fire Emblem so its very possible that king Gustav dies on account of being the father of a lord.

Alfonse getting killed/wounded/kidnapped is possible since Alfonse getting hurt would definitely trigger such a reaction from Sharena, but its not very likely. Alfonse is the closest thing they have to a main character and while his reputation has improved he's still not in a position where his death would tug on many heartstrings. 

Its probably not Fjorm. Sharena seems damaged so there was probably an attack and Fjorm is more likely to die on a sickbed. 

Maybe Kiran? Sharena likes him a whole bunch and while the player avatar isn't going to die he can get warped away which fits with the image of Sharena trying to reach out to something. Because Sharena is reaching out to someone I think Kiran is the likeliest option. 

These were basically my thoughts. That is, the view is in first person, and Sharena is damaged. Plus, thinking to what elements are represented in which people, Kiran is the most likely to be "Light." I didn't know about the name stuff that Ice Dragon pointed out, but that just furthers the likelihood, imo, that this guess is correct. Don't forget that a light "dying" typically just means that the light goes away. Since the players are the ones playing Heroes, I don't think we'll actually die (unless the game deletes itself...? Which is unlikely.) In the most recent Forging Bonds, Kiran gets kidnapped, but gameplay continues as usual. Could very well be that Veronica succeeds in kidnapping Kiran this time, or she does something to cause Kiran's bond with the world to falter (since we were summoned to Askr and are actually from present-day Earth.) Being one who can close portals since she's an Embla royal, maybe she finds some way to disrupt Kiran's presence and forces him back to his own world. That said, Kiran can still influence the world in which FEH takes place, using his smartphone/tablet/what have you, even if he's not physically there. Of course, the heroes are the only ones who can do anything from their side of things, and so, from both worlds, they are trying to find a way to bring Kiran back.

This is only a sample of what it could be. Could be a new big bad -- maybe Veronica and Bruno's dad or something -- could be that Kiran's physical form actually dies but he still influences things via spirit, could be something else, too. And whatever the overarching plotline for Book 3, obviously other things will still happen. (I.e., Emblan invasion, Sharena and Alfonse's parents dying, Bruno getting possessed by an evil dragon, etc. etc.)

8 hours ago, Mercakete said:

In the most recent Forging Bonds, Kiran gets kidnapped, but gameplay continues as usual.

I haven't really caught up with forging bonds aside from the free orbs but that's quite a strange scenario. If Kiran is kidnapped then who do the characters talk to when their affinity points get higher?

59 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I haven't really caught up with forging bonds aside from the free orbs but that's quite a strange scenario. If Kiran is kidnapped then who do the characters talk to when their affinity points get higher?

To be fair, when those conversations take place is not specifically stated. Otherwise, they're talking to Kiran on his phone(/tablet/whatever he plays this game on -- oh, cool, look at that 4th wall or whatever remains of it.)

As for the kidnapping, it's way less interesting than it sounds. I can't tell if it was contrived by Kiran/one of the Askr trio/Owain or if it was a thing that really happened organically.

Ominous Sharena is ominous.

They’re not going to kill off a unit we have, at least permanently. Hmm... I do wonder if maybe Book III will have story chapters that we have to complete Squad Assault-style, so they could restrict a “killed” unit like Fjorm until we beat that chapter.

(Also The Light is dying so they cleeeaaarly mean Lucius. RIP)

The light clearly refers to Kiran, because they're the main focus of the army. Without them and their powers, the Army of Heroes is nothing, and plenty of the villains know that. So I have a feeling they are going to be taken away, die, or lose their powers somehow... And that they would being easy target, because they cannot fight without people protecting them... Not to mention it would make sense, because a lot of Loki's story revolves around Kiran, and a lot of are optional conversations imply that she can handle the summoning weapon to some extent... And then there's the cut scene of her and Kiran battling each other in the beginning of Book II... I'm honestly hope we would get the more of Loki, because the last mission with her was quite intriguing... And it's clear she's not there on the player nor the foe's side, so I'm curious to see what her goals are...

I'm sure even if Kiran does die, they can still aid the party in spirit... This was shown to be possible in the other games in the series, with Lilith from Fates, Lweyn from Genealogy, and Tiki from Awakening all doing this... I think that Garnef also did this on the villain's side, but I can't quite remember... Lopytr was able to cause problems despite not having a physical form of his own, and the Demon King was able to inhabit another form for a long time before he was forced to use his... So with all these examples, Kiran dying doesn't seem all that improbable...

On 11/8/2018 at 10:03 AM, Garlyle said:

That day, the light died. And Sharena's face gives you troubled feelings.

Could Heroes take a darker theme with Book 3?

If that’s the case, I hope they do something better than a generic doomsday villain this time XD

Kiran dies. 

Kiran wakes up in a hospital bed after a terrible accident in the real world and realizes everything is a lie. 

Easily the most cliche possible thing to happen, but it'd probably still be better than the entire plot of Book 2. XD

I honestly don't have a clue as to what happens, I just hope it isn't just "[Insert story character] got engulfed in a fire and might be dead, let's go through 13 chapters to find out that they're perfectly fine and that they were looking for us the whole time."

Probably they will go full Infinity War on the Order of Heroes (except Shareena) and have them (Anna, Fjorm, Alfonse) temporarily vanish from the game until you complete the book. It will be interesting to see how Shareena handles the Order of Heroes by her own. 

Also, hopefully beast units are introduced as well. 

Edited by Smog
Thanks for correcting me DF.

1 hour ago, Smog said:

and have them (Anna, Fjorm, Shareena) temporarily vanish

I assume you mean Alfonse? :P

But yeah, this would be an interesting idea. Especially since Sharena's the one who hasn't received any character development or chances to shine so far.

Come to think about it Alfonse is probably quite safe. He can't really die because lots of units mention him in their castle quotes. Setsuna almost shoots him, Niles wants to go to town on him and Ishtar for some reason thinks he's like her creepy boyfriend. It would be weird if they all said this about a dead guy and removing those castle quotes seems like too much effort. 

• 2 weeks later...