Tempest Trials: Before We Met…

Vaximillian

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, dethneer said:

Okay I have decided to go for top 1000. @daisy jane @mampfoid @Vaximillian @Azuris and anyone else, you guys should totally do it with me and suicide pact. because this will totally be suicide by boredom x_x

hahahahaha I don't know if i could get to 1000. 
but i'll be with you until the end of the road, how about that ;) 

1 hour ago, dethneer said:

Okay I have decided to go for top 1000. @daisy jane @mampfoid @Vaximillian @Azuris and anyone else, you guys should totally do it with me and suicide pact. because this will totally be suicide by boredom x_x

Are you doing this manually?

I never auto-battled the tempest and never will.

Nope, autobattle 100% for me. Even Lunatic 2 doesn't have any challenge if I do it manually, so I'm sort of challenging myself by trying to make an invincible auto battle team that never dies even when driven by AI. Right now they can do Hard 2 but still occasionally die at Lunatic 1.

Plus I so do not have the patience to manual to 260k, so many props to people who do lol

3 minutes ago, dethneer said:

Plus I so do not have the patience to manual to 260k, so many props to people who do lol

You do you. Tempest is maybe the only still enjoyable mode for me left in the game (and sometimes arena).

5 hours ago, Azuris said:

May I ask what you guys use your stamina potions for, if not to here? I don't see where I would use them otherwise, so might as well get those feathers.

Not being able to farm HM anymore, makes me value them a lot more, because I have so much units left I want to merge.

I've used portions for TTs in the past, but it became a kind of sanity check to only (or mostly) use regrowing stamina. 

I arrived to top 5k in many TTs until spring by manual play (I don't auto here), but since then I arrive in top 10k which is easier in comparison. 

From time to time I use portions when there is new content and I want to clear everything immediately or when there are new units to level up and the perfect special map is running during a SP multiplier. 

1 hour ago, dethneer said:

Good luck arriving there! I'll pass since I don't auto in TTs and my current score is too low to try it manually. 

I've tried it once in one of the early 10 days TTs and arrived to somewhere like 1,xxx. 

1 minute ago, dethneer said:

Even Lunatic 2 doesn't have any challenge if I do it manually, so I'm sort of challenging myself by trying to make an invincible auto battle team that never dies even when driven by AI.

I wish IS would give us Infernal finally. It would need to score much better than lunatic to make up for the increased need of time to solve it. 

14 hours ago, daisy jane said:

yuppers! i am hoping that after Christmas - i'll be able to do some really good 4+ Merges, and use some feathers to work on some projects to really create some dents in Blessed Gardens and the like. 

and hahaha that was me last month i was actually REALLY high then i was just tired, so i stopped and i dropped a ranking. 
6K feathers is rank 5,001 to 10,000
I'm currently at 21.796. 

Good luck, I'm sure you can do it.

13 hours ago, dethneer said:

Honestly even on autobattle the grind seems way too huge. Although...I sort of want to get top 1k just once just to have done it...

Autobattle isn't too bad, compared to HM farming it requires less frequent input. Just start it once every 90 seconds or so and you can focus your attention elsewhere.

12 hours ago, dethneer said:

I'm with you, but I already did it the last 4 times. It's actually less boring for me now, because when I started goind for top 1k, I stopped playing it manually apart from the first 2 times per day.

11 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I've used portions for TTs in the past, but it became a kind of sanity check to only (or mostly) use regrowing stamina. 

I arrived to top 5k in many TTs until spring by manual play (I don't auto here), but since then I arrive in top 10k which is easier in comparison. 

From time to time I use portions when there is new content and I want to clear everything immediately or when there are new units to level up and the perfect special map is running during a SP multiplier. 

Good luck arriving there! I'll pass since I don't auto in TTs and my current score is too low to try it manually. 

I've tried it once in one of the early 10 days TTs and arrived to somewhere like 1,xxx. 

I wish IS would give us Infernal finally. It would need to score much better than lunatic to make up for the increased need of time to solve it. 

Ah ok, if you don't auto it, it would be such a grind, that makes sense.

And it really is annoying, when a new story chapter gets released, but I can't play it, because tt is still there.

Infernal mode for tt with high costs but really high reward would indeed be nice. Then I would do it myself again.

I'm in the top 200 with about 135k score. I've never bothered getting higher than the top 5k before, but maybe I'll see if I can stay for the 10k feathers this time. I've just been auto battling while playing the new Total War Warhammer DLC and it's been pretty easy since my team's been more consistent than usual.

TT is boring. I never thought I'd see the day that my favorite event just becomes meh. I wish there would be a boss on each stage or something and they'd shuffle them around. I would like to see more story to this event as well. Something that makes me feel like I'm interacting with the event instead of just tapping the screen

8 hours ago, Azuris said:

I'm with you, but I already did it the last 4 times. It's actually less boring for me now, because when I started goind for top 1k, I stopped playing it manually apart from the first 2 times per day.

Hehe see you at the top. 4x is...very impressive! You're right, this isn't so bad once I get into the groove...broke 100k last night, which is like rank ~1100ish right now.

4 hours ago, Alkaid said:

I'm in the top 200 with about 135k score. I've never bothered getting higher than the top 5k before, but maybe I'll see if I can stay for the 10k feathers this time. I've just been auto battling while playing the new Total War Warhammer DLC and it's been pretty easy since my team's been more consistent than usual.

It is nice just to do it once at least. After the first time I'm going to see if I don't hate it enough to go for it again. But yes, the 10k feathers is also great incentive.

20 hours ago, Alkaid said:

I've just been auto battling while playing the new Total War Warhammer DLC and it's been pretty easy since my team's been more consistent than usual.

16 hours ago, dethneer said:

You're right, this isn't so bad once I get into the groove.

I have to say I'm also pleasantly surprised, how it is working so far. I had Mia and Ethlyn in the last two tt as bonus units so they could heal the others back up after they ran face-first into a counter unit. I thought Azura might sing someone to charge ahead and die, but it's actually working out.

I managed to cap out Sharena's HM with this TT, she's the first Askr unit I've capped HM with, Anna and Alfonse still around the 3000 mark. I usually don't really bother with ranking for TT but I've been throwing in my extra stamina with this one, so I'm hoping to 6000 feathers or so at the end.

I have been taking this TT slow since I was not in a rush to get orbs this time and just got to 50k earlier today.  I use TT to farm SP on units, so I am still on my cav team until I get enough on my Elise then it will be Saber and LoliAsura's turn.  Probably Monday.  I normally get in to the top 10k every time, but I just am not motivated this time so I may slack off.  I might farm points towards the end if I get bored/ get a new 5* unit I want to train before the end.

Changed Ophelia's special to Growing Flame, her vanilla special was op anyway in sense of damage and the bigger area covered by Growing Flame is handy for the final map. 

She kills the unit below Mikoto, hurts everyone around, gets danced by Minizura and kills the unit on the left. Mikoto then only cares to heal the unit on the right and doesn't even care to attack Ophelia. 

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Changed Ophelia's special to Growing Flame, her vanilla special was op anyway in sense of damage and the bigger area covered by Growing Flame is handy for the final map. 

She kills the unit below Mikoto, hurts everyone around, gets danced by Minizura and kills the unit on the left. Mikoto then only cares to heal the unit on the right and doesn't even care to attack Ophelia. 

may I get an Ophelia soon. I think she + Lewyn would have magical damage fun together 
(actually, someone in my friends has a Kliff - he's fun too. his attack looks like Lewyn's (just blue coloured)

39 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

may I get an Ophelia soon. I think she + Lewyn would have magical damage fun together 
(actually, someone in my friends has a Kliff - he's fun too. his attack looks like Lewyn's (just blue coloured)

She is fun because of her quotes and her assist animations. Of course her damage potential helps too. :-)

Wouldn't mind to get a Lewyn to run with her, but so far Minizura is just fine. Too bad Odin is blue too, they would be awesome on one team. 

Sorry for the double post, seems most people forgot about this event while being mad about lazy banners.

My arena runs were delayed until tomorrow, so I could use time and stamina for TTs today. Arrived to 5,099th/113k with an all-nukes team (Celica, Ophelia, Minizura, Sakura), but I guess tomorrow will see less play. 

Still amazed how good AoE specials can be, strange I've never used them:

Hgzcqpe.png

More:

Spoiler

ekHsHV6.png

L2TTeWQ.png

After:

ulBteiE.png

zewe9JS.png

m2f67vR.png

gHJHfKG.png

Wanted to give Celica Growing Thunder, to have a corresponding vertical AoE special, until I found out it's limited to Ursula and Camus. 

Edited by mampfoid

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Sorry for the double post, seems most people forgot about this event while being mad about lazy banners.

It's not so much forgetting about it, I still use all my regular stamina on it, but nothing interesting to talk about.

Currently at 212k score/ rank 549, waiting for tomorrow to see how much is needed for the final push to secure top 1k.

Arrived to 5,099th/113k with an all-nukes team (Celica, Ophelia, Minizura, Sakura), but I guess tomorrow will see less play. 

That much with only manual play is quite good, I don't think I could do that anymore, you have my respect.

Still amazed how good AoE specials can be, strange I've never used them:

I'm also guilty of underestimating them, never made a dedicated build or team for it.

But I recently used one on Aversa during her arena bonus week, because I didn't want to fodder Aether, thinking I couldn't merge her and wouldn't have been able to keep tier 21 anyway. The damage of the special itself ignoring WT is pretty nice, helped me blast away a few blue units.

Wanted to give Celica Growing Thunder, to have a corresponding vertical AoE special, until I found out it's limited to Ursula and Camus.

Oh yes, skills locked behind limited units is annoying. But I guess you COULD spend your grails on growing thunder.

16 minutes ago, Azuris said:

Currently at 212k score/ rank 549, waiting for tomorrow to see how much is needed for the final push to secure top 1k.

Good luck for the final race!

That much with only manual play is quite good, I don't think I could do that anymore, you have my respect.

Thanks! It works as long as I have enough units/skills/team combinations to try out and enough time of course. 

I'm also guilty of underestimating them, never made a dedicated build or team for it.

For TTs it doesn't make a big difference, in 85% of their battles, my mage girls would have killed even without specials (therefore "Blazing" specials are even less required).

But I'm playing with the thought of keeping a stash of AoE fodder for arena bonus units like you did with Aversa. 

The damage of the special itself ignoring WT is pretty nice, helped me blast away a few blue units.

It ignores also in-combat effects like Spurs, Drives, Brazen, Bonds, Owl-stuff etc. 

18 minutes ago, Azuris said:

Oh yes, skills locked behind limited units is annoying. But I guess you COULD spend your grails on growing thunder.

Yeah truly annoying. Camus brings Grani's shield and Ursula Blarwolf, both limited as well. 

Na, playing around is not worth the Grails. Blazing Thunder will do. 

22 minutes ago, Azuris said:

It's not so much forgetting about it, I still use all my regular stamina on it, but nothing interesting to talk about.

Ha, ask @daisy jane about forgetting TTs. :-)

With the new(ish) menus, it's also a little bit hidden near unimportant things like tap battles.