Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

@HildaCrap, they're on to us! At least the Aether costs are going down slightly, and by the time the changes take effect, we'll probably be at a point where defense losses are messing with our Lift anyway

Great news for the rank changes though, and yay orbs

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Johann said:

@HildaCrap, they're on to us! At least the Aether costs are going down slightly, and by the time the changes take effect, we'll probably be at a point where defense losses are messing with our Lift anyway

Great news for the rank changes though, and yay orbs

well my castle hastn been attacked since 48 hours. maybe its because my defense win was the described bug, it wont replay properly.

But the changes to aether consunption makes now at least more sense

in anyway they should also have rounded down the lift of the people benefitting from this bug down to the most possible lift gain

I screwed up today. I got distracted and lost my first match and then distraction made me surrender on the preview screen on my second match leaving me with only 1 match for the day. I won it, but that only gave me 100 lift, leaving me at 1900.

Been more lucky with defenses though, with 4 successful defenses in the last 48 hours.  Though I'm abusing a combo of Guidance Aversa, Galeforce Slaying Lance Cordelia, Veronica and a ranged WoM dancer, which is pretty scummy :

Spoiler

96f6c5f210.jpg

Edited by LuxSpes

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

While the difference of 20 grails a week might not sound like much, hovering at 6,000 Lift is worth a minimum of 60 grails a week (30 from Lift, 10 from minimum ranking, 20 from the third daily bonus). Gaining even a mere 10 grails a week over that cuts down the time needed to obtain a certain number of grails by 14%.

If it would have taken you 45 weeks to get those 2,700 grails with 60 grails per week, now, it only takes 39 weeks at 70 grails per week, which is a month and a half faster.

It may be a month and a half slower, but 60 grails per week will get you to the target. It's the same with the feathers you need to go with the grails; you will reach the target either way, but ranking high in other events will get you there faster. Admittedly, you can get feathers from more sources, but you also need feathers to promote/merge non-GHB/TT units so it depends on what projects you prioritise.

4 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

That window for messing them up is pretty tiny when units can routinely become nearly immune to damage (like with the previous mentions of Fjorm).

It literally takes a single mistake to drop you out of Top 1,000. I have had a defense win where an invincible Fjorm simply ran out of turns.

Can you consistently do 36 straight Arena Assault runs without making a single fatal mistake or using an item?

4 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Again, I don't mean this mode solely and in a vacuum will directly prompt sales. But, and again, I'm repeating myself here: it's yet another competitive ladder piled on top of other competitive ladders to, as a collective, pressure people into shelling out. The more of those things on the list, the more easily someone can justify indulging to themselves. It's not about flaunting in one mode, it's about flaunting in every mode, of which the list keeps getting longer.

Adding zero pressure is still adding zero pressure. Adding a meat item to your menu isn't going to boost sales if you have a purely vegetarian clientele.

EDIT: In other news, I missed killing an Aether store in today's runs due to forgetting to attack it when moving next to it. At least that's not quite as damning as losing Lift.

At this point, I'm allowed to miss no more than one Aether store tomorrow and no more than 5 total for the rest of the season.

Mila's Turnwheel when?

Edited by Ice Dragon

13 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Currently rank #754 with 2440 points, which means that people is making lots of mistakes (deaths or not getting the aether)

It's only been 2 hours since the reset, so most players haven't done their runs yet.

I'm sitting at rank 188 with 2,520 Lift, but I'm expecting to drop back into the 900-1,100 range by the end of the day.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Wow I just played against probably the best defense map I've seen so far. It was a Pain+ Razzle Dazzle with +10 everyone, including a +10 Veronica, which I've never seen anyone have. They had it set up so that you had to eat multiple attacks before you can initiate, because if you overextend, someone guaranteed dies. It literally took me 3 hours to figure out how to crack it without losing anyone while getting both aether stores.

Currently rank 700ish but as Ice Dragon said a massive drop is definitely coming. I still want to get at least top 3000 since they're revising the cutoff for the best rewards.

17 minutes ago, dethneer said:

Wow I just played against probably the best defense map I've seen so far. It was a Pain+ Razzle Dazzle with +10 everyone, including a +10 Veronica, which I've never seen anyone have.

Did you fight Lu Bu Feng Xian's defensive Team? Because his team is: Brave Veronica, Elise, Nanna and Clarine, all +10.

25 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Gonna laugh my ass off if it was @Ice Dragon's.

Anyway, this mode has made me realize how much I suck and that I really need to build some other teams. My inability to handle Nowi effectively finally cost me a match.

Mine doesn't have a Veronica, unfortunately.

5 hours ago, Hilda said:

but the defense teams are getting cancerous

But curing cancer is the fun part.

Well darn. I just lost a unit again. I forgot to take into account Legendary Lucina's Future Vision. Or rather I forgot that it swaps and can give her one more space of movement than I thought she had. I think that makes 3 lost units so far and who knows how many missed Aether structures at the start(been pretty good lately though). And I keep hoarding Aether every other day or so, so my free matches haven't been worth as much as they could have been. Wonder if I can make the 3000 then. @Javi Blizz and I are currently tied with each other so at least I have company! Also I could have sworn Ice Dragon was on my friends list, but apparently not, because Blizz and I are the highest ranked on my Friends list. Though that is subject to change as the day wanes.

Edited by Usana

Dammit, I lost my first unit today. I meant to move Aversa to a spot in the corner but I accidentally attacked an Aether pot with her first and she was left in range of the Halloween Myrrh I was kiting around. I also ran into a map where it was basically impossible for me to keep the enemy team alive long enough to reach an aether pot tucked away in the corner. I had to bait them all at once with with Camilla who couldn't help but kill them all. Maybe I need a bulky mixed defense unit without DC in one of my teams for when I need to stall longer, but I don't really have another unit like that.

I also hope I'm not stuck for the rest of the season with 30~ aether I can't spend. That's almost a full match wasted, but the rising cost and missing a couple of aether items has it stuck there.

I kind of like how there's so many different maps possible maps due to the way we can place buildings, even though we technically only have half a dozen terrains to select from. That said, I'll probably enjoy the mode a lot more once the initial rush is over. I'm still technically 'taking it easy' since I only play the mode when I want to---but doing that means I often have to play chains of like 5 games at once since I let my Aether build up.

Spoiler

UDqfJHH.png

Just because I can be consistently good doesn't mean I like being consistently good. : /

(There's a reason I like tactics drills. I love being able to just slam my units in without worrying about consequences, since there aren't any.)

12 hours ago, Hilda said:

in anyway they should also have rounded down the lift of the people benefitting from this bug down to the most possible lift gain

That'd be disappointing, I deliberately lowered my score as to take advantage of it when I could've easily kept it perfect. They know how they screwed up, and I think once we start getting into the higher tiers, it'll balance itself out one way or another.

1 minute ago, Garlyle said:

Looking at next season units of AR. Ike, Sharena, Ursula and Azura are potential bonus heroes for me as 5* units. Should I use them together on offense?

Not a terrible idea, since they're all capable units. A bonus unit gains more than a +10 non-bonus unit, so there's that. Versatility is a key aspect of team building here, and I can assure you everybody is going to have Azura on their defense team, so being able to tank/counter her and other offensive units will be invaluable. I'll probably use Ike/Azura/Ursula/Frederick as a sort of core line-up with some variations. I only wish it would be Earth season.

Also remember that you can make 5 teams, and pick which of those 5 goes into battle AFTER you've seen the enemy map. If you have enough units to prepare teams for different enemy setups, you'll be good to go. 

29 minutes ago, Johann said:

Not a terrible idea, since they're all capable units. A bonus unit gains more than a +10 non-bonus unit, so there's that. Versatility is a key aspect of team building here, and I can assure you everybody is going to have Azura on their defense team, so being able to tank/counter her and other offensive units will be invaluable. I'll probably use Ike/Azura/Ursula/Frederick as a sort of core line-up with some variations. I only wish it would be Earth season.

Also remember that you can make 5 teams, and pick which of those 5 goes into battle AFTER you've seen the enemy map. If you have enough units to prepare teams for different enemy setups, you'll be good to go. 

On second thought I did not really built my Sharena, only gave her Fensalir refine, so maybe I bring someone else and leave her for @Vaximillian. The others I think are ready, found their effectiveness in other challenges. Azura can get rid of the Rein, and Ursula beats Vera.

2 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

On second thought I did not really built my Sharena, only gave her Fensalir refine, so maybe I bring someone else and leave her for @Vaximillian. The others I think are ready, found their effectiveness in other challenges. Azura can get rid of the Rein, and Ursula beats Vera.

One thing to keep in mind, a built Ursula can get some pretty high Res (especially with Fury and Brazen Atk/Res), to the point where Veronica can't hurt her. You can use that to kill everybody but Veronica, and leave her alive and doing 0's to Ursula as you take out the pots safely. You could do something similar with Azura, but it's riskier since she needs to be next to somebody to get good Res.

17 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

On second thought I did not really built my Sharena, only gave her Fensalir refine, so maybe I bring someone else and leave her for @Vaximillian. 

The ping wasn’t even necessary, I don’t care about the mode enough to put any thought into my fort (read: inject cancer to ruin people’s days) past 4,000 points.

On the first day I was pretty careless and I'd lost 2 units, losing me 40 points. I haven't lost anything since, and I'm doing pretty well when it comes to destroying aether pots, too.

Sitting at 2560 Lift, rank 214.