Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

7 hours ago, Usana said:

Well darn. I just lost a unit again. I forgot to take into account Legendary Lucina's Future Vision. Or rather I forgot that it swaps and can give her one more space of movement than I thought she had. I think that makes 3 lost units so far and who knows how many missed Aether structures at the start(been pretty good lately though). And I keep hoarding Aether every other day or so, so my free matches haven't been worth as much as they could have been. Wonder if I can make the 3000 then. @Javi Blizz and I are currently tied with each other so at least I have company! Also I could have sworn Ice Dragon was on my friends list, but apparently not, because Blizz and I are the highest ranked on my Friends list. Though that is subject to change as the day wanes.

I got the opposite problem. I stayed away too far because there was a Future Vision Lucina but she ended up never using it, and barely won before turn 7 ended. I would be extremely interested in what causes the AI to use or not use Future Vision.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lack of BST sorting is a double edged sword.  I get to use Smolzura long before merges or Green Infantry Duel, but the enemies are flooded with Reinhardt, Brave Lyn, Aversa, healers, dancers, and other enemies more difficult to content with than armors and dragons.

Edited by Nowi's Husband

Ran into a supreme Armor Emblem team (Legendary!Tiki, Halloween!Myrrh, Hardin) led by a nearly invincible Fjorm. All were highly merged and had defensive skills, and the fortress layout was impressive as well. (At times like this, I would like a replay for offensive battles too...)

I ran my classic Arena Core team (Ryoma, Nino, Ephraim + Fjorm). Despite the enemy advantage, Desperation Nino still deletes everything when properly supported. I did make a mistake with the enemy Fjorm and lost my own, but I was still happy with the outcome.

Overall, while I should be caring about getting extra Aether, I can't be bothered to go out of my way and incorporate it into my strategies. If it is convenient and possible, I'll do it. Otherwise, I'll skip the Aether stores and just win the match. It does suck that Aether costs get completely insane and I foresee raids costing more than 50. I guess I'll try and be content with the daily free offensive if I ever get that far...

28 minutes ago, Qilin said:

I would be extremely interested in what causes the AI to use or not use Future Vision.

The AI treats Future Vision identically to Swap. Units will use it only if it will move the targeted ally to a square of lower threat ("threat" is calculated as the number of enemies that can target a tile if you remove all of your allies blocking the enemies' movement).

First “impression”? It’s boring. It’s like the Arena but with customizable “maps” and gimmicks. 

What I want is better character development and a semi decent story. This clearly isn’t. 

Book 2 was a joke. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

9 minutes ago, Zeo said:

So... why is Fjorm invincible in this mode? What build is everyone using because... my Matthew team eats her.

I've been having the opposite kind of problem from invincible units... Enemies being too frail for me to reach the aether items before they all die. I can't help but bait multiple enemies with all these layered threat range teams, and usually the last one standing is a cav or something that I can't easily kite around and I'm forced to kill them too soon. Stuff like armor teams are usually a blessing so I can leave one crawling around until I've collected everything.

Fjorm is only invincible if your fortress is massively outleveled by your opponents, otherwise she's just a reasonably tanky unit. I ran into an invincible Fjorm, but that's because I never upgraded my defense fortress or built a defensive Bolt Tower.

Only need to get through eight more runs this season. God, I hope I don't screw up.

I've been getting a hell of a lot more careful. Armors are still invincible.

Currently sitting at rank 163 with 2,820 Lift, which is promising. I didn't get to see what my rank was before the reset, but it hadn't been dropping as fast as I thought it would through the day.

1 hour ago, RexBolt said:

Edit: weird. The replay doesn't go all the way. 

There are some bugs with the replay feature, such as failing to account for Ally Support and maybe other things.

My only issues with the mode is the limited number of times we can play per day (2-3 max right now) with the Aether cost continuing to climb, and the pressure it puts on people who want to do a perfect run. I guess if they let you do it as many times as you wanted per day and picked your top ~3 runs to count for that day, everyone would be Rank 1, which would be silly.

Other than that, I love the mode, I appreciate how much fun it is to brainstorm your offense/defense setups.

Hmm... since the Aether cost change will happen later tonight, but before the day change, it should be possible for a player to get a score of 3,700 if they played absolutely perfectly, by which I mean they can only have missed 1 Aether from pots (or 3 if they upgraded their own pots before doing their very first fight). I coulda pulled that off! Anyway, the number of people capable of such a score is less than 100, so 3680 is still super safe

13 minutes ago, Johann said:

Hmm... since the Aether cost change will happen later tonight, but before the day change, it should be possible for a player to get a score of 3,700 if they played absolutely perfectly

Nice, thanks for your calc confirmations. And It's nice to see the suspicious top rankers losing their big lead over the legitimate perfect run players, there's only one left now.

I thought I was going to lose a unit or lose an aether break on my last match of the day, but managed to find a perfect clear on turn3; bless people putting Dazzling on their healers, makes it so much easier.

Spoiler

feh_aether_offense_tier7_turn3_win.jpg?w

33 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I finally got my first Successful defend after like 20 failures and the video crashes because I'm S-Supported with one of the units, I cri~

That was supposed to be fixed. Did your game update?

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Last night's update was just the Tempest Trials background music. The change to Aether consumption and broken replays is tonight.

That makes sense, then. I figured everything was bundled into the one update. Looks like the update will land in 7 hours from now.

What do you guys think is a better investment for next season, upgrading aether storage or defense fortress? On one hand, upgrading the storage lets you start off with an extra 50 aether, giving you an extra run (assuming your storage already has its first upgrade, which is a no brainer). However, upgrading the fortress gives your defense team +4 to all their stats and may help them gets kills that they wouldn't otherwise get, which means you lose less lift from other people raiding you when you hit Tier 11. If your extra run is worth, say, 120 lift (100 from a perfect run and 20% aether refund from destroying pots), you would need to get an extra 6+ kills over the course of the season on defense to make defense fortress worth upgrading (if you get -20 to total lift lost per kill, which seems reasonable since its 80 for a wipe).

Also how do we get more green dew? I must've missed it when they were talking about it during the tutorial but I can't for the life of me find it anywhere in the list of rewards.

I have a feeling they will eventually let us upgrade the Aether regen thing. Right now it sits at level 1 un-upgradeable and states it generates 50 a day. It would be so worth if we could upgrade it, even if it's just +10 Aether a day per level.