Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

14 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Can't be a very large group, though, since the people between ~300 and ~1800 are just 1.5k, and we're talking about a tiny fraction of those.

Based on my rank for the past few days, I'd estimate the number of players in the bucket of barely-missed-an-extra-run-today-but-will-make-it-up-on-Sunday to be about 200-300 players, which is fairly substantial.

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

I don't think the "score" would be based on BST/arena score. I'd base the "quality" of a defence team on the number of wins it gets.

I'd be surprised if they could make a system that could gauge what that really means, though. I've seen a split of maps that are set up well and ones that were really easy to clear perfectly. I think it's just random.

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

I'd be surprised if they could make a system that could gauge what that really means, though. I've seen a split of maps that are set up well and ones that were really easy to clear perfectly. I think it's just random.

Since it tracks your defence wins, it could just use that. I use quotation marks for "quality" because if you get 2 defence wins, it doesn't necessarily mean your map is harder than one that gets 1 win, or easier than one that gets 3 wins.

Edited by Baldrick

A few days ago I moved my aether pots to the front row. Today I took off everyone’s weapons and left them in the open. Defense losses seem largely inevitable as it stands right now, and even then, fuck it. Seeing other people lose units or miss pots is bothering me way too much knowing how strict this mode is.

Just now, Baldrick said:

When does the season end? I figured it was this time tomorrow but it still says 1 day left.

Announcement says every Aether Raid season ends on Monday 7 AM. (And starts on 3 PM.)

I'm... hoping they're going to have it so that you don't regen Aether or your free fight on Sunday, ideally you won't regen Monday night either, but it's possible that the mode's going to be like Voting Gauntlet where you're more or less expected to play just after midnight (and in the 9 hour period between 3 PM and midnight).

Fuck that, though, if the mode ends up like that I'll just eat the one or two days of aether regen and play in the kiddie pool with all the uncool kids. I need my 10 hours of sleep.

10 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I'm... hoping they're going to have it so that you don't regen Aether or your free fight on Sunday, ideally you won't regen Monday night either, but it's possible that the mode's going to be like Voting Gauntlet where you're more or less expected to play just after midnight (and in the 9 hour period between 3 PM and midnight).

I checked the announcement, it says 6pm start 10am end (I think it adjusts for local time) which is 16 hours. Still unfair to those who can’t play in that period.

I can tell you there’s nothing wrong with the kiddie pool. I just want one more fight to hit tier 9.

Lost another unit on the last match today from 2 dumb mistakes. I'm so used to associating Mulagir + Sacae's Blessing that when I saw a Lyn with a Brave Bow set my mind skipped right over that she still had Saccae's. So I went to bait both Lyn and Rein over a wall with Camilla and Lyn attacked and.. no counter. Then she got danced + Moonbow proc and killed her. She might have lived since her damage barely made the kill, but I'd also made the mistake of putting Cordelia next to her for the support drive buff since I let Aversa's presence slip my mind the moment I went to move her. Just the previous turn I'd even reminded myself to not do the next turn..

At least I did get both aether items and didn't lose the match, but it was close. I almost ran out of time trying to get the enemies to move into Cordelia's range around all the walls, but Galeforce letting me finish both PA Azura (killed her thought TA) and Lyn on turn 7 was clutch.

3 perfect runs today, with that I am back and have a new chance reaching Top 3k. 3,220 lift now and Rank 903 and tomorrow I will have 3 runs. 
Now I only need to be careful for tomorrow. 
Guess I was a bit lower on the aether. Just only this time I want to be in the top 3k. After that I don't care. xD 
I got the third run many players got yesterday just today (sign at Ice Dragons explanation), which is why my rank improved.

Edited by Stroud

Just a quick reminder. Aether raid seasons end 8 hours before the Monday reset (or Sunday night for anyone GMT -8 or less). About 36 hours from this post. This is similar to the arena, just a day earlier. So make sure to finish up your battles before that time tomorrow.

Messed up pretty big. 

My Reinhardt had his skills equipped for RD and forgot to equip his kit before playing (that's what you get for playing right after waking up). 

Funny enough, I won my free run from the day with that and didn't even noticed until the second run. I'd be able to win and, breaking 2 pots, get a 3rd run for today that would get me up to 32xx. Now I'm only at 30xx with 36 aether. 

I'll have to make perfect runs tomorrow to have a chance to get a passable rank. 

God dammit this skill switching forth and back is tiresome. Can we also have a lock for offensiv Teams? It realky is bothering me to chanfmge the skills back and forth between Arena, PvE and now Aether Raids. Fucking Logistic nightmare.

Or better yet just allow to change skilks point blank

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

God dammit this skill switching forth and back is tiresome. Can we also have a lock for offensiv Teams? It realky is bothering me to chanfmge the skills back and forth between Arena, PvE and now Aether Raids. Fucking Logistic nightmare.

Or better yet just allow to change skilks point blank

I have been wanting this forever. This is the sole reason I loathe Arena Assault. All to often I get 4-6 runs in and realize one of my solid units for the situation is unequipped for say training up others. Or just plain equipped wildly due to trying to clear Abyssal. I can understand not letting us change seals since they obviously don't want us double using one, but it would be nice if they could make seals work like units in that you can't use it if it was already in play. Still the skills sets are my big one, I could live with seals not being as easily adjustable, they don't regularly break my units, but having your weapon de-equipped is rather painful(Tikipop runs into this issue a lot for me since I have been training a bunch of dragons lately and she makes a decent wall).

I was doing pretty well (Flier Emblem is the best), but the other day I lost my first battle... I think I'm 160 points below what I could be now, but I have missed a few pots too, so I'm not sure how that will add up in the end.

I'm currently at rank 1557, though, which is better than I expected. I guess I shouldn't expect that to hold.

Well, I will take the first week as a learning experience and accept that I will not get a defense win this season.
Not having that Bolt Tower really hurt my defense team and most of the time the lack of stats caused my units doing zero damage.

Also screwed up here and there, resulting in a paltry 2960 score overall. I should have build more diverse Raid parties but the damage is done at this point.

Anyone else starting to feel the lack of Aether? I could only engage on a single fight besides the free one because the next fight costs 39 Aether (with 32 remaining).
It's a shame because losing the remaining supply really hurts.

Edited by The Priest

I still need to figure out the secret for defense teams. I've gotten 16 defenses and only 2 have been wins. Both loses were time outs where the people spent too long positioning units. About half of them the attacker loses 1-2 of their units, and only a single team has actually gotten all the aether items. Seems like most don't even bother trying to break the pots if they look too troublesome, so they're not working well as bait to cause risky play to nab a win.

I thought about putting lunge on some firesweep units, but even if that ruins some people's perfect matches I doubt it'll cause the wipe needed for a successful defense. At this point I'm already reserving myself to the inevitable -80 lift per day next week.

55 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I thought about putting lunge on some firesweep units, but even if that ruins some people's perfect matches I doubt it'll cause the wipe needed for a successful defense. At this point I'm already reserving myself to the inevitable -80 lift per day next week.

It can wipe out teams, I just saw this.

I am also trying to come up with something. I have my eyes set on obstruct for stalling. But still need time.

Edited by Stroud

I mean that was just the offensive team being badly built + played badly.

Horse Lyn in place of Klein gives you a 100% safe opener in: kill Aether Fountain, get danced, move up 1 square so Selena doesn't attack you. Afterwards snipe Cherche for free---dance Horse Lyn with Azura and then move Horse Lyn to where Azura had been---and the team will start running towards you to get destroyed. Cordelia will even conveniently block Olwen for you while leaving Selena high and dry 2 squares from everyone else.

Edited by DehNutCase

I thought that my awful score of 3,120 would leave me around top 30k this week because I made a ton of mistakes when I was trying to get a feel for the mode but right now I'm around top 10k. Guess having a dedicated team for this really makes the mode pretty easy (Siegbert/Lolizura/Veronica/Bonus is a pretty solid team with good reach to get those Aether pots). 

I think IS erased the corrupted replays with the patch because it only shows 3 def wins when I had like 5 but two of those couldn't be played.

I can see the potential of this mode. Aether raids is an enjoyable, challenging, and a creative mode where I can use my beloving team (well, except bonus units) to face different metas, not like Arena, the armored-units are always on your way. In this mode, I can't retry, which means I have to be careful to plan each step (kinda reminds me of permanent death). All being said, I enjoy this new mode, though I don't like a certain aspect of it. The one thing is the stamina, which can't be accumulated in each season. I'm the kind of person who prefers pushing the events to the weekend so that I can focus and enjoy them. But in this new mode, if I want to participate, I have to play every day in order to claim the match without stamina. I wish they will change this design into a mode without much restriction in time. All in all, I love this mode, hopefully, it's getting better and better after 3.0.

Edited by Fleugana