Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

Special structures are basically breakable walls with only 1 hit needed. They don't seem to have any other property. You can use it to not make your unit throw themselves at the enemy

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Maybe they are impassable?

Still expensive for a wall. 

8 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Special structures are basically breakable walls with only 1 hit needed. They don't seem to have any other property. You can use it to not make your unit throw themselves at the enemy

Wow, then it's a hard pass for me. 500 (some new currently) for something every other structure does in addition to it's main purpose? 

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Wow, then it's a hard pass for me. 500 (some new currently) for something every other structure does in addition to it's main purpose? 

It’s a single-use currency that is obtained from easy quests (beat up enemies and play ayther arena). Why not grab the structures? The flower bed and the lamp post at least look nice.

What the hell it just got a million times harder.  I actually had a complete loss, and one where I had only a single survivor.  How am I facing all +10 units with Death blow 4 and dancers, seasonal armors.  They all have whale skills.   It is absolutely ludicrous.  I'm going to now just use the minimum aether each day and hopefully these people with all +10 units can ascend higher and I don't have to face them.  

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Because you're allowed only a maximum of 5 functional structures on your map at once. If you want more shit to clog up your map and make it a pain to get through, the decoration items allow you to add an additional 4 decoration structures.

Well, I managed to get the bronze throne despite my awful performance yesterday. Just to see that I can’t place it :/

I think I’m going to create 2 of the new decorative structures, just for having dew for upgrading the O Fortress and to stall a bit more turns

14 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Still expensive for a wall. 

You might as well use them. The Aether Stone SP items disappear once the event is done. Frankly, you have nothing to lose by spending them on the special event structures.

Plus, said stones are easy to get. You could complete all the quests for them without even really trying.

Edited by Sentinel07

2 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

You might as use them. The Aether Stone SP items disappear once the event is done. Frankly, you have nothing to lose by spending them on the special event structures.

The opportunity cost of the event structures is upgraded levels on your functional structures.

Well, I actually lost a matched on the very second one of the day. Absolutely awful enemy team of Veronica, Maribelle (pain build), NY Azura, and BLyn(Firesweep).

There was basically nothing I could do to prevent somebody getting danced and killing one of my units. My only hope was that if I broke a structure that I could bait Maribelle with Adrift Camilla and hope Veronica would move straight down toward my Azura into the broken building's spot, so nobody would be in the Azura's dance range. Well, Veronica decided to move diagonally and so she moved down and killed Azura, debuffed Camilla and I could kill Maribelle and Lyn but Veronica was going to get danced kill the rest of my team no matter what after that.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Because you're allowed only a maximum of 5 functional structures on your map at once. If you want more shit to clog up your map and make it a pain to get through, the decoration items allow you to add an additional 4 decoration structures.

Ok there is a restriction? Didn't know that. 

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

The opportunity cost of the event structures is upgraded levels on your functional structures.

Yeah, that was my thought. 

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

It’s a single-use currency that is obtained from easy quests (beat up enemies and play ayther arena). Why not grab the structures? The flower bed and the lamp post at least look nice.

It's easy to get now, because IS gives us a head start with the missions. 

3 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

You might as use them. The Aether Stone SP items disappear once the event is done. Frankly, you have nothing to lose by spending them on the special event structures.

Most likely there will be other special limited structures in the future with the same functionality. 

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

And that means what?

You'll be delayed in upgrading the functional structures if you build the special stuff now. 

2 minutes ago, colossus86 said:

They don't use the same stones as your regular structures. Its a special event currency.

... Way to make the currencies easily distinguishable.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

What you are passing up by spending resources on glorified breakable walls is levels on your structures that actually do something.

Except the special structures use a completely different currency than the functional structures.

2 minutes ago, colossus86 said:

They don't use the same stones as your regular structures. Its a special event currency.

You are right ... a new currency already on the second season, makes sense ... 

The other useless decorative stuff (Accessories) was given out without the need of a new currency. 

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Ok there is a restriction? Didn't know that. 

Yeah, that was my thought. 

It's easy to get now, because IS gives us a head start with the missions. 

Most likely there will be other special limited structures in the future with the same functionality. 

You'll be delayed in upgrading the functional structures if you build the special stuff now. 

I feel like you're completely misunderstanding how this works.

The special structures have a completely different currency. They take nothing away from the normal Aether Stones you've been saving up..

On a completely unrelated note...

Whoever designed the Aether Raids UI is a fucking moron. Whose great idea was it to have the back button from the structure upgrade menu in the top-left corner, the back button from the map edit screen in the bottom-left corner, the back button from the Aether Raids main screen in the top-left corner again, and the main menu on the bottom again?

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

On a completely unrelated note...

Whoever designed the Aether Raids UI is a fucking moron. Whose great idea was it to have the back button from the structure upgrade menu in the top-left corner, the back button from the map edit screen in the bottom-left corner, the back button from the Aether Raids main screen in the top-left corner again, and the main menu on the bottom again?

I know right? I've been going back and forth between menus all the time... Mostly because Im impatient though ;p 

also.. 149 grails.... sigh. No merge for 2 more days I guess.

53 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

You are right ... a new currency already on the second season, makes sense ... 

The other useless decorative stuff (Accessories) was given out without the need of a new currency. 

Im not liking the idea of one more currency...As a new player i was already kind of lost with the amount of stuff that i can trade in the game, hell there is stuff that im accumulating and not using at all (arena medal ¬¬)

17 minutes ago, Falter said:

also.. 149 grails.... sigh. No merge for 2 more days I guess.

Same here, but two days isn't too bad. Two weeks ago I didn't think I'd be able to +10 M!Marth this year at all. 

1 minute ago, Eilanzer said:

Im not liking the idea of one more currency...As a new player i was already kind of lost with the amount of stuff that i can trade in the game, hell there is stuff that im accumulating and not using at all (arena medal ¬¬)

There should be a new currency that made the other currencies usable. 

4 minutes ago, Eilanzer said:

This “currency” is not going to accumulate. The current quests give out 1,500 pseudo-rocks in total, and there are three structures each costing 500 pseudo-rocks.
Once the quests expire, the pseudo-rocks will all go away.

Think of them as of flags in voting gauntlets. They aren’t true currency, and they have one purpose and one purpose only.