Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started this Aether Season pretty bad... losing two attacking battles because I took too much time to start to attack in one battle, and for bad positionament in the other...

5 minutes ago, colossus86 said:

On an unrelated note, I didn't expect the same bonus units for 3 weeks but maybe I should have.

I believe it's for the same reason we will have the same arena bonus for 3 weeks: the next arena season with new bonus units will have a Book III unit, and the same can happen for the Aether bonus units.

80 lift lost already with 2 defense failures right after the reset. I didn't even get to start my matches yet for the season and I'm already behind. I'm just utterly stumped on defenses. Even unmerged Lyn/Rein/dancer teams are beating anything I attempt to make. Even emulating other people's successful maps has been a complete failure at stopping my lift from getting trashed every day. I don't like complaining about the same thing so much, but this is the most frustrated the game has made me in a long while.

24 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I started this Aether Season pretty bad... losing two attacking battles because I took too much time to start to attack in one battle, and for bad positionament in the other...

I believe it's for the same reason we will have the same arena bonus for 3 weeks: the next arena season with new bonus units will have a Book III unit, and the same can happen for the Aether bonus units.

I hope to god book 3 means Fjorm gets taken out of the permanent arena bonus rotation. Never made sense to me we had 3 unmergable, gen 1 bst units and one mergable, gen 2 bst legendary in a fixed rotation.

4 minutes ago, colossus86 said:

I hope to god book 3 means Fjorm gets taken out of the permanent arena bonus rotation. Never made sense to me we had 3 unmergable, gen 1 bst units and one mergable, gen 2 bst legendary in a fixed rotation.

Yeah... it's quite weird that Fjorm is on the free unit rotation... If IS will keep Fjorm in the rotation, Legendary Ike should be in the rotation too, since he is also a free unit.

Well my defense team just broke a 5 man offense. Mostly because they lacked the bonus building so my team was the one with +4. I wonder if that means where at the point where folk will have trouble keeping up with bonus buildings or if this individual decided the healing offense building was so worthless that it even getting bonus stats wasn't worthless. Seriously. That building sucks.

Decided to invest in 5th defender instead of another attacker. First defense of the day, completely wiped out opponent's entire team. :B):

Think it was the right call, fought 3 battles so far and none of them had a 5th on defense so it was just business as usual for my 4 man raid group. Maybe that will change when people wake up and get a chance to spend their stones?

Had quite the interesting start to my season. Ran into a 5 unit team for my first battle. They had a +10 B!Lyn with firesweep, cancel affinity, double poison strike and savage blow, a +10 Veronica with her weapon and savage blow, a +10 Maribelle with Pain+ and vantage, a +10 Elise with Gravity+ and vantage, and a +10 Nanna with Pain+, double savage blow, and vantage. They literally had them in a line with obstacles blocking me from moving past the starting row. Even with two of them locked down from Loki and tactics room, I still lost a unit... TA Gronnraven Cecilia couldn't keep up thanks to the pain and savage blow damage, but she tanked enough to help me get through it at least.

My second battle, I ran into another healer team, though it wasn't as bad, but I still screwed up because I rushed and didn't check the damage Cecilia did against the Veronica and ended up leaving her alive to kill one of my units.

Down 120 lift thanks to the defense loss. Hopefully the rest of the week isn't like this.

I think they need to make it so you don't need to fight every day to maximize your rewards. Seriously considering going full slacker and just playing 5 times a week for the dailies...but then my base will take forever to build up...but playing every day takes so much time....blarghhhhhhh

Builded both Healing Towers in order to have all the 100 stones buildings (if I'm remembering well) created. My defense team still sucks, but at least I'm not losing as much lift as expected. Currently 4980 lift, which is more than I expected.

So, with your lift resetting to the minimum for your tier each week... what exactly will it take to get from Tier 20 to Tier 21?

That's what, 1,600 lift over the course of a week where Aether costs are 103+? I assume it's possible, but it looks like it'd take playing near-perfectly just to get enough offense points, while being unable to afford defense losses.

47 minutes ago, Othin said:

So, with your lift resetting to the minimum for your tier each week... what exactly will it take to get from Tier 20 to Tier 21?

That's what, 1,600 lift over the course of a week where Aether costs are 103+? I assume it's possible, but it looks like it'd take playing near-perfectly just to get enough offense points, while being unable to afford defense losses.

If we round down to 100 Aether per battle and assume 200 starting Aether, that's 9 base battles per week. Getting all pots on all matches grants at best a tenth match and a ton of pocket change (unfortunately, the first match being free and starting at the player's cap doesn't allow for smashing Aether pots to be relevant). That's only 1000 lift before taking into account defense losses. Aether Fountain upgrades are absolutely going to be a requirement.

7 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

If we round down to 100 Aether per battle and assume 200 starting Aether, that's 9 base battles per week. Getting all pots on all matches grants at best a tenth match and a ton of pocket change (unfortunately, the first match being free and starting at the player's cap doesn't allow for smashing Aether pots to be relevant). That's only 1000 lift before taking into account defense losses. Aether Fountain upgrades are absolutely going to be a requirement.

Over the course of seven days, you'll get 300 additional Aether from the daily reset, putting you up to 1,400 Lift if you break enough boxes.

If we're able to upgrade our Aether regeneration to 100 per day (+50 from where we are now), we're still only at 1,700 Lift per week if you have no defense losses that count.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Over the course of seven days, you'll get 300 additional Aether from the daily reset, putting you up to 1,400 Lift if you break enough boxes.

If we're able to upgrade our Aether regeneration to 100 per day (+50 from where we are now), we're still only at 1,700 Lift per week if you have no defense losses that count.

Oops, right, forgot to count the level 1 Fountain regen. Still, the way these numbers all come together, it's probably going to need to be 150 regen from Aether Fountain level 3. And even at that, adding in the Aether cost remainders I'd ignored to simplify the calculations and just a nominal 2-3 defense losses that take lift, it's going to be tough going (but at least it's a lot more of a reasonable ask).

I'm getting really sick of cramped maps full of three move units who cancel counter attacks.  I can't get to them to attack on player phase, and I can't hit back on enemy phase.  Add in dancers, and I've lost way more fights than I should have.  I've got to find a better way to attack, or switch teams.  Here's hoping they release a skill soon that disables the canceling of counter attacks.  I would love it on my Soren- suddenly all of these healers would go down quick.

I was really looking forward to a mode where I could use my favorite team to attack rather than babysit.  But getting stuck in the same choke points and slaughtered is not fun.  At all.

My last map was having trouble dealing with Lyn and Reinhardt openers, so I reworked some things and have a new version of Cancer Map.

Fag8RZ8.jpg

Lyn has 40 HP, 58 Atk, 52 Spd, 38 Def, and 44 Res on the challenger's player phase against ranged opponents, making her impervious to Reinhardt and able to survive common versions of Brave Lyn.

Now to wait to see if people can actually deal with it. (My own Legendary Lyn actually has no problem with this map.)

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Now to wait to see if people can actually deal with it.

I dunno about other people, but my own Res buffed Ike with Distant Def should be able to handle baiting that. He might have to take a hit or two from Veronica, but it should be pretty minor damage, and Lyn and Azura would be easy targets who can't damage him. Elise wouldn't be a problem because, like you, I put my Tactics Room (O) on the second from the left slot, since this is a common setup and few ranged cavalry can break 40 HP. From there, I would send Ursula in to get the pots, since Elise probably can't kill her.

What are other people doing for Raiding Parties? For now, I've settled on a core of Ursula/Ike/Azura for 4 of my 5 parties, with the last slot being a different cavalry, notably Frederick (for armors), Lyn (for healer armies), or Clarine (for anything that requires Gravity).

21 minutes ago, Johann said:

I dunno about other people, but my own Res buffed Ike with Distant Def should be able to handle baiting that.

I've run into someone with a +10 Distant Def 9 Faye during last week's replays, so I know there are at least a few players with good ranged bait teams set up.

I wonder if it's worth moving my Aether Fountain to the left of Elise to bait challengers into splitting their team and wasting turns sniping it.

23 minutes ago, Johann said:

What are other people doing for Raiding Parties?

I have my modified Halloween team with Halloween Myrrh, Legendary Tiki, bat headband Myrrh, and Dream Camilla as my main for the time being.

I haven't needed to pull out my other teams yet, which include a standard Reinhardt + Lyn + 2 dancers team and my Legendary Lyn ranged baiting team.

29 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I wonder if it's worth moving my Aether Fountain to the left of Elise to bait challengers into splitting their team and wasting turns sniping it.

If I were fighting your map, I'd gladly take the Fountain in a more accessible spot. I'm not sure there's much you can do to improve this setup beyond maybe sticking a Catapult in a spot that will take out the player Tactics Room if it's set up in a way that hits your team. I'm guessing you spent your stones elsewhere or are saving them? I anticipate Catapult being the bonus structure for the season after the next one.

edit: I'm suddenly reminded that I should stick Sophia on one of my teams just in case I fight a map specifically like yours

Edited by Johann

2 hours ago, Johann said:

I'm guessing you spent your stones elsewhere or are saving them?

I should be able to almost perfectly hit 300 rocks after this season to buy an extra offense slot. I've got 100 right now and should be able to get 60 more from the daily rewards and at least 140 from Tier 14 (currently 20 points away).

In the meantime, I'll probably just wait a few days to see how challengers play.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I should be able to almost perfectly hit 300 rocks after this season to buy an extra offense slot. I've got 100 right now and should be able to get 60 more from the daily rewards and at least 140 from Tier 14 (currently 20 points away).

In the meantime, I'll probably just wait a few days to see how challengers play.

I am planning to get another unit on my team too, but I don't know if I will go for a extra offensive unit or a extra defensive unit. I will reach 300 Aether Stones in 3 days, with the last "daily reward".