Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

30 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Unless I can avoid being attacked on one of the remaining days and continue to play perfectly, I think I'm going to miss hitting tier 16 by a sliver thanks to the defense losses dragging me back down. (only avoided one day so far since luckily nobody attacked me)

This might be purely anecdotal BS, but I feel like I get fewer Defense results when I do my fights later in the day, like closer to end of the game day. No Defenses at all is just as good as a successful Defense, if your luck goes that way.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Johann said:

This might be purely anecdotal BS, but I feel like I get fewer Defense results when I do my fights later in the day, like closer to end of the game day. No Defenses at all is just as good as a successful Defense, if your luck goes that way.

I always wait until close to reset to do any matches if I haven't already had a defense result that day. I figured it would limit the chance somebody rematches me in time before the day rolls over. I've only managed to avoid a loss one day this week(yesterday), which was just dumb luck. I woke up to no results yet so I "hid" until the end of the day to do my runs and managed to not get any. Unfortunately I woke up to one already today, so I just went ahead and dumped my aether.

13 minutes ago, Johann said:

strangely it feels the same for me. as long as i havent done my daily matches noone attempted to attack my fortress...

22 minutes ago, Hilda said:

strangely it feels the same for me. as long as i havent done my daily matches noone attempted to attack my fortress...

I also feel like that most people get their Defense results in the morning, so if you go later and win, you're not affecting their score unless it's very late. I'd assume you're less likely to get a rematch if someone doesn't feel slighted about having their Lift drop by 80.

Just encountered my first defense team that has five members, including an Azura and a Veronica. I won anyway, and it was actually easier than some defense that had four members. I think your choice of character might be more important, and an extra defense slot may not be worth it until you have five OP characters. The AI simply is too simple for an extra member to make up for its flaws. Maybe an extra offense slot would be a more effective purchase?

I just lost both my matches today. I overthought the first one and ran out of time because an enemy ended up on a defense tile, but in the second one I was fucked by this.

Screenshot_20181201-014003.png

The real Gravity tile is above Celica, and the real Lightning tile is under Celica's feet. All three enemies except FCorn has Vantage, so I couldn't ORKO any of them with Celica anymore (not like I could ORKO that tome Camilla at all). They all have Goad Fliers, and vanilla Cam's axe gives them another stack. FCorn even has Flier Formation, so anyone trying to bait Laegjarn + tome Cam would also have to deal with FCorn.

Best thing is, even if I guessed right and attacked from the bottom, they were all so fast and bulky that I couldn't ORKO any of them with Celica anyway, unless I triggered her Brazen somehow. Which I'd have to spend three turns doing by standing near the tower.

21 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I just lost both my matches today. I overthought the first one and ran out of time because an enemy ended up on a defense tile, but in the second one I was fucked by this.

This reminds me that I need to make a team with Hardy Bearing Ophelia.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

This reminds me that I need to make a team with Hardy Bearing Ophelia.

Not that I check for Vantage, but I wanted to make exactly that. Too bad I can't change offense teams while being low on Aether. 

11 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Not that I check for Vantage, but I wanted to make exactly that. Too bad I can't change offense teams while being low on Aether. 

Hmm, why not? You can change them with "Edit Special Teams" in the Allies menu, or I didn't get what you meant.

18 minutes ago, Azuris said:

Hmm, why not? You can change them with "Edit Special Teams" in the Allies menu, or I didn't get what you meant.

Oh, thanks. Didn't check there. I always went into Aether Raids and changed my teams there. 

Closed out the season VERY close. 6,080 score, which means even if I lose a full defense again today I should still stay in tier 16. Since I needed to be perfect in my 2 matches today for this to work, I was kind of worried about what I'd run into. Luckily I got pretty easy ones for a change.

Another season with Adrift units is nice so I can keep having bonus stats on my Camilla. She's been putting in massive work. It's going to be me annoying to do team building when they change, since I'd rather keep her on my teams if I can. Especially for nuking all the bonus stat Surtrs we'll be no doubt be seeing soon. As much as I like my Laegjarn and Laevatein, I don't think they can fill her blade tome-using shoes. Laevatein can actually hit harder, but I won't be able to buff her nearly as easily. Laegjarn will fit better into my teams as a flier, but Wary Fighter Surtrs will probably be too much for her.

25 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Another season with Adrift units is nice so I can keep having bonus stats on my Camilla. She's been putting in massive work. It's going to be me annoying to do team building when they change, since I'd rather keep her on my teams if I can. Especially for nuking all the bonus stat Surtrs we'll be no doubt be seeing soon. As much as I like my Laegjarn and Laevatein, I don't think they can fill her blade tome-using shoes. Laevatein can actually hit harder, but I won't be able to buff her nearly as easily. Laegjarn will fit better into my teams as a flier, but Wary Fighter Surtrs will probably be too much for her.

I suspect we may see quite a few armor teams built up using Surtr and Zephiel

On 12/1/2018 at 9:16 PM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Screenshot_20181201-014003.png

The real Gravity tile is above Celica, and the real Lightning tile is under Celica's feet. All three enemies except FCorn has Vantage, so I couldn't ORKO any of them with Celica anymore (not like I could ORKO that tome Camilla at all). They all have Goad Fliers, and vanilla Cam's axe gives them another stack. FCorn even has Flier Formation, so anyone trying to bait Laegjarn + tome Cam would also have to deal with FCorn.

Best thing is, even if I guessed right and attacked from the bottom, they were all so fast and bulky that I couldn't ORKO any of them with Celica anyway, unless I triggered her Brazen somehow. Which I'd have to spend three turns doing by standing near the tower.

I battled a similar setup, except it was Kinshi Hinoka where that Green Camilla is and a Flier Formation Dreamilla where the Summer Corrin is. Plus they had a 5th member, but Laegjarn was also there in the spot below where your map's Laegjarn is

Either way I couldn't bait any of them without losing someone because of Dreamilla's Book effect kicking in once I killed the Kinshi Hinoka. At least the rest of the team survived but boy that was one tough formation.

Run out of Aether, currently at 5.240 Lift. I didn't get an attack yet today, so I might drop out from AR Tier 14, but my defense team was the most efficient so far.

• Success - 4 foes defeated
  • Failure - Lift: -0
  • Failure - 3 foes defeated, Lift: -20
  • Success - 3 foes defeated
  • Failure - 2 foes defeated, Lift: -40
  • Failure - Lift: -80
  • Success - 1 foe defeated
  • Success - 2 foes defeated

Last one shouldn't be a success, the enemy had +10 units, but he went too slowly, and run out of time. He started taking out of my building, and then he went back to my traps for some unknown reasons. The match before had 4 cavalry units, although I was running Ursula - ballsy move I have to say, especially when I paired her with Minizura.

Anyway, here my defense team, I am satisfied with the results:

Spoiler

P4uwCJs.png

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I battled a similar setup, except it was Kinshi Hinoka where that Green Camilla is and a Flier Formation Dreamilla where the Summer Corrin is. Plus they had a 5th member, but Laegjarn was also there in the spot below where your map's Laegjarn is

Either way I couldn't bait any of them without losing someone because of Dreamilla's Book effect kicking in once I killed the Kinshi Hinoka. At least the rest of the team survived but boy that was one tough formation.

Ouch. Camilla is just ridiculous, to be honest.

Ending at 5700 Aether. If it weren't for my shit luck yesterday, I'd have a good shot at being in 6k...

2 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Closed out the season VERY close. 6,080 score, which means even if I lose a full defense again today I should still stay in tier 16. Since I needed to be perfect in my 2 matches today for this to work, I was kind of worried about what I'd run into. Luckily I got pretty easy ones for a change.

I believe I have also managed to secure tier 16, I had a defence result a few hours ago so with 20 hour grace period there shouldn't be any Aether drops for me.

Speaking of Camilla, there was a really good flying team I encountered this week using three Camillas and a F!Grima bunched up in the north-west corner of a map I can't quite remember, I actually meant to screenshot it since I figured it might be useful for yourself, but I forgot to do once I'd entered the map. Approaching it was difficult because I'm sure at least one of the mage Camillas had a warping skill, and they all had Goad Fliers.

1 minute ago, Zelgius said:

I believe I have also managed to secure tier 16, I had a defence result a few hours ago so with 20 hour grace period there shouldn't be any Aether drops for me.

Speaking of Camilla, there was a really good flying team I encountered this week using three Camillas and a F!Grima bunched up in the north-west corner of a map I can't quite remember, I actually meant to screenshot it since I figured it might be useful for yourself, but I forgot to do once I'd entered the map. Approaching it was difficult because I'm sure at least one of the mage Camillas had a warping skill, and they all had Goad Fliers.

It's a good thing I had that 80 lift buffer, since I already got my defense loss for the day and I end at exactly 6000.

Haha, that's alright, I appreciate the thought. I actually tried to imitate that one posted above (but FGrima instead of DC Laegjarn) since I had the units for it, but it got trashed easily by the person who just attacked me. Anything without a dancer seems like a free win, unless your units end up ill suited for the match. The person funnily enough brought their own mirror Camilla team and sniped my regular Camilla with their Adrift one. It was just cleanup after that.

I might just go back to trying horses and healers. I wish I had Firesweep Bow on my Lyn to make her more dangerous, but I don't have the fodder.

I just had a successful defense where I won because my single remaining unit killed one enemy and so they opted to destroy my pots while avoiding her, and then after successfully destroying both pots, they continued to avoid her to the end of Turn 7. What?????

Looks like I'll be ending this season at 5900 lift, just short of the next tier.  I lost 460 lift just from defense losses, but that's partially on me for not investing in Healing Tower (D).  I'll have to restructure my defenses once the rewards come in later today.  

Is anyone else just getting matched up against double dancers, whether in defense or offense? I can handle it in offense, but my defense doesn't seem to stand a chance against that sort of thing.