Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

Yeah, this is definitely turning into a pretty big ask, maybe even for whales. I know I'll never be able to take advantage of even 3/4 of the potential extra Lift gain. I'm thinking of just blessing Aversa, setting a team with her and Eir for when I think I can get away with fielding them together, and leaving it at that. I sure as hell ain't swapping any of my blessings over, anyway.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Azama is sitting on 56 HP 55 DEF and 50 RES (Res and Def Tactics) atm in Aether Raid, and he has Chill Atk equiped. Triple blessings from Gunnthra Hrid and Legendary Lucina. Clair is sitting at 53 HP 43 DEF ( Def Tactics and Steady Stance 4) and 47 RES (Res Tactics) + Iotes Shield when attacked by ranged units she has 47 DEF and 51 RES due to Lucinas Distant Guard spur, lulz

5 hours ago, Azuris said:

Well, at least that settles my plans for Aether Raids. I am not going to bless a lot of my units with blessings that won't even work outside of Aether Raids. I bless my main Aether Raid team, that I'm using almost every time anyway and invest just enough into one of the offensive blessing types to make tier 21 and then just not do as well in the other seasons. Might as well go with light as we have a head start with a free one and Eir is on a hero fest, while the other might start on legendary banners, and is also sharing with Veronica at the end of the month if your prediction is correct, so I might pick up a few copies.

Yeah, that's my thinking as well. Gonna be a huge weight off the shoulders of anyone who gets to Tier 21.

Also worth noting that if they don't put Veronica on the Legendary banner, we'll probably get Loki, who is another stand-out AR Offense unit

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

I am bhaffled about this blessings. My Legendary heroes became useless because they cant be blessed with mythic blessings and my regular units allready have legendary blessings and are used in Arena or AA sooooo.... wtf do i do with the mythic blessing.

Those new blessings basicly just fucked up everything to say the least

I am really pissed about this fact... basicly killed any kind of effort i wanted to poor into Aether Raids

Kinda of my sentiments as well. Basically need to assign Mythic blessings to units who you only plan to use in AR, and decidedly not for Arena/AA if you're trying to maximize the score there. They coulda let us use one blessing from each of the two sets, so you could do say, Water and Light on a single unit.

Lol 160 magical bulk plus DD3 on Surtr thanks to the new blessings:

Who said RES is his best bane?

4 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Yeah the reason I run a pair of horses on my team is fairly subtle versus ranged teams.* I spend two unit-turns repositioning both Cordelia and Azura forward, which lets Cordelia actually activate Galeforce. This leaves at least one horse in a position to be danced to snipe a key unit (since they moved forward to reposition), and also body-block or face tank if needed.

The fact that Rein has decent mixed bulk while Lyn has decent Spd despite Brave Bow means that, between them, they can usually face tank at least one person on the enemy team, and I send in the one that doesn't die. Vs. ranged Cordelia doesn't get hit, so she doesn't die either.

Hmm, I could replace Cherche with Airzura+0 (she also has Fury/TA3/Brave+/WoM/Galeforce) and run two dancers. 

My Rein/Lyn/Roy aren't merged. Roy has good DEF/RES (30/30), but low HP (34) and abyssmal SPD (10). Don't know if they would survive much. 

What do you think of Fury or Swift Sparrow instead of LnD on Cordelia? This would let her tank a hit if needed. 

I found Hrid to be useful to bait the first unit (i.e. Veronica). I only have to be careful of dancers. Hopefully we'll keep getting good bonus units like him. 

5 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

I rate horses highly because of small details like this---which is why I get into tons of arguments with people on how good horses are.

I'm usually not arguing over stuff like this. Cavs have obvious advantages and some disadvantages. Curious how beasts will mix things up (seems they won't be ranged). 

@Azuris

My Myrrh strategy worked quite well, although I panicked on my first match because I ran into a team of hyper blessed stall with +10 surtr and L Hector with Gunnthra, so surtr had like 70 res and I just went with my armorslayer Soleil to be safe and ran through the team for 120 lift.

The other two were pretty crazy on the reds as well. Had one with a +10 Lilina that actually did over 20 damage to Myrrh thanks to her 70 or so attack, but a +10 fully tactic buffed normal Eirika did 0 damage and got destroyed.

Last one had a fully buffed L&D rawrblade mage Eirika thanks to a Veronica restore and only did 19 to Myrrh. Veronica can’t touch her even with the debuffs in place and Eir’s B skill and high res make wrathful staff a joke.

Overall it just seems like it will be hard to stall for aether structures unless I get a mage to trap or armored unit.

120, 160, and 160 lift with all aether structures. Only needed two extra copies of Eir as well, so really not too bad. Should easily make tier 19 this week, though I’m worried for next week since +1200 lift with no blessings will be terribly hard.

54 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

What do you think of Fury or Swift Sparrow instead of LnD on Cordelia? This would let her tank a hit if needed. 

My Cordelia fights 2 or 3 times a turn, so Fury is not an option for tankiness---it also drops 2 Atk/2 Spd, which makes Heavy Blade and doubling less consistent. (If you desperately need a way to activate Wings of Mercy then you can consider Fury, but it doesn't give any tankiness.)

For not dying on enemy phase the 5 speed from L&D is more important than the 5 def/5 res from swift sparrow. Cordelia tanks by not being doubled, not by taking 2 hits.

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

My Cordelia fights 2 or 3 times a turn, so Fury is not an option for tankiness---it also drops 2 Atk/2 Spd, which makes Heavy Blade and doubling less consistent. (If you desperately need a way to activate Wings of Mercy then you can consider Fury, but it doesn't give any tankiness.)

For not dying on enemy phase the 5 speed from L&D is more important than the 5 def/5 res from swift sparrow. Cordelia tanks by not being doubled, not by taking 2 hits.

Yeah, that's the idea of LnD3. It's just that I have the other skills anyway on her from past clears. 

Hopefully she'll get a useful prf in the future. Like Catrias prf/refinenent but the requirement to be alone (like solo skills) instead of having 2 Fliers near.

Keeping Surtr in the corner surrounded by buildings is the biggest cancer strat in this mode, especially since he's a bonus now.

It's already netted me 3 defense wins and 0 losses within the first day.

16 minutes ago, Raven said:

Keeping Surtr in the corner surrounded by buildings is the biggest cancer strat in this mode, especially since he's a bonus now.

It's already netted me 3 defense wins and 0 losses within the first day.

Surtr is cancer himself. alone his BST and stat spread is fucking insane then you top it of with a stupid C-Skill and weapon that prevents you from baiting him and welp... luckily so far Hrid was able to deal with him once he is debuffed

@Maaka

Good to see, it works out for you. And good job putting it in action this fast and flawless.

How you handled those reds was pretty impressive. 160 lift matches seem like overkill to reach tier 19 so you are in a nice spot if you can keep that up.

Is the next season already announced? It would be strange to rotate out the only season we can actually use right now.

3 minutes ago, Azuris said:

Is the next season already announced? It would be strange to rotate out the only season we can actually use right now.

It's in the Mythic Heroes Are Here! notification. Has up to the week of January 7th, though it literally just alternates between light/dark and astra/anima. Really weird that they have it alternating already, but who knows what they're thinking now. Also has the formulas for lift boost and reduction from the blessings, which I didn't notice before lol.

I pulled another Eir from herofest, +spd/-res.  However I made a big mistake I guess merging my neutral onto it, seems you score much better running 2 Eir.  Still what is done is done.  Who are you guys using your light blessing(s) on?  I don't have Surtr though it seems many are using it on him.  

If I had another hone fliers I would make a flier team with her, fliers do awesome on these maps (especially with a flier dancer) and can handle most compositions really well.  However my one flier team is already blessed with Ryoma and water.  Don't want to waste a light blessing, don't want to waste potential aether points (Which I have already done)...what to do?

2 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

I pulled another Eir from herofest, +spd/-res.  However I made a big mistake I guess merging my neutral onto it, seems you score much better running 2 Eir.  Still what is done is done.  Who are you guys using your light blessing(s) on?  I don't have Surtr though it seems many are using it on him.  

If I had another hone fliers I would make a flier team with her, fliers do awesome on these maps (especially with a flier dancer) and can handle most compositions really well.  However my one flier team is already blessed with Ryoma and water.  Don't want to waste a light blessing, don't want to waste potential aether points (Which I have already done)...what to do?

Because of the way blessing stats work, I'm probably going to run a 3 protect 2 strategy of 3 Mythic & 2 Blessed where the 2 blessed get +15 hp and +15 def/res and just ORKO everyone while my mythic guys race for the Aether Pots as fast as they can.

53 minutes ago, Azuris said:

There'll be a new banner next week, so that will probably introduce more Mythics. Ideally, the TT/GHB will be dark so that the offence bonus will always be usable.

bvNX6b8.png

Sigh... This is probably going to be what Aether Raids is like until I hit T21, now, just slam the guy with 60 def/res into the enemy team while I take their pots.

Edit: Might as well give Surtr my Summoner Support & Eir's Ally Support, I guess. There's a limit to making a mode easy, jesus.

Edited by DehNutCase

1 hour ago, Maaka said:

It's in the Mythic Heroes Are Here! notification. Has up to the week of January 7th, though it literally just alternates between light/dark and astra/anima. Really weird that they have it alternating already, but who knows what they're thinking now. Also has the formulas for lift boost and reduction from the blessings, which I didn't notice before lol.

Ah, thank you again. And here I thought I read all the news.

Then I see how this week will go, tier 19 can still be achieved next week, even if it is not 100% in my own hand with offense, especially when the elite players like you are already gone. But there is no way I get tier 20 without help of blessings or fountain upgrades.

3 hours ago, Johann said:

Also worth noting that if they don't put Veronica on the Legendary banner, we'll probably get Loki, who is another stand-out AR Offense unit

Yes, I'm fine with that as well. Too bad the defensive ones will take some time with the next mythic hero in January. I hope it is the shadow one and not the other offensive kind. Really strange they have the seasons rotate already when the last blessing type seems to take until May.

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

Yes more Eir are better but unless you want to go really crazy with merges and get 3 to +10, 2 unmerged ones and 3 blessed units or 3 unmerged ones and 2 blessed units won't make a difference in scoring.

So I will keep a second one unmerged and then start merging the first and try to keep getting away with running both but taking only one if I get in trouble with the map.

As for which units to bless, Aversa and Loki might be good choices as units that are really good in Aether Raids and won't be missed that much in other modes unless you got them to +10. Find a team you are really confident you can beat most maps with and bless them, or if you get Surtr you might get away with just throwing him and 3 Eir at everything.

30 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

There'll be a new banner next week, so that will probably introduce more Mythics. Ideally, the TT/GHB will be dark so that the offence bonus will always be usable.

I thought I read the next mythic hero will get released on the banner at the end of January and then mythic heroes and legendary heroes will take turns, but as I already missed something else, I wouldn't be surprised if I got that wrong.

Edited by Azuris

1 hour ago, DehNutCase said:

Because of the way blessing stats work, I'm probably going to run a 3 protect 2 strategy of 3 Mythic & 2 Blessed where the 2 blessed get +15 hp and +15 def/res and just ORKO everyone while my mythic guys race for the Aether Pots as fast as they can.

So you are doing the super immortal Surtr thing then?  

28 minutes ago, Azuris said:

Yes more Eir are better but unless you want to go really crazy with merges and get 3 to +10, 2 unmerged ones and 3 blessed units or 3 unmerged ones and 2 blessed units won't make a difference in scoring.

So I will keep a second one unmerged and then start merging the first and try to keep getting away with running both but taking only one if I get in trouble with the map.

As for which units to bless, Aversa and Loki might be good choices as units that are really good in Aether Raids and won't be missed that much in other modes unless you got them to +10. Find a team you are really confident you can beat most maps with and bless them, or if you get Surtr you might get away with just throwing him and 3 Eir at everything.

I thought I read the next mythic hero will get released on the banner at the end of January and then mythic heroes and legendary heroes will take turns, but as I already missed something else, I wouldn't be surprised if I got that wrong.

I already made that mistake of merging my 2 Eir so I have to hope to pull another.  I think using 3 is rough I guess unless you have +10 Surtr or something who can take out the enemy team by himself.  Probably could get away with using two and still having a lot of flexibility in team building.  Aversa is already on my L! Lyn team otherwise I would definitely use her.  Gosh she is perfect for Aether raids.  Don't have Loki.  I'll have to keep looking for perfect team. 

Just now, Lewyn said:

So you are doing the super immortal Surtr thing then?  

Yeah, Surtr has 2 things going for him as he is now:

A, He doesn't die.

B, He doesn't kill ranged people unless you attack them.

This means my team does whatever they want while Sutr just face-tanks the last ranged on the map. Mind that my Surtr is +0 without Summoner Support and only 1 stack of Eir stats. It's trivial to get him to the point where he face tanks +10 people while taking 0 damage. (Just pull as many Eir as you can for scoring, basically.)

2 hours ago, Azuris said:

You're right, it's in the update notification. I don't like how they're being so stingy with them considering they're only good for Aether Raids.

6 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Yeah, Surtr has 2 things going for him as he is now:

A, He doesn't die.

B, He doesn't kill ranged people unless you attack them.

This means my team does whatever they want while Sutr just face-tanks the last ranged on the map. Mind that my Surtr is +0 without Summoner Support and only 1 stack of Eir stats. It's trivial to get him to the point where he face tanks +10 people while taking 0 damage. (Just pull as many Eir as you can for scoring, basically.)

Gosh...I didn't pull for Surtr despite the great rate cause I have most of the great green armors.  I didn't know he was going to be so important for Aether raids.  

EDIT: Okay free ticket + 4 orbs got me another Eir.  Those who have pulled a lot of Eir and used them, what is her best IV?  Personally have pulled +spd/-res and now

+atk/-spd.  

Edited by Lewyn

I slapped a light blessing on Surtr and Halloween Myrrh and put two copies of Eir on my offense team, and wow, it's really chill now. 140 base victory score means even with 1 death, I score more than the original base score, which is really nice and makes the mode a lot less stressful.

4 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Those who have pulled a lot of Eir and used them, what is her best IV?

I haven't run any numbers yet, but from a first glance, I'd go with [+Atk, -Def]. Her physical bulk is pretty abysmal anyways, but you can use Atk Ploy off of her good Res stat to help with that, if only just a bit.

Oooh, I had an AR defense victory!

But when I tried to watch it, it says replay cannot be played. :OOOO I'll open a ticket about it later, this is so disappointing.

Anyway, 200 more points today in AR, stabilizing my position in Tier 16. Also I already see how problems will rise when we try to reach AR 19, because if the lift drops at the end of the week, we need more points get through. Good luck friends.

I don't know about you guys, but I don't care about Aether Raids anymore... I don't care about to get the higher lift possible. I just playing for the grails.

Fighting the same teams every single time, which is Reinhardt, Brave Bow Brave Lyn, Brave Veronica, a Dancer, and 5th random unit (which will probably be a Dark/Anima Mythic Hero in the future), is not fun. And now with the Mythic Heroes blessing...

I will play to get the 5 daily rewards and my 1 or 2 battles, and that's it. I don't care if I lose 1 or 2 units during a attack. I don't care if I lose defensive battles. I simply don't care... I am having more fun with Arena than Aether Raids.

19 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Eir is pretty decent as a unit. I put her in one team so I can test the waters whenever I feel comfortable and the nice thing about the meta being mage spam right now, is when she does get to attack, she obliterates them, so at least she's not a liability. The biggest problem is probably that despite her good Res and preventing follow-up attacks, she doesn't do anything to defuse Rein, so she's no more helpful there than any of my other support staff. My defense loss for today has someone making that mistake and my Rein just crushes her. I guess she could do it with Deflect Magic 3, but that requires giving up Guidance.

On offense, yeah. On defense, there's still some merit to running a legendary with its blessed allies, since that's extra stats on the defenders that may make things more difficult for the attackers.

LOL, I did that exact same mistake in my lost match, could have been against your team? Hahahahaha

In fact, today has been terrible: +60+0-80=-20 lift :/