Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I don't know about you guys, but I don't care about Aether Raids anymore... I don't care about to get the higher lift possible. I just playing for the grails.

Fighting the same teams every single time, which is Reinhardt, Brave Bow Brave Lyn, Brave Veronica, a Dancer, and 5th random unit (which will probably be a Dark/Anima Mythic Hero in the future), is not fun. And now with the Mythic Heroes blessing...

I will play to get the 5 daily rewards and my 1 or 2 battles, and that's it. I don't care if I lose 1 or 2 units during a attack. I don't care if I lose defensive battles. I simply don't care... I am having more fun with Arena than Aether Raids.

Well said. I'd suggest copy pasting this post for feedback. There's a sense of spiritual crush that readers can feel

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really sure what to do with my teams, I could run my teams as they are now or try and fit the new unit in and put the blessing on maybe Aversa. Though I'm not motivated to level up or use the new unit.

3 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

LOL, I did that exact same mistake in my lost match, could have been against your team? Hahahahaha

In fact, today has been terrible: +60+0-80=-20 lift :/

Nah, it wouldn't have been against my team. The defense was a failure for me, though my team managed to take down two units in the process.

Ouch, that's rough.

I pulled the full circle on my freebie ticket and the game gave me two more Eirs (one of which was +HP/-Atk, which is pretty bad, but it's not like she's going to be doing much fighting, so meh?). I was already going to run Eir/Smite Odin/Surtr on one team, but I guess now Eir gets to take up 60% of that team. Gonna be a little weird.

I did the thing one should never do -- play while mad/annoyed.  My mind was elsewhere as I fell for such an obvious gravity plus lightning trap combo on turn 1, when I should have just been patient and disabled them one at a time.  I got put in such a compromised position I got routed by their +10 armors (Surtr included) and horses. =[  The new Escape Ladder was quite timely for me.

Also, hello there @DehNutCase

Spoiler

kDVcC64.png

Eir + Light!Lene got me enough points that I'm currently at rank 774, so I don't feel like things are out of hand yet. I did have to use my Escape Ladder, though.

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I slapped a light blessing on Surtr and Halloween Myrrh and put two copies of Eir on my offense team, and wow, it's really chill now. 140 base victory score means even with 1 death, I score more than the original base score, which is really nice and makes the mode a lot less stressful.

How are you able to get an extra 40 Lift from 2 mythic heroes and 2 blessed heroes? They are all +10?

22 minutes ago, Raven said:

How are you able to get an extra 40 Lift from 2 mythic heroes and 2 blessed heroes? They are all +10?

What @Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said.

It works identically to how Arena score works with regular blessings where each blessing is worth 3 points multiplied by the number of Legendary Heroes with the matching element (i.e. 3 points × number of blessed characters × number of Legendary Heroes).

Edited by Ice Dragon

45 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

The formula is (Mythic Hero count) * (Blessed heroes) * 10. Therefore, 2 * 2 * 10 = 40.

30 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

What @Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said.

It works identically to how Arena score works with regular blessings where each blessing is worth 3 points multiplied by the number of Legendary Heroes with the matching element (i.e. 3 points × number of blessed characters × number of Legendary Heroes).

That is something. I also have 2 copies of Eir, and a +0 +HP -Res Surtr. Maybe I should put the light blessing on someone I am using throughout the whole of AR (e.g. my Cecilia) as opposed to Surtr who I know I@ll drop after his time as a bonus unit is up.

2 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Just checked and if Test Defenses has anything to say, they sure do.

I have a replay with Blessing Stat bonus, so they definitely work on defense.

Edit:

@DLNarshen Filthy pleb, get your hands off my shiny, whaley ass:

Svm8zeZ.png

For reals though, hi.

Edited by DehNutCase

8 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I don't know about you guys, but I don't care about Aether Raids anymore... I don't care about to get the higher lift possible. I just playing for the grails.

Fighting the same teams every single time, which is Reinhardt, Brave Bow Brave Lyn, Brave Veronica, a Dancer, and 5th random unit (which will probably be a Dark/Anima Mythic Hero in the future), is not fun. And now with the Mythic Heroes blessing...

I will play to get the 5 daily rewards and my 1 or 2 battles, and that's it. I don't care if I lose 1 or 2 units during a attack. I don't care if I lose defensive battles. I simply don't care... I am having more fun with Arena than Aether Raids.

More than anything the utter failure to get even a single successful defense for weeks now has been demotivating me. Every day I get more annoyed as the -80 losses stack up. It's the only mode that's made me just feel defeated in some way. (despite doing nearly perfect on offense every week)

33 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

More than anything the utter failure to get even a single successful defense for weeks now has been demotivating me. Every day I get more annoyed as the -80 losses stack up. It's the only mode that's made me just feel defeated in some way. (despite doing nearly perfect on offense every week)

Personally, I just treat a defense loss as the baseline, meaning a victory is strictly +80 (instead of -0) and each kill against the challenger is strictly +20 (instead of losing 20 fewer points).

1 hour ago, DehNutCase said:

Svm8zeZ.png

Nice, I see you have Laevatein too. What build does she have?

I gave mine Distant Counter-Vantage. She gets fully buffed on turn 1 and I send her deep into enemy range to let most enemies kill themselves. After that, I can take my time getting the Aether structures and then kill the last straggler.

12 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I haven't run any numbers yet, but from a first glance, I'd go with [+Atk, -Def]. Her physical bulk is pretty abysmal anyways, but you can use Atk Ploy off of her good Res stat to help with that, if only just a bit.

Yeah that is what it seems to me as well.  Seems you have chosen your units to bless already, I gotta to figure that out today to avoid more potential lift loss.  Zelgius, LA Hector, Azura tactic team or all fliers.  Gotta to be able to get to and kill Surtr efficiently since he is on a lot of defense teams and be able to deal with all ranged/razzle dazzle stuff.  Wish I could test it with the blessing bonuses before committing.  

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Nice, I see you have Laevatein too. What build does she have?

I gave mine Distant Counter-Vantage. She gets fully buffed on turn 1 and I send her deep into enemy range to let most enemies kill themselves. After that, I can take my time getting the Aether structures and then kill the last straggler.

She's running her default set at the moment, and I'll most likely switch to some kind of breaker + high Atk A-slot combo. Her job is to kill armors that stall out the map, Surtr, for example, should be able to reach ~70 def/res and ~90 hp without trouble, while also running something like Hack-o'-Lantern to prevent special procs and using up the A-slot to prevent effective damage.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Cordelia no more? 

Cordelia needs a lot of support from her team to function---the fact that I need to run 2-3 Eir for max score & that Eir doesn't support Cordelia particularly well means that she can't really be brought in.

If scoring wasn't an issue I might still run my old team, but as is only units that can handle 3 units on the team being Eir will be worth running.

Ugh, I'm sure "why is Surtr even a thing" already came up in this thread and others but it really is ridiculous. Stacking mythic hero blessings makes him pretty much immortal. He can easily walk into a choke and solo or stall anything. There is no strategy involved.

35 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Ugh, I'm sure "why is Surtr even a thing" already came up in this thread and others but it really is ridiculous. Stacking mythic hero blessings makes him pretty much immortal. He can easily walk into a choke and solo or stall anything. There is no strategy involved.

Dancer Micaiah has finally found her life purpose.

Though honestly, I have already seen some setups that Surtr cannot tank that don't use effective damage to do so.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Dancer Micaiah has finally found her life purpose.

Though honestly, I have already seen some setups that Surtr cannot tank that don't use effective damage to do so.

I actually do have dancer Micaiah on my defense team but it's not hard to pick off the one unit who could possibly  harm Surtr.

42 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Strictly speaking, it's not Surtr that's the problem.

The problem is that Eir is too good. Aether Raids as it is now is a mode that wants you to run 2-3 copies of the same unit for scoring, but they also made Eir so strong that running 2-3 copies of her is one of the best strategies from a pure gameplay perspective (ignoring scoring, but assuming you still want the result of all units alive, all pots broken, all enemies defeated).

It would've been even worse if tanky fliers had been on the rotation, since they'd get to double dip from both blessings and Ward Fliers from Eir.

Just wait until we get a Mythic Hero that boosts Atk. Based on the current pattern, it'll either be +3 (matching the reduction from refines and elemental blessings) or +4 (matching the reduction from Dance skills) per stack.

Edited by Ice Dragon

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Just wait until we get a Mythic Hero that boosts Atk. Based on the current pattern, it'll either be +3 (matching the reduction from refines and elemental blessings) or +4 (matching the reduction from Dance skills) per stack.

Atk, ironically, isn't as bad in a mode like this. It's hard to translate Atk into durability without straight up murdering everyone with Vantage, so they aren't as good at carrying the team for a mode that doesn't want everyone dead immediately---meaning the Mythic Hero has to be pretty good even outside their support ability, whereas Eir only needs about as much combat as a dancer.

Although honestly that's not my main gripe with a theoretical Atk Mythic Hero. It's that the people you'd think they'd buff the most, the Reinhardts, the Cordelias---well, actually Reinhardt would have a field day---but Cordelia wouldn't be too happy because she does need the rest of the team to function even with Galeforce because, unless we get Mythic Dancers, she can only kill 2 people a turn, meaning the Mythic Heroes need to get 3 kills between them (leaving 1 alive that you can tank\body block), and they don't get their Atk bonus.

Thinking about it, one of the better units to give a Light Blessing to is Robin F:

• Can be used to buff everyone in a way that can avoid enemy Aversas
  • With TA and boosted Res, she can take on Reinhardt, healers, and most Lyns rather safely (moreso if you're using her in conjunction with Aversa)
  • Can also give her Lancebreaker to handle Ephraim, Brave Hector, Fjorm, etc