Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

Got my first actual loss today, and, somewhat expectedly, it was a timeout.

(I was fine if I brought in Laevatein for Surtr, but didn't bother because at this point all I'm doing in this mode is smashing my indestructible armors in without bothering to think at all---although that might change if my T18 is at risk.)

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

That feeling when a +15 Reinhardt and a unit with a 40 MT weapon needs to run these kinds of sets to function:

I don't see the problem with that Reinhardt. Sigurd has been able to wall non-Swordbreaker Reinhardt ever since he was released.

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't see the problem with that Reinhardt. Sigurd has been able to wall non-Swordbreaker Reinhardt ever since he was released.

It's because Sigurd is, at most, a check for Rein (and a bad check at that)---he has to give up a lot of his across the board coverage to run Crusader Ward & his Prf, meaning he's literally no threat outside of being able to live. And Rein himself can also tank a round from Sigurd fairly consistently.

So what happens is that you just kill everyone around him for free because he's basically the most useless horse possible. When even mobile teams don't die to you literally no one dies to you.

The ultra blessing stacked armors/dragons/whatever do not have this issue---them being able to tank Reinhardt comes naturally, so their skillset is still geared towards being good across the board. (Wary for stall, DC Vantage for just killing stuff, etc.)

It's a similar reason to why I don't consider G-Tomebreaker a counter to Lewyn, by running G-Tomebreaker yeah, you have a better matchup against one unit, but your matchups across the board suffers. (So unless I went crazy and built a team with 4 Lewyns or something all you did was make the matchup easier for me, since you have one deadweight.)

Edited by DehNutCase

Hey this might be obvious but since we are getting +20 lift for each blessed unit with 2 eir, then you really don't need the bonus unit?  You can just have a full aether raid core team and never worry about bonus unit rotation.  This seems too awesome, is anyone doing this?  

2 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Hey this might be obvious but since we are getting +20 lift for each blessed unit with 2 eir, then you really don't need the bonus unit?  You can just have a full aether raid core team and never worry about bonus unit rotation.  This seems too awesome, is anyone doing this?  

You need ~150 lift/fight to reach T21, assuming your defense team doesn't win, so you still need a bonus unit if you aren't whaling out with merges on Eir.

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

You need ~150 lift/fight to reach T21, assuming your defense team doesn't win, so you still need a bonus unit if you aren't whaling out with merges on Eir.

Well I'm a long way from that, however doesn't that mean you would have to have blessing on the bonus unit?  That isn't something feasible unless super whaling.  

1 minute ago, Lewyn said:

Well I'm a long way from that, however doesn't that mean you would have to have blessing on the bonus unit?  That isn't something feasible unless super whaling.  

Basically you just wait until it's a season with a unit you consider 'good enough,' then you ride that wave to T21 and then just auto-battle Aether Raids forever.

Update on progress to AR 17: Yesterday I have not lost in Defense, and this morning I earned 210 points, putting me 270 lifts away (down from 560) from getting in and securing my position in AR 17. Also I destroyed all the pots today, so I need 6 more Aether to make another attack on Sunday - this is an extra raid now, in case something goes horribly wrong. Even if I collect the aether stones tomorrow, I can still not afford to buy the Escape Ladder - I bought the schools too soon.

Anyway, today I felt like I messed up when I chose my anti-cancer raid team, because I though their flier emblem were walled in, but they were not. Bright Grassland, almost walled in, Flying Olivia at the entrance with the forest 2 tiles away from her, and Bow Hinoka next to her. But after I took out Olivia with my Lilina and Repositioned her to safety with Ephraim, it was a walk in the park.

I still think AR is better than Arena, AR makes me feel smart.

Edited by Garlyle

So, yesteraday 110+110-80=140 points and today 140(Free summon Eir)+120-0(Def Win)=260 points. I wonder if I’ll be able to reach T18 this week (currently 6680, the promotion is 7199). I don’t think so however, since Defense is very random. 

My current attack team is:

Surtr+0 and Aversa +1 with Light Blessings

2 Eir +0

Regular Azura+0

If I pull another Eir, I’ll give a blessing to Azura. Would that be enough to avoid using bonus unit? @DehNutCase? At least for Light weeks.I’m still a bit lost in how score works in this mode. I have yet to see if Surtr still has this virtual Muspellflame ones he’s not longer a bonus unit though

Edited by Javi Blizz

@daisy jane, you should add some defensive structures. But with your actual buildings, you could move the fortress (D) down 2 tiles (under the lava one) so that you protect better the pots from ranged fliers and the statue and the lamp one tile down so the enemy can’t free shot minizura. I’d change the position of the traps, since there they don’t do much for your team

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

this is my defense team and set up
I got exactly one win. haha 

how can i make this better pls.

It's one more than I got while I had a proper defensive setup.

I'd stick your fort on the left column, next to the lava pool. Stick one of the aether pots in the left corner, and the other above Tiki.

Put your traps below your units so they activate if the opponent tries to initiate combat. If Myrrh doesn't have DC, I'd put them in a T-shape in front of her so it's harder for ranged units to snipe her.

Edited by Baldrick

Found a pretty nasty defense map today.

9iGjhxq.jpg

The Myrrh is +10 and both her and Ninian have Guidance. It's impossible to bait the team from anywhere without both Bold Fighter Jakob and charged special Ophelia warping to kill your unit. Maybe one of those roided Surtrs could survive Jakob, Myrrh, Ophelia and Aversa all together, but I sure didn't have anything that could bait all that. +9 Res from Drives and Aversa's tome preventing buffing meant I couldn't pick Myrrh off with a ranged unit either. Bonus Laegjarn could kill her, but getting everyone back out safe wasn't going to happen. It took me a lot longer than usual to figure out how to win deathless, and I even managed to get the aether.

Spoiler

x8uatLd.jpg

I managed to figure something out so I could pin the mages down while still taking out Jakob and Myrrh. Only Ninian has WoM and nobody has Galeforce, nor any horse movement, so it was tricky to do safely. I also had to do some calculating since Laegjarn needed to finish off Myrrh without taking any damage beyond Fury recoil to survive 2 hits from Aversa the following turn. For a while I was planning on leaving Myrrh alive but my Ninian would have had to stay in her range after dancing and I'd be forced to lose her.

2Tkurwo.jpg

I slapped Flier Formation on Eir instead of a Drive buff since I thought it might be handy sometime, and it certainly was here. Warping to kill their Ninian and then getting danced to that spot to kill Ophelia made trapping Aversa easier at the end so I could still grab the last aether pot.

Edited by Alkaid

38 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

@daisy jane, you should add some defensive structures. But with your actual buildings, you could move the fortress (D) down 2 tiles (under the lava one) so that you protect better the pots from ranged fliers and the statue and the lamp one tile down so the enemy can’t free shot minizura. I’d change the position of the traps, since there they don’t do much for your team

okay on it. (i actually bought the extra defense help too)

25 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

It's one more than I got while I had a proper defensive setup.

I'd stick your fort on the left column, next to the lava pool. Stick Lucina in the corner and one of the aether pots to the left of the owl, and the other above Tiki.

Put your traps below your units so they activate if the opponent tries to initiate combat. If Myrrh doesn't have DC, I'd put them in a T-shape in front of her so it's harder for ranged units to snipe her.

(sigh). so bad right??

okay here is what i did now. after adding more stuff.

IZiE3zC.png

Myrrh doesn't have DC. so i put her in the corner

(I'm just waiting for the defense blessing thing to kick in, and then Lukas can reign supreme. (haha)

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

okay on it. (i actually bought the extra defense help too)

(sigh). so bad right??

IZiE3zC.png

Myrrh doesn't have DC. so i put her in the corner

(I'm just waiting for the defense blessing thing to kick in, and then Lukas can reign supreme. (haha)

The Aether storage has the same problem as before: a ranged flier (Aversa and Eir are pretty common) can break it easy since the decorative flowers doesn’t protect it. If you place the decorative flowers 2 tiles below (under the lava tile) ranged units have much more difficult to reach it. You could place the Feh statue where the catapult is placed. Move the lamp to a tile were it blocks some movement, for example on the tile next to the lava in front of were Myhrr is. Finally, try to overlap ranges from minizura and Lucina, in order not to get them baited separately

29 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Put the catapult in the back row, it has the same range no matter where it is. Swap Azura and Surtr, right now it's easy to bait out Azura first.

24 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

A defensive building which when destroyed, does a negative effect on the raider.

Or perhaps a charge (of bees?) to existing decorative buildings. 

/Edit: In-game news confirms the problem with AR rematches. We'll get 5 orbs (no grails?). 

Edited by mampfoid

7 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

If I pull another Eir, I’ll give a blessing to Azura. Would that be enough to avoid using bonus unit? @DehNutCase? At least for Light weeks.I’m still a bit lost in how score works in this mode. I have yet to see if Surtr still has this virtual Muspellflame ones he’s not longer a bonus unit though

Merges on Eir is 1 point per merge (but you can discount this unless you're planning to whale like crazy.)

For general scoring, the lift bonus is:

Number of Mythic Heroes (Eir) * Number of Blessed Heroes * 10.

So 3 Eir * 2 Blessed = 60 lift bonus.

Same for 2 Eir * 3 Blessed = 60 lift bonus.

Personally I prefer 3 Eir because she's good enough that you get to do that, and it saves a blessing for later seasons.

16 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Merges on Eir is 1 point per merge (but you can discount this unless you're planning to whale like crazy.)

For general scoring, the lift bonus is:

Number of Mythic Heroes (Eir) * Number of Blessed Heroes * 10.

So 3 Eir * 2 Blessed = 60 lift bonus.

Same for 2 Eir * 3 Blessed = 60 lift bonus.

Personally I prefer 3 Eir because she's good enough that you get to do that, and it saves a blessing for later seasons.

So then it would be base 80 + 60 = 140 lift per match, which does not sounds bad to reach T20 (T21 is another world). 

I personally prefer 2 Eir, since that way I can run a RGB (Aversa, Surtr, Azura) core.

I don't think merges are an option, just a +1 that would come from the hypothetical 3rd blessing. 

Thanks!

49 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Ooh more free orbs. 
(I guess this mistake wasn't as bad as before, because it's only 5.). 

Okay round 3.

Q2gKNVu.png

better now?

Unless Surtr and Myhrr are using Vantage, swap the fake gravity trap and the real bolt trap. 

Swap Feh Statue with the Fortress (D)

Then, it'll be perfect

4 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Unless Surtr and Myhrr are using Vantage, swap the fake gravity trap and the real bolt trap. 

Swap Feh Statue with the Fortress (D)

Then, it'll be perfect

Javi. you are a peach :)
Thanks. I made those changes! hopefully i win more defense now. 

14 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Found a pretty nasty defense map today.

9iGjhxq.jpg

The Myrrh is +10 and both her and Ninian have Guidance. It's impossible to bait the team from anywhere without both Bold Fighter Jakob and charged special Ophelia warping to kill your unit. Maybe one of those roided Surtrs could survive Jakob, Myrrh, Ophelia and Aversa all together, but I sure didn't have anything that could bait all that. +9 Res from Drives and Aversa's tome preventing buffing meant I couldn't pick Myrrh off with a ranged unit either. Bonus Laegjarn could kill her, but getting everyone back out safe wasn't going to happen. It took me a lot longer than usual to figure out how to win deathless, and I even managed to get the aether.

Reveal hidden contents

x8uatLd.jpg

I managed to figure something out so I could pin the mages down while still taking out Jakob and Myrrh. Only Ninian has WoM and nobody has Galeforce, nor any horse movement, so it was tricky to do safely. I also had to do some calculating since Laegjarn needed to finish off Myrrh without taking any damage beyond Fury recoil to survive 2 hits from Aversa the following turn. For a while I was planning on leaving Myrrh alive but my Ninian would have had to stay in her range after dancing and I'd be forced to lose her.

2Tkurwo.jpg

I slapped Flier Formation on Eir instead of a Drive buff since I thought it might be handy sometime, and it certainly was here. Warping to kill their Ninian and then getting danced to that spot to kill Ophelia made trapping Aversa easier at the end so I could still grab the last aether pot.

I actually came across this sociopath a week or so ago and got smashed. I don’t even think he had the Dancer at the time either. ?

Ok, so I lost 60 lfit only yesterday, and I got another 200 lift today, leaving me with 6610 lifts, 50 points away from securing AR 17. And tomorrow I can raid twice.

I had an interesting setup to face today - Minizura in the middle with Hector and BSTiki on left and right, with a Savage Blow Veronica right above her. The setup was intimidating, I did not want that Veronica to attack me twice, then I noticed an opening - I can attack Minizura 2 tiles away. Luckily my Lilina was able to one-shot her, dance to her with my Minizura, and Lilina draw back, leaving only Minizura in the range of Veronica. This Minizura was trained to survive Veronicas, so my plan was a success, and after that I had little to worry about. Minizura and Reinhardt were strong against BSTiki, and Hector - well, Lilina had Axebreaker too. 

Edited by Garlyle