Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

Lol, I did basically the same thing as Ice Dragon did by running 2 Eir with Surtr, and my god he is so fucking obnoxious, I love it. And he will 100% beat any other Surtr due to the boost in HP and the healing he receives from the Eirs.

I wish I used the comp earlier. I'm running the 2 Eir, Surtr and Nowi with Light blessings, and Loki to keep potential problem units under control.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah this SS pretty much describes playing new Aether Raids in a nutshell.

Zlpjmhq.png

(The 'rock' Veronica guy was amazing, though---he was running +0s and had so many turns free that he triggered all the traps and killed all the buildings. He left the fake traps alone, but he had enough turns free to get those as well if he wanted. The problem? His team only got +110 lift for that win, since he only had 1 Eir & 1 Blessed.)

Edit: Well I stomped my two matches today by just Smiting Surtr into the entire enemy team, so I'm safe for T18 even if I actually turn into the worst player in the world. : /

Edited by DehNutCase

6710 points, I got another 180 lifts today when I really only needed 50 to secure my AR Tier 17. Fun fact, I used the same team most of the time. While having multiple teams prepared, I sticked with the following setup, so far they only lost 2 Reinhardt in all the runs - once because of my stupidity.

9aYExf1.jpg

Such a budget Lilina, not even perfect IV, but she was able to take down all the Surtr and Minizura I was facing. Axebreaker was very useful, and probably my best choice to inherit the whole week.

xoayEd8.jpg

Even though she is not a bonus unit anymore, she is still capable of tanking Veronica or Reinhardt if the enemy team has it. The fact that she is a dancer is a 2nd great value that helped me with adding her to the team. Great supportive bait character.

dMR6Kq6.jpg

k5EpPR5.jpg

Talk about Reinhardt and Veronica. Veronica is the meta right now, even when I have an Atk- version of it. The heal, the buff, and the fact that she cannot be countered is a great utility to my raiding team this week. Reinhardt is just, I mean ... Magic is Everything! But it's nice to have Reposition on him, so we can bail out if a trap was blocking us.

v1BYtag.jpg

Ephraim did not do much, but additional Reposition was very useful, plus he had the movement to get close to the aether pots. He also gave some defensive buff to Veronica and Lilina, not that it needed much.

Edited by Garlyle

@Maaka  When I didn't get a failed defense before the final 20 hours of the season, I decided to pull on Hero Fest a couple of days earlier than planned to try to get more Eirs, and I luckily got 2 more copies in 119 orbs plus the free summon tickets. 

Goal: try to get into Tier 18 in this shortened season all the way from Tier 16.

New team:

• Eir with Reposition and Distant Defense as a seal
  • Eir with Draw Back and Iote's Shield (seal) to counter bows
  • Laevatein (bonus unit)
  • Aversa (light blessed - how ironic)
  • PA!Azura (light blessed)

With 140 points/match, I wasn't sure if this team could handle all the possible threats one would expect.  It helps to have a Level 3 Offensive Fortress plus the catapult to bring the fort up to level 4.

With two matches yesterday and three today, I made it to 7,240!  (I didn't even need the Escape Ladder this week, and I lost a total of 2 units this entire week while breaking nearly all the aether pots through yesterday.)  I got a failed defense while I was asleep, so I can't drop down before the season ends.  It feels great to break through after falling just short last week!

12 minutes ago, DarkAlf said:

@Maaka  When I didn't get a failed defense before the final 20 hours of the season, I decided to pull on Hero Fest a couple of days earlier than planned to try to get more Eirs, and I luckily got 2 more copies in 119 orbs plus the free summon tickets. 

Goal: try to get into Tier 18 in this shortened season all the way from Tier 16.

New team:

• Eir with Reposition and Distant Defense as a seal
  • Eir with Draw Back and Iote's Shield (seal) to counter bows
  • Laevatein (bonus unit)
  • Aversa (light blessed - how ironic)
  • PA!Azura (light blessed)

With 140 points/match, I wasn't sure if this team could handle all the possible threats one would expect.  It helps to have a Level 3 Offensive Fortress plus the catapult to bring the fort up to level 4.

With two matches yesterday and three today, I made it to 7,240!  (I didn't even need the Escape Ladder this week, and I lost a total of 2 units this entire week while breaking nearly all the aether pots through yesterday.)  I got a failed defense while I was asleep, so I can't drop down before the season ends.  It feels great to break through after falling just short last week!

Awesome! Excellent job on handling that team through 5 matches. It's really a pain to have to use two Eirs over two potentially better units. Thankfully she is pretty useful in quite a few situations, but not so much with baiting units. You should also be able to almost completely catch up next week, as most tier 19 players probably won't make it into tier 20 unless they get lucky on defense. As long as nothing changes with scoring, you should be able to get 1500 lift from offensive matches if you destroy all the aether structures, so you will be able to lose 500 lift from defense losses and possible offensive mistakes. 

23 minutes ago, Maaka said:

Awesome! Excellent job on handling that team through 5 matches. It's really a pain to have to use two Eirs over two potentially better units. Thankfully she is pretty useful in quite a few situations, but not so much with baiting units. You should also be able to almost completely catch up next week, as most tier 19 players probably won't make it into tier 20 unless they get lucky on defense. As long as nothing changes with scoring, you should be able to get 1500 lift from offensive matches if you destroy all the aether structures, so you will be able to lose 500 lift from defense losses and possible offensive mistakes. 

Thank you!  I couldn't believe I pulled it off!  Those 119 orbs were well spent.  It wasn't as painful as I feared when I switched to 2 Eirs; I could live without Gwendolyn, but not using my Fae was a bit of a challenge.  I shudder to have to use this team whenever I get to Tier 19, but at least next week I can probably coast as long as I stay focused.  (It also helps that it'll be a regular 7-day season instead of 6 days like this one.)  I can see the 6-hero defense teams in Tier 19 now....

I want to say thank you for people helping me with my defense. 

I'm actually winning more than like 1 a season. 

I'm on Tier 14 now. 
I don't know if i'm gonna get more Eirs. though. I'd love 2 more (one for me, keep the neutral, and pick the other clean), but i doubt that's happening. 

Currently sitting at rank 467 with 7,760 Lift (Tier 18). I'm 4 Aether short from doing another run, but it wouldn't be enough to go up another tier and I'm in no risk of dropping out of the top 3,000, so it doesn't really matter.

Lost points on defense only 4 times, and only 2 of those were the full 80 points. I should probably stop being lazy and actually improve my defense team, but I'm lazy and don't care enough.

I'm hoping it permanently remains Light season at least until we get a new Mythic Hero because otherwise it'll just be another slog next week, and I don't like sloggy game modes.

Edited by Ice Dragon

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm hoping it permanently remains Light season at least until we get a new Mythic Hero because otherwise it'll just be another slog next week, and I don't like sloggy game modes.

Spoiler

image0.png?width=636&height=584

Apparently it alternates, so we only get to abuse Eir every other week.

I got 7,080 Lift and I am in Rank 4,603! Top 5,000! There is only about 5 hours left, so hopefully I get to stay and get my Silver Throne.

Edited by XRay

Currently at 6,800 Lift. Sitting on 9 defense wins and 4 losses, losing 140 Lift all week.

I'd say the whole "shove Surtr in the corner behind a bunch of structures" cancer strat works a little too well.

Well, the power of triple Eir and the Surtr/Odin bromance almost got me up two tiers to T19 this season. Took way too many defense hits for that to pan out, though, so I'm about 180 Lift short. Despite setting up a troll Surtr sandbagging strat (because let's be real here: I'm fighting all super whales fielding +10 fully invincible Surtrs that even laugh at my +1 Death Blow 6 Axebreaker +Atk Lilina, so timing out is about my best option), I kept getting super whales who were bringing stuff to specifically crush Surtr on the final turn (hilariously, this typically amounts to a +10 Armorsmasher user with TA3 and Axebreaker that they ram straight into his face, rather than any kind of red tome setup... though one person did bring a dancer!Micaiah).

Phew, another season done, 8406 mean tier 19 is safe. But wow, are the matches getting annoying, I wish I could fight Reinhardt and Veronica again.

Next week I will just try to keep tier 19 and wait, my defense won't save enough points that tier 20 is even possible and top 3k should be safe.

Then I may go for tier 20 with the next light season, but it may be better for me to wait until a few thousand players catch up so I am not fighting players far above my own skill all the time.

@Maaka

I am really impressed. Top 10 and I think I even saw you at rank 2 at one point, I bow deep before one of the best players in the world.

Edited by Azuris

1 hour ago, Raven said:

I'd say the whole "shove Surtr in the corner behind a bunch of structures" cancer strat works a little too well.

Really? That is interesting.

I find that strategy to be quite underwhelming when I face it. It makes my life on offense easier since I would be dealing with 1 less enemy and it makes positioning Laevatein easier since I do not have worry about her killing everyone before I get my Aether structures.

36 minutes ago, Azuris said:

Phew, another season done, 8406 mean tier 19 is safe. But wow, are the matches getting annoying, I wish I could fight Reinhardt and Veronica again.

Next week I will just try to keep tier 19 and wait, my defense won't save enough points that tier 20 is even possible and top 3k should be safe.

Then I may go for tier 20 with the next light season, but it may be better for me to wait until a few thousand players catch up so I am not fighting player far above my own skill all the time.

@Maaka

I am really impressed. Top 10 and I think I even see you at rank 2 at one point, I bow deep before one of the best players in the world.

Thanks and congrats on tier 19 yourself! My plan with Myrrh and two ward flier Eirs worked out perfectly, although I did have trouble getting some aether structures on a few stall teams. 15 aether short of another run that would get me to 9,000, but it doesn't matter in the end. Hopefully my new defense team works out well next week so I can get into tier 20, but I will have to get pretty lucky.

Strange experience for me this week. While again I didn't even get a single kill on defense.. I only lost 160 points total since only 4 people fought me, 3 of which were on the first day. After the second day of the week, I got no defense results anymore. Maybe I should try the "hide the Surtr" meta you guys are talking about to prepare for next week, though like @XRay said, I find those maps pretty trivial when I encounter them myself. So I'm surprised to hear they're actually working that well. My Surtr's not light blessed and is -def, though, so I guess I probably can't do it well anyway.

At 7,710 I'm safe for tier 18 and hopefully I can make it to 19 next week. I was unable to get an extra Eir even with all my orbs spent on the hero fest banner, so I can't get more than 110 lift per match. Even if I make it to 19, that may remain my cap unless I do really well/get no defenses. Needing "only" 2-3 Eirs to boost lift doesn't mean much if I still can't pull them.

I'm ending this week with 7,440 lift, enough to land me in tier 18 and still within the top 3K.  The first guy who challenged my castle had this monstrosity on their team:

Spoiler

SIHsBtm.png

Supported by three Eirs, he was Repo'd into my defenders and that was that. 

@Maaka

Thanks and good luck with tier 20 next week, you deserve it.

39 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

At 7,710 I'm safe for tier 18 and hopefully I can make it to 19 next week.

Congratulations on tier 18 and good luck with tier 19 next week.

Seems like you love fliers as well. The team you showed earlier is close to one of the teams I used this week, only with F Grima instead of Camilla. But seems you are in a better spot as you can bless Camilla while I have to replace Grima.

42 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I was unable to get an extra Eir even with all my orbs spent on the hero fest banner, so I can't get more than 110 lift per match. Even if I make it to 19, that may remain my cap unless I do really well/get no defenses. Needing "only" 2-3 Eirs to boost lift doesn't mean much if I still can't pull them.

Oh, I am so sorry for you. That's bad. I had to spend 400 orbs for 2 Eir, which was annoying, at least I could bless Aversa, Bride Ninian and Loki. But I need one more for Myrrh if I commit to her and some for bonus units for the final push to tier 21, whenever that will be. So I hope we can get some for TT or a mythic hero battle with Eir.

I hope you will get your Eir so you are in a better spot.

12 minutes ago, Azuris said:

Congratulations on tier 18 and good luck with tier 19 next week.

Seems like you love fliers as well. The team you showed earlier is close to one of the teams I used this week, only with F Grima instead of Camilla. But seems you are in a better spot as you can bless Camilla while I have to replace Grima.

Oh, I am so sorry for you. That's bad. I had to spend 400 orbs for 2 Eir, which was annoying, at least I could bless Aversa, Bride Ninian and Loki. But I need one more for Myrrh if I commit to her and some for bonus units for the final push to tier 21, whenever that will be. So I hope we can get some for TT or a mythic hero battle with Eir.

I hope you will get your Eir so you are in a better spot.

Thanks! Sounds like you're doing even better making it to tier 18 already! And yes, fliers are my main thing and best units. It's very nice how key AR units like Aversa and now Eir fit right into my usual team compositions too.

Yeah, I may be out of the running for higher tiers in this mode. Missing her on the current banner means more Eirs is probably not going to happen period for me. I doubt I'll be pulling for her on the next legendary, and 1/3 on a legendary isn't good odds anyway. It stinks that's what scoring in the mode has come to and it's the main thing that will be holding me back.(even more than my bad defenses were)

Maybe pulling a few more Eir copies for the sake of this mode eems trivial to some, but it's still just luck if you aren't whaling. Sorry you had to spend 400 orbs on her yourself, too. (my 200 stash got me the Ophelia and Lewyn I was looking for, but nothing from colorless stones)

Made it to tier 17 this week, got my concentration back for this mode. I'm a little bummed I've never got a throne so far. 

Lost lift on defense daily, but twice only 60. I boxed my Cherche into a corner and she beams in with WoM once someone missed to kill Sigurd or Hector. Should improve on defense though. 

Curious for the next mythic heroes and if we can get the new blessing from missions soon. 

7380 in the end. I managed to avoid being challenged on defence twice, so I still would have made it, but it would have been a lot more stressful.

@DarkAlf Congratulations! Out of curiosity, what did you rank? I want to know how competitive top 3k will be.

@Azuris  I’d say that I hope you join you in t19 next season, but that’s when the six-man forts unlock... part of me just wants to stay in t18 forever.

@Baldrick Thank you!  I got a rank of 3,460 with my score of 7,240.  What was your rank with your score of 7,380? 

@Azuris and @Maaka Congrats on reaching Tier 19 to both of you!  That's seriously impressive!  I hope you both make it to Tier 20!

@Alkaid I feel really horribly for you that you didn't get more Eirs.  It's a crying shame that it'll be much harder to pull for her in future banners.  I sincerely hope to see you move up to Tiers 19+!

That I rallied from a bad second week where I didn't even place top 10000 and wasn't taking the mode seriously enough to get to where I am now is honestly one of my proudest achievements in FEH.  (It also helps to have pulled 2 Eirs yesterday.)  Perhaps if I pulled earlier I could've made Top 3000, but I'm really thrilled to leap from Tier 16 to Tier 18 in this short 6-day season.  This next week will be interesting to see if I can reach Tier 19 and break into Top 3000 with much nastier teams looming.

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

Maybe pulling a few more Eir copies for the sake of this mode eems trivial to some, but it's still just luck if you aren't whaling. Sorry you had to spend 400 orbs on her yourself, too. (my 200 stash got me the Ophelia and Lewyn I was looking for, but nothing from colorless stones)

Mind pulling (and running) Eir grates on me like crazy. I transitioned from basically one of the most aggressive players possible into 'just let the armor solo everything.'

It's just that grails are actually much more important than orbs in the short term. (They're a much more limited resource and they get much more limited units than orbs.) And in the long term I'm pretty sure I'll eventually want to +10 a limited unit, so I'll need a huge stash of the stuff.

If we don't get a Mythic Hero for this coming week, though, I should be able to run my classic team for one last hurrah. (Main problem is that I don't have a horse bonus unit, so double dancer will be troublesome fit into the team.)

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

Yeah, I may be out of the running for higher tiers in this mode. Missing her on the current banner means more Eirs is probably not going to happen period for me. I doubt I'll be pulling for her on the next legendary, and 1/3 on a legendary isn't good odds anyway. It stinks that's what scoring in the mode has come to and it's the main thing that will be holding me back.(even more than my bad defenses were)

I hope your free ticket tomorrow might get you an Eir even if the chances are small.

And I totally get you. It's bad enough, that they pretty much force you to summon for Eir (or later mythic heroes) if you want to be competitive, it's even impossible to reach the highest tier without, but even worse if the banner then just treats you this way.

I am only a tier ahead of you because of the one season were you kept getting attacked, while I just barely made a tier. And now there is a second time where you get really thrown back by bad luck. You have my respect for keeping at it despite these setbacks.

Let's just hope, we will get some blessings another way soon, so you can at least get some blessings up.

51 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Made it to tier 17 this week, got my concentration back for this mode. I'm a little bummed I've never got a throne so far. 

Really surprised you are actually behind me in this mode. You have some really impressive one turn and Galeforce strats, and I saw people using Galeforce to great effect in AR as well.

But I guess you may not be interested too much in this.

32 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

I’d say that I hope you join you in t19 next season, but that’s when the six-man forts unlock... part of me just wants to stay in t18 forever.

Then I wish you the best of luck and maybe we can go up to t20 together when light season returns.

And I guess you could always go back to tier 18 if you don't like it, but I think you will manage. I guess I will have to finally set up Pain+, Savage Blow as some ward armor stall got me pretty close to the turn limit with 5 units.

11 minutes ago, DarkAlf said:

Congrats on reaching Tier 19 to both of you!  That's seriously impressive!  I hope you both make it to Tier 20!

Thanks, that is kind of you, but while Maaka will most likely charge ahead, you and I will probably meet in tier 19 next week.

And congratulations on your catch-up, you should have a nice starting spot for getting top 3k this time.

And another congratulations on the two Eirs. While I might be a little bit jealous, that you got them so fast, I am more happy you didn't have to go through the same sadness.