Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how first place in AR is named RIP AR, whoever it is did the perfection just for this message.

That aside, this week started good for me. Offensive Fortress Upgrade was worth it. If I only have been this solid at the second and third week of aetherraid I would be at least T18 or even T19. But no use crying over spilled milk.

I think my goal will be to gather some Astra/Dark heroes if they come out and make a defense team Bonus Round. Depending on how the reduce of Lift loss works. 

20 minutes ago, Stroud said:

I think my goal will be to gather some Astra/Dark heroes if they come out and make a defense team Bonus Round. Depending on how the reduce of Lift loss works. 

They revealed the formulas for the maximum Lift increase/Defense Lift Loss reduction in the notifications iirc, so with whaling for +10 Dark/Anima mythic heroes brings the maximum Def Lift loss down to a meager -28 for a 6 unit defense instead of -80. (2*4*4 = 32 for 2 +0 mythics, 52 with 2 +10s)

21 minutes ago, Azuni said:

They revealed the formulas for the maximum Lift increase/Defense Lift Loss reduction in the notifications iirc, so with whaling for +10 Dark/Anima mythic heroes brings the maximum Def Lift loss down to a meager -28 for a 6 unit defense instead of -80. (2*4*4 = 32 for 2 +0 mythics, 52 with 2 +10s)

Oh thanks, and there I thought I read it this time, always skipping through xD -28 sounds nice, I can life with that. even -48 in case of zero merges is good enough. That is almost half. 

59 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

so. okay. 
at level 14, i have sixty-something Aether consumed. 
how are you supposed toplay a lot without a constant source of replenishment? seriously.

I don't know... For me, the next battle cost 77 Aether. I am on Tier 17 right now (Lift 6.720).

I am on Rank 6,720 in the general rank, Rank 4 between my FEH friends.

The blessing we get this week is really nice, especially for people that had no luck with Eir, but also good for backup to bless a bonus unit once in a while. Hope they will continue to have them every week.

10 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Let's say I started slowly into this mode. ^^ 

Ah, ok. I figured, it is most likely not your biggest interest.

Thinking about it, a high hp Loki would be pretty useful for my kind of team.

Gravity effects basically save a unit-turn, and makes planning easier. (My Tactic's Room is where it is precisely because the lava map has a lava tile right above it---people who try to prevent my setup with the lava map just get hosed.) Pity healers don't get to use repo.

Edit:

Turns out Surtr just flat out walls my main team, feelsbadman. (Strictly speaking my main team could've handled him, it's just that the map walled off the right side---which was the side I had to go through if I wanted to use Galeforce at all, otherwise the Veronica/Bow Lucina/Hrid/Flying Azura combo owns me. And I didn't have enough turns for that)

xk6U7jz.png

Double Edit: Ugh, missed a Aether Pot today, even if I lost 0 units. This Spring Breeze 'wall off the right side strategy' is owning me.

Edited by DehNutCase

7 hours ago, daisy jane said:

so. okay. 
at level 14, i have sixty-something Aether consumed. 
how are you supposed toplay a lot without a constant source of replenishment? seriously.

Once you get to high enough levels, you don't play a lot. About twice per day, generally.

Wish Hrid could be a bonus unit forever. These have been some great seasons thanks to being able to stack his Def and Res to absurd levels, where even +10 Reinhardts can't hurt him without Moonbow. I'm finding that the most dangerous thing in this mode is the enemy dancer, since Dance/Sing will remove an enemy's debuffs.

uu2f0kc.png

This means that there are only 154 people in T19 at the moment. I think part of it is because being consistently good is annoying as hell (I know I don't enjoy it), and another part is that a lot of the best people either couldn't get Eir or stopped caring as much about AR once Eir dropped.

(My own rank doesn't actually matter---T18 should be like ~10k people, if not larger, so the fact that I'm slightly ahead right now makes no difference past this week. Might not even make a difference this week---I'm inconsistent enough that not making T19 is a real possibility.)

29 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

This means that there are only 154 people in T19 at the moment. I think part of it is because being consistently good is annoying as hell (I know I don't enjoy it), and another part is that a lot of the best people either couldn't get Eir or stopped caring as much about AR once Eir dropped.

Tier 19 will definitely be a point at which most players will struggle to get any higher, especially in weeks without active blessings. T20 will be even more of a wall since it currently requires that you have pulled at least one more Eir to reach (or at least until they give out more free Light Blessings) and it's impossible to advance without the correct season.

• Need 9,400 to get to T20, and no blessings means the best you can score is 9,600 which means there's little room for error, even on the defense side (though that's made a little easier by unlocking the 6th defense team slot).
  • With Eir and two blessings (really glad they added the extra free one there), it should be possible to get a score of 9,880 before defense losses, so it's only slightly tighter.
  • For those of us currently in T18, you can only miss 2 pots before losing an extra run for the week.
  • With Eir and 2 blessings next week and starting at T19, you can miss 3 or 4 pots (depending on when during the week you miss them) before losing an extra run.

Also I'm expecting that, following next season, the bonus units will include Eir, the 4 new seasonals, Xander, Lloyd, Alfonse, and I'm guessing Legendary Robin and potentially the new Legendary hero for December (though that might be coming too late).

13 minutes ago, Johann said:

Also I'm expecting that, following next season, the bonus units will include Eir, the 4 new seasonals, Xander, Lloyd, Alfonse, and I'm guessing Legendary Robin and potentially the new Legendary hero for December (though that might be coming too late).

It's already been datamined:

Spoiler

You have the first 9 right. The last one is Gunter.

Edited by Ice Dragon

16 minutes ago, Johann said:

Very tempted to pull out 4x Ward Cav Xander for the laziest Aether Raids team in history. (Armor team at least have to try to break pots, but Xander team is full of horses.)

Would only be for Anima season, though---it's basically against the law not to run as many copies of Eir as you can. : /

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's already been datamined:

Reveal hidden contents

You have the first 9 right. The last one is Gunter.

Good to hear, there's some solid choices for synergy among that line-up. I'm glad I can keep to my strategy of giving a powerful unit S Support and let them overwhelm everything, even against the triangle.

With the increasing risk of me getting crazy, while also throwing my phone at the wall (basically, I hate Aether Raids), I would like to ask how I should proceed in building up a core offense team to handle most situations. I can't be arsed with switching out all the time, dont have enough blessings and I'm not motivated at all, but have to play this daily so I don't feel like I miss out on too much. Although I know that no team can beat everything, I aim at easing my daily pain with the worst parts of this game before I feel forced to quit.

So I have three Eirs, two neutrals, one Att+/Spd-, barely any noteworthy units without blessings (making it even more obnoxious finding targets for the light blessings, as I hate deleting the former one). I don't mind swapping out blessings or investing in more copies for Aversa, pulled a trashy but maybe useable Fae (+HP/-Res) on todays banner and generally don't know what to build that doesn't make a unit die to the cookie cutter overlapping defense nonsense.

If investing in a solid core puts me at ease, I can dig into quality fodder, though I don't have some of the more common premium skills like Close/Distant Counter, so kindly point towards roles and strategies I should go for. That will suffice as a start, but I appreciate any specifics as well.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Do we know also the bonus structures? 

You might not have noticed, but the bonus structures have been going down the list. It'll more than likely go through all the schools and then loop back to Bolt Tower, unless they add more stuff before then. I suspect that Escape Ladder won't be a bonus structure since it doesn't have a (D) version, but who knows.

1 hour ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

With the increasing risk of me getting crazy, while also throwing my phone at the wall (basically, I hate Aether Raids), I would like to ask how I should proceed in building up a core offense team to handle most situations. I can't be arsed with switching out all the time, dont have enough blessings and I'm not motivated at all, but have to play this daily so I don't feel like I miss out on too much. Although I know that no team can beat everything, I aim at easing my daily pain with the worst parts of this game before I feel forced to quit.

So I have three Eirs, two neutrals, one Att+/Spd-, barely any noteworthy units without blessings (making it even more obnoxious finding targets for the light blessings, as I hate deleting the former one). I don't mind swapping out blessings or investing in more copies for Aversa, pulled a trashy but maybe useable Fae (+HP/-Res) on todays banner and generally don't know what to build that doesn't make a unit die to the cookie cutter overlapping defense nonsense.

If investing in a solid core puts me at ease, I can dig into quality fodder, though I don't have some of the more common premium skills like Close/Distant Counter, so kindly point towards roles and strategies I should go for. That will suffice as a start, but I appreciate any specifics as well.

Here are a few tips:

• Of the bonus units, whichever one you have that is your most versatile and powerful should be on most or all of your 5 teams. Giving this unit S Support and skills/seals that enhance their survival can be a very good idea, especially since HP is invaluable against enemy Aversas. For instance, when Legendary Ike was the bonus unit, boosting his stats like crazy helped ensure that he could counter and kill nearly anything that came at him (even Reinhardt if his Res was emphasized). Right now, I'm boosting Hrid with Distant Def seal, and other characters are helping boost his Res to the point where Reinhardt does 0 damage.
  • Aversa is always good to bring along, if only for her weapon's effect. I don't care for her, so I'm not going crazy with her investment, but I did give her HP+5 skill and seal and a Light Blessing, which works wonders when it's active since only the bulkiest of units can out-HP her. I also gave her Drive Res and Axebreaker just in case, though I rarely use her to fight, she usually does positioning stuff. I honestly think she's the best character for this mode, making a Light Blessing on her an amazing choice (plus you can use flier buffs with Eir if you want).
  • The most valuable skills here are generally things that are valuable in other time limited modes like Grand Conquest; Galeforce, Wings of Mercy, stand-out staff skills like Gravity/Candlelight/Pain, etc.
  • Positioning skills, particularly Reposition, Draw Back, and Smite, are practically a necessity, especially if your approach involves triggering some traps. Note that a unit who is Reposition'd/Smite'd/etc onto a trap will active the effect, but not lose their turn, making it possible to bypass them.
  • Tactics Room (O) is one of the more important structures since it can hold back irritating threats like Brave Veronica, Brave Lyn, etc. I personally place mine in the second spot from the right, as there are many common setups that place irritating cavalry units like those in that location. I also put the Catapult in the rightmost spot since that same common build often uses structures to keep their units from suiciding
  • I'm considering giving my second Light Blessing to Robin F since her tome lets her counter Reinhardt, Lyn, and Veronica, while buffing the rest of the team (usually). The Res boost in particular will help her quite a bit. This is just an idea though, I haven't put it into practice and I haven't used her in the mode.

Unlike Arena, it's easy to maintain a tier once you've reached it, so don't burn yourself out trying to get the max score if you're not feeling it in a given week. As long as you're outscoring your Defense losses, you'll still be collecting a good amount of Grails.

42 minutes ago, Johann said:

You might not have noticed, but the bonus structures have been going down the list. It'll more than likely go through all the schools and then loop back to Bolt Tower, unless they add more stuff before then. I suspect that Escape Ladder won't be a bonus structure since it doesn't have a (D) version, but who knows.

Schools as bonus structures aren't optimal, everybody will run the same schools for weeks (since you can't run 2 schools at the same time). Thanks!