Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

That's interesting. So if I'm understanding this right, with 1 Mythic Hero and 2 Blessed Heroes, assuming my defense team doesn't kill anyone, I would lose 72 Lift instead of the normal 80 during Dark/Anima seasons? Does this also mean that Eir isn't being very helpful in my defense team even during Light season?

Incidentally, what's the incredibly obvious in-game location I could have checked this information from (except for the formula which I assume was discovered by players)?

That's correct, assuming you had a Dark or Anima Mythic hero. Also you can now use a Legendary hero and get the same stat boosts and score bonuses provided their season is active (ie: use Fjorm and Eir during Water and Light season will give Fjorm the HP/Res+5 and score boost), so that makes the blessings and teams little easier to manage. On a Defense team, Eir doesn't provide any help to your score, but she can provide the stat boosts (and she's still a bonus unit for the next two weeks at least).

There's no obvious location for this information, they just mentioned it in the notes back when Eir was introduced. Even some of the major websites that keep track of these kinds of things don't have it written down. I almost think I should write up an AR guide and put it in there so people have a way to check.

7 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

Incidentally, what's the incredibly obvious in-game location I could have checked this information from (except for the formula which I assume was discovered by players)?

1 minute ago, Johann said:

There's no obvious location for this information, they just mentioned it in the notes back when Eir was introduced. Even some of the major websites that keep track of these kinds of things don't have it written down. I almost think I should write up an AR guide and put it in there so people have a way to check.

The incredibly obvious in-game location you could have checked this information from is

• Offense: Allies > Special Teams > Aether Raids Offense > "?" in the top-right corner > Pages 5 and 6.
  • Defense: Battle > Aether Raids > Manage Flying Castle > Manage Defense Team > "?" in the top-right corner > Pages 6 and 7.

Because heaven forbid they put this somewhere easier to find.

I don't know the English menu option names, so these are just lazy translations.

23 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

I came to the conclusion some time ago that I can just ignore parts of the game that I feel are too much. I've enjoyed AR but also if I don't feel like doing it, I can skip some daily fights just as well. And it's been over a year since I last did AA without there being Arena Quests that involve AA.

Incidentally, couple of seasons back when it was time to switch bonus structures, instead of buying the new bonus structure for my defense team, I accidentally leveled up the old one. That was kind of irritating, but also funny when I thought this might confuse players attacking me.

I can't just ignore AR. Arvis +10 is one of my goals. It especially hurts because I was doing so well. I hope this misstep doesn't cost me getting into T19 and then T20.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The incredibly obvious in-game location you could have checked this information from is

• Offense: Allies > Special Teams > Aether Raids Offense > "?" in the top-right corner > Pages 5 and 6.
  • Defense: Battle > Aether Raids > Manage Flying Castle > Manage Defense Team > "?" in the top-right corner > Pages 6 and 7.

I don't know the English menu option names, so these are just lazy translations.

The English help text in these locations don't give the formulas, they only state that using these heroes/blessings and merges help with Lift gain or reducing losses.

20 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Come to the Tier 18, Sylphid... We have enemy defensive teams with five units instead of six.

But will I fit in anymore with my defense team of 6?

16 minutes ago, Johann said:

That's correct, assuming you had a Dark or Anima Mythic hero. Also you can now use a Legendary hero and get the same stat boosts and score bonuses provided their season is active (ie: use Fjorm and Eir during Water and Light season will give Fjorm the HP/Res+5 and score boost), so that makes the blessings and teams little easier to manage. On a Defense team, Eir doesn't provide any help to your score, but she can provide the stat boosts (and she's still a bonus unit for the next two weeks at least).

Yeah I saw the information for Mythic and Legendary Heroes getting the Blessings for their season, that's a nice change. I had assumed it only gave stats and not a score boost though, but now I know that's because I had Grima only in my defense team.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Seems far too easy, they should add some extra steps in there.

So wait, AR offense guide is only in the Allies menu :huh:

Incidentally, thanks for reminding me that Special Teams menu exists, I had completely forgotten of it. Should make it easier to edit the teams for various modes going forward.

17 minutes ago, Chrom-ulent said:

I can't just ignore AR. Arvis +10 is one of my goals. It especially hurts because I was doing so well. I hope this misstep doesn't cost me getting into T19 and then T20.

I get you, since I dream of Naesala+10. I didn't mean ignoring AR in its entirety, but for example changing the goal from increasing your tier to maintaining it, since difference in rewards between the tiers isn't that big. Of course, whatever you decide to do is up to you, not this random person on the internet.

23 minutes ago, Johann said:

The English help text in these locations don't give the formulas, they only state that using these heroes/blessings and merges help with Lift gain or reducing losses.

Which was what was being asked for, if I understood correctly.

3 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

So wait, AR offense guide is only in the Allies menu :huh:

You can also get there by editing the team from Battle > Aether Raids > Battle > Manage Offense Team > "?" since it's the same screen, but I like to remind people that the Special Teams menu exists and is rather convenient.

Heh, actually started the season with a defense win for once. I was considering giving my Brave Lyn a Brave Bow+, but she's just the +0 neutral freebie pull and everyone kind of knows to watch out for her anyway. Then I remembered I had a +Atk Klein I'd been sleeping on for some time and figured if I was going to be spending 20k feathers on a Brave Bow+ user, I might as well use the one with higher Atk. And thanks to a rally trap and L!Azura, he neither misses out on the +6 Atk buff nor the extended range. He contributed quite nicely to a surprise focus fire on an M!Kana my attacker tried to bait with. Of course, he can't take all the credit. I have a L!Hector hanging out to the side essentially being the lynch-pin of defense (which is funny, considering he was an off-colour pity breaker when I was trying to snipe blues for Fjorm). Thanks to his pulse, Rein gets a turn-1 Luna and Klein gets a ninja turn-1 Moonbow (Lilina also potentially has a turn-1 Moonbow against axes, though that largely just scares the axes off). Throw in Wasaga+'s and Forblaze's debuffs for good measure.

I'd almost feel bad, but I'm tired of being raided by super whales.

It just hit me that adding your first dark hero to a 6-unit defense team decreases your maximum defense loss from -80 to -60, while adding your second light hero to a 5-unit offense team increases your maximum offense gain from 140 to 160. And accounting for the frequency of offense wins vs defense losses, that means that the second light hero is likely to have about twice as much impact on your score over the course of the week, possibly more.

I posted in the wrong thread earlier:

4 hours ago, XRay said:

I just used up all my ladders today. I cannot kill things fast enough even with Blade tomes. I cannot use FV!F!Robin to carry the team either since she is no longer a bonus unit (she immediately died when I sent her in against a Surtr).

Maybe I can try Sharena instead of FV!F!Robin since I gave her Distant Counter.

Tier 19's defense teams are really tough. I kind of regretted doing Aether Raids right when I wake up.

Now that I am not half asleep, I am thinking of maybe reassigning my Askr Trio's Blessings to Light since I never used their Legendary Blessings to full effect in Arena. For the next few weeks, I am thinking of running the same team as last week, but instead of FV!F!Robin, I am running Distant Counter Sharena. I might also run a second team with Distant Counter-Vantage Laevatein and VS!Azura, but it kind of sucks since I cannot run two Eirs if I want to utilize Atk Tactic.

14 minutes ago, XRay said:

I posted in the wrong thread earlier:

Tier 19's defense teams are really tough. I kind of regretted doing Aether Raids right when I wake up.

Now that I am not half asleep, I am thinking of maybe reassigning my Askr Trio's Blessings to Light since I never used their Legendary Blessings to full effect in Arena. For the next few weeks, I am thinking of running the same team as last week, but instead of FV!F!Robin, I am running Distant Counter Sharena. I might also run a second team with Distant Counter-Vantage Laevatein and VS!Azura, but it kind of sucks since I cannot run two Eirs if I want to utilize Atk Tactic.

You technically could still utilize Attack Tactic. It would just have to be only on Sharena and Laevatein. And really, if they can carry hard enough, that will likely be fine. My typical Light Season team these days is Eir, Eir, Eir/Aversa, Surtr/Cecilia and Odin/Aversa.  Two of the Eirs carry Res and Def Tactic as their seals because I only really need Surtr and Odin to get buffed (though Odin can provide buffs to the Eirs if they really need it).

1 minute ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

You technically could still utilize Attack Tactic. It would just have to be only on Sharena and Laevatein. And really, if they can carry hard enough, that will likely be fine. My typical Light Season team these days is Eir, Eir, Eir/Aversa, Surtr/Cecilia and Odin/Aversa.  Two of the Eirs carry Res and Def Tactic as their seals because I only really need Surtr and Odin to get buffed (though Odin can provide buffs to the Eirs if they really need it).

Oh yeah, good point. I really only need Atk Tactic to work on the units that carry the team.

I'm pretty sure that last season a Legendary Hero in their respective season gave +10 lift, but today I don't get +10 if I put a Legendary Hero in my team. Maybe I was wrong about how the Legendary Heroes interaction works, or maybe they changed something? Could someone also check?

4 minutes ago, Rhein said:

I'm pretty sure that last season a Legendary Hero in their respective season gave +10 lift, but today I don't get +10 if I put a Legendary Hero in my team. Maybe I was wrong about how the Legendary Heroes interaction works, or maybe they changed something? Could someone also check?

Legendary Heroes matching the current season count as if they were blessed with all of the current season's Mythic Hero blessings, which is why they gave you the additional +10 Lift last season if you had Eir on your team.

This season is Astra and Anima, and unless you've been cheating, there are no Mythic Heroes that can provide those blessing boosts.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Legendary Heroes count as if they were blessed with all of the current season's Mythic Hero blessings, which is why they gave you the additional +10 Lift.

This season is Astra and Anima, and unless you've been cheating, there are no Mythic Heroes that can provide those blessing boosts.

Oh I see. So they will only give bonus lift when there is a Mythic Hero in the team together with their correspondent season. Thanks.

Well, it seems that this will be a hard week, like two ago, to maintain this time T20. With today’s lose, I might end today in demotion, which means that I have to make even more points tomorrow to make up for this mess -.-

Ended last season on exactly 10k Lift.

Weeks without the Light bonus are a fucking slugfest. Lost 3 in a row (both ladders and the free run gone) and got only 60 points and no fountain kills on my only successful fight on the first day. In the meantime, everyone's tearing my pitiful defense a new asshole.

I suppose things will get easier once T20 becomes more saturated.

Still need 900 more dew for a level 4 off fort, currently holding 270 stones, will have 500 by the end of the week if I manage to stay in T20. At least if I do drop back to T19 by the end of this week, it will be easier to climb back up to T20 due to T19 being pretty well saturated by then.

Seriously considering building up Aversa just to make things a little easier for myself, in both off and def. Sick of dealing with several 60+ Atk nukes, Surtrs, and the likes.

I've gotten really lucky with my defense team so far this week. Yesterday, my first defense match resulted in 2 kills, meaning I only lost 40 points, and today's resulted in 3 kills for a loss of only 20 points. It would have been better if it counted the second match yesterday instead of the first, which was a surrender, but I'm not going to complain about the 40 free points (that covered two of my three lost units on offense yesterday).

As for offense, I got Winter Fae up to Summoner S support yesterday to help her tank now that she is no longer a bonus unit, and it seems to be working... because everyone straight up ignores her to go kill Tiki instead because I keep forgetting to check for teleportation skills that aren't Wings of Mercy.

I'm now 220 rocks away (will be 160 after I get the remaining daily rocks for this week) from getting enough dew to get a level 4 offense Fortress, which will be really nice to have. And since it's physically impossible for me to drop below Tier 16 this week from Tier 20 for the weekly reward, I should be set to have my Fortress upgraded for next season.

One of these days, I should really update my defense team, though.

T21 is where it's at. A lot of people are subscribing to the "fuck it, I'll just give them the win" Def map strategy of their favorite weaponless characters in cute arrangements. Perhaps I'm just lucky, but I've only had to do one real fight so far.

i botched my ladders already, but I'm comfortably at 9620 lift right now, having only lost 60 lift on day one, and having had 3 successful defenses today. So I'm not worried about demotion. I currently have 0 dew, 240 stones and level 3 offense and defense forts. Fountains are of course upgraded so my lift gets replenished as much as possible.  Next up, creating dew for the lvl 4 offense fort. 

2 hours ago, Johann said:

T21 is where it's at. A lot of people are subscribing to the "fuck it, I'll just give them the win" Def map strategy of their favorite weaponless characters in cute arrangements. Perhaps I'm just lucky, but I've only had to do one real fight so far.

I wish I could say the same. I keep getting cancerous ones, though I've got a joke map up myself. At least i can get by while losing some units and matches since I really don't care to waste time calculating anything this week.

37 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I wish I could say the same. I keep getting cancerous ones, though I've got a joke map up myself. At least i can get by while losing some units and matches since I really don't care to waste time calculating anything this week.

I guess I am just lucky so far, but I kinda hope a lot of people are doing it and that other people figure "what the hell, I might as well do it too" since there's little to be gained from screwing people over, especially if you're getting free wins. Calculation-wise, we'll get up to 15 runs (not counting Ladder make-ups) this week and you just need to get more than 560 from offense, so there's a LOT of room for error or even skipping days