Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

On ‎14‎.‎01‎.‎2019 at 7:08 PM, Azuris said:

Congratulations. That's still pretty good and you can try again next week.

Thanks, same to you for reaching T20. I will try to take the opportunity next week. Between the light seasons some players tend to be unmotivated. Still salty though, because I could easily have gotten the second aether, even had one Ladder left.

On ‎15‎.‎01‎.‎2019 at 12:24 AM, DarkAlf said:

Congrats on T20!

Same to you. 

Overall I cannot wait for Sunday. I cannot say it often enough Deirdre/Athena combination was such a help this week. I don't even needed to think which team to pick this week. With Athena, Deirdre, L!Azura, Aversa and Eir I had a team which feels like they could be used against all what I have meet this week. If I just get 5 more merges for Deirdre I can think up of freeing her from Fury, give her another A skill which gives her more bulk and does not drain her HP.

Reaching T21 will depend on my luck for now. As long as I don't get my hands on a second Eir or a Dark Hero. Next week will be testing the waters.

So far T20 is mixed. First day was not so good, but on the second day I could solo a 6 man team with Athena again. I just need to take the threats out and she tanks the rest. But I don't like using. I wish we could decide between 2 buildings each season. Bolt Tower works against my Galeforce strat...and without it I may be at the disadvantage overall.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As expected, Nailah is really pleasant to use now that I'm getting more used to how I'm supposed to position her in a team of 0 dragons and 1 beast. How to transform wolf turn 1 is basically the hardest part of a given map. That said, I think I'm still going to chill for a few more weeks so that the competition gets even weaker.

Really burned out on AR.

Edit: Also people need to stop running Ophelia without Hardy Bearing if the plan is 'hit them with all my fucking mages and pray.' (How does everyone have like 50 copies of Lewyn for Special Spiral anyway?) If Vantage kills your whole lineup something has to give.

I do still need to work on AI prediction a bit more, though. Lost a map today because I got Corrin sniped---and I needed him to kill Surtr.

Edited by DehNutCase

Somehow I’m managing to stay in the line between drop and not drop (l’ve lost some matches today). If I stay, I need to run as much as possible to get T21 next week, because no light seasons are a pain to keep a tier

Another 160 points collected today just to secure my position in T19. That's one reason to do Aether Raid, the other is to collect the daily rewards. Another one is to see what I can expect next week and to see if it's finally time to change my offense team.

55 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Another one is to see what I can expect next week and to see if it's finally time to change my offense team.

True that (while I think defense maps will look different next week). 

I'm currently trying a team of bonus units (Eir, M!Marth+10, Camus, NY!Fjorm) to see who might be a good choice for next week. Vantage Camus with Fierce Stance seal is surprisingly effective. 

This day was ok again. My wins are constant but I lose 1 unit most of the time. Need to make some adjustment..
I guess I will not make it to T21 for quite some time. The missing second Eir really hurts.

One thing I can do is giving Def tactics to L!Azura. Atk Tactics works against me because Athenas attack is too much with atk buff. And I also need to decide if I give one unit Light blessing which is effective against armored teams. Just in case. The rest should be covered up. 

Edited by Stroud

12 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I'm currently trying a team of bonus units (Eir, M!Marth+10, Camus, NY!Fjorm) to see who might be a good choice for next week. Vantage Camus with Fierce Stance seal is surprisingly effective. 

Brazen Atk/Res is better if you don't already have plans for it, but yeah he's so amazing with Vantage and the only major threat is if a unit like Ophelia has Hardy Bearing. Incidentally, my own Camus and MMarth have Wind Blessing, so I can run them with Legendary Lyn and Azura for a pretty potent Atk boost. One of my teams is a Camus cavalry team with Hrid and Gunnthra for good measure, as well, but so far this mixed team with Lyn at the helm has worked extremely well.

Unrelated, someone gave me a free Def win (which counted) as a way of saying they respect the unarmed Def map gift and I wish I could repay them.

2 hours ago, Johann said:

Unrelated, someone gave me a free Def win (which counted) as a way of saying they respect the unarmed Def map gift and I wish I could repay them.

Yeah, it's sad that the only people you can repay are ones you successfully attack; a few other players and I (from the same discord channel where we hang out) have colluded in that manner several times so far, with giving the other player a free win via a cute theme team in the Rematch option.

2 hours ago, Johann said:

Brazen Atk/Res is better if you don't already have plans for it, but yeah he's so amazing with Vantage and the only major threat is if a unit like Ophelia has Hardy Bearing. Incidentally, my own Camus and MMarth have Wind Blessing, so I can run them with Legendary Lyn and Azura for a pretty potent Atk boost. One of my teams is a Camus cavalry team with Hrid and Gunnthra for good measure, as well, but so far this mixed team with Lyn at the helm has worked extremely well.

Brazen gives one more ATK from fight 2-10, but zero on fight 1.

Wish I had Lyn for next week, sounds like a nice setup. Are you already tier 21, or are you going for a promotion next week? 

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Wish I had Lyn for next week, sounds like a nice setup. Are you already tier 21, or are you going for a promotion next week? 

It gives 1 more Atk during Vantage rounds, which is pretty important. (Non-Vantage rounds Camus should be doubling from his bonus stats + a bunch of buffs unless you just stink at positioning for some reason.)

That said, it's not like I use Brazen either. (Reinhardt and Camus fulfills the same role, and I think Stance is a bit better for Rein. Fully invested the two should be about the same, but I have Reinhardt +10 so it's pretty much Reinhardt all day every day.)

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

With Camus's crazy high HP this week though, he's usually ok to take a hit from most things, especially if there's an Ophelia without Hardy Bearing. I just don't have the coins to spare on Fierce Stance myself, and I prefer him having the +7 Atk on his turn just in case.

Shame Lyn's blessing won't work next week, I'll probably use my Fire legendaries with double Eirs instead. I'm 21 already, so I really won't have to think too hard about it until 3000 people get to T21 at least.

45 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

That said, it's not like I use Brazen either. (Reinhardt and Camus fulfills the same role, and I think Stance is a bit better for Rein. Fully invested the two should be about the same, but I have Reinhardt +10 so it's pretty much Reinhardt all day every day.)

Why should they be the same (on EP)? Camus gets bonus stats (but isn't merged in most cases) and most importantly hits DEF. 

43 minutes ago, Johann said:

With Camus's crazy high HP this week though, he's usually ok to take a hit from most things, especially if there's an Ophelia without Hardy Bearing.

Yeah, Hardy bearing and bulky greens are his bane.

44 minutes ago, Johann said:

Shame Lyn's blessing won't work next week, I'll probably use my Fire legendaries with double Eirs instead. I'm 21 already, so I really won't have to think too hard about it until 3000 people get to T21 at least

Nice, congrats! I'm not sure yet if I should try for tier 21 next week. Would need to bless a bonus unit. 

Oh, it's no Wind season? So she won't give extra score anyway. 

28 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Why should they be the same (on EP)? Camus gets bonus stats (but isn't merged in most cases) and most importantly hits DEF. 

BsFrPtU.png

They're not, strictly speaking, the same unit. But they're very comparable. (This was why I thought Reinhardt is the most broken unit in the game for a long time---he wasn't the best at anything, but he could do most things at the 2nd best level, which is retarded good. Power creep have finally advanced to the point where I don't think he's a 10/10 unit even if we get a horse dancer now, though.)

Edited by DehNutCase

5 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

BsFrPtU.png

They're not, strictly speaking, the same unit. But they're very comparable. (This was why I thought Reinhardt is the most broken unit game for a long time---he wasn't the best at anything, but he could do most things at the 2nd best level, which is retarded good. Power creep have finally advanced to the point where I don't think he's a 10/10 unit even if we get a horse dancer now, though.)

Blade is great, but wouldn't it be better to hit DEF? 

Just now, mampfoid said:

Blade is great, but wouldn't it be better to hit DEF? 

You need 24 more res than def for that to matter. And if you do have that much res, you're an armor, and I hit you with a Pain double savage blow healer before I send Reinhardt in.

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

You need 24 more res than def for that to matter. And if you do have that much res, you're an armor, and I hit you with a Pain double savage blow healer before I send Reinhardt in.

Then you got a very nice option here, but I won't start to merge and SI my Reinhardt like crazy now. ;-)

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Then you got a very nice option here, but I won't start to merge and SI my Reinhardt like crazy now. ;-)

Yeah it's just an option, I actually rate this set lower than regular dire thunder. (He's definitely not my first pick for my main team, for example---he costs way too many skill and team slots to function as a player phase unit, unless you pay unit-turns, which is also something player phase teams don't want to pay.)

Rather than my 1 team cover everything strategy I prefer (but which takes a ton of time to play properly), I'm just building a bunch of 'cheese' teams that auto-win certain lineups. CC Vantage hoses most mage lineups, and his synergy with Pain staffers means that he covers all armors as well.

Edited by DehNutCase

I think I'm already secured for my tier this week. T19 looks more solid than the tiers below, Surtr is still a thing, but now L!Azura is turning into the new annoyance of AR. Unfortunately I didn't found the perfect counter against those builds, and I think she's the reason why I dropped back to T17 in Arena as well.

Forgot to say in my last post, but both of my matches today had people running 3 infantry pulse users, one of them being Ophelia. That with Special Spiral Lilina. And of course, overlaping with another SS charged mage and Yukata Micaiah and Raven Inigo

37 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

So, today I lose 80 lift and only gained 40, which means that I’m more likely to drop to T19 than to stay in T20 :(

What changed from last week (apart from not having a light week)? 

I'm having a nearly relaxed week staying in tier 20 so far. Trying out many bonus units and getting 40-100 lift wins. 

Yeah T20 has a bunch of mage teams for some reason. They mostly only prey on low-budget people, though, since people with around the same amount of resources would just +10 a high res armor and stomp the mage team into oblivion. (Micaiah doesn't mean jack when you can hit 80 Res.)

Both my main team and my 'carry me Reinhardt' tends to have a good matchup vs. mage teams, though. Though, to be fair, I don't get to just Nailah my way through against them. (And worst comes to worst I can usually just sac one unit on my main team to secure the win.)

12 hours ago, Johann said:

Rematch them, beat them to a pulp.

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

What changed from last week (apart from not having a light week)? 

I'm having a nearly relaxed week staying in tier 20 so far. Trying out many bonus units and getting 40-100 lift wins. 

Nothing, I’m using the same team because I feel comfortable with it, but this week is being a nightmare