Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This mode reminds me what a bad decision it was to change my def+ athena to atk+ Athena. If I just had athena with Def+ I could just give her DC instead of Def Fortress on A. With def Fortress I have almost the same stats like DC Athena with Def+ and I could still use her with a galeforce build. Or I could remain with Fortress on A and she has a better chance to survive and to double mages. But she still works fine. 

I can relate to that this week is draining. Lack a bit of motivation and offensive without Light support is a bit more difficult for me. Deirdre and Athena are just more durable with +5 HP/Res. And Def wins just get more scarce. 

Looks like I won't be making it out of Tier 18 this week. How are all these players shredding my defense team and giving me the full defense loss? Tier 18 really is the worst place to be, constantly pummeled because you don't get a sixth member.

I'm switching it up, but I fear it's too little too late.

"Tier 18: Thermos". I'd like to empty a Thermos full of dye and glitter over each player that beats my defense team.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

Oh, I forgot this thread was here. I might have run into a bug. For some reason, my aether didn't restore completely today like it should have when I opened the game. It's supposed to fill back up at reset, right? This time it didn't, I only had half the max.

I think the amount required for a battle should be lowered though, that half was only enough for me to do one battle, which I lost. So I'm screwed for today. :/

6 hours ago, Raven said:

Rematch them, beat them to a pulp.

You can't rematch on a defense victory.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, I forgot this thread was here. I might have run into a bug. For some reason, my aether didn't restore completely today like it should have when I opened the game. It's supposed to fill back up at reset, right? This time it didn't, I only had half the max.

I think the amount required for a battle should be lowered though, that half was only enough for me to do one battle, which I lost. So I'm screwed for today. :/

Aether fills back to the maximum only at the beginning of the season. The amount of Aether that refills every day in the middle of the season is determined by the level of your Aether Fountain structure.

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Aether fills back to the maximum only at the beginning of the season. The amount of Aether that refills every day in the middle of the season is determined by the level of your Aether Fountain structure.

...What? Since when? I don't remember reading this at all when Aether Raids were new. This mode is shit then. Why even bother if I can rarely actually ever do a battle at all?

Edited by Anacybele

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...What? Since when? I don't remember reading this at all when Aether Raids were new. This mode is shit then. Why even bother if I can rarely actually ever do a battle at all?

It's been like this since the very beginning.

@Anacybele

If you upgrade the Aether Pots, you can store up to 200 Aether. This gets refilled at the start of the season, so the larger capacity means an extra run or two on the first day. As of the last update, you can also upgrade the Aether Fountain for a maximum refill of 70 Aether per day. The only way to get more than that is to break the other player's pots and fountains during a match. Right now, it's 96 Aether per match for me, and it only goes up from there. However, it's good to note that the grail rewards for the amount of work gets disproportionally bad in the higher tiers. Even if you don't care to reach the higher tiers, you can still get almost as many grails just by maintaining a middle level tier (which is pretty easy for now).

@Chrom-ulent

During light season, I highly recommend using Eir and putting some light blessings on four units that work well for you in the mode. I'm just using the one free Eir and four light blessed heroes and I reached Tier 19 with a decent safety margin last week. Light blessings won't help this week because it isn't light season though. I've stopped upgrading defensive structures and only upgrade offensive items. My current raiding party team is Eir, Bow Lyn, Reinhardt, Alfonse (with triangle adept refine for Surtr), and Leanne (who replaced flying Ninian). No expensive skill inheritance or super rare units (except for a flying singer, but you could probably use a non-flying one just fine). Lyn has a brave bow and Reinhardt uses the quickened pulse/moonbow combination - they do 90% of the work.

In Tier 19 most players don't seem to be playing seriously this week due to the lack of mythics/blessings for the current seasons. I did encounter one of my first easy three unit theme teams yesterday. The other teams are easier too even though they have six units. I'm guessing that the good players made it to Tier 20+ last week.

I decided awhile back that the mode is more fun if it's not taken seriously. I've had one unarmed unit for my defense team for awhile, so I calculate -80 loss per 20 hours as an automatic thing. I haven't gotten a pity surrender (which is perfectly fine with me as the point is to give free lift anyway). However, I did just "upgrade" my defense to my own theme team to retell parts of the stories. I hope players have fun with it and get a chance to relax. (Mine is an easy three unit team using weak weapons, easy access Aether pots, and a friendly map layout.) Currently, I am in a high enough tier that I can give guaranteed free lift to other players that can actually make use of it. (The lower tiers really don't benefit much from this.) Probably can't maintain this tier long-term unless I get lucky with defensive mythic blessings. I'm safe for this season though because I already have enough lift to stay in Tier 19 even with the automatic defense losses factored in.

I really hope they remove the daily play requirement at some point. I can't play when I want to, and also have to play even when I don't feel like it.

32 minutes ago, Tree said:

If you upgrade the Aether Pots, you can store up to 200 Aether. This gets refilled at the start of the season, so the larger capacity means an extra run or two on the first day. As of the last update, you can also upgrade the Aether Fountain for a maximum refill of 70 Aether per day. The only way to get more than that is to break the other player's pots and fountains during a match. Right now, it's 96 Aether per match for me, and it only goes up from there. However, it's good to note that the grail rewards for the amount of work gets disproportionally bad in the higher tiers. Even if you don't care to reach the higher tiers, you can still get almost as many grails just by maintaining a middle level tier (which is pretty easy for now).

I was only able to upgrade the fountain right now. I don't have enough stones to upgrade anything else.

@Anacybele The Aether Raids season begins and ends the same time as normal Arena (used to be one day earlier, but that was recently changed). Only during the reset will you get the aether fully replenished. Upgrading these buildings should be top priority so you can get more gameplay out of the mode per week. You probably know already, but destroying the enemy aether fountain and pot gives you some aether back. This adds up, especially when you consider that the first AR run every day costs no aether.

At the end of the day, AR is ultimately there for us to collect Heroic Grails for us to get more copies of TT and GHB reward units for merges or fodder. I still think it's worth participating in AR even if you have no ambitions to get more merges of these guys, because some do still have decent to good skills that are otherwise locked to 5* exclusives.

I have now concluded that Aerobatics is the most annoying skill in the game.

I've also now been matched against this one Iggy's map twice and lost both times because I forgot what the gimmick of his map was (it was Aerobatics bullshit). But now I really want to get matched against him again sometime this week just to test my new strategy. Oh well, it only cost me a ladder, so I'm fine.

I'm also considering making a map similar to his since I do have the pieces (two Legendary Azuras + some atypical bullshit units).

As for everything else, I got another partial defense loss today, meaning I was able to sack a unit on both of my offense runs to un-bullshit the maps without feeling too bad about doing so.

I'm not really sure how I'm getting kills on defense, though. It looks like people are just being sloppy.

1 hour ago, Raven said:

@Anacybele The Aether Raids season begins and ends the same time as normal Arena (used to be one day earlier, but that was recently changed). Only during the reset will you get the aether fully replenished. Upgrading these buildings should be top priority so you can get more gameplay out of the mode per week. You probably know already, but destroying the enemy aether fountain and pot gives you some aether back. This adds up, especially when you consider that the first AR run every day costs no aether.

At the end of the day, AR is ultimately there for us to collect Heroic Grails for us to get more copies of TT and GHB reward units for merges or fodder. I still think it's worth participating in AR even if you have no ambitions to get more merges of these guys, because some do still have decent to good skills that are otherwise locked to 5* exclusives.

Yes, I was just told all that here. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

As for everything else, I got another partial defense loss today, meaning I was able to sack a unit on both of my offense runs to un-bullshit the maps without feeling too bad about doing so.

I'm not really sure how I'm getting kills on defense, though. It looks like people are just being sloppy.

It's partly people not giving a shit---I'm considering just surrendering for the rest of the week, I'm pretty sure 9.8k is safe for T20---and partly because light blessings are really good at making things more forgiving. An extra 10 magical bulk makes a lot of teams fail the ORKO even if you mess up slightly.

1 hour ago, Sylphid said:

@Johann Thanks for the tip to do AR later you gave before! I've been doing that since then and after that first rough day in tier 19 it's been pretty easy, easier than tier 18 could sometimes be even.

Glad it's working! I think it's especially pronounced if your own Def team/map isn't getting good results, since you'll likely be matched with other people who are taking the -80 hits as your scores would be closer to each other. Meanwhile, the players with extremely challenging maps are usually a bit ahead in Lift since they're probably not taking that -80 hit.

Hmm, I'm misplaying quite a bit. (Actually lost another map today + lost a unit, meaning I'm out of escape ropes.)

Doesn't really matter, though, since 10.1k is kind of hilarious overkill for staying in T20, so I can just chill now that I got all the daily rewards.

Edit: Saw a very interesting Galeforce clear in my replays.

Olivia is running Infantry Rush, I'm assuming because of Guard effects. Fjorm uses Atk/Spd link. Rest of the skillsets should be pretty obvious. (Except maybe Navarre, who's running DB3 and Atk/Spd bond.)

Can't really copy it myself because of how many 5* exclusive unit + skills he uses, though.

Edited by DehNutCase

I'm still undecided which tank to bless with a light blessing, since it would be a good moment to promote to tier 21 next week. 

Perhaps I could bless Camus, give him Brazen ATK/DEF+Vantage+Brazen ATK/RES and Summoner support. 

Additionally I could make a GF team with a blessed Oscar or BH!Lucina. Or even BH!Roy.

5 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Edit: Saw a very interesting Galeforce clear in my replays.

Interesting approach with Infantry rush. Everybody uses Ephraim, I'm coming to regret having missed him. 

ATK/SPD link is Fjorms vanilla skill. 

I ran into a cheapass matchup today, wow. This team was boxed in by structures, which were then surrounded by trap tiles, including one that dealt damage to everyone. This should not be allowed imo. At least, people shouldn't be allowed to box in their team with structures. This just makes things so so so annoying. :/ I was able to win this battle, but not without a lot of trouble.

Edited by Anacybele

How well does Nailah work with her default kit in AR? Worried that she won't have enough durability to withstand more than one enemy even with Noontime. Mine's +Res/-Def so she'll have 37 Res with double Eirs, but it still feels insufficient.

2 hours ago, a bear said:

How well does Nailah work with her default kit in AR? Worried that she won't have enough durability to withstand more than one enemy even with Noontime. Mine's +Res/-Def so she'll have 37 Res with double Eirs, but it still feels insufficient.

Give her Distant Def seal, along with buffs from Azura she should be fine, especially in fights where you can use Aversa. Could S Support her too I guess.