Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

140+160+140-80 today. Sounds decent first, but I lost three (!) ladders today. 

Chances to reach tier 21 are getting slim. 

Almost like me. Used up my 3 ladders already and got 3 x 160 on offense and -60 on defense. I'll have to play perfectly on offense now so I don't screw up my chance for T21.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

As an additional note, the level 5 upgrade for Fortress (O) also requires a level 3 Fortress (D). I assume it's the same the other way around, too.

Yeah, I expected that the Level 5 Fortress (O) would probably require the extra 1,000 dew of the Level 3 Fortress (D). I never considered that it might be symmetrical though. I thought they were trying to limit offensive capabilities, but it's definitely possible that the defensive fortress also has a dependency on the offensive fortress.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I used up two ladders today, but that is okay. I am getting 160 Lift, so it should be pretty easy to get into Tier 20 now. Tier 21 could be a pain though.

Used two ladders too. I got 140 on the first two that counted, but lost a unit on the third for 120.

Edited by Tree

Started off using both of my ladders (I got a second one after last season), but ended up at +290 points this far. And right after I realized that if I continue using Maribelle in AR I should replace her water blessing with light, since I rarely if ever get use out of her current one anyways.

On 21.1.2019 at 12:52 AM, Johann said:

Here's the post with a write-up on how it works

Thanks for the tips, I built something inspired by your map in Spring Breeze with Veronica. It's still work-in-progress and I did rush it a bit, but at least the defense loss that counts was -60.

First defense match was a win, seemingly due to a misclick. My opponent used Smite to knock their NY!Azura right into the middle of my attack range and then forfeited.

Offense matches were two 120s and one 100, with one missed aether structure. Not exactly on pace for hitting Tier 21, although I'm doing well in the rankings.

-80 points from a defense loss, but +150, +170, and +150 points on offense (running teams worth 170, 170, and 150 points, respectively) and all Aether structures destroyed. That puts me at 9,790 Lift, which is rank 1,202 at the moment.

The third map I ran had a pretty fun-looking gimmick set up using two copies of Tibarn as the vanguard, the left one hoping to survive a round of combat with Sturdy Impact to activate Hit and Run and take enough damage for an Alm in the corner to Wings of Mercy in and finish the job and the right one with Lunge to pull a unit in to get mobbed by the first Tibarn, a Naesala, and Legendary Azura and Leanne to dance for extra moves.

Unfortunately, Legendary Tiki simply one-shots both Tibarns and hit Naesala with an Aether that fully healed her, leaving Myrrh to clean up Leanne and kill Alm with Aether on initiation.

The match ended with probably the most glorious Guidance chain ever (using all three armors) to get one Eir all the way across the map in one turn to take out the last Aether structure because there was no way I was going to get out of her attack range and if she initiated combat against anything, she would instantly die. I am content with today's exploits.

Even without bonus unit boosts, Fjorm is working really well again this week. Gave her S Support again and she's doing great. The huge Res boost is shutting down the Ophelias, and Lilina can barely do anything even with full buffs.

I like how my best move against a 4* +10 Nino threatening +6 all stats and 2 legendary azuras is just to send Nailah at her before she gets all the buffs up. (+30 was unwinnable, and there's no way to avoid the rally into Azura Dance into explode someone on my team, but Nailah kills her turn 1 because Nino only had 2 tactics buffs on her.)

If I had a bit more resources I could probably stack enough buffs on Nailah to push her into broken ORKO literally everyone range, but she's clearly on the high end of 8.5 already. (I'm not sure if she's worth 9.0, though, since she does have problems breaking pots herself even if she's very helpful in letting other people break pots, thanks to Glare buying a bunch of turns.)

Edit: This makes it 2 perfect days thanks to a nice guy giving me a free win. Pity I can't return the favor by completely de-militarizing my defense team---although it's still quite easy if you don't play like a giant pansy. Due to the way smite AI works my team dismantles itself if you place a tanky unit in the right spot. And I can't be assed to change it.

The last 800 lift looks so close, yet so far. (And I haven't been attacked yet so it's actually 880 lift.)

zLGkrDQ.png

Looks like T21 is 404 people, assuming nobody flat out took a day off yesterday.

Edited by DehNutCase

Well, today all ladder uses are gone and I got myself a loss. Often this mode's just plain frustrating. All of the lost games were against the awfully common Ophelia/L!Azura sheninigans. 

Guess the tier20 dream is dead again.

I shouldnt do AR when i just woke up -_-. It also doesnt help the fact that i forget to change skill sets back to AR mode after using Units in different mode. I am enjoying this mode less and less. Everything is convoluted and not easy to go/dive in. When i do AR i need to check first for10 min if all the units have the correct skills on etc. etc. etc. its starting to feel more then a hassle then enjoyement

Edited by Hilda

Day just started and already 2 def losses. I need to come up with something cheesy...but I guess I cannot do much with lv 2 fortress on def.
But I did my 2 revenge runs with 140 Lift... This week might me grow weak on the next mythic banner. xD Should have pulled for Second Eir on her best banner. If I am patient I will wait until a second light hero shows up. Might be even Deirdre if InSys is kind.

Edited by Stroud

This week keeps my thinking of upgrading my def fortress... Is it possible to get a win with a lv 2 def fortress against someone who has a lv 4 atk fortress?
This just makes me mad that even with a perfect offensive run I will not be able to reach T21 at this point =/.

With 2 attempts on raid I got another 240 points, the offensive threat was real on today ones. At least I only missed 1 pot, so I can launch 2 attacks tomorrow again. Score is currently on 8700, so it's still game.

As for defense, not so much luck. There's a unit that slaughtered my entire defense team alone, I put it in spoilers to spare people with heart conditions.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190123-125558_Fire_Emblem_H

I messed up my offense today because of a misclick. I wabted to surrender but i ended my turn somehow, causing BowHinoka to suicide. Sadly i had lost three units and didn’t get the pots. Not worth it. The other match was a 160. Luckily, i only got -20 today on defense, and it was late in the day, so so far My defense for 2.5 days has been -80 in total.

4 hours ago, Garlyle said:

As for defense, not so much luck. There's a unit that slaughtered my entire defense team alone, I put it in spoilers to spare people with heart conditions.

She did her best.

Her stats does not seem that crazy though, how did she kill everyone?

10 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

The last 800 lift looks so close, yet so far.

Wow, already halfway there after the second day. Looks like nothing can stop you, good performance so far, now just finish it!

To everyone else, also on their way to 21. Go keep at it guys, if I can do it so can you! I believe in you!

Ahahaha 2 complete success on Defense, this is such a feelsgood season. The sad thing is, I still have a chance of completely exploding and flubbing the rest of my season. Usually I get around my inconsistency issue by being so freakishly good that it doesn't even matter---if something needs 80 points to pass and my inconsistency range is 40 points then the idea is to get my average into 120 points---but I'm not at that point yet with my current teams.

Ugh, lost a unit + an escape rope today.

The escape rope loss was really stupid, too---all I had to do was be patient and break the box the enemy team was in, and Reinhardt would've solo'd the team. But because I tried to rush it Fjorm got danced into Reinhardt's range before he was ready for her. (I needed to clear up the board of all the reds Reinhardt Vantage kills first, so I can pain staff Fjorm safely.)

The unit loss was just me being lazy and not reading AI movements properly, though.

Edit: Assuming I don't get rematched I might not be attacked at all today, though. My defense win was still in effect just now, meaning I covered the attacks that hit me from the midnight rush. That said, the worst case scenario of 580 lift left is a bit too close for comfort for my tastes.

Edited by DehNutCase