Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

21 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I've been handing out surrenders and free defenses still this week. I've seen some other t21 people doing the same. I wonder if it'll make the jump from 20 easier for people as they get closer, since they'll have a chance at encountering more of these joke defense teams people on the top have out.

That's very nice of you. :):

I'm at 9360 right now. I use a friendly defense team, so I'll lose the guaranteed 80 lift tomorrow. Should have two tries to get a total of 120.  My max score is 140, so it seems possible (although I'm out of ladders).

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Tree said:

That's very nice of you. :):

I'm at 9360 right now. I use a friendly defense team, so I'll lose the guaranteed 80 lift tomorrow. Should have two tries to get a total of 120.  My max score is 140, so it seems possible (although I'm out of ladders).

Good luck! At least 1/4 of the people I've attacked or been attacked by have either had joke maps or surrendered to my team. Luckily the competition for rank isn't needed yet in tier 21 so a fair amount of people are just taking it easy. In my second match today I did a conga line with my Camilla team until the timer ran out of time on a map where the guy had 6 lvl 1 Myrrhs set out. The meta certainly takes a turn for the better once you make your way here.

So it turns out I could lose defense today, -60 points. Since I had a blunder day this week already I don't say that I got this, because I still need 60 points to defend a total defeat tomorrow. Technically I have only 1 run tomorrow, unless I break pots.

Wish you guys luck for the finish.

It Amazes me how people just can't deal with a Firesweep B!Lyn a couple dancers. Not Complaining though since it's saved me a handful of Lift. T20 seems like a lock this week as long as I don't choke but you can never know what's out there waiting for you

4 hours ago, Alkaid said:

I've been handing out surrenders and free defenses still this week. I've seen some other t21 people doing the same. I wonder if it'll make the jump from 20 easier for people as they get closer, since they'll have a chance at encountering more of these joke defense teams people on the top have out.

Most people will probably just re-match people with level 3 fort on offense (since that guarantees you can't have a level 4 fort on defense---not having the 300 stones from paying $75 is a little annoying here, since people with +10 teams can have a fort level on you), rather than roll the dice.

Mind, I was so far ahead the entire week that my random matchmaking is basically all cancer teams, so maybe people who were 100 or 200 lift behind me had it easier in the random teams department. (I did get a joke team, but that was day 2, before I pulled freakishly ahead.)

Ate a -60 on defense, then got two perfect matches just barely puts me at 11 002. By my calculations, I'm going to be 1 Aether short of a second match tomorrow, but it likely shouldn't matter, since all I have to do is get a crap victory on my free run (even four units dying will still give me exactly enough to offset a -80 defense). Worst comes to worst, I can do what other people have been doing to my defense and dumpster an Eir to kill the inevitable Lilina and let Surtr sweep the rest.

That B!Hector pity breaker's really been earning his keep. Set him up with the Omnibreaker set and that let him mash a Hana-Y!Azura-B!Lyn combo that was meant to murder Surtr (or at least get the B!Lyn behind and kill a support, since she had Pass 3).

1 hour ago, DehNutCase said:

Most people will probably just re-match people with level 3 fort on offense (since that guarantees you can't have a level 4 fort on defense---not having the 300 stones from paying $75 is a little annoying here, since people with +10 teams can have a fort level on you), rather than roll the dice.

Mind, I was so far ahead the entire week that my random matchmaking is basically all cancer teams, so maybe people who were 100 or 200 lift behind me had it easier in the random teams department. (I did get a joke team, but that was day 2, before I pulled freakishly ahead.)

I almost always roll the dice regardless. Rematching options usually aren't appealing when the majority of attackers I've gotten are whales and/or people with +10 Firesweep Lyn defense leads I know will just be a pain to deal with. It's mostly been better to take the chance on finding cancer than walking into it almost guaranteed. (and yeah, the majority of people high up seem to have bought that pack).

There really is a fair amount of joke teams, though, so people hitting that 1000 lift range of the low 11,000's may still manage to catch some breaks.

21 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I almost always roll the dice regardless. Rematching options usually aren't appealing when the majority of attackers I've gotten are whales and/or people with +10 Firesweep Lyn defense leads I know will just be a pain to deal with. It's mostly been better to take the chance on finding cancer than walking into it almost guaranteed. (and yeah, the majority of people high up seem to have bought that pack).

I'm the same way, though it's nice when people send the message that it's a free win by listing an unarmed or level 1 unit as their lead

3 hours ago, Johann said:

I'm the same way, though it's nice when people send the message that it's a free win by listing an unarmed or level 1 unit as their lead

How does this work? Is the lead shown not the same as the Friend unit (unit in first slot of first team)? If it is actually the first unit on the defense team itself, then I need to let people know that mine is a safe rematch.

Edited by Tree

4 minutes ago, Tree said:

How does this work? Is the lead shown not the same as the Friend unit (unit in first slot of first team)? If it is actually the first unit on the defense team itself, then I need to let people know that mine is a safe rematch.

The lead on the Defense Results is their lead like on Friend List, but I think it's locked to who that lead was when they attacked, as I've seen some people who've attacked me on the rankings with different leads. It seems some people just leave their lead like that on purpose when there aren't any events going on that would necessitate having a usable unit there.

8 minutes ago, Johann said:

The lead on the Defense Results is their lead like on Friend List, but I think it's locked to who that lead was when they attacked, as I've seen some people who've attacked me on the rankings with different leads. It seems some people just leave their lead like that on purpose when there aren't any events going on that would necessitate having a usable unit there.

That does mean I'd have to change it at least once a week for rival domains, etc. in case someone updated their friend units for brigades.

Just now, Tree said:

That does mean I'd have to change it at least once a week for rival domains, etc. in case someone updated their friend units for brigades.

Yeah, it's a bit of a hassle, I wouldn't really worry about it to be honest

1 minute ago, Johann said:

Yeah, it's a bit of a hassle, I wouldn't really worry about it to be honest

Yeah, people will just get a pleasant surprise. I put unarmed 4* Roy, unarmed 4* Lilina (infantry), 4* Cecilia (cavalry), and a 5* original Hector. I figure that most players can handle Hector alright and the Cecilia is easy to bait. Once the battle gets started, the unarmed Roy and Lilina run off to the left and angry Hector barges in from his corner on the right. It's rather fun to watch.

1 hour ago, Johann said:

I believe the lead is the lead of their defense team---the same unit that shows when you first preview a team when you click the 'find match' or whatever button. It's more important to just preview the map with the button, so you probably glossed over it, but I've ran into some people intentionally baiting with 4* units (4* +10 nino or a 4* dancer) while being backed by a serious team, probably hoping you'd just pick a team and go without previewing the map after seeing a 4* lead.

I'm not sure if they realize all that does is invite a butt load of people re-matching them, though.

Ended up spending a ladder yesterday due to a misclick (accidentally double-tapped the unit), but I think I still have at least 1 ladder left, so it really doesn't matter.

Sitting at 11,150 Lift right now and Rank 470. I finally have a real Defense team built (Ostia's Pulse cheese team), even if some parts of it are still a bit half-assed (Ophelia still doesn't have a C skill).

Edited by Ice Dragon

28 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sitting at 11,150 Lift right now and Rank 470. I finally have a real Defense team built (Ostia's Pulse cheese team), even if some parts of it are still a bit half-assed (Ophelia still doesn't have a C skill).

One of my Eirs has Guidance in the S-slot. The team is 4 fliers and 2 horses.

(It's such a gigantic hassle to unlock and change skillsets that I left my defense team that way for 2 weeks.)

My defense team is founded on the philosophy of only bothering to win against terrible, terrible players, though, so it's fine.

Immediately this morning,17 hours from the season’s end, I got hit by a -80,  which put me 160 away from T21.

I then got matched against 4 full +10 team in a row, killing my two remaining ladders and a loss. However, my second to last match was a full sweep, with no casualties. I think this is a fitting lift to end with:

No top 1K this week though. 

D8EAAECC-4C58-4798-9823-E021F9967B8E.png

Edited by Vicious Sal

Got to 9540 lift and with only one possible defense loss to go I'm guaranteed tier 20. My defense team is a free win for opponents so I always lose 80 (though one guy messed up and lost a unit, so I only lost 60). I even still have both my escape ladder uses, though I actually failed my very first fight this week and had forgotten to put the escape ladder back up so I couldn't get my aether back.

Luckily I made it or this 101 aether of 105 I need to do another run would really aggravate me, even more so since during one of my runs this week I completely forgot to break an aether pot even though it was completely safe to do so, and that would have gotten me one more run. Oh well, keeping tier 20 is all that really matters.

I was able to launch 2 attacks. But the first one already gave me 140 securing Tier 20 for me, so I only got 100 lift in my second carefree run.

I finished at 9,660 Lift, but keep in mind today's defense is not done yet. I'm very proud of my AR offense team - and if you guys want to see my offense or defense, I can show it to you (I don't have images uploaded yet).

Edited by Garlyle

Aether calculation was very slightly off, though in the wrong direction. Had 118 left with 120 to play another round. Didn't matter at all, though, since B!Hector rolled on through an Ophelia and Lilina pincer for a perfect run. Shout-outs to Surtr for still having more Res and being a Chill Res punching bag that let Hector live through the barrage. 11 084 is currently #854.

I have 2 runs today that I'll leave for later. Have not been attacked in the last 3 days and now I can only get -80 till the end of the season. 

Still at 10880, if I want to be safe, need to get 200 lift on offense on the 2 runs. 

I got into Tier 20 with 9,520 Lift and I already got my -80 loss already. Even if I get another -80 loss at the last minute, I should still be able to stay in Tier 20.

Yesterday I fucked up both the free run and the following run that used aether. I needed at least one win to keep chances to reach T21. Now I'm on 10,600 and can only earn a maximum of 320 today.

Fuck Lv3 def forts, fuck leg Azura, fuck leg Lucina, and fuck that Bold Fighter xmas Cecilia.

4 minutes ago, Raven said:

fuck leg Azura, fuck leg Lucina

Yeah, they can be a pain in the ass depending on your team's play style. I have been running Distant Counter Sharena this week, so VS!Azura and ranged nukes are pretty easy to deal with, but Surtr is a lot more difficult. When I was running my main team before with ranged nukes and Dancers/Singers, my main problems were the opposite with VS!Azura and GA!Lucina being super annoying and Surtr being relatively easy.