Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

27 minutes ago, DarkAlf said:

Congrats to everybody who promoted at least one tier this week!

I figured that this last season is the best shot I will ever get to make T21 with Eir being a bonus unit and with Legendary Azura lining up with water season.  I cannot remember being this determined or focused in FEH before.  I pulled out all the stops to try to make it, from a new defense map to making 5 teams to counter all possible threats, to inheriting SI from GHB/TT units for the first time ever, to spending tons of feathers for building Galeforce Peri and more.

The results: 11,100 lift and rank 1,189!  I still to this minute cannot believe I pulled it off! 

I felt I got very lucky with my match-ups and only had to use the ladder once; I upgraded to level 3 just in case, but it wasn't necessary.

@Vicious Sal Thank you for sharing how many folks are in T21!  I figured 1500-2000 before I saw your posts, so it's cool to get an exact number!

Now for some shout-outs:

@Johann Thank you so much for helping me with my defense map!  It turned out I didn't need it since I only lost 3 units total this week, so if I had eaten 7 -80s, I'd still have 11,020 lift, enough to make it anyway.  I ran into a bit of bad luck with defense match-ups, but it was still pretty effective!
@Maaka Thank you for convincing me to give DC to my Fae!  I was very apprehensive at first to inherit that skill onto her, but you convinced me, and it paid off big!

@Azuris Thank you for your advice and for cheering me on!  You certainly helped me make it to the top!

@Alkaid What can I say?  I cannot thank you enough for helping me out these last few weeks!  From convincing me to build Galeforce Peri, which saved my bacon on one of the battles, to other tips and pointers, you have meant the world to me here in AR!  I wish I could repay you somehow!

Congrattles Alf!! Good to have you in T21 with us! I just hope you don't run into my cancerous defense team anytime soon, though I guess it doesn't matter much since all of T21 will be top 3k for a while yet.

@Rinco Congrats on T21! I've been spying on you in my friends list all week hoping you made it. Glad you squeezed in!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, DarkAlf said:

I figured that this last season is the best shot I will ever get to make T21 with Eir being a bonus unit and with Legendary Azura lining up with water season.  I cannot remember being this determined or focused in FEH before.  I pulled out all the stops to try to make it, from a new defense map to making 5 teams to counter all possible threats, to inheriting SI from GHB/TT units for the first time ever, to spending tons of feathers for building Galeforce Peri and more.

The results: 11,100 lift and rank 1,189!  I still to this minute cannot believe I pulled it off! 

I felt I got very lucky with my match-ups and only had to use the ladder once; I upgraded to level 3 just in case, but it wasn't necessary.

@Vicious Sal Thank you for sharing how many folks are in T21!  I figured 1500-2000 before I saw your posts, so it's cool to get an exact number!

Now for some shout-outs:

@Johann Thank you so much for helping me with my defense map!  It turned out I didn't need it since I only lost 3 units total this week, so if I had eaten 7 -80s, I'd still have 11,020 lift, enough to make it anyway.  I ran into a bit of bad luck with defense match-ups, but it was still pretty effective!
@Maaka Thank you for convincing me to give DC to my Fae!  I was very apprehensive at first to inherit that skill onto her, but you convinced me, and it paid off big!

@Azuris Thank you for your advice and for cheering me on!  You certainly helped me make it to the top!

@Alkaid What can I say?  I cannot thank you enough for helping me out these last few weeks!  From convincing me to build Galeforce Peri, which saved my bacon on one of the battles, to other tips and pointers, you have meant the world to me here in AR!  I wish I could repay you somehow!

Congrats on making it to the comfy tier! Welcome to relaxation time! (for a few more weeks, anyway) And no need for thanks, since you're the one who still had to play out the battles, after all. You're still the the one who had to bring it together to make it happen.

5 hours ago, Stroud said:

Grats on making it to T21. It really is not an easy target.

I will make it later to T21, need to put more brain into my def team and adjust offensive. Maybe I start asking for advice. 

Thanks, Stroud!  I was absolutely heartbroken for you when I read you couldn't make it to T21.  I hope you can make it soon!

Thank you Landy, Alkaid and Maaka!  It sure takes a lot of skill to make it to the top, although a little luck doesn't hurt.  If I run into your team, Maaka, I'll likely surrender immediately!  Now to think of a themed defense map...

I somehow made it into Tier 19 by a hair's breadth (8200 Lift). Even though I screwed up multiple times this season.. I expect to be pummeled out of it soon, but I hope to upgrade my teams first.

Ah yes, the mythical promised land of +10 whale teams every single match. (Also known as 'I need a better schedule so I'm not doing my matches while wanting to sleep the whole time.') Can't say I like it.

Made the classic mistake of trying to make a dancer attack into a TA-3 unit since I wanted to just let Nailah solo Surtr, M!Grima, and Axe!Azura, with Corrin taking care of the WoM jerks. (Yeah that shit didn't work out even with her bonus stats, considering she's +1 and they're +10, and the fort levels were even.)

Should've just used Reinhardt. Would've been trickey, but the only Hardy Bearing user was TA-3 Lilina (i.e. she ain't gonna do jack to Vantage Rein), so if I thought through the map it was a Vantage wipe. Problem is that it takes time to think.

Edit: Thinking about it a bit more, I could've also just ran my armor emblem and had Myrrh solo everyone. I just didn't think of it because I really dislike how slow the team plays.

Edited by DehNutCase

Feels good to be in the T20, I didn't even do my Aether runs in the morning today. I'll catch up tonight, and start calculating my chances for T21 for the next week, but I'll also keep my expectations low. From the things I heard from you guys about T20, it'll be a tough to reach unless I upgrade my 140 raid party or seal my defense.

@Maaka thanks! I was really scared for a moment close to the end of the season, but it worked out!

Now that we know the next Mythic, can someone post how his blessing work on AR again? That formula for lift loss reduction. I'll probably try to get 2 of him and I want to know how merges/multiples affect the lift loss

Had a defense loss kick me back to T18, and needed to win matches to get back in. Second match was a double dancer team of six - unwinnable with a level 2 offense fortress, and I used my first rope. Third match was an easy wipe for me - a team of four and a level 2 defensive fortress. I guess that player is packing a maxed-out offense instead? Awaiting my -80 "rematch by foe" from this guy.

After that, I unlocked my sixth member and defensive fortress upgrade.

Said defense loss was from the opponent parking Hrid to wipe out my L!Lyn on my turn. I now have a L'Arachel providing Res/Def Tactic and ready to pick off a DC sword foe.

As for the bonus units this season, it seems a New Mystery fan was in charge at IS this week.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

Congratulations to everyone, who reached a new tier! Good job, great performance and now enjoy your rewards.

Especially to everyone who made tier 21 and finished climbing for now. Enjoy a hopefully more relaxing time now.

13 hours ago, DarkAlf said:

Oh, I guess I should reply here as well. Congratulations to tier 21 and good to see all the planning you did paid off.

I'm happy to see you reach your goal and even if you cannot believe it, I totally can.

@Rinco

On 15.1.2019 at 1:39 PM, Johann said:

The formulas work like this:

• Light/Astra: (#ofActiveMythicHeroes * #ofActiveBlessedHeroes * 10) + #ofMergesOnActiveMythicHeroes
  • Dark/Anima: (#ofActiveMythicHeroes[max of 2]  * #ofActiveBlessedHeroes * 4) + #ofMergesOnActiveMythicHeroes

So, 2 Dumas makes a maximum of 48 lift loss per battle, considering bonus unit blessed and +0 Dumas. While it's hard to get a decent def comp with 2 Dumas and 4 more heroes, it should make it easier on the lift even if you lose all your battles. Since he is armored, it's still possible to stack goads with him and try to cheese that way, though it doesn't worked all that well for me when I tried with other armors. Also considering that now I'm on T21 and just need to keep my lift above 11000, double Duma should make it easier.

I'll try to get 2 copies of Duma on tomorrow's banner and work my def around him some way. Hope I don't spend all my orbs for it.

Inwas thinking the along those lines as well, although even 1 duma should help a lot already. In Light season you can just outscale the lift loss easily, in anima week it gives a bit more breathing room. That said, i got a defense rematch vs a 3 star no weapon team and my first actual match was a firesweep lunge train consisting of 6 Rodericks.

So currently rank 63, with 11180 lift, not all that scared about demotion.

So, with a defensive blessing coming up, I'll have to make a core defense team around it. 

I like to have Aversa on both my offense and defense teams since her weapon can screw up a lot of stuff and help at least with the first round of combat. 
To have her on my offense team, I need her with Light Blessing. But I would need to change her blessing if I want her effectively on my def team. 

My guess is that I'd best leave her for offense, when I can control her and the AI gets the enemy units as it's easier to get her weapon to work. On defense, the attacker being in control of his units and the high number of dancers can lower her effectiveness. 

So far, I think the best dancer I have for defense is Flying Olivia. With Guidance and her weapon, there are a lot of tricks that can be setup. I'll try for L!Azura when she comes back, but for now I think my first blessing is going to Olivia.
Second unit I can lock on my def is Lilina. She even benefits a lot from the atk bonus Duma will give her. 
I think my third unit will be Nino as a counter to blue units. 

4 hours ago, Rinco said:

So, 2 Dumas makes a maximum of 48 lift loss per battle, considering bonus unit blessed and +0 Dumas. While it's hard to get a decent def comp with 2 Dumas and 4 more heroes, it should make it easier on the lift even if you lose all your battles. Since he is armored, it's still possible to stack goads with him and try to cheese that way, though it doesn't worked all that well for me when I tried with other armors. Also considering that now I'm on T21 and just need to keep my lift above 11000, double Duma should make it easier.

I'll try to get 2 copies of Duma on tomorrow's banner and work my def around him some way. Hope I don't spend all my orbs for it.

If I had any Dumas, I'd leave them unarmed with a group of Blessed/Legendary heroes. Even having 1 Duma with 5 active blessings saves 20 Lift per Def failure, which is respectable even with a potent Def team.

17 minutes ago, Johann said:

If I had any Dumas, I'd leave them unarmed with a group of Blessed/Legendary heroes. Even having 1 Duma with 5 active blessings saves 20 Lift per Def failure, which is respectable even with a potent Def team.

That's a nice idea. Losing less lift on defense helps to stay safe on T21 and also helps other ppl to stay by not having a busted map that can f*** ppl up. 
If I get 2 Dumas, I'll be a good guy then

Something I noticed today, I finally surpassed @Maaka today. =p 

It had absolutely nothing to do with getting lucky on defense or anything! ;)

Although it is fun to see myself at the too of my friend list, even though it’s just because the season has just begun. It just felt like this confirmation that my time and effort in this game(mode) paid off. 

Well, I'm off to a great start.  I have the misfortune of being paired with a super whale with the usual Ophelia + L!Azura BS, and lose quite spectacularly.  I have two Escape Rope uses left, so not a problem right?  Turns out I forgot to put it back on my keep after using it up last season. X_x

That feel when you just walk Winter Fae into enemy range without doing the math and she takes a Draconic Aura from Lilina, Moonbow from Legendary Lucina, Moonbow from Ishtar, and whatever from female Corrin and kills all of them by the end of turn 1.

With equal Fortress levels because I'm a derp and forgot to put up my offensive bonus structure.

Fae is the best.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Ran into a team of 6 Azamas, all +10, Miracle, Infantry Pulse, Pain Pain Pain Witchy Wand Fear Gravity, Fortress Def/Res, Restore+ x6. Good thing they all had such crap attack that I could send in literally anyone to murder them without fear of getting killed or timing out.

I'm honestly a little curious about the thought process behind 6 Azama. Like, did the people building stuff like that actually lose against armor emblem? Because the team is strictly worse than an ward stacking armor emblem.

(Staves look like they'd have sustain because staves, but what actually happens is that you just bring in the exact same team you'd use against armor emblem and crush even harder than you would crush armor emblem because Azama can't kill shit, whereas armors can at least theoretically threaten a unit.)

I pulled a Duma on my second orb and I just threw hm and all my Earth/Water legendary heroes on my defense. No skill setups, no gimmicks. Just a team of current blessings. It reduces my max lift loss to -60, which is great! The chance of getting attacked by a whale in T21 is not unlikely, and my Defense team required Aversa to be on the offensive team. Since it's not Light season, she's not all that common this week, so the entire setup falls apart.

15 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Something I noticed today, I finally surpassed @Maaka today. =p 

It had absolutely nothing to do with getting lucky on defense or anything! ;)

Although it is fun to see myself at the too of my friend list, even though it’s just because the season has just begun. It just felt like this confirmation that my time and effort in this game(mode) paid off. 

Haha congrats! Forgot you were Falco (Guess I shouldn't ignore the signatures, though they don't show up in mobile), congrats on making T21! Hope you enjoy it up here! It's nice seeing more of my friends in the top ranks.

5 hours ago, Garlyle said:

Wow, today defenses were devastating. T20 is no joke I can tell you that.

Yeah T20 defense is starting to get difficult. In my opinion it is also the threshold you cannot simply ignore your defense anymore. On Light Season you will be short on Lift with perfect offensive and 140 Lift.

Have yet to meet one of these mythical joke teams. Have been considering changing mine to one if I happen to run into one, though it hasn't happened yet. Granted, on the extremely unlikely chance of a Duma dropping into my lap, I'll probably just shove him and a bunch of legendaries in there and call it a day. It'd still end up being a joke, but not an amusing theme team.

5 hours ago, Stroud said:

In my opinion it is also the threshold you cannot simply ignore your defense anymore.

Yeah, without a defense team, I'll be stuck at Tier 20 for awhile.

2 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Have yet to meet one of these mythical joke teams. Have been considering changing mine to one if I happen to run into one, though it hasn't happened yet. Granted, on the extremely unlikely chance of a Duma dropping into my lap, I'll probably just shove him and a bunch of legendaries in there and call it a day. It'd still end up being a joke, but not an amusing theme team.

I've run into two this season. I also have one of these easy defense teams, but that shouldn't matter for matching.