Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

Looks like Tier 21 will have to wait two more weeks.  With no defense loss (which is a stretch anyway), two more rounds would put me at 11K lift exactly.  However, assuming I get both pots in the first match, I will be 5 Aether off from playing a second match tomorrow...

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Stroud said:

This is just a horrible joke. Can there be just one day I wake up and do not see a def loss?
I have 10720 Lift now, 2 battles to go. Which means tomorrow I have to get a defensive win. Ninja mode is out of question. So I will be short by 80-20 Lift tomorrow. I do not expect getting a def win. Can I trade 3 of my ladders for 1 additional round? xD Damn T_T. Such a tease. Want compensation Aether for this shortened week.

Defensive Ladders! Negates aether loss from one defense loss per week! Probably would have a slower upgrade progression than the offensive ladders. Ah, aren't dreams nice?

8 minutes ago, Usana said:

Defensive Ladders! Negates aether loss from one defense loss per week! Probably would have a slower upgrade progression than the offensive ladders. Ah, aren't dreams nice?

A big dream this is. xD I mean at least 1 defense ladder would be nice to have. I get why 2-3 would be too much.
I guess if I am finally in T21 I will complain less. 

Or they could make them like this, they are destructible. (2 indestructible objects are bad anyway). And it depends on the offensive player if he destroys it or not. 

5 hours ago, Stroud said:

A big dream this is. xD I mean at least 1 defense ladder would be nice to have. I get why 2-3 would be too much.
I guess if I am finally in T21 I will complain less. 

Or they could make them like this, they are destructible. (2 indestructible objects are bad anyway). And it depends on the offensive player if he destroys it or not. 

I completely forgot that it would have to be placed on the map. If it was indestructible I would probably make it a 'hole' that can be passed by flyers rather than a wall like object. So it would basically be like a 1 tile water or lava object.

I am kinda glad I gave up climbing regularly some time ago. As such the shortened week isn't affecting my climb ability with Nailah and Loki this season. But for those of you affected, you have my condolences on missing the climb.

16 minutes ago, Usana said:

I completely forgot that it would have to be placed on the map. If it was indestructible I would probably make it a 'hole' that can be passed by flyers rather than a wall like object. So it would basically be like a 1 tile water or lava object.

I am kinda glad I gave up climbing regularly some time ago. As such the shortened week isn't affecting my climb ability with Nailah and Loki this season. But for those of you affected, you have my condolences on missing the climb.

The problem with 2 "indestructible" objects is that you can create map layouts with them on which the upper right or left corner is unreachable. This still applies to some map layouts which have holes on the 3rd right or left most tile from up. So unless a player would have a flier they could not reach the upper corners.

Being forced to play a flier to complete the map would be bad. Indestructible unpassable objects are even worse. In that you could make a map which has an total unreachable place.
The only thing that they could do is blocking the player from doing so. Like a placement restriction for certain Tiles.

Thanks, yeah. If feel a bit salty about this week. But its just a matter of time to me. And thanks to the update offensive feels better. Only downside will be the new bonus units starting next week. My Fjorm can only cower in fear those 2 weeks. I want her to have the "don't hurt me" C skill. (A.I. ignores the unit if they can attack another unit). 

I also should have been a bit more relaxed about climbing. I mean its not bad in T20 for now. At least for me and in 1 week I can upgrade my offensive fortress. Which makes a bit up for bonus units.

39 minutes ago, Maaka said:

If you have enough aether right now, it's all ready for you!

I'll have the aether only after the daily reset. I'll be playing in 9 hours from now (when I wake up after the reset). Is it a good time for you? Otherwise, between 9h from now and the end of the season, when it's good for you, just tag me here and I'll be able to go

Thanks a lot, Maaka! 

17 minutes ago, Rinco said:

I'll have the aether only after the daily reset. I'll be playing in 9 hours from now (when I wake up after the reset). Is it a good time for you? Otherwise, between 9h from now and the end of the season, when it's good for you, just tag me here and I'll be able to go

Thanks a lot, Maaka! 

Yea, I'll just leave my level 1 Kana in there for the rest of the season. I can't reach the next tier anyway and I'm in the top 1k regardless, so it doesn't matter what I get for my next defense loss.

3 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

IT HAPPENED.
A TEAM OF ALL DUMA.
AETHER RAIDS CAN GO DIE.

This mode is literally nothing but bullcrap. But I have absolutely no way to get grails so I have to keep doing this disgusting mode for the grails for Black Knight and Joshua.

I wish all of my matches could just be all Duma. That would make my life so much easier.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I wish all of my matches could just be all Duma. That would make my life so much easier.

It does cost you half a team-slot to deal with, though. I happen to already have a team that crushes that, and I'd guess most people already do---most comps that kills armor spam should kill Duma spam as well---but targeting people with resource issues or sloppy team-building is one of the few viable ways to build defense teams.

...It says something that all viable ways to build defense teams rely on the opponent being bad in some way or another.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not in the mood for smartassery right now.

I was only slightly joking, though.

If you have resource issues it's very possible that you hit team-slot issues because your teams can't quite be different enough to cover all possible cheese line-ups. I don't have that issue---at least, I don't think I do---so it's not a very hard resource check, but people who were less focused on min-maxing might have more problems than I do.

Are these 5 day seasons going to be the regular? I have 300 less lift than the last time I went up a tier despite having pretty similar performance. Looks like I'll never get to T21 and above. I would need pretty much perfect play and only a single full defense loss to go up. I can't even fully bless my teams because they're already blessed to be used with legendary units. 140 lift teams aren't enough to get ahead.

Just now, NekoKnight said:

Are these 5 day seasons going to be the regular? I have 300 less lift than the last time I went up a tier despite having pretty similar performance. Looks like I'll never get to T21 and above. I would need pretty much perfect play and only a single full defense loss to go up. I can't even fully bless my teams because they're already blessed to be used with legendary units. 140 lift teams aren't enough to get ahead.

No it was just because the update didn't happen on Monday/Tuesday, so they changed the start/end dates for a pair of seasons so that we didn't change patches in the middle of a season.

The next light season should be a normal 7 days barring some unexpected crap.

Just now, DehNutCase said:

No it was just because the update didn't happen on Monday/Tuesday, so they changed the start/end dates for a pair of seasons so that we didn't change patches in the middle of a season.

The next light season should be a normal 7 days barring some unexpected crap.

I see. I probably wouldn't get the 600 lift I need to advance but I would have been closer at least. Time to request they let us stack mythic and legendary blessings.

10920 Lift, just the outcome as expected. xD Oh well. In 2 weeks I get my run. I also will upgrade offensive fortress to 4 then. 

Can't believe I didn't need any ladder and I played the same team through the whole week. 
If my performance on offensive had been perfekt I would just have ended up with 10980 Lift.

And I also gladly take any Duma team, my Deirdre can handle almost any Dragon.  

Edited by Stroud