Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

Shit, I forgot to do the "play once a day" rewards. Was so excited about not having to play every day and forgot this is the season where you do have to do it anyway. Guess I'll be missing out on 30 aether stones and a blessing, bleh.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Javi Blizz@Stroud Sorry neither of you made T21 - the short season is a killer...

I end this short season on 12,360 lift for T24, rank 649.  It feels good to make top 1000!  Too bad it might not happen very often for me after that...

I'm going to miss Eir as a bonus unit.  I wonder how I'm going to make Fjorm+4 work...

24 minutes ago, DarkAlf said:

I wonder how I'm going to make Fjorm+4 work...

Fjorm is one of the best AR offense units and giving her whatever support she needs will open up a lot of possibilities. Standard kit + QR seal, Reposition, and some Ploy or Atk Smoke in C is enough to handle a majority of common threats, and the next Light season will also be Water season, so she'll be a monster if you have 2 Eirs, and more so if you have Legendary Azura. I'd recommend tossing her a few Dragonflowers if you can spare them, and give her S Support for the next 2 weeks.

Finished the season with exactly 11,000, so I finally made it to T21. There are now about 2000 people that will be starting in T21. Now that I made it, I think I want to change my defense team from The Royal Altean Wedding to the Super Friends. I've got Batman (Gerome), Wonder Woman (Athena), Supes (Tibarn) and the Wonder Twins (A!Corrins), but I'm missing Duma , so I can't go for the "meanwhile... at the Legion of Doom-A" jokes. I could replace him with Garon, but it is just not the same. Anyways, congrats to anyone else who jumped a tier in this short season!

Edited by Ressueah

R.I.P. All my escape ropes.

Too lazy to do anything except toss Nailah at the problem and hope it works out, which cost me 4 losses (LUL).

Edit: Also the tier display is either bugged or it displays the highest you've reached, since it said I was fighting Tier 24 and 23 people, which is obviously wrong.

Edited by DehNutCase

I really messed up today in AR, hoping to get enough score if my defense fails. Already used up my Escape Ladder, and I barely made 200 points all day.:>_<:

I think AR is getting to me badly. It's getting difficult for me to find the openings, I'm losing units, and my team is failing to take on the meta. Maybe soon enough I'll drop from T20 as well.

But not without a fight. I can't give up this hard earned T20 so easily.

Finally, the game decided to give me something I wanted/can use with the few orbs I had, a Takumi. I can think about building the oh so popular CC-Vantage-Bladetome-unit, though I'm not sure who to pick for it. Nino and Tharja are already blessed with another element and I kinda want to keep them there. Reinhardt is blessed, but not bound to a team, so I could make him light-blessed, however, with his lack of speed, I fear he might miss out on kills during initiation and consequently die on retaliation. It should be a mergeable unit, I think, at least a project to keep in mind for the future and to improve on, but who. I only have one CC to spare, can't waste it.

Then there is the problem of the two occupied team slots of double-Eir during Light seasons. Without a dancer (Eir, Eir, Seth support for 6/6/6/6 stats, CC-unit, bonus), I fear the CC-Vantage unit might not be able to do enough splash damage with only one hit of a double savage blow in order to kill the damaged enemies in one hit when they attack on the enemy phase. Or maybe... I put all four tactic skills on both Eirs? I actually could.... but it's quite the commitment and would screw around with my tanky approach where both Eirs need to support my Myrrh with Ward Fliers. I could probably use Leanne as my dancer for increased reach, if I decide to go the Tactics route. Arrgh... this mode is so annoying.

@Garlyle Dropping from a Tier seems kinda hard. You reached T20, so you can't be totally screwed regarding your resources, skill and options. Maybe you'll also pull some lucky defense mythic heroes to make it even harder? :B

Wow, so they really do not switch back to Eir next week, my little hope faded away. 

Ok, now its time to bring out the ultimate fighter. Tobin will bring fear to AR starting this week. I give him a nice build and we will see. I make another team with Fjorm if I only see my chances. InSys will regret making Tobin a bonus unit. I show what a Tobin he is!

Edit: Tobin rampage just started, as I suspected he is not too bad if he gets a bonus. +10 Tobin would be outrageous. But I would only consider it if our Greil income increases drastically. I can only say, its ok to consider using Tobin instead of Fjorm. At least I can talk for T20. His high HP (61 with Bonus) also prevents him from getting debuffed by Aversa. He also has Armorbreaker, which is nice anyway. And I have more confidence in him. My experience is that DC is not always good against a Team with dance, only if you are confident that your unit can take on the barrage.  

I really wish I would had more foresight with Tobin. Sending his 4* away was a big mistake. xD

Edited by Stroud

2 hours ago, Stroud said:

My experience is that DC is not always good against a Team with dance, only if you are confident that your unit can take on the barrage.  

Yeah. I am just waiting for Sharena to come back as a Bonus unit so I can climb to Tier 21. I gave her Distant Counter along with M!Corrin Ally Support so she can handle pretty much any non green units while disabling buffs.

52 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yeah. I am just waiting for Sharena to come back as a Bonus unit so I can climb to Tier 21. I gave her Distant Counter along with M!Corrin Ally Support so she can handle pretty much any non green units while disabling buffs.

Maybe I should consider giving Sharena a chance. Since I use Deirdre often I really like Dull All, its just so nice on offensive against buffed units. I also like Seal Attack on B since it protected me more often and I can approach danced units more easily. 

This is how my Tobin looks with fortress advantage and L!Azura buff btw:

Spoiler

BkswDsm.jpg?1

He goes with Armorslayer+, Smite and Moonbow. I now some skill decisions may make some people cringe, but trust me. I am extremely short on fodder (punishment for merging green units). Maybe its just me, but as a Bonus units he starts to shine. His balanced stats make such a nice use of it. He is an underdog. But only for Bonus seasons. 

Edited by Stroud

8 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Edit: Also the tier display is either bugged or it displays the highest you've reached, since it said I was fighting Tier 24 and 23 people, which is obviously wrong.

Chances are that a player's tier isn't updated until the player runs a map (any map) after the start of the new season, just like how your friend list representative doesn't get updated until you run a map and sync things to the servers.

With the W!Fae and Surtr meta as is, I think Tobin was always going to be a solid pick here. I know I've gotten tons of mileage out of him in AA's Armour Land. I don't think merges are particularly necessary for him, though.

Y'know, I keep forgetting about Sharena's Dull All. I've been debating building building V!Eliwood or Deidre to that purpose, but Eliwood's weapon only works on ranged and Deidre's Def is dismal. Maybe it's time to look at favouring Sharena again (though the lack of being able to merge has always been a major pain point with her for me).

Yeah, I think he will finds his use for me on AA now after I took my time and fixed him a bit. As long as he can beat the likes of green armors he can do his job. He can also take on damage from Sinmara for one time. 

Deirdre actually does pretty good for me, but I use her only against bow units if I know that she will get hit only 1 time and can survive the following mages. But unmerged her Def is dismal yeah, even fully merged it's average and can hit 30-40 with Distant def seal, buffs etc. And I am still uncertain which choice is the best for her A slot. Fury is nice, because she gets more Res and the secondary effect of Divine Naga has a bigger chance to trigger. But I do not like her getting after combat damage if I use her to block mages. Res/Def Fortress is a good choice, but its scarce and she loses some speed, which she needs it may also cost her the chance to beat some dragons on player phase. 

If we could merge the askr Trio we certainly would see them more often. I underestimated Sharena's refine. Dull really helps and you do not need to care about blade effect.  

To my surprise, I'm getting matched up with a T20 person despite being T21. Even better, it's a weaponless map, so I guess there are still people in T20 who aren't worrying about Defense this week.

On 2/11/2019 at 5:22 PM, Johann said:

Fjorm is one of the best AR offense units and giving her whatever support she needs will open up a lot of possibilities. Standard kit + QR seal, Reposition, and some Ploy or Atk Smoke in C is enough to handle a majority of common threats, and the next Light season will also be Water season, so she'll be a monster if you have 2 Eirs, and more so if you have Legendary Azura. I'd recommend tossing her a few Dragonflowers if you can spare them, and give her S Support for the next 2 weeks.

I guess I underestimated Fjorm's worth then!  I just checked, and my +4 +Atk Fjorm would have the following stats with double Eirs and bonus stats: 61/55/36/36/49.  My offensive fort is level 4, so I should practically always have an additional +4 (or even +8), so that's 61/59/40/40/53.  Add +6 full buffs from L!Azura, and she's at 61/65/46/46/59.  This doesn't even include any kind of support or dragonflowers.  Wow - that's stunning to me.  Thanks for the tips!

11 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Chances are that a player's tier isn't updated until the player runs a map (any map) after the start of the new season, just like how your friend list representative doesn't get updated until you run a map and sync things to the servers.

Mind, I have vague recollections of the patch notes saying that T21+ displays highest tier reached, but I don't give enough shits to go double check.

39 minutes ago, DarkAlf said:

I guess I underestimated Fjorm's worth then!  I just checked, and my +4 +Atk Fjorm would have the following stats with double Eirs and bonus stats: 61/55/36/36/49.  My offensive fort is level 4, so I should practically always have an additional +4 (or even +8), so that's 61/59/40/40/53.  Add +6 full buffs from L!Azura, and she's at 61/65/46/46/59.  This doesn't even include any kind of support or dragonflowers.  Wow - that's stunning to me.  Thanks for the tips!

The only thing that would realistically give her trouble are things with incredible offensive power (like certain armors with Bold Fighter or Cherche), or something like the ever present Brave Lyn with Firesweep and Poison Strike x2 (unless you have Nailahs to spare I guess). You can look at units like Brave Veronica as a sort of blessing in disguise since Fjorm's Res is so good that she can't be killed.

I personally have allocated nearly all my Dragonflowers for Fjorm, Legendary Robin, and Hrid, because they've been consistently the greatest units for AR due to having DC, tremendous bulk, variable Mythic blessing boosts, and good enough offense that they can kill nearly anything they counter. When brought alongside Eir, you can usually send one of them in to kill off the most threatening enemy and tank the rest, and then recover a large amount of HP in the following turn. I honestly think those 3 in particular are the best of the best for AR offense.

I have completely abandoned this game for a while, and I came back to being tier 11. It's kind of a strange place. I have had troubles raiding maps that had Sutr before, but now the tables are turned. People are raiding my map with Sutr in a team of 5 and they can't even beat my AI team. I haven't even unlocked additional slots yet, and am still just using 4 members for both raid and defense.

I've been playing this mode for a few weeks now since I got back into Heroes and I've got a few questions:

1. Is there some way to refill my aether in the same way you can use Dueling Crests for the arena?

2. When someone defeats you, you can fight them again, is there a point to that? Do I regain more aether the next day or does it not matter?

3. For that matter how do you now how much aether you get back every day? 

4 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

1. Is there some way to refill my aether in the same way you can use Dueling Crests for the arena?

2. When someone defeats you, you can fight them again, is there a point to that? Do I regain more aether the next day or does it not matter?

3. For that matter how do you now how much aether you get back every day? 

1. The only way to refill your Aether is to wait for the daily regen from your Aether Fountain. You can increase the amount of Aether regenerated by upgrading the Fountain.
  2. If you watch the replay, you can check the level of their offense Fortress and the number of merges on their units, which lets you guess the level of their defense Fortress and the number of merges on their defense team. The opponent also does not have the option of rematching your rematch, which can help reduce the chance that your defense team is challenged.
  3. Check your Aether Fountain structure's description.