Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

26 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

There'd be no real point in doing that because there'd still be only four combinations (compared to twelve for Legendary elements), so they'll still end up with a fairly repetitive order.

You'll either have Dark and Anima trading off weeks

• Light-Dark
  • Light-Anima
  • Astra-Dark
  • Astra-Anima

or Light and Astra trading off weeks

• Light-Dark
  • Astra-Dark
  • Light-Anima
  • Astra-Anima

or both sets running two weeks at a time, but staggered,

• Light-Dark
  • Light-Anima
  • Astra-Anima
  • Astra-Dark

and all other possible orders are identical to one of the above three with a phase shift (starting from a different point in the same order) and/or with the order reversed.

EDIT: Anything based off of the first two is pretty much never going to happen because it's asymmetric. One of the pairs switches weekly whereas the other pair switches every other week, meaning the only possible options are what we currently have (Light always paired with Dark) or the third set above.

Furthermore, there's a problem with getting the same element two weeks in a row, which is that new releases that are unfortunately timed would either be useless for possibly two full weeks or would require the schedule to be changed to match the new release.

And having to manually set the schedule has the one drawback (from IS's side) that you'd need to hard-code the schedule somewhere on the game client, making it more predictable what is going to be released in a particular month.

It would still be better than what we have now, since you'd get a chance to match your mythic heroes on given weeks, since not everybody is going to have all of them.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It would still be better than what we have now, since you'd get a chance to match your mythic heroes on given weeks, since not everybody is going to have all of them.

Considering it mostly only matters for the jump from Tier 20 to Tier 21, it doesn't seem like all that big of a deal, especially with how little Lift reduction prevention actually does compared to the Lift boost.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Well, I thought I'd be able to skip another entire day's worth of defense matches, but I got a -80 defense loss just now, so I guess there'll be like a 20-minute window right before the season ends where I might end up losing more lift? That's unlikely, but annoying that I'll have to worry about it if it comes down to an 80-lift margin.

Hopefully that won't be an issue, though. I'm at 10,520 lift right now, and I've got five matches left as long as I get 6 of the 8 aether structures from the first four. So even if I do get another last-minute 80-lift loss, I still have 140 lift of margin. I've got two ladder uses left and I've been doing pretty well so far, so hopefully that's enough.

I decided this meant there was no point in holding back to try to avoid defense fights anymore, so I spent the rest of my aether on three of those five fights. Got all 6 aether structures so I'm in the clear on that count, but I did get three deaths in the meantime. So hopefully the final two aren't too bloody. I've still got both ladders, though, so I think my odds are good.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Considering it mostly only matters for the jump from Tier 20 to Tier 21, it doesn't seem like all that big of a deal, especially with how little Lift reduction prevention actually does compared to the Lift boost.

The 18-20 range makes up the overwhelming majority of AR players at this point. Any bone thrown to them is going to earn IS some cred with the community.

2 minutes ago, a bear said:

The 18-20 range makes up the overwhelming majority of AR players at this point. Any bone thrown to them is going to earn IS some cred with the community.

On average, the rotation doesn't make a difference, though.

Light weeks give you a better shot at moving up, and Anima weeks mean you get a few free points each day if you're unlucky with your defense match-ups. Weeks with both Light and Anima aren't really all that different than weeks with just Light when you consider the magnitude of the effect on your score and the fact that players aren't going to have many Anima blessings actually usable yet.

It's like getting an extra bone shard with the bone you're already getting. Unless you're like 20 Lift away from making the cut to the next Tier, it doesn't make a difference.

I’m safe in T25, so I spent today’s matches lazily throwing out moves. The first two were total flops that finished the remainder of my ladder charges. On the third, I made a wild guess that the Bolt Trap in front of the enemy Duma was fake, and Caeda Galeforced through him, took out the Ophelia behind him, and narrowly wiped the rest of the team on the EP with 3 HP to spare.

I kinda want to see that person’s face if/when they watch the replay.

Edited by LordFrigid

11095, still one match to go if i care for it, def loss from my meme theme doesn't matter, still two ladders.... finally, it is done. I'm up here, so it's time to create teams without my MVP Park'N-Wait Myrrh (tanking Buckets, Ophelias, Eirs, most Reds like a champ with Light's blessings) so she can return to her Earth Element and her proper team, and so I can also leisurly stay in T21 without effort, but I'd need a Nailah first. I hate this mode so much..., so very very much. :D

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

60 points above the cut off. All out of aether, my fate rests in the hands of the next person attacking me. All I need is 1 defense kill to get to tier 21, if I dont make it this week it will be a long time before I could make it again.

I hate the tension this mode gives me.

Made it to 11,080 exactly! The last two fights were really rough, I'm glad I didn't face many others like them. I did still have a pair of ladders in reserve anyway, though.

And it's still not enough for top 3k, welp.

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's like getting an extra bone shard with the bone you're already getting. Unless you're like 20 Lift away from making the cut to the next Tier, it doesn't make a difference.

. . . Yeah. . . thats about where I am at right now.

Though my general opinion on the defense boost is that it is rather useless; but this week having both active may have let me climb. Though I did realize here just at the end of the week that apparently I had unsealed my raiding team at some point somehow. And a couple were lacking their C for some reason. That could have been why my Nailah kept dying when I wasn't expecting her to. It was always just a few points and usually related to the aftermath of eating Rein's dire thunder. The DD seal I usually keep on her would have likely made a pretty big difference in those matches. . .

5 hours ago, Falter said:

60 points above the cut off. All out of aether, my fate rests in the hands of the next person attacking me. All I need is 1 defense kill to get to tier 21, if I dont make it this week it will be a long time before I could make it again.

If you're still around the last hour of the season, could you check your rank and possibly look in the rankings section to see the lowest visible rank/score? To get an idea of the number of people in t21 for next season.

11 minutes ago, Azuni said:

If you're still around the last hour of the season, could you check your rank and possibly look in the rankings section to see the lowest visible rank/score? To get an idea of the number of people in t21 for next season.

Personally, I'm at 11,080 right now and rank 3,400. I'm guessing the total ending up in T21 will be close to 4,000?

I made it!  Exactly 11,000 lift, and I shouldn't be able to be attacked again.  I'm rank 3938.  So close to 4,000 people in Tier 21 and higher.

1 hour ago, Azuni said:

I don't know if I'll be awake when the season end, it'll be midnight around here then.

I just lost a defense but got a single kill. I have 11.000 lift exactly taking me to tier 21 for sure now. My current rank is 3972  3973(dropping every now and then it seems). All the people on the same page as me in the ranking have the exact same score. I'm not sure if that's the information you wanted, but it is what I got atm.

EDIT: I also spot Venmi. Looks like a solid Oscar to me ;)

Edited by Falter

48 minutes ago, Venmi said:

I made it!  Exactly 11,000 lift, and I shouldn't be able to be attacked again.  I'm rank 3938.  So close to 4,000 people in Tier 21 and higher.

Oh no, that means I will have to start putting effort into staying in the top 3k at least. =[ 

Top 1 k was just not possible this week due to so many other things in life. 

I’m gonna miss the easy T21 life, but congrats to everyone who made it this week!

Even with only 140 battles, I'm making it safely to Tier 21 with 11,300 pts -- comfortably within the top 3k.  My main team:

K3r7fmp.png

Spending most of my 2018 orbs on F!Grima was definitely questionable in some respects, but here I'd say it paid off quite nicely.  At +10 summoner support, Eir bonuses, and near-full buffs, she breaks up most defenses with little thought or effort on my part.  Only two encounters this week forced one of my backup squads.  An Alm-centric team (which I timed out and lost anyway, oops), and an armor-ball that was surprisingly weak to Reinhardt.  I was very hesitant about giving a Light blessing to Tobin, but he impressed me far more than Duma ever did last week.  He's perfect for counteracting the "stick an armor in a far corner" strat.

I got pretty lucky on defense too.  Four -80s, but three days-worth of defense wins.  My defense set-up:

Spoiler

cEU8JAn.png

NXAxnZt.png

The most common cause of deaths for opponents by far is not realizing (or not remembering) that Hinoka's bow has armor-effectiveness.  Many Surtrs have been carelessly tossed in my flier-ball only to be massacred by +24 Atk Hinoka.  Teams that heavily relied on that one unit tended to fall apart and lose completely. 

42 minutes ago, Opdepov said:

EDIT: I also spot Venmi. Looks like a solid Oscar to me ;)

Thank you!  I like my Oscar.  He's kitted out for arena (or I wouldn't be running Aether on him).  Congrats on making Tier 21 too!  We both made it by a hair xD

15 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Does anyone have any idea for a good enemy phase archer that can counter "flier balls"? 

I want one that is bulky and strong enough to one shot fliers. 

For CC against physical units, the best common options are probably Jamke and Leon. Niles or Jeorge for mages obviously. Not a budget option, but I use Hinoka myself since she covers armors as well.

Safely made it into Tier 22 from Tier 20.  I guess the hard part's done now, since it's easy to maintain Tiers, as long as I don't miss a week.