Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Ok... something is weird... I don't know if is the season, the bonus units or I am getting lucky with my opponents, but 7 wins is something surprising for me.

Screenshot-20190314-223326.png

Maybe a lot of lower Tier players joined Tier 20, hence the increase in wins.

Holy Naga, another 2 defensive success results. 9 Wins, 0 Losses!

Screenshot-20190315-094954.png

@Azure in a Roundabout

My Defensive Team isn't that amazing. Actually, it's quite simple. The problem is that all offensive teams that tried to defeat my team took too much time to start the combat or tried to eliminate my units one by one. I can record all defensive battles to show you what the others team did. My Defensive Team is on the Spoiler Tab below.

Spoiler

Screenshot-20190315-095352-2.png

Screenshot-20190315-095434-2.png  Screenshot-20190315-095441-2.png  Screenshot-20190315-095448-2.png

Screenshot-20190315-095454-2.png  Screenshot-20190315-095501-2.png  Screenshot-20190315-095507-2.png

I am only using Ephraim and Fjorm because it's Fire/Water Season. Veronica and Surtr have Light Blessing because they are part of some of my Offensive Teams.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

@Diovani Bressan With my current Offense team of Keaton, Nailah, L!Hector, Veronica, and Lolizura, I might be able to bait and kill your Veronica with Nailah buffed by Lolizura after some brief healing from Veronica. Everyone else would be out of range. After that, the AI decides what to do.

1 minute ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

@Diovani Bressan With my current Offense team of Keaton, Nailah, L!Hector, Veronica, and Lolizura, I might be able to bait and kill your Veronica with Nailah buffed by Lolizura after some brief healing from Veronica. Everyone else would be out of range. After that, the AI decides what to do.

That's what teams with Null C-Disrupt normallly do. If they don't have this skill and position a unit in Veronica's range, Ephraim will Reposition her out of danger. Their starting position is to avoid Aversa's Night effect, since Robin has Refined Tactical Bolt. Duma and Surtr don't like to engage battle. They like to reposition each other, waiting for the enemy team start combat... Fjorm is just there to work as a Anima Blessed unit. If I had L!Azura, I would use her instead. I could use L!Hector too, since he's a Fire Legendary, but then Tactic Skills would not work on the Armored units.

On 3/13/2019 at 4:12 PM, Hilda said:

This mode is killing me. I am halfassing it because of the 4 additional blessings and the fact i dont want to split my barracks in half... which is very dissatisfying for me. I really wish they wouldnt have introduced the new blessings. I am fine with mythic heroes but the blessings should have stayed water fire wind water but just with different effects on mythic heroes. As it is, i am just hoarding mythic blessing and am not invested in it. At this point i wish they would just remove all the crap including AR.

I'm not a fan of the blessing system either.  Almost all of my old good units had one of the old blessings, and I'm not going to switch to one of the new ones that only works in one mode.

I really hope they overhaul the blessing system, which I wasn't a fan of to begin with.

I finally got around to finishing a defense team I rather like, time will tell if it works though.

I have Ophelia (with Special Spiral), Sonya (with Wings of Mercy), Veronica (with Restore), my +10 adult Tiki (Warding Breath and Infantry Pulse), Naesala (Galeforce and Heavy Blade seal) and Reyson (Wings of Mercy, Atk Tactics and Guidance seal) sitting around in an Abandoned Castle, ready to suicide and hopefully murder something win the process. It's not the greatest defense map but at least I like the look of it.

Not entirely sure how to include a Mythic Hero there though, which I would like since I got Duma as my free anniversary hero. Also I was thinking of a Firesweep!Mathilda but Naesala's already a high mobility blue unit eating my feathers (he's my current +10 project).

Also not a big fan of the dual sets of Blessings, though I find that least the limited overlap between desirable units in each mode is somewhat low, allowing me to commit some things. Granted, part of this is in not being a whale, where not having a thing at +10 makes it significantly less useful in AA or Arena. Like, I just can't see myself ever getting Surtr to +10 for the Arenas, so the +0 can just stay in AR forever. Smite Odin also excels in AR, but is a bit meh in the Arenas (largely based on scoring problems, though), so he gets to stay there. Suboptimal +0 Hardin would get creamed in AA, but he can find some use as a wall for stuff Surtr struggles with in my AR teams.

Of course, that doesn't exempt everything. My Galeforce Cordelia would like to be on my Light, Astra and Wind teams and I sure as hell ain't building three of her. Therefore, I just left her on my Wind team and use her on off-seasons (though once Astra is a thing and I maybe end up pulling that hero, I'll have to figure something else out) since she doesn't inhibit my score there, unlike during Light. Rein's in something of the same boat.

13 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Also not a big fan of the dual sets of Blessings, though I find that least the limited overlap between desirable units in each mode is somewhat low, allowing me to commit some things. Granted, part of this is in not being a whale, where not having a thing at +10 makes it significantly less useful in AA or Arena. Like, I just can't see myself ever getting Surtr to +10 for the Arenas, so the +0 can just stay in AR forever. Smite Odin also excels in AR, but is a bit meh in the Arenas (largely based on scoring problems, though), so he gets to stay there. Suboptimal +0 Hardin would get creamed in AA, but he can find some use as a wall for stuff Surtr struggles with in my AR teams.

Of course, that doesn't exempt everything. My Galeforce Cordelia would like to be on my Light, Astra and Wind teams and I sure as hell ain't building three of her. Therefore, I just left her on my Wind team and use her on off-seasons (though once Astra is a thing and I maybe end up pulling that hero, I'll have to figure something else out) since she doesn't inhibit my score there, unlike during Light. Rein's in something of the same boat.

Yeah, I think a lot of people are going to have to rethink a lot of their teams once we get an Astra hero. I suppose anyone who whales for 22 copies of them will probably have enough to swap them out on core members though, or enough varieties of other key units (dancers) that it won't be necessary to switch too often. I suppose if you luck out and get a dancer you don't already have (like say, Reyson for most people, or some rerun on a Legendary banner) then it should be ok. Next to that, I'm planning on making a second Aversa, which should be good enough, though I imagine that's not a solution for people who have already merged all their copies and spent so many grails that it will be a while before they can get another.

@Maaka Was that your Galeforce Cordelia that blitzed through my defense map? I think that's the first time I've seen someone use that strategy properly on it, hope it didn't cause you too much frustration to plan your path

Do you guys find it easier to deal with teams that lock an armour unit in the corner? 

Personally, I think it is easier to rout the 5 units with a galeforce team in one go and then deal with the isolated armour. 

Dealing with 6 units in one go is much harder considering that if you have 2 gale force units, 2 dancers and a smite bot, at most you'll be able to take out 5 units. 

Edited by Icelerate

2 hours ago, Johann said:

@Maaka Was that your Galeforce Cordelia that blitzed through my defense map? I think that's the first time I've seen someone use that strategy properly on it, hope it didn't cause you too much frustration to plan your path

Haha yea, that was me. Forgot Hardy bearing screwed up desperation as well, otherwise I wouldn't have lost a unit. Also changed my strategy as soon as I entered because I forgot about my flier school being there. Thankfully noticed it or I would have gotten destroyed thanks to restore on Clarine. Perhaps if I didn't pick the wrong lightning trap I would have been fine, but I can't remember the stats, so not sure if L!Azura would have sung for Marth or not since she wouldn't have been able to kill my Azura.

By the way, let me know if you want a free offense win, I can unequip my team for you today or tomorrow.

Edited by Maaka

7 minutes ago, Maaka said:

Haha yea, that was me. Forgot Hardy bearing screwed up desperation as well, otherwise I wouldn't have lost a unit. Also changed my strategy as soon as I entered because I forgot about my flier school being there. Thankfully noticed it or I would have gotten destroyed thanks to restore on Clarine. Perhaps if I didn't pick the wrong lightning trap I would have been fine, but I can't remember the stats, so not sure if L!Azura would have sung for Marth or not since she wouldn't have been able to kill my Azura.

Ah yeah, I think Marth would have been dance'd even if your Legendary Azura was out of range, and probably killed the NY Azura anyway. From there I think you'd only be able to stop him by attacking with Legendary Azura and Micaiah, so it probably wouldn't have been any better a situation. Your Azura having more HP woulda survived since it only had 6 HP vs a 6 damage attack. When the bonus unit is a school, I always put the center unit as whichever type of school it is, to increase the chances they'll get debuffed.

Too bad it wasn't a match tomorrow cuz I always switch it out for a freebie map on the last day

57 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Do you guys find it easier to deal with teams that lock an armour unit in the corner? 

I find it easier, though I’ve seen a couple nasty corner armor setups, e.g. one map had a Wary Fighter/QP/Bonfire Hector (Brave Warrior) that would probably have been more threatening with another dose of CD reduction. The “trick” to corner armors is that you have to a) get to them before the turn limit expires and b) have someone able to KO them or weaken them without dying themselves. So if you have good teambuilding and planning, corner armors are mostly a non-issue.

Personally, I think it is easier to rout the 5 units with a galeforce team in one go and then deal with the isolated armour. 

Tbh I don’t think I’ve ever seen a corner armor that was easier to get to than the rest of the team. Even if I found such a map, I doubt there would be value in taking out the one enemy that can’t move against me before the rest of the enemy team. Maybe if the map layout was so poor that I could get away with it without the rest of the enemy team getting to mine.

Dealing with 6 units in one go is much harder considering that if you have 2 gale force units, 2 dancers and a smite bot, at most you'll be able to take out 5 units. 

Galeforce dancers.

Also why would you want to take out the entire team at once anyway? Unless the Aether structures were actually gift-wrapped for you, or it’s the last match of the season, you’d need to leave at least one enemy alive so you can get them.

3 hours ago, Icelerate said:

I keep Dancer Micaiah on my team partially just to deal with enemies just like that.

2 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Also why would you want to take out the entire team at once anyway? Unless the Aether structures were actually gift-wrapped for you, or it’s the last match of the season, you’d need to leave at least one enemy alive so you can get them.

I have left so many Aether pots undestroyed this week.  I'll probably lose out on a match or two, but taking half an hour to plan out a deathless match that destroys both isn't something I have time to do.

Wow AR just wow. today I got too greedy. I had 2 Ladders left and one last round. Wanted to have 100 Lift on that last round used the 2 ladders because I lost a unit on each round and on the third I lost truly. xD I feel slightly trolled. Well 12k Lift is ok, but I don't know if I could have reached top 1k with 12,100 Lift...I'll take it a lesson to never do this again and accept 1 lost unit even if I have 3 ladders left on the last round...especially because I only use 1 team.

Edited by Stroud

I don't think Disarm Trap is going to do much. Smiting someone into the trap usually works well enough that I doubt anyone will pull specifically for it. There's just too many better B skills that most units won't want to give up to be able to do that. Maybe a Galeforce lead could make use of it, but there's more ways than traps to make their life hard in proccing Galeforce.

Went from almost 7.000 all the way to 6.420 when the season started only to be very lucky and get very good match ups and now I’m precisely on lift 7.000 and back in tier 17.

BLESS ADULT TIKI AND HER DRAGON BUFFER/SUPPORT SERVANT

Not a bad start with 161/121/161/161/161/141, 0 missed pots and 1 remaining ladder. Got a Success! in defense with my flying bladetomes+bathmilla and Elincia too, so 0 lift lost today! 

However, seeing how I messed the two last times, I’m not confident enough that this time I’ll reach T21. Currently at 10306 lift.

Thanks L!Marth for being such a good Duma killer