Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

6 hours ago, Lewyn said:

The problem is that is 200 dew, 22,200 feathers, a light blessing, Distant counter fodder, Null disrupt C fodder (so you need a spare Nailah).  I'm assuming run with 2 Eir with not everyone has.  Then relying on bonus weeks on top of that.  

Sharena, 2 M!Corrins, and 2 Eirs is the cheapest team I can think of, unless you can think of an even cheaper team for climbing.

My Sharena has:
Fensalir [Spd]
Reposition
Moonbow
Distant Counter
Guard
Atk Tactic
Distant Def

That is a total of 600 Dew, 80,000 Feathers (Guard 3 from 5* Titania), 3 Light Blessings, and enough Orbs to summon 1 Hector and 2 Eirs.

If you just need Sharena for walling only certain foes as a side unit, then that is just 200 Dew and 40,000 Feathers and maybe a Light Blessing.

I want to try Null C-Disrupt, but I do not have it and I think Sharena would still prefer Guard since regular nukes are more threatening than Firesweep nukes.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to add that my Sharena played primary tank last night when she was walling. Surtr was afraid of the Axebreaker Lilina, so he was hiding behind Sharena. Since I was able to choke them against their own decorative structures, I had Shrarena just wall everything and killed them with Aversa/Eir as they approached, then had Sharena punt them out of enemy ranged until next turn. Surtr's entire contribution to the fight was to soak up Chills so that Sharena remained largely invulnerable, and stand beside her for one turn to activate her weapon's Spd/Def Bond. This was with no M!Corrins to back her up, nor even any Spurs/Drives. Granted, there still was some support in Aversa debuffing the enemy (who was using Atk Tactic) and Eir providing Res Tactic to Sharena, but it was in no way minmaxed for her.

I GOT 11,000 LIFT!!! I am very nervous right now because I still have a few days to go. Assuming I win every match, I should be able to make it even if I suffer full defense loss and a few unit losses on offense, but there is also a possibility that I still fuck up and not win any matches.

Spent some time yesterday to make a real defense team. It's still not done due to expensive Skill Inheritance that I do not have, but it should hopefully have a higher win rate than my old team (which had about a 35% win rate, counting each kill on a failure as 1/4 of a win).

+5 Aversa [=] (Aversa's Night, Reposition, Moonbow, HP/Spd 2, Wings of Mercy 3, Goad Fliers, HP/Spd 2) [Water]
+10 Legendary Azura [+Spd] (Prayer Wheel, Gray Waves, Aether, B Duel Flying 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Goad Fliers, Earth Dance 3)
+10 Eir [+Atk] (Lyfjaberg, Reposition, Iceberg, Swift Sparrow 2, Mystic Boost 3, Goad Fliers, Flier Formation 3)
+10 Palla [+Atk] (Whitewing Blade [unique], Reposition, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Goad Fliers, Atk/Def Bond 3) [Water]
+10 Est [+Atk] (Whitewing Spear [unique], Reposition, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Goad Fliers, Brazen Atk/Def 3) [Water]
+10 Catria [+Atk] (Whitewing Lance [unique], Reposition, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Goad Fliers, Atk/Spd Bond 3) [Water]

The goal is to eventually get Flier Formation on everyone (5 more to go) and Sturdy Impact on the Whitewings (3 more to go). Also planning on eventually giving Catria Galeforce and the Heavy Blade Sacred Seal.

27 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

+5 Aversa [=] (Aversa's Night, Reposition, Moonbow, HP/Spd 2, Wings of Mercy 3, Goad Fliers, HP/Spd 2) [Water]

Would it be better with HP+5 on both A and Sacred Seal slots? That is an extra 2 HP that players have to overcome.

22 minutes ago, XRay said:

Would it be better with HP+5 on both A and Sacred Seal slots? That is an extra 2 HP that players have to overcome.

I'll worry about it when I get more merges (I'm out of feathers after spending 400,000 on Palla and Est) and switch her blessing over to Light. I want to see how the team performs first before investing more into it. (I also don't have the coins for the HP+ seal.)

Edited by Ice Dragon

Yes! :’D

Finally reached T21. Currently 11114 points with a def loss around 15 minutes ago. The pressure I got for having to win the last match the two times before wasn’t enough for me to fail a third time :D

@Ice Dragon, I’ve been playing around a Goad Fliers team for defense too this week (although worse, since I can’t afford to +10 everyone). I have been using some units with Flier Formation (and Loki will join them as soon as I give her Brave Bow+ and DB3 from Klein) and a Kinoka with Flier Guidance, but I think I’m having either map design or positioning issues. How would you display the map? 

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Javi Blizz

Here's what I'm currently using:

Hide contents

RKXm6xl.jpg

It's mostly just thrown together without too much thought at this point. I mostly want to see how people tend to deal with it before making any real adjustments.

Thx! I’ll try your map layout at least until I get enough 4* Pallas to give Goad Fliers to units with better sinergy

Somehow yesterday evening I used up all my Aether and recognized I still a chance for tier 21! I played relaxed all week, because I lost a lot of lift in the beginning of the week and not having a good tank was my problem all the time. -ATK L!Marth was my bonus unit, defense didn't help much either (saved 60 lift from defense kills) and I forgot again to upgrade the Amphorae to level 4. 

This morning this happened: 

Slc3bWY.png

Funnily I already grinded SS for L!Tiki, because I didn't think I'd have a chance this week. I won't complain though. :-) 

@Javi Blizz @XRay Simultaneous promotion, yupee! Congrats! 

Thanks to @DarkAlf for virtually holding my hand in the last two matches. 

@mampfoid I barely made it into Tier 21! I have 11,080 Lift right now, so I should be fine even with one full defense loss. This is uncomfortably close, but at least I made it. I think I will keep my cancer defense setup up for now depending on how easy it is to score wins in Tier 21. If it is not too bad, I might relax my defense team to make it easier for other players to reach and maintain Tier 21.

Congratulations to you too! We should have a party or something whenever someone gets into Tier 21.

58 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I mostly want to see how people tend to deal with it before making any real adjustments.

If I was using my Sharena carry team, I would break the breakable wall south of Est and put Sharena where the breakable wall was and try to tank Est and/or Eir.

If I am using my regular team, I would similarly break the same wall south of Est and test the Bolt Trap with Laevatein.

Edited by XRay

1 minute ago, XRay said:

@mampfoid I barely made it into Tier 21! I have 11,080 Lift right now, so I should be fine even with one full defense loss. This is uncomfortably close, but at least I made it. I think I will keep my cancer defense setup up for now depending on how easy it is to score wins in Tier 21. If it is not too bad, I might relax my defense team to make it easier for other players to reach and maintain Tier 21.

Yeah, I saw that on my friend list. That's a score on point. 

Are you getting defense wins with your map? Mine isn't very cancerous, but Galeforce L!Hector, Future Vision L!Lucina and WoM Cherche manage to surprise people from time to time. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, I saw that on my friend list. That's a score on point. 

Are you getting defense wins with your map? Mine isn't very cancerous, but Galeforce L!Hector, Future Vision L!Lucina and WoM Cherche manage to surprise people from time to time. 

Yeah, I do get defense wins, usually earlier in the week when players seem to be more reckless. Later in the week though, players are far more cautious so I usually get full defense loss or kill one of their units.

14 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Congrats for you too @mampfoid, @XRay!

Thanks! :-) 

Funny we did it in the same week. What bonus unit did you use? 

14 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Now let’s see if I’m not dumb enough to lose T21 next week xD

I'm not too worried, it should be like staying in tier 20. You just need to compensate for defense losses. 

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Yeah, I do get defense wins, usually earlier in the week when players seem to be more reckless. Later in the week though, players are far more cautious so I usually get full defense loss or kill one of their units.

Sounds familiar. I generally got more defense wins on non-light weeks where people didn't even try for tier 21. This may change now for us. 

17 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Thanks! :-) 

Funny we did it in the same week. What bonus unit did you use? 

I'm not too worried, it should be like staying in tier 20. You just need to compensate for defense losses. 

L!Marth. I’m going to miss how he breaks Dumas. Mine was +Atk/-Hp with Reposition and Close Defense seal. Didn’t even changed his C Skill, despite not having infantry units in my Raiding Party

And I broke into Tier 20 using up all my Aether, but I expect a last-minute defense loss to knock me back. Looks like I have to have both a 121-scoring offense (silly me merging my Eir) and to not bleed out every time on defense.

Having such a team every Light season will be a tall order. I'll be strangled by dead weight "bonus" units most of the time.

I surrendered with my last Escape Ladder use so I could get a better score.

Will be throwing all my cash at the Mythic. I'm a busy man, I don't have time to learn the ins and outs of this mode. Rally traps and other four-dimensional chess levels of strategy.

T20 may be reachable if I upgrade my offense fortress to ensure I get enough lift to begin with, and whale out for the Dark-season mythic.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

@mampfoid Are we seriously hitting AR Tier 21 at the same time?

20190325_134428.jpg

Well, I didn't played relaxed in AR this week, I took every match with caution and a lot of planning. The first days were not the best, but at least my defense helped enough to secure the rank - and I was in a serious pot hunting too. I didn't change much on my offense team, but I had to split my main forces with Lilina and Aversa, and put in Marth instead - leaving 2 teams with Eir, Minizura and Rein on their side. Marth did a wonderful job, and he got rid of big threats for me with all the bonuses he got from Blessings, Fortress and stuff. Here's what I had:

Spoiler

ZomboDroid_20032019135915.jpg

Later I gave more Hp seal and Axebreaker for Aversa, and Marth got Reposition, but that's about it. Lilina was +10, Rein was +5 and Lucina had +1, although I haven't used her in the end. I've collected some memories I got from this week, I actually learned a lot just this week for AR.

Spoiler

JZjgNgo.jpg

One of the first tricky maps. I went to clear on the right and took out Lyn, and left Minizura in the range of Rein and Azura (Rein took the hit only). After that, things got a bit crazy, but everybody was alive. Somehow I had to take out Duma, Ayra and L!Azura at the same time, leaving Marth in the range of Hector - who had Vantage, but thank god Fire Emblem took care of him. Missed 1 pot though.

EVLGb4K.jpg

This map I had to leave my usual team behind, and bring out the legendaries together. Marth was taking the fortified trench on the left, and he was just out of Hp range to get penalized by the Panic manor, leaving him murdering Velouria, Fae and Reyson at the same time, taking barely any damage. After that it was simple, but the reason why I switched up the team was that Effie - I had to deal with her with L!Hector, but it worked out wonderfully.

7csXFsL.jpg

This was an intimidating one, and a bit random. After taking out Firesweep Poison Lyn from the bottom and bailing, I was expecting to get a bad surprise from Lucina, but I was able to stay out of her range for 2 turns. I did lost Reinhardt to Minizura, but at least I got both pots and took out the offensive threats in the turn beforehand.

TDcSGmd.jpg

I had to do something I haven't tried before in AR, this was a lost match in my eye from the beginning. I had to leave Marth in front of Lewyn, both dancer helped him, but he survived with half his health - too bad Marth didn't had DC. Also I couldn't take the fountain that turn, because the trap was live on that exact tile. After that I had a lot of thinking how to set up Azura to take out the Rein that was coming for me, but leaving an ally next to her gave me better results than I expected. Did lose Reinhardt in this took, but it'd have been a miracle to win without losses. Double dancers are really bad for me in AR.

e1Xqcuv.jpg

This map wasn't bad, but the funny fact that out of the 2 Dumas, one of them had +5 merges. Weird choice, but it was probably planned. The new Axebreaker on Aversa paid off here.

Congrats everyone making it into tier 21! I'm entering tier 20 for the first time this week, finally! And with enough points I could get two full defense losses and still make it too. Easily the best aether season I've had. Is it because Arvis replaced Maribelle in my offense team?

Also, that defense team I mentioned a few times, I finally figured out how imgur works lol.

Spoiler

TinCl6L.jpg

I've mostly had success by people stepping on that Bolt Trap when there's only Reyson and a mage left, letting the mage snipe a bit before everyone dies.

@Johann Thanks for the pointers you gave me all those seasons ago! It took me a while but I have a functioning defense team now!

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Somehow yesterday evening I used up all my Aether and recognized I still a chance for tier 21! I played relaxed all week, because I lost a lot of lift in the beginning of the week and not having a good tank was my problem all the time. -ATK L!Marth was my bonus unit, defense didn't help much either (saved 60 lift from defense kills) and I forgot again to upgrade the Amphorae to level 4. 

This morning this happened: 

Slc3bWY.png

Funnily I already grinded SS for L!Tiki, because I didn't think I'd have a chance this week. I won't complain though. :-) 

@Javi Blizz @XRay Simultaneous promotion, yupee! Congrats! 

Thanks to @DarkAlf for virtually holding my hand in the last two matches. 

Wooooo, congrats Mamp!

Please no one else play. I was so close to getting into the top 1000 earlier, but my last few runs were failures and I didn't Light bless two of my units until midway through the season. Oh well maybe some other day.

Edited by LoneStar

Guess I have a little AR burnout. I just use my Deirdre as some players use their Surtr, putting her into the enemy range and lets see what happens. Sometimes it works sometimes not.
So I have around 12200 Lift this week with 130 Lift for each round. 

@mampfoid@XRay , gratz for reaching T21. I personally think just reaching T21 takes a lot of pressure. Now its just doing what you can do and scratch the loot each week.

4 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

L!Marth. I’m going to miss how he breaks Dumas. Mine was +Atk/-Hp with Reposition and Close Defense seal. Didn’t even changed his C Skill, despite not having infantry units in my Raiding Party

Haha, mine is -ATK with vanilla skills and ATK/SPD Bond seal. Don't need him for Dumas (that's what summer Micaiah is for), but there are other dragons he dealt with easily. 

2 hours ago, Garlyle said:

@mampfoid Are we seriously hitting AR Tier 21 at the same time?

You too? Cool! Saw you in the list, but wasn't sure if you already promoted last light season. Congrats to you! 

Interesting to read all that about your approach, nice teams (mine where not that well planned). I might comment on those later. 

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

Wooooo, congrats Mamp!

Thank you!

Now I'm all AR-TOASTY! 

16 minutes ago, Stroud said:

@mampfoid@XRay , gratz for reaching T21. I personally think just reaching T21 takes a lot of pressure. Now its just doing what you can do and scratch the loot each week.

Thanks!

That's what I was hoping for (taking out the pressure). :-) 

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I failed to reach Tier 21 again... I just needed 120 lift to reach the next tier, but I don't have aether anymore...

That sucks, that is awfully close. Even with my climbing team, I barely made it.