Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

I'm having a lovely season thusfar, but more importantly.  Aether resort has this made Raids even more PtW?  

The forts play a huge role in boosting your offense or defense team.  You have to pay 3 orbs a week to get a double bonus on stone acquisition from the resort.  If you don't pay that, paying players forts will get more and more leveled and one will be more and more disadvantaged.  While resort looks like a fun diversion the orb option seems like a terrible idea, take away orbs from the only resource we have to summon banner units, to not fall behind in aether raids.  

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news is I've been suffering less on the Defensive side. Bad news is, Offensively, I've pretty much tanked. All Ladder uses gone yesterday and I still tend to lose a unit in one of my two daily battles, which is normal as it is, so it's not like I'm any higher than I normally would have been~ Well, it's at least nice to see that trying for Yune was beneficial~

Ran into this team today~

AZLZB4d.png

The other Marths, if you're curious~

Spoiler

T5id7Oa.png

jXVwCuv.png

AuCHPnI.png

M5HlISW.png

Nw4maM5.png

r2ZIIvM.png

I'm always impressed and disgusted by these teams, though I was only disgusted because, of course my only blue units are dragons. Oddly, Tiki somehow soloed the map, I can only assume they must have had a low Def Fort.

Remu better +10 those other two OG!Marths, tho!

Ran into a team where my units literally did zero damage except for Chrom who could only do 9 damage. To a fucking dragon. I used the team with horse Chrom because it had dragons. This player had to be cheating, how the hell else could they have raised their dragons' defenses to almost 60 with only visible buffs which don't stack? This is not a fair battle at all. How is anyone supposed to win if they can't do any damage?

I also had to lose a battle again because of the fucking turn limit and yet more players fucking blocking one unit behind a bunch of junk. I still don't understand why this is allowed!

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Ran into a team where my units literally did zero damage except for Chrom who could only do 9 damage. To a fucking dragon. I used the team with horse Chrom because it had dragons. This player had to be cheating, how the hell else could they have raised their dragons' defenses to almost 60 with only visible buffs which don't stack? This is not a fair battle at all. How is anyone supposed to win if they can't do any damage?

60 Def is not very hard to achieve. I will just assume it is a Nowi:

Nowi +Def — 33
Merge +10 — 4
Dragonflower +10 — 2
Lightning Breath [Def] — 4
(Any Assist)
(Any Special)
Fort. Def/Res — 6
(Any B)
(Any C)
Fortress Def — 5
Bonus 0/0/6/0 — 6

Total = 33+4+2+4+6+5+6 = 60

You need a more diverse Barracks. Players win by building diverse teams. Raven +Atk +0 got no trouble with the above Nowi, assuming Nowi does not run Guard. Nino +0 has no problem nuking Nowi to high heavens even without buffs.

Challenger List:

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Raven (5* +atk)  
Weapon: Basilikos  
Special: Moonbow  
A: Life and Death 3  
B: Desperation 3  
S: Attack 3  
Upgrade Path: 5  

Nino (5*)  
Weapon: Iris's Tome  
Special: Moonbow  
A: Fury 3  
B: Desperation 3  
S: Atk Spd 2  

Enemy List:

Spoiler

ENEMIES - CUSTOM LIST  
Nowi (5*+10 +def)  
Weapon: Lightning Breath+  
A: Fort Def Res 3  
S: Fortress Def 3  
Upgrade Path: 3  

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I also had to lose a battle again because of the fucking turn limit and yet more players fucking blocking one unit behind a bunch of junk. I still don't understand why this is allowed!

Most players do not have a problem with those maps anymore once they have a Player Phase team as one of their teams to choose from. 2 ranged nukes and 2 Dancers/Singers is not exactly expensive nor difficult to build.

Edited by XRay

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

60 Def is not very hard to achieve. I will just assume it is a Nowi:

Nowi +Def — 33
Merge +10 — 4
Dragonflower +10 — 2
Lightning Breath [Def] — 4
(Any Assist)
(Any Special)
Fort. Def/Res — 6
(Any B)
(Any C)
Fortress Def — 5
Bonus 0/0/6/0 — 6

Total = 33+4+2+4+6+5+6 = 60

It was a Nowi. But what about my Bunny Catria doing zero damage to Idunn? Blue mage vs red dragon armor here.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

You need a more diverse Barracks. Players win by building diverse teams. Raven +Atk +0 got no trouble with the above Nowi, assuming Nowi does not run Guard. Nino +0 has no problem nuking Nowi to high heavens even without buffs.

I already knew all that. That's why I built three raids teams this week. A Wind one, a Water one, and a Light and Dark one. Maybe I ought to add a fourth though.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

Most players do not have a problem with those maps anymore once they have a Player Phase team as one of their teams to choose from. 2 ranged nukes and 2 Dancers/Singers is not exactly expensive nor difficult to build.

I suppose not, no. I haven't tried any teams with more than one dancer yet either.

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I already knew all that. That's why I built three raids teams this week. A Wind one, a Water one, and a Light and Dark one. Maybe I ought to add a fourth though.

Adding a fourth does help, but for ease of gameplay, rather than focusing on just matching Blessings, you might want your teams each to focus on one or two tactics, cheeses, gimmicks or whatever you want to call it.

Galeforce, Counter-Vantage, regular Player Phase team, team carrier/super tank, and mass debuffs are the most common tactics.

25 minutes ago, XRay said:

Adding a fourth does help, but for ease of gameplay, rather than focusing on just matching Blessings, you might want your teams each to focus on one or two tactics, cheeses, gimmicks or whatever you want to call it.

Galeforce, Counter-Vantage, regular Player Phase team, team carrier/super tank, and mass debuffs are the most common tactics.

I see.

I'm not sure I can counter Galeforce though, because I don't really have that myself. My only unit with Galeforce is Cordelia. But those other things I should be able to do.

14 minutes ago, Rinco said:

@Anacybele did you check the lvl of your Fortress and your opponent's? Maybe that's what is giving stats to his units.

Huh, no, I didn't. I should, that's a good idea.

Fortresses are so important it isn't funny.  Since I upgraded offense to lv 4 it is a world of difference, wow I can kill everything.  Sometimes caught by surprise, but I rarely have a complete loss and usually don't lose anyone now. 

@Anacybele Yeah forts are major. I had no trouble climbing until I started hitting the 'everyone has level 4 defense forts' barrier.  Now at best I can match my 4+1 offense fort their 4+1 defense fort.  I'm starting to wonder if I have fallen behind in stones to the point where I will just be locked out?

Yeah, one reason I was successful in climbing to T21 was because I just put everything into my offensive fortress from the beginning. I remember days I had my lv 4 Offensive fortress against Lv 2 Defense Fortress. Its insane what the stats of my units had on those occasions. My Deirdre looks like a Mage Surtr who has Dull all with those. 

Unless you know what you are doing on defense, defense fortress comes secondary. For me I just do not like to rely on my defense team. Even if I waste some score potential there. I guess resort will lead me to focus even more on offensive building. Because my only target is to make AR offensive as easy as possible with my buildings. 

Edited by Stroud

I'm done upgrading my Defense Fortress. That's what the defensive Mythics are for. With 1 kill on def, I only lose 20 lift. 2 Kills and I'm not losing anything. Then I get more stones to upgrade my Offensive Fortress and that makes it easier to score well while I'm at control.

Since Eir I've been saving all my F2P orbs for the Mythic banners to get 2 of each one, so that gives me the most optimal configuration for scores/reduction. 

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yay! I reached Tier 21 today! I just need to keep it for some days and... great! I believe I can do it! 

Congratulations! You can pretty much just chill or aim for Tier 22+.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Congratulations! You can pretty much just chill or aim for Tier 22+.

Thanks. The L!Azura that I got in the Mythic Banner helped me a lot! Being Light/Water Season, with Eir as bonus units was also a great thing. Yune did her part too, reducing the lift lost from defensive failures.

I still have 2 escape ladders, so I believe I can keep my place in Tier 21 until the end of the season. Maybe I can try to reach Tier 22.

7 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yay! I reached Tier 21 today! I just need to keep it for some days and... great! I believe I can do it! 

Do you have two Eirs? 

This week I did extremely poorly on defense. When the laguz first came out, Tibarn was difficult to deal with and soloed maps on his own. Nowadays, people know how to counter him effectively. 

44 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Do you have two Eirs? 

This week I did extremely poorly on defense. When the laguz first came out, Tibarn was difficult to deal with and soloed maps on his own. Nowadays, people know how to counter him effectively. 

Yes. I have three Eirs: The free neutral Eir, the second Eir that I got in the Hero Fest Banner which is +Spd/-Def, and a third Eir that I got in the Legendary Azura banner which is +Atk/-Def, but this one is Lv 1, so I only use two Eirs. My team for most of the battles was 2 Eirs, Aversa, L!Azura and Surtr, for a score of 160 lift. Some times I changed Aversa or one of the Eirs for OG Marth or Brave Veronica. I did some battles that a lost one unit or two, but I didn't score less than 120 in each battle this season. Thanks to the two Eirs, Surtr has enough HP and Res to tank units like Ophelia, so she isn't a problem for me, although I didn't see many bases with her this season. Surtr reaches 43 Res with 2 Eirs, so even Yune isn't a problem for him, and his Res can receive a +6 from Azura, and a +5 during combat if I decide to use Marth, because he has refined Falchion and Spur Def/Res seal.

For lift lost in Defensive Battles, I have Yune and 3 blessed allies, so the max lift loss that I can have is -64, because Yune is Lv 40+1, but I only had 3 loss this season until now: 2 -64 and 1 -44.

13 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yes. I have three Eirs: The free neutral Eir, the second Eir that I got in the Hero Fest Banner which is +Spd/-Def, and a third Eir that I got in the Legendary Azura banner which is +Atk/-Def, but this one is Lv 1, so I only use two Eirs. My team for most of the battles was 2 Eirs, Aversa, L!Azura and Surtr, for a score of 160 lift. Some times I changed Aversa or one of the Eirs for OG Marth or Brave Veronica. I did some battles that a lost one unit or two, but I didn't score less than 120 in each battle this season. Thanks to the two Eirs, Surtr has enough HP and Res to tank units like Ophelia, so she isn't a problem for me, although I didn't see many bases with her this season. Surtr reaches 43 Res with 2 Eirs, so even Yune isn't a problem for him, and his Res can receive a +6 from Azura, and a +5 during combat if I decide to use Marth, because he has refined Falchion and Spur Def/Res seal.

For lift lost in Defensive Battles, I have Yune and 3 blessed allies, so the max lift loss that I can have is -64, because Yune is Lv 40+1, but I only had 3 loss this season until now: 2 -64 and 1 -44.

I never rolled for more Eirs as I have no attachment to her character and patiently wait for mythical Lehran. 

What is your Surtr build? I use him to but with his base kit + DD seal. Most enemies are ranged so I have to take them out on PP which can be difficult. When it comes to pulling DC, my luck sucks. 

I couldn't pull Yune either. 

21 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I never rolled for more Eirs as I have no attachment to her character and patiently wait for mythical Lehran. 

What is your Surtr build? I use him to but with his base kit + DD seal. Most enemies are ranged so I have to take them out on PP which can be difficult. When it comes to pulling DC, my luck sucks. 

I couldn't pull Yune either. 

For the Hero Fest Eir, I like to summon in all colors in Hero Fest Banners, because normally all 4 heroes are good in this type of banners. For the Eir in the Legendary Azura Banner, I wanted Brave Veronica, which was in the same banner. I got Eir instead. I still want another Brave Veronica, for the Astra Season.

For Surtr, I just gave him Distant Counter. I also use Distant Def Seal on him He is +HP -Spd.

Yune is pretty fun to use, but she works better as a offensive unit than a defensive one. I am planning to use Yune in the next season in my offensive team. For Yune, I was saving orbs during all march. The Binding Blade banner didn't get my attention, and I got Spring Veronica pretty fast, and she was the only one that I wanted, so saving orbs wasn't that hard. I saved my orbs for the Mythic Banner, and I got Yune in my free summon. I got the second Yune in the next summoning circle. I saved 127 orbs for Yune, and I got 2 of her using only 10. But I spend the rest anyway, because I wanted Legendary Azura as well, and I got her. Now I am saving for the next Mythic Banner. I believe the next one will be a Astra Mythic Hero, and I want at least 2 copies.

The Anima quests for Aether Raids are going to be a pain.  You don't get any "extra" tries at Aether Raids, and Anima blessings provide no benefit at all on offense.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

For the Hero Fest Eir, I like to summon in all colors in Hero Fest Banners, because normally all 4 heroes are good in this type of banners. For the Eir in the Legendary Azura Banner, I wanted Brave Veronica, which was in the same banner. I got Eir instead. I still want another Brave Veronica, for the Astra Season.

For Surtr, I just gave him Distant Counter. I also use Distant Def Seal on him He is +HP -Spd.

Yune is pretty fun to use, but she works better as a offensive unit than a defensive one. I am planning to use Yune in the next season in my offensive team. For Yune, I was saving orbs during all march. The Binding Blade banner didn't get my attention, and I got Spring Veronica pretty fast, and she was the only one that I wanted, so saving orbs wasn't that hard. I saved my orbs for the Mythic Banner, and I got Yune in my free summon. I got the second Yune in the next summoning circle. I saved 127 orbs for Yune, and I got 2 of her using only 10. But I spend the rest anyway, because I wanted Legendary Azura as well, and I got her. Now I am saving for the next Mythic Banner. I believe the next one will be a Astra Mythic Hero, and I want at least 2 copies.

Do you think I should give Surtr special fighter to give him both guard effect + special charge? Once I get DC of course. I think giving him slaying axe along with sol will make him hard to kill along with QR3 SS. 

2 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Do you think I should give Surtr special fighter to give him both guard effect + special charge? Once I get DC of course. I think giving him slaying axe along with sol will make him hard to kill along with QR3 SS. 

Yeah... this works pretty well. With Slaying Axe and Special Spiral, Sol will trigger in each battle after the first time. Once you give Surtr the Distant Counter skill, you can give him the Hack-o'-Lantern axe, so he can have the guard effect even without Steady Stance 4.

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah... this works pretty well. With Slaying Axe and Special Spiral, Sol will trigger in each battle after the first time. Once you give Surtr the Distant Counter skill, you can give him the Hack-o'-Lantern axe, so he can have the guard effect even without Steady Stance 4.

I'm talking about special fighter, not spiral. Special fighter is better for armoured units IMO because it gives both the guard effect and the ability to spam specials. No need for Hack-O-Lantern axe in this case.