Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

2 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I'm talking about special fighter, not spiral. Special fighter is better for armoured units IMO because it gives both the guard effect and the ability to spam specials. No need for Hack-O-Lantern axe in this case. 

Oh right. I always forgot about Special Fighter... IntSys needs to put this skill in others units.

Yeah, it will works pretty well with Distant Counter, Quick Riposte Seal and Sol as Special. With Sol, you will not have problems to keep Surtr's HP above 50%, since Special Fighter has the HP requirement.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

The Anima quests for Aether Raids are going to be a pain.  You don't get any "extra" tries at Aether Raids, and Anima blessings provide no benefit at all on offense.

This is the best plan for that I've come up with so far:

oliveranima.thumb.jpg.0c9615c2780ff76ff3e0c64d2e95895b.jpg

With a pretty minimal investment (3* Odin and Nino), slap on a seal and Anima blessing, I got myself a bonus unit who might be able to help a little here and there. The Odin probably isn't necessary since I can't imagine I'll actually use him to fight. Anyway, I can put him on at least one of my 5 teams and use him when it's looking like a simple match.

7 minutes ago, Johann said:

This is the best plan for that I've come up with so far:

oliveranima.thumb.jpg.0c9615c2780ff76ff3e0c64d2e95895b.jpg

With a pretty minimal investment (3* Odin and Nino), slap on a seal and Anima blessing, I got myself a bonus unit who might be able to help a little here and there. The Odin probably isn't necessary since I can't imagine I'll actually use him to fight. Anyway, I can put him on at least one of my 5 teams and use him when it's looking like a simple match.

I gave my Celica an Anima blessing, partly as a joke, and partly because I might make her a permanent part of my defense team, and partly because she might be able to contribute even without any bonuses next week.

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I gave my Celica an Anima blessing, partly as a joke, and partly because I might make her a permanent part of my defense team, and partly because she might be able to contribute even without any bonuses next week.

That'll do it. I don't have Duma, but if I had two, I could just run a naked Anima joke team and unarmed Oliver would be good for that, so it probably won't go to waste.

26 minutes ago, Johann said:

That'll do it. I don't have Duma, but if I had two, I could just run a naked Anima joke team and unarmed Oliver would be good for that, so it probably won't go to waste.

I was lucky enough to get Duma on his first banner, then picked up another copy from that hide-and-seek banner thing.

29 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I was lucky enough to get Duma on his first banner, then picked up another copy from that hide-and-seek banner thing.

I'm a little jealous, but on the other hand, I didn't put more than 20 orbs into his launch banner. Anyway I realized that mages are excellent for Anima Defense maps since the Astra hero will probably be giving +Def

Tier 21 ahoi thx to second Eir i got from the Legendary summoning banner, Galeforce Hrid, Legendary Azura and Dancer Miciah. Thank god it was water and wind season at the same time. Even if i loose a defense battle i will stay there. I really started to hate this mode

The best moment to do the Anima Blessing quests is when the next AR season starts, because since we don't have a Astra Mythic Hero, we will not score higher than 100 lift in Astra/Anima Season, so we can use one ot two slots in our Offensive Team with a Anima Blessed unit.

I already did the quests that can be done outside Aether Raids. I only need to do the "AR: Attack Successfully" quests.

3 hours ago, Hilda said:

Tier 21 ahoi thx to second Eir i got from the Legendary summoning banner, Galeforce Hrid, Legendary Azura and Dancer Miciah. Thank god it was water and wind season at the same time. Even if i loose a defense battle i will stay there. I really started to hate this mode

Yay! Congrats! I reached Tier 21 this season too, thanks to Legendary Azura that I got in the Yune's Banner.

My problem with AR was to reach Tier 21, but now that I am already in Tier 21 I believe it will be more enjoyable for me, because I will not have any problem in losing some Offensive Battles. In Tier 20, I usually got mad if I lost a battle because the chances of reaching  Tier 21 decreased with each loss, but now no matter how many tiers I reach, at the start of the next season I will be in Tier 21.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I completely forgot to play AR yesterday and I'm going to miss getting out of T19 this week. I won't be able to climb again until next Light/Wind season.

Living a life outside of FEH ain't all it's cracked up to be, especially when it costs you valuable FEH performance.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

3 hours ago, Hilda said:

Congrats, I remember how much of a pain that was.

32 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The best moment to do the Anima Blessing quests is when the next AR season starts, because since we don't have a Astra Mythic Hero, we will not score highter than 100 lift in Astra/Anima Season, so we can use one ot two slots in our Offensive Team with a Anima Blessed unit.

I already did the quests that can be done outside Aether Raids. I only need to do the "AR: Attack Successfully" quests.

Yay! Congrats! I reached Tier 21 this season too, thanks to Legendary Azura that I got in the Yune's Banner.

My problem with AR was to reach Tier 21, but now that I am already in Tier 21 I believe it will be more enjoyable for me, because I will not have any problem in losing some Offensive Battles. In Tier 20, I usually got mad if I lost a battle because the chances of reaching  Tier 21 decreased with each loss, but now no matter how many tiers I reach, at the start of the next season I will be in Tier 21.

Same, I knocked out all the quests yesterday with my newly blessed Celica.

20 minutes ago, Chrom-ulent said:

I completely forgot to play AR yesterday and I'm going to miss getting out of T19 this week. I won't be able to climb again until next Light/Wind season.

Living a life outside of FEH ain't all it's cracked up to be, especially when it costs you valuable FEH performance.

As long as you don't go over the Aether cap missing a day doesn't hurt you like it used to, since the took away the free match per day.

Just now, Rezzy said:

As long as you don't go over the Aether cap missing a day doesn't hurt you like it used to, since the took away the free match per day.

Pretty sure I had 180 or so Aether yesterday, so sucks to be me. Maybe it'll be worth it to upgrade the jug.

I think I'll rely on defensive blessings. I don't have countless hours needed to create a winning defense team, but I did have the money to buy the defensive heroes and save 20+ Lift a day.

1 minute ago, Chrom-ulent said:

Pretty sure I had 180 or so Aether yesterday, so sucks to be me. Maybe it'll be worth it to upgrade the jug.

I think I'll rely on defensive blessings. I don't have countless hours needed to create a winning defense team, but I did have the money to buy the defensive heroes and save 20+ Lift a day.

I would definitely prioritize upgrading your Aether structures.

I think the gaurenteed Lift loss reduction is better than carefully planned defense teams, since it seems to be random luck more than anything else.  I'll have 5 Defense wins in a row, but then the 6th one that I lose is the one that counts against me.  Now I just use Duma/Yune plus a random assortment of Legendary Heroes whose blessings are in season.  They seem to do just as well as my old defense teams.

T25, this was my best for now. With only 140 Lift I can get I cannot complain on my perfomance, also used only 1 team again. Athena x Deirdre works so well that I think about doing the same with Selena x Julia for Astral season. But I don't know my Julia is only on +4 and her stats are a bit different. For now I will look at the next refines...

Edited by Stroud

Finally got to barely touch the Tier 21 range. I should be safe in my second account, but I just barely made it in my main account (screw double dancers maps and GF Tibarn...)

Also wasted at least 2 of my escape ladders from Idunn Ward Armour balls timeouts...(so frustrating close on one of them, too)

If I can somehow not get a Defense loss of 60 or more then I think I can squeak by.

Oh, I ended this AR Season by only using the Escape Ladder once. I still have 2 uses, that will never be used. I had more enjoyment this season in comparison to previous ones. I didn't care to lose one units or two because I was using two Eirs, so I always scored 120 or higher.

With the Aether Stone that I will get in the end of the season, I will be able to improve my Offensive Fortress to Lv 4. That's right, I reached Tier 21 this season using a Lv 3 Offensive Fortress.

Also, I cannon forget to add a Anima Blessed Unit in my AR Team, so I can complete the Anima Quests.

Yes it came down to one battle, final day, but I've made it, tier 21! 11234pts. 

I was 8pts short last night, woke up to an hour ago to see another full -80 point loss. So now I'm down 88 points. I have 95 aether so only one match to make it up. Problematic team had to take a long side path, but vantage Julia saved the day! She killed Myrrh, horse Eirika, and Ophelia. I got both pots and got full 161pts.

The pots allowed me one more match against a double Yune team. LA Hector supported by buffs and Arvis quad debuffing almost single handedly did it himself and I got another 161.

I had 2 Eir, one with a merge which helped greatly. No Yunes, no high merged units, no Ophelia, no Veronica, no L!Azura used on defense or offense.

Ending this season at 13,140 points, which puts me cleanly in Tier 26. I accidentally lost 20 points today due to a brainfart when I danced Ophelia in the wrong order. She would have survived otherwise.

Lost only a total of 140 points due to defense losses this week, which is pretty awesome. Challenged 16 times, won 5 times, and killed 16 units on losses for a total win rate of 56%, which doesn't seem too bad for a Light week.

I would up at 13,125 points this season.  I'm just shy of being able to do one more match, with 35 Aether remaining (It could have been 45, but since it wouldn't have been enough I didn't bother on that last match.)  I should be within the top 1000, barring a ton of people waiting until the last minute to do their matches.

I appreciate having 2 sets of premade offensive teams, but I think having at least two Defensive premade slots would have been a better convenience.

I really liked the team I created for both Offensive and Defensive. I gave Loki the Anima Blessing, so she will be useful for Astra/Anima seasons. I am planning to give her the Astra Blessing once we have a Astra Hero, and having the Anima Season helps me to complete the Anima Quests.

Like Aversa, Loki works with her HP, so what do you guys think about Panic Ploy on Loki? I was thinking to give her this skill.

Since it's Wind/Fire Season, Gunnthrá and L!Hector will be in my defensive team. My Lift Loss for this season will be -59 at max.

I am also using Yune this season for my Offensive Team. I really like her, and since the max lift we can get in Astra/Anima season right now is 100, I don't have anything against her on my team.

And I finally improved my Offensive Fortress to Lv 4. It will help me a lot because since I am in Tier 21 now, the chances of finding Lv 5 Defensive Fortresses are higher, and a Lv 3 Fort versus a Lv 5 Fort would be a huge disadvantage.

33 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

made it into tier 19 feeling, and i'm feeling very overpromoted, but at worst I yoyo between 18 and 19 as I build my fortresses up.

You don't want to "yoyo" in AR, you want to coast. With the higher possible chances of gaining lift than losing some, your goal should be to outperform the defense losses you are racking up, technically by successfully playing once a day with whatever team you want to gain back the maximum loss of 80 lift (basically winning a match without losses suffices, and you don't need to care about blessings, bonus units and aether). Losing tiers in AR are way more devastating than in Arena for example, where going T20.5 is way easier, by scoring the same with your built team, while AR requires you to gain ALL the points back from the starting point of the lower tier to gain a level, meaning more matches, more focus and effort necessary. Basically, you wouldn't want to do the climb from 20 to 21 ever again if you can avoid it. Granted, 18.5 is easier, but still follows the same principle that coasting is generally easier and maintains your current reward level.

1,800 Heavenly Dew! I am so close to upgrading my Fortress (O) to level 5.

1 hour ago, Lemmy said:

made it into tier 19 feeling, and i'm feeling very overpromoted, but at worst I yoyo between 18 and 19 as I build my fortresses up.

Just focus on your Fortress (O). Offense contributes to your score much more than defense, so do not spend Heavenly Dew on Fortress (D) unless it is for fulfilling the requirements for upgrading Fortress (O).

Got over 1000 stones saved up, but I'm waiting for the update in case they increase the max level on something important like Tactics Room.

6 minutes ago, Johann said:

Got over 1000 stones saved up, but I'm waiting for the update in case they increase the max level on something important like Tactics Room.

Tactics Room did increase, the update it out~

Check your boy, Cain's refine~