Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

So far I’ve got a -40 def, a full def which counted as 0 and 2 defense wins with my new team (although I’m not sure if the last one is for today or yesterday). Special Spiral Sothe is as devasting as I expected in a mode full with low def units

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Shoblongoo said:

Ehhhhhhhhh. In arena I've had absolutely no problem hitting tier 20 on a F2P resource budget + getting an arena crown every other season. 

(Moving this over to the general thread.)

Being able to get into the higher tiers wasn't ever the issue. The problem was that these units were meant to be marketable, yet they weren't because they were scoring dead weight to players who already had blessed teams. Their bonus effects being limited to Aether Raids further didn't help their case, and Dark and Anima Mythic Heroes already had it tough due to how much less their contribution to Aether Raids score is compared to Light and Astra.

The change to make Legendary Heroes count as having all Mythic blessings and Mythic Heroes count as having all Legendary blessings during their own bonus seasons is meant to make it more worth it to try to pull for these units (especially considering how little value Dark and Anima Mythic Heroes had prior to this change).

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

(Moving this over to the general thread.)

Being able to get into the higher tiers wasn't ever the issue. The problem was that these units were meant to be marketable, yet they weren't because they were scoring dead weight to players who already had blessed teams. Their bonus effects being limited to Aether Raids further didn't help their case, and Dark and Anima Mythic Heroes already had it tough due to how much less their contribution to Aether Raids score is compared to Light and Astra.

The change to make Legendary Heroes count as having all Mythic blessings and Mythic Heroes count as having all Legendary blessings during their own bonus seasons is meant to make it more worth it to try to pull for these units (especially considering how little value Dark and Anima Mythic Heroes had prior to this change).

I am still on the fence on the whole blessing System since AR release. They need to change it so Regular units can have a Legendary AND a Mythic blessing. Imho Legendary heroes have more value in my eyes currently. They also need to make a change to AA, Mythics should give +1 when being fielded if their season is on. Atm there is no incentiv to field them in AA ever.
Since the introduction of AR and Mythic heroes the Blessing system has become a big pile of utter-nonsense-garbage and is convoluted for no reason.

QoL changes I'd like to see:
- Ability to slap a legendary and mythic blessing at the same time on a Regular unit
- Ability to lock 4 AR Defense Team and save them (similar to locking the Defense team mode we have now)
- Ability to lock 10 AR Offense Team and save them (similar to locking the Defense team mode we have now)

There is more, AR feels like a real hassle to me due to constantly changing back and forth unit builds, which now affects Arena and AA because. Its like you cant just open up the game and play without setting up units for minutes...

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

I am still on the fence on the whole blessing System since AR release. They need to change it so Regular units can have a Legendary AND a Mythic blessing. Imho Legendary heroes have more value in my eyes currently. They also need to make a change to AA, Mythics should give +1 when being fielded if their season is on. Atm there is no incentiv to field them in AA ever.
Since the introduction of AR and Mythic heroes the Blessing system has become a big pile of utter-nonsense-garbage and is convoluted for no reason.

- Ability to slap a legendary and mythic blessing at the same time on a Regular unit
- Ability to lock 4 AR Defense Team and save them (similar to locking the Defense team mode we have now)
- Ability to lock 10 AR Offense Team and save them (similar to locking the Defense team mode we have now)

There is more, AR feels like a real hassle to me due to constantly changing back and forth unit builds, which now affects Arena and AA because. Its like you cant just open up the game and play without setting up units for minutes...

Yeah. But I want to able to change Blessings without the need to confer a new one. Like: Alfonse has Fire Blessing, so if I gave him a Light Blessing, he can change between the two Blessings each time I want, just like a skill.

If IntSys went for a dual Blessing per unit, the effect cannot stack. A team with two Eirs, two Legendary Azuras and a random 5th unit blessed with Water and Light, in a Water/Light Season. If the effects stacks, we would have +16 HP and +18 Res to the 5th unit.

19 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

If IntSys went for a dual Blessing per unit, the effect cannot stack. A team with two Eirs, two Legendary Azuras and a random 5th unit blessed with Water and Light, in a Water/Light Season. If the effects stacks, we would have +16 HP and +18 Res to the 5th unit.

The effect already cannot stack. Mythic Heroes can only apply their effect in Aether Raids. Legendary Heroes apply their effect in every game mode except Aether Raids. There is no game mode that is both Aether Raids and not Aether Raids, so it's impossible for a unit to receive both a Mythic Hero stat bonus and a Legendary Hero stat bonus simultaneously.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

The effect already cannot stack. Mythic Heroes can only apply their effect in Aether Raids. Legendary Heroes apply their effect in every game mode except Aether Raids. There is no game mode that is both Aether Raids and not Aether Raids, so it's impossible for a unit to receive both a Mythic Hero stat bonus and a Legendary Hero stat bonus simultaneously.

Oh, I didn't know about it. My bad.

3 hours ago, Hilda said:

They also need to make a change to AA, Mythics should give +1 when being fielded if their season is on. Atm there is no incentive to field them in AA ever.

On-season Mythics do give +1 when fielded in AA (just double checked it with Duma, I did indeed see a +1 bonus point).
I agree with the last 2 QoL changes, that would certainly save me a few minutes here and there, especially when changing between my real defense map and my free cutesy theme map in immunity.
At least for the Offense Teams, they made separated Light from Astra so you don't have to remove your 2-3 Eir teams every other week.

As for the setting up units parts, you can cut that down to a few clicks by putting all your Offense units in a Brigade, then toggling to Select by Team->Brigades and selecting a Skill Set to equip on all of them. For example, I put my AR Offense skill builds in Skill Set 1, so it doesn't take long to put everything on before starting AR matches for each day.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Legendary Heroes apply their effect in every game mode except Aether Raids.

Legendary effects apply in AR as well. I use Hawkeye (Fire) with Legendary Marth pretty regularly in Astra season.

-----------------

If anyone's interested in helping provide some pictures for the Aether Raids Offense Team Building Thread, please feel free to send me any pictures of the following types of common Defense setups:

• Horses in a Corner: Those teams where there's a bunch of horses packed into the top-right corner of Spring Breeze or something, arranged in a way where it's hard to approach safely due to traps and obstacles.
  • Armors in a Box: Teams where a bunch of armors are stacking Wards, Wary Fighter, and other defensive skills, boxed into a hard-to-reach corner and doing everything they can to survive the 7 turn limit.
  • Fliers in a Ball: A group of fliers stacking Goads/Wards, making them extremely hard to pick off while they're together. They also tend to have offensive builds making it dangerous to let them approach you.
  • Infantry Pulse Party: A group of infantry, usually mages, that are equipped with enough Pulse-type skills (Missletainn, Infantry Pulse, etc) that allow them to all (or nearly all) have fully charged specials on turn one.
  • Firesweep Lunge Trap: A unit or two at the forefront of the enemy base equipped with Firesweep Sword or Lance and Lunge, with the intent of pulling back any would-be baiters onto a Bolt Trap, triggering Wings of Mercy from the remaining team members (usually high offense units like Lilina, Ophelia, plus dancers).

Slight variations on these setups are fine too. I just don't have the common units (Reinhardt, Ophelia, Camilla, etc) in order to whip up a mock Def map myself.

Wow, this week was so awful xD. Not even top 6k. Only because I am experimenting. But I see them necessary for now to find a team fitting for the Astra hero...
Wanted to use Serena and Julia instead of Deirdre/Athena, but at no success and my team gets demolished often by a small margin...

Please Insys, just give Selena a refine they need it. Almost all the damn fliers got their refines which are nice for def teams... 

Edited by Stroud

Got away with dicking around fielding a team with Anima Spring Loki enough times to complete the quests. It was a little rough finding matches for it, since Fjorm was doing most of the heavy lifting and in the bigger Pulse Party setups, I needed to run my dual tank setup if for no other reason than to get Surtr to eat the Chill Res for Fjorm. The prevalence of mega whale fliers meant that Loki actually contributed more than Smite a couple times, so that's cool.

I just saw the oddest unit choice in Aether Raids.  Someone had a Distant Counter Jagen with Berkut's Lance.  I appreciate using your favorites, but what struck me as odd was the use of premium skill inheritance on him, but he was not merged at all, and he's not a bonus unit, so that's not the reason he was being used.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I just saw the oddest unit choice in Aether Raids.  Someone had a Distant Counter Jagen with Berkut's Lance.  I appreciate using your favorites, but what struck me as odd was the use of premium skill inheritance on him, but he was not merged at all, and he's not a bonus unit, so that's not the reason he was being used.

Weirdest thing I've seen was an Adrift F Corrin at level 34 in what was otherwise a full team of threatening units

Ending at 12320, Tier24 (probably fall from rank 300s to 500s by the end). Lucked out on defense quite a lot in the second half of the season, still amazed it's possible to maintain top1k without buying the lv4 Amphorae upgrade.

The overall lower quality of defense teams in tier 21+ is quite noticeable with so many people in it now. At least 12 to 14 of my 15 games just involved walking forward with my mega tank pair WCecilia and Surtr.

After going back and forth between tier 16 and 17 all week trying to remain in 17 at least, I won a bunch of battles between yesterday and today! I'm closing in on tier 18 now, hopefully I'll get there next season. :) I've been looking at that new thread on building AR offense teams, so I'm really going to do my best to build even better ones myself in due time. I'm also hoping to have enough resources to level up my fortress again.

Even despite those periods where I struggled for a bit, I must say that a big reason for my winning streaks has been Bunny Palla being the best anti-Surtr/male Grima Robin unit I could ask for here. She one-shots them every time and on top of that her Disarm Trap has been handy. I'm so glad I wanted and got her!

Edited by Anacybele

Once again I fall short. I can't wait for the Astra Mythic and the next fountain upgrade. Previously I didn't bother playing the last matches knowing I wouldn't promote, but I figured if I can't promote, then I can still try to drag others down with me. At least I have a shot of being top 30k instead of top 50k.

Special Spiral Ophelia is almost ready for the Dark Season Defense Team. Just need to get the SP for L&D3. Yune and Aversa provide and receive the Dark Blessing respectively, and then charge Ophelia. The rest of the team will be whatever legendary heroes I have to match the season. Hopefully I'll catch one or two units on the enemy team to further reduce the bleeding.

I think I'll have to throw a light blessing on my Spring Loki. I was hoping to pile up some light blessings so I'm considering just going 130 lift, but I'm also trying to finish off a few units flower power ups.

I experimented with running Ward instead of Goad on my defense fliers this week, and the results are 14 challenges, 3 victories, and 13 kills on losses for a total win rate of 45%. Looks like Goad is probably better.

Anyways, I end this season in Tier 24 with 12,260 Lift, which is currently rank 686.

Got absolutely hammered on Defense this week and ended with a final score of 12,220 (ranked currently at 887), even though my Offense was flawless. I'll need to rethink my map for Anima season and non-school seasons since people aren't using Aversa, which is preventing my map from triggering (or at least on the Def matches that matter). The threshold for top 1k is requiring a stronger showing in Defense, especially with Duma and Yune around. Getting 1 kill on average across 7 Def matches isn't going to be enough without them.

edit: looking at the results, it seems the 1k mark will be between 12,200 and 12,210. Duma merges are barely saving some people, it seems. I think I'll need to conserve my orbs for the May banner, and not just for the Astra hero.

Edited by Johann

Hm... The only bonus units that I have are Yune, Fjorm and Spring Loki, but the first two cannot receive a Light Blessing and isn't their Season, and I don't plan to invest on Loki.

The max I will score  this Season will be 120, by using a bonus unit and Eir, or two Eirs and no Bonus Unit. I could use two Eirs and a bonus unit, for a Max score of 140, but my team wouldn't be that great.

Added the Lion King on my defensive Team. Let's wait for the results...

Spring Loki's not a bad unit to toss a Light Blessing on to if you have one to spare. Her Res is formidable, and getting the boost from Eir allows her to take on mage heavy maps pretty safely. I rationalized using a Light Blessing by the logic that we get one every 2 weeks anyway.